Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fire D'antoni!!!

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    question starky:
    who's the better coach? isiah or mike d?
    There is no question that Mike D is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Passionate Knick fans have the right to express themselves how ever they want to.
    dont even think about calling ur self a passionate knick fan, dont even go there. and i agree we do have the right to express ourselves but no one on this forum other than you would say that were a disgrace to NY and would rather root for a pile of sh!t. Thats disrespectful to me, the knicks, and most imporantantly desrespectful to all of all TRUE knicks fan on this forum

I agree with mostly every thing you said and I am not ashamed to acknowledge another Knick fan that knows his stuff.

The Knicks were playing well when they were tied for the 8th seed and only 4 games below .500.They caught their worst break during dream weak at the Garden.I really think that if they would of played 3 other teams that week they would of had enough confidence to run away with a playoff spot.Going through losing streaks are very depressing for fans i couldn't imagine how some of those Knicks felt during their 6 game losing streak.As for D'antoni, maybe I got a bit emotional while I was making this thread.Any heart breaking loss is frustrating to take.You watch the Knicks every day with the expectation of seeing them win.This was a very winnable game and they didn't have the basketball IQ to put this one away when they needed to.
    I agree, "dream" week killed us. We lost all our confidence.

Fair enough, I can understand getting emotional when it comes to the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Knicks07
    dont even think about calling ur self a passionate knick fan, dont even go there. and i agree we do have the right to express ourselves but no one on this forum other than you would say that were a disgrace to NY and would rather root for a pile of sh!t. Thats disrespectful to me, the knicks, and most imporantantly desrespectful to all of all TRUE knicks fan on this forum
    Are you finished PMSing?

Originally Posted by JayJ44

I agree 100%. If that stupid dream week wouldent have happened we wouldent be where are now. b4 dream week our record was like 22-27

What were the schedule people thinking? I mean that was very cruel of them to give us those three games.

I dunno, they always say the NBA needs a good team in NY. But it seems like they do whatever they can to make it harder for us.

I dunno, they always say the NBA needs a good team in NY. But it seems like they do whatever they can to make it harder for us.
    That's why the Knicks should be given the Clippers 8 times a year and should be given the Lakers,Celtics and Cavs only once.Bad teams should be allowed to play eachother more frequently than good teams.

Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?
    Mike D only never reached the finals with Phoenix courtesy of Pop & the Spurs. That's it. While His Airness was still playing, then according to your reckoning, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan, Paul Westphal & Rick Adelman were all crap coaches & Ewing, Barkley, Drexler, Shaq & Malone were a pack of muppets.

Have you been drinking paint?

Phoenix got a bum card when Stat strolled on to the court after Big Shot Bob flattened Nash & was awarded a suspension.

Don't knock Mike D for getting beaten by Tim Duncan & his cohorts & a crap decision.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Mike D only never reached the finals with Phoenix courtesy of Pop & the Spurs. That's it. While His Airness was still playing, then according to your reckoning, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan, Paul Westphal & Rick Adelman were all crap coaches & Ewing, Barkley, Drexler, Shaq & Malone were a pack of muppets.

Have you been drinking paint?

Phoenix got a bum card when Stat strolled on to the court after Big Shot Bob flattened Nash & was awarded a suspension.

Don't knock Mike D for getting beaten by Tim Duncan & his cohorts & a crap decision.

The Knicks and Pat Riley had a chance to win an NBA championship when Jordan was out of the league but they failed to close things out in the NBA finals.

The Suns got lucky in game 4 of the 07' Western conference finals, when they had that late fourth quarter run to beat the Spurs.They could of easily lost that series in 5 games.There was no way that D'antoni was going to out coach Greg Popavich in that series.

the Knicks haven't won a championship for an eternity that it doesn't affect the fans, they just want some excitement and a couple of wins and change and they will be pacified so D'Antoni will be fine.

Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?
    When you win a championship it doesn't mean you are a good coach, heck Doc Rivers even won one

the Garden crowd will get tire of this by mid-next season and start the Fire D'Antoni chants. with or without him the Knicks can still probably get a marquee free-agent.

funny probably the best person to be the Knicks head coach has been on the bench forever and always passed over by some brand name that has brought nothing to the table.

what is wrong with you people, im seeing the most illogical irrational thought processes concerning an analysis of a basketball coach I have ever seen in my life. WE HAVE NO CENTER, and a bunch of role players. Larry hughes played the most minutes he has all season last night, of course wade is going to erupt, because if not hughes, no one else can defend him. Dantoni knows this, walsh knows this, the only people who dont know this are idiot, closet nets fans, who I swear relish having the knicks play poorly because they dont understand basketball ,and its easy to nonsensically bash a team for a poor performace, when in reality, DWAYNE WADE Drops 40 on teams like the celtics if he really wants to, the man just went nuts, pull up threes, throwing the ball over his head. thats why he is dwayne wade, mike D has nothing to do with that. No coach can stop players like kobe lebron and wade when they want to take over. NONE.

Veteran

I don't coach an NBA team into choking games with 15 point leads in the 4th quarter.
    No more to be said other than Dantoni being an overrated Celebrity Coach....we seen the defensive tactic plans Dantoni have in the 4th Qtr. for Wade....Howard....Bosh....Philly....Lebron....Kobe ....Ect. None!!!

Adding Larry Hughes to the Knick rotation for 30 or more minutes a game put celebrity coach Dantoni coaching level down to a below average C- coach.
    Especially not knowing how to add Wilcox talent into the bigman lineup counts for something...

And Duhon performance since the arrival of Hughes stinks.