Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fire D'antoni!!!

Originally Posted by Red
    No, more like we need a Center.

D'Antoni was just hired.

And, why do you keep posting in this thread?

Yes we need a center, yes this team needs a true PG, yes they need a star player and better talent.I never disagree with that at all.

Like I mentioned before, I am not asking for the firing of D'antoni with 23 games left to go in his first NBA season with the Knicks.

I keep posting in this thread because one, I created this thread and people keep responding to my posts.So I will continue responding to their posts.Is that not what being in a forum all about ?

no matter what face it, D'Antoni will be here for at least 5 years

all ready....

Fire D'antoni? Yeah sure since we are at it lets fire Donnie Walsh too. Lets give Isiah a new multi year double digits contract extension. Order him to trade our dranft picks for the next 10 years for Marbury. Have him ship Lee and Nate to GS for Jamal Crawford. Trade Gallinari and Chandler for Zbo and tell a couple of interns to get in the fvcking truck. Marbury's track that is.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    no matter what face it, D'Antoni will be here for at least 5 years
    NYK have had 6 different coaches the last 6 seasons you sure you want to make such a prediction?

Originally Posted by _______√ictory_______
    all ready....

I would wait until after the 2011-12 to fire him.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I would wait until after the 2011-12 to fire him.
    \If youre going to say something like that what was the point in you making this thread now?

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    \If youre going to say something like that what was the point in you making this thread now?

Don't worry, if the Knicks don't win a championship in the next 5 years I will bump this thread.I just wanted to let people know that I was never sold on the whole D'antoni hype.

Superstar

I wasn't holding D'antoni responsible for the Knick failures of the last 10 years.I blame James Dolan for the mismanagement of the Knicks.

I never said that Mike D'antoni wasn't a good coach my argument is that he isn't a great coach.Great coaches are the ones that can coach the right group of guys towards a championship.

The Spurs elminated the Suns because they played defense and the Suns weren't always eliminated by the Spurs under D'antoni, they had a chance to get to the Finals without having to get through the Spurs in the 2006 playoffs but were elminated by the Dallas Mavericks.If it was just a San Antonio Spurs issue for the Suns they would of easily won a championship that year.

Rick Adelman is another example of a good coach that isn't a great coach.He was given the right players in Portland,Sacramento, and Houston, was very close to winning a championship on a number of occasions but was never able to get it done.

Mike D'antoni wasn't the best available for Donnie Walsh to hire.After he fired Isiah Thomas he had Avery Johnson and Scott Skiles available but chose to go with the more popular coach instead of the more reasonable one.Donnie Walsh contradicted himself after stating that the Knicks needed to get back to being a team that was built around defense.I wasn't asking for Walsh to bring in a coach that already won a championship with another team but a coach that if given the right team he would have a better chance to win a title with that team than D'antoni would.

I am in no way desiring for Walsh to fire Mike D'antoni right at this moment.It would be foolish to tear down the foundation of a house that hasn't been fully constructed yet but once D'antoni is given the best New York Knicks team that he can get his hands on and still fails to win a championship then he deserves the pink slip.

I don't expect this team to get anywhere,not with this deformed roster but I expect them to play better defense.They might not have the defensive players of a championship team but in their wins this year against the Spurs,Rockets, Hawks, and Celtics they actually played real defense in the 4th quarter.Why should they even think about trying to out score Dwayne Wade in the 4th quarter on the road when all they needed to do was double or triple team him.

I could write a whole book about the mistakes of James Dolan and the decline of the New York Knicks after the Ewing era.Every die hard Knick fan has suffered through years of having their team be the side show of professional sports and are still going through the recovery from the damage.I am not an ungrateful Knick fan that is choosing not to be content with the overall improvement of the Knicks as a team and as a franchise.I just don't want to get my hopes up high as a Knick fan to then watch this organization be a couple of mistakes away from going another 35 plus years without winning a championship.
    You're backtracking in your argument now. No, Adelman and D'antoni, might not be Championship coaches but they win.

The Knicks first problem was their losing culture. The way things were ran the past few years were pathetic. Layden, Isiah, and Marbury had losing mentalities. Meaning they may not have had the winning players around them but their attitude was very me first for their glory. You might lose a lot but you wouldn't be viewed as a "loser" if you took like a champion.

The driving forces of the Knicks were losers.

Now with Walsh and D'antoni we have hope. Walsh is a smart man. D'antoni's system is entertaining and keeps the Knicks in games most of the time. We are competitive even though we find ways to lose. But it does make the Knicks attractive and I think that's why Walsh was brought here so that it could by him some time.

Walsh is doing everything right. Its all about 2010 and being fiscally healthy. Now we may not get any Wades or Lebrons but being financially ready is key.

Now D'antoni may change his ways who knows. Pat Riley had to when he came to the Knicks.

Walsh is going to build the team that will win championships and defense will be his priority and by the time D'antoni contract is up Walsh would probably have his team and would ask Mike do show up or shut up.

In Phoenix, Mike was winning and Kerr came in the middle of the year and started changing stuff around without and regard that Mike was there longer and he was doing his thing. Mike felt disrespected and left.

Here Walsh brought him in and Walsh has more leverage. If Walsh wants a different direction Mike will have to abide by it or go.

But in the mean time it is too early and this roster is too flawed for any coach, championship or not to win with.

Veteran

Thumbs down

Does anyone see any strategy in Dantoni's coaching?
    I dont.

Will the lack of defense in Dantoni's coaching have super stars lining up to sign with the Knicks in 2010?
    Super Stars like going to the FINALS....a place Dantoni career is not going without a defensive coordinator on his staff.

Coach Dantoni have a powerful Defensive Starting Backcourt in Duhon, Hughes, and Jefferies....if Dantoni can not show a stratical-defensive plan with that "Trio" of defensive players (this season)....than getting Dantoni a shotblocking center is a waste of time.

Coach Dantoni have one great quality on his side....his coach to player relationship seems great in the Knicks lockerroom....but it does nothing for Dantoni's 2nd half coaching-plan which is non-existing.

We like the effort that we see now from the Knick Players....the players come to play for coach Dantoni....however the Knick players are playing without any coaching strategy or plan to break down oponents system.
    Our Players dont have a clue when to foul and when not to foul....its the same as when to pick and when not to pick "Lee n Duhon" pick n roll messed-up after a time-out of discussing a design play.
    There is no excuse for that wide open turnover.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jpz17
    why argue with him guys? we all know D'Antoni is a good coach, he just wants attention
    Nobody....is saying that Dantoni is not a good coach....his coach to player relation prove to be one of the best....its his coaching strategy in the 4th Qtr. that need emergency help....he is not a Bigman coach, or defensive minded coach, or a strategical coach.
    He is a coach that depends to much on the "3-Ball" to win games.

It's hard to forget that coach Dantoni had a roster of Super-Stars in Phoenix that became Lazy on DEFENSE. Lucky for Joe Johnson....he only spent one season with Dantoni b/c Joe Johnson's defense has won plenty of games for the Hawks...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Nobody....is saying that Dantoni is not a good coach....his coach to player relation prove to be one of the best....its his coaching strategy in the 4th Qtr. that need emergency help....he is not a Bigman coach, or defensive minded coach, or a strategical coach.
    He is a coach that depends to much on the "3-Ball" to win games.

It's hard to forget that coach Dantoni had a roster of Super-Stars in Phoenix that became Lazy on DEFENSE. Lucky for Joe Johnson....he only spent one season with Dantoni b/c Joe Johnson's defense has won plenty of games for the Hawks...
    look at the players dantoni is bringing in.

duhon
    hughes
    saamb

look who is in the rotation consistently despite offensive upsides

jefferies

you honestly believe that dantoni does not know anything about defense?
    his actions are speaking quite loud that he KNOWS we lack defense....and all we can do FOR NOW, is try to outscore opponents, and until we have the right defensive pieces, we will slow down the set a bit and try to be able to run and gun AND play in the half court. These things don't happen over night, players go through week long raining sessions on the fine aspects of the game. you cant just say, play better defense, then u have to guard lebron, wade, and kobe back to back. you need players that understand team defense, you cant just preach this into players. if you could, someone would have recorded it and made millions. you guys need to put down the xbox and stop playing gm. coach and walsh are doing everything we have all asked him to do at one point in time. the only thing really is the marbury situation. he has handled our financial situation brilliantly. danillo is 19, he is not ready so i cant say if he is a good pick or not, he is an underrated man defender, and a below average team defender, but listen, he is 19 years old. give him a year or 2. in two years he might be more valuable than the 2012 first round pick.
    Stop hatin on walsh

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Does anyone see any strategy in Dantoni's coaching?
    You neglected to mention: Players stats get inflated in D'Antonis system, thus increasing their trade value.

The Knicks and Pat Riley had a chance to win an NBA championship when Jordan was out of the league but they failed to close things out in the NBA finals.

The Suns got lucky in game 4 of the 07' Western conference finals, when they had that late fourth quarter run to beat the Spurs.They could of easily lost that series in 5 games.There was no way that D'antoni was going to out coach Greg Popavich in that series.
    So the 2 obstacles you now refer to are:

G Pop & Hakeem Olajuwan.

That doesn't redefine anything you've said.

And a run in the 4th quarter by any team Mike D' Antoni coaches is courtesy of a clicking offense that smokes like a bowl of El Salvadorian Skunk.

We're a pretty god awful team sadly but truly. I think we've met some bloated expectations this year. With a crappy pg and some shocking defenders, Mike D has been hard put to it.

He's cooking well considering what he has in the kitchen.

If someone handed you a dry, white dog nugget and an eggplant and said "cook me a delicacy" & truly expected to receive one, they'd be crazy!

Bump!

Funny how 90% of Knick fans use to defend D'antoni and now 90% of Knick fans have enough evidence to know how horrible of a coach he is.