Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108

Thread: The Incredible Mismanagement Of Stephon Marbury

  1. #76
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Marbury over Michael Jordan?

    Your arrogance has deluded you like bad acid.

    That is the most ****ed up bull**** I have ever heard.

    Michael Jordan would be no more than a role player.

    Team Starbury are too strong.

    ****ing hell.

    Somebody save this site from Marbury lovers obsession with their opinions & constant back rubbing of one another. You all love your opinions and consider yourselves the upper echelon of all things ko.com. and it just seems that Marbury has become your beacon to channel all your **** through. Are you or were you ever really that fond of him?

    Marbury is gone. Stop slandering everybody but him for his own bull**** (including Mike D etc. he's still a Knick). It's over.

  2. #77
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    1 and 3 sort of go hand-in-hand, but I feel like you are missing the bigger picture. Look, Mike saw what happened to Brown, saw what happened to Isiah in this town. And yet, he still signed up for this job. But then, to force D'Antoni to play Steph, a PG for whatever reason he didn't trust, or the team didn't trust (a trainer was quoted as saying you could tell there was hatred towards Steph in the locker room) is just unfair. Would you tell Joe Girardi who he had to play and where he had to play them?

    D'Antoni was brought in to do a job, to turn around the NY Knicks. For whatever reason he felt that he could not do it with Steph at the helm. It's not fair to force him to play Steph, especially when his offense revolves so fundamentally around the Point Guard. If this team failed, if D'Antoni failed, he would be the latest casualty in a NY sports war that has destroyed Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas and even guys like Joe Torre. D'Antoni DID NOT WANT TO BECOME A CASUALTY. In NY, you win or you're out. For D'Antoni, he had to turn this team around, and he has done a pretty decent job so far.

    Would the team have been better with Steph at the helm this year? Maybe, it's tough to say. Basketball is such a team sport, it's possible that teams would have keyed down on Marbury, forcing him to make bad passes and frustrating the offense from even getting started. Duhon would have not been keyed in on, and thus allowing him the time and space to get a pass off. Not to mention, though Marbury can pass, it's possible he wasn't making the RIGHT pass. At any given time on the court there's a load of different passes you can make, perhaps Steph wasn't making the looks D'Antoni wanted. I don't know, I wasn't there. Fact is Steph is off the team, and without him the team is playing well. I don't see the problem.

    Not to mention, MSG, think about it this way. You need a team of people to defend Stephon on this board. If you need a team of people to defend a person, if there are so many instances where it's arguable that Steph did/did not cause a problem, is that a guy you REALLY want leading your team? Wouldn't you prefer someone who has never even been rumored to argue with coaches and players and never has been rumored to leave his team in the midst of a road trip? Why would you want someone you have to try so hard to defend to be the leader of your franchise?
    I respectfully, but completely disagree with your first 3 paragraphs. The way things were done makes no sense at all to me. Even if Marbury doesnt get along with all his teammates, he was only gonna be here for one more year. I dont see how theres any possible way that Duhon is doing a better job then Marbury would be doing. Marbury is better at everything...passing, scoring, defending...who cares if he has problems with Richardson, and possibly Malik Rose. If hes only going to be here for one year, make him earn his money instead of buying him out and letting him go to a team in the same division.

    A-Rod is more of a headcase then Marbury ever was, at least Marbury has hit some big shots. But A-rod is so talented, that Girardi would never sit him. Thats just the way it works. Im sure theres players on the Yankees that dont like A-rod, as a Yankees fan I dont like him. I think i remember hearing somewhere that in Joe Torre's book, he was making fun of the way a-rod talks to Jeter like hes a female fan. Alot of good and bad teams have had tension in the locker room or club house, but on the court its strictly business. When you have a losing team, theres gonna be more problems. Thats normal. If we were winning, people wouldnt pay as much attention to this. Theres problems in Houston...I have heard that a couple of players dont like McGrady. I think Yao Ming even said something about him always being injured, but they still have had winning records.

    Some of Michael Jordan's teammates hated him so I have no problem with a player leading my team that has problems with a couple of his teammates. But Marbury would have only been leading us for one year, and it would have been nice to see him earn some of the money hes recieved over the past couple of years. Marbury has been made the scapegoat here in New York by Isiah Thomas, and he just had some bad luck with Mike D'antoni. Regardless of if other posters on this site agree or disagree, I and some other posters have made strong cases for this and so has the writer of the article that Metro posted. Our point of view has enough evidence for it to be a respected opinion. Theres some dirt you can dig up on him too, but for the most part...he hasnt really been that bad since the beginning of the 2006 season. The only thing he did that was stupid, that im 100% sure about, was the way he behaved at the time of the sexual harassment trial. He did behave immature, and I think he realizes that. But other then that...I dont see any other facts that can fully be held against him.

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Marbury over Michael Jordan?

    Your arrogance has deluded you like bad acid.

    That is the most ****ed up bull**** I have ever heard.

    Michael Jordan would be no more than a role player.

    Team Starbury are too strong.

    ****ing hell.

    Somebody save this site from Marbury lovers obsession with their opinions & constant back rubbing of one another. You all love your opinions and consider yourselves the upper echelon of all things ko.com. and it just seems that Marbury has become your beacon to channel all your **** through. Are you or were you ever really that fond of him?

    Marbury is gone. Stop slandering everybody but him for his own bull**** (including Mike D etc. he's still a Knick). It's over.
    I learned how to read when I was in 1st grade

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    none of the above, i just think its funny to do that. It annoys me the way old timers talk about some of the players from back then. I dont think theres a single player from before Michael Jordan that would be as good as he was back then today...Wilt would never score 100 points now, and even Magic Johnson wouldnt be the same player...but both of them would still be great though. Theres stronger, faster players now that could slow them down.

    I think in some ways, basketball is at its best right now. We just need two or three more elite teams...

  3. #78
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    RED and GetRealistic I respect your opinions even when we mostly have different views because you don't try to attack someone simply because they don't agree with you.

    I think this is a great site because everyone speaks so freely.

    I do agree that there is some validity to both sides of the argument, and I think you see the media actually admitting that they went alittle overboard while Steph was here and showing some "love" for him now that the Knicks saga is over.

    I will be a Knicks fan for life, and all I am saying is that I will also root for Steph for the rest of his career. He may not have the rings and hardware, but to ME he was important to the Knicks, me playing basketball growing up, and my interest in the NBA.

    Any player that draw someone's interest is very special.

    Peace dunns.

  4. #79
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    My beef with you richtree, is that you insulted me calling me not a "true" Knicks fan because I won't root for Marbury. That's bull****. If you are backing down on that claim, we're cool. We do agree on Duhon in the "Duhon = bad" thread.

  5. #80
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I just don't understand how you can't root for a guy after he gave his heart and sould to the team and also took all the blame for the rest of his teammates...

    I respect him more because I see guys like Crawford that never workout out in the weight room, never expanded his game, never got better on defense, and never took responsibility for losing.

    There were 5-6 players on the Knicks like that. I will never root for JC on any team because he doesn't have heart and is a basketball player. He is someone that simply plays basketball. I mean me had to 6-6 Sg's (Crawford and Q-rich) signed that couldn't even dunk in a game. I bet the had 5 dunks total in 3 years. They ain't going to the goal hard.

    KBlack I wasn't trying to make it personal, says "you" or not a true Knicks fan. I just don't understand how you can watch Marbury and not pull for him in some way.

    Lets face it, if Steph was on the team right now, many people would be blaming him for us not making it to the 8th seed. I've never seen people so happy to be the 10th best team in the East. David Lee says, "Best 0-3 I've been a part of, lol."

    The Knicks have hope and energy but are still a team that isn't good.

    I hope everyone understands I just want Marbury to get some respect and hopefully the Knicks can turn this franchise around in 2 years.

  6. #81
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    RED and GetRealistic I respect your opinions even when we mostly have different views because you don't try to attack someone simply because they don't agree with you.

    I think this is a great site because everyone speaks so freely.

    I do agree that there is some validity to both sides of the argument, and I think you see the media actually admitting that they went alittle overboard while Steph was here and showing some "love" for him now that the Knicks saga is over.

    I will be a Knicks fan for life, and all I am saying is that I will also root for Steph for the rest of his career. He may not have the rings and hardware, but to ME he was important to the Knicks, me playing basketball growing up, and my interest in the NBA.

    Any player that draw someone's interest is very special.

    Peace dunns.
    No doubt. Would you feel the same if he wasn't from Brooklyn? My thing is at the end of the day it's about winning. That's my concern and this "fued" would be different had we been winning. Now we have all discussed what the "winning" formula is and our opinions vary from PG's to Big Men etc...but I know what you "DONT" do to win...and that's sign and spend frivalous money to players who can't/don't perform as expected givin their dollar value for whatever reason. In Marbs case people blame management, team mates, even him but the bottom line is we as a "TEAM" didn't win- which means he and everyone is to blame period! MSG mentioned A-Rod and said no one likes him but on the field "it's business"- that's my point (and who I am) it's all about the business of winning a making money. Our management as well as Marbury have the making money part down...I as a fan want winning. I don't care about the media and he said she said and getting along etc... all I care about is WINNING. And we have lost so much that the focus is on everything else except the ultimate goal!

  7. #82
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=Knicker23;87300]I don't care how many points he put up or what his stats were, he brought us nothing QUOTE]

    playoffs = nothing?

  8. #83
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Because I can't think of a player that has been more destructive to the franchise and how much better the Knicks would have been if Mebury/Isiah had never come to New York.
    I dare you to contradict every point that was made in this article without repeating statements have been proven false.

  9. #84
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fans of New York basketball watch out for Marbury, no doubt.

  10. #85
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Not as entertaining as I thought this thread could be.


    Just long ass paragraphs of the same ****. One side for marbury, the other against him.


    The way I see it is that marbury is like an ex-girlfriend that dick-riders and haters can't forget. The marbury dick-riders are still stuck on the girl, while the marbury haters are still talking **** about the girl. But what they don't see is that the girl (marbs) doesn't give a f*ck about you.


    So move on. Wish him well and move on. Don't sit in front of your comp for hours and talk about the same **** that doesn't go anywhere.

  11. #86
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I dare you to contradict every point that was made in this article without repeating statements have been proven false.
    Everything in that article is either opinion or stats about his talent. I have never questioned his talent. I have my own opinions about Mebury and they are backed up by his actions and attitude as well as quotes from players and coaches. You have your opinions about Mebury based on stats and conjecture.

  12. #87
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Fortunately for Marbury, his attitudes toward the New York media is of no concern to the Celtics (though it is probably an accurate depiction of his personality -- there is a reason 22 percent of the NBA players who responded to an SI players' poll this week named Marbury as the player they would least like to have on their team). Boston's only concern is his ability to contribute. Which he has. Sort of.
    That speaks volumes about Mebury's attitude.

  13. #88
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Everything in that article is either opinion or stats about his talent. I have never questioned his talent. I have my own opinions about Mebury and they are backed up by his actions and attitude as well as quotes from players and coaches. You have your opinions about Mebury based on stats and conjecture.
    historical data isn't opinion.
    re-read.

  14. #89
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    historical data isn't opinion.
    re-read.
    Re-read my post and re-read the article. I said opinion and stats (or historical data as you call it).

    Read my most recent post as well. 22% of the NBA says Mebury is the player they would LEAST like on their team. Plus, apparently only 2 Knicks called Steph to wish him luck in Boston (Curry & Harrington). He's the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

    Did you see Towelhead scowling on the bench last night after he was blocked, then threw up an air-ball and Boston lost their 7-point lead when Mebury was playing?

    How long will it be before Mebury pulls his same old act? How long will it be before he starts complaining that he's better than Rondo and should be getting more minutes? The Celtics are lucky he's only there for a short time because it won't take long for them to grow tired of his attitude.

  15. #90
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Re-read my post and re-read the article. I said opinion and stats (or historical data as you call it).

    Read my most recent post as well. 22% of the NBA says Mebury is the player they would LEAST like on their team. Plus, apparently only 2 Knicks called Steph to wish him luck in Boston (Curry & Harrington). He's the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

    Did you see Towelhead scowling on the bench last night after he was blocked, then threw up an air-ball and Boston lost their 7-point lead when Mebury was playing?

    How long will it be before Mebury pulls his same old act? How long will it be before he starts complaining that he's better than Rondo and should be getting more minutes? The Celtics are lucky he's only there for a short time because it won't take long for them to grow tired of his attitude.
    Additionally, metro, your boy Simmons on his March 3rd podcast made fun of Stephon Marbury, joking about how he's totally useless on the team, an end of the bench player. Why didn't you quote THAT Simmons podcast?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2009, 19:50
  2. Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 13:22
  3. Marbury Is The Real Clown
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2008, 08:11
  4. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 19:28
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •