The Incredible Mismanagement Of Stephon Marbury

Red

TYPE-A
Thread renamed: The incredible incompetence of the Knicks Front Office.Steph for 20mil is too much. F*uck his personality and on/off court sh*t. Business wise - another poor decision. Top 3 in salary...SMH.!

richtree

Rotation player
Metro -- good post....

Many people that think they know about Steph are just
regurgitating what the media outputs...

Many people don't want to take the time to listen and admit maybe he isn't such a bad guy because then they don't have anyone to blame....

Funny how Duhon, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, Jefferies, J. James, Franics, are all players that no NBA team wants or would ever consider a "Winner"

Look how quickly Mikey D moved his boy Q to the bench when an out of shape Hughes came over...

Marbury is a tremdous talent, that was seeing is character, the franchise he loved, and management all go done the toliet and he took it in stride...

He willingly took the blame for Fred Weis, Larry Brown, Jim Dolan, Isiah, and in return all he wanted was to win...

Then Mikey D pulled the rug out because he couldn't rebuild with a personality on the team bigger than his own..

Its like the Hawks trading Wilkins when they were in first place for Danny Manning and saying "Wilkins is the face of the organization" ha!

Marbury carries the weight on Coney Island on his shoulders and I don't think many people understand how different life is here in the NYC area

If Steph re-signs with the Celtics there will be Green #8 jersey's all over NYC probably more than any of the Knicks

Funny how AI has been 2 x's as bad off the court paid more money of his career than Marbury basically hated every where he goes, chucking shots for another team next year (still not passing or winning) but since he's not from NYC nobody cares...

Marbury is the scapegoat for NYC and was willing to carry the load for those years just to get a shot at winning in MSG...

Now he is in Boston -- and I'm going to root for him to win a title as long as the Celtics aren't playing the Knicks

If you can't root for Marbury to win a title -- you were never a Knicks fan, never a true NYC baller, and your justifing James Dolan mis-management for all those years...

Remember when Ewing was a Sonic and you cheered him on

Since Allan Houton to Donnie Walsh the only good thing we had in the middle was Steph Marbury

KBlack25

Starter
Metro -- good post....

Many people don't want to take the time to listen and admit maybe he isn't such a bad guy because then they don't have anyone to blame....

Funny how Duhon, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, Jefferies, J. James, Franics, are all players that no NBA team wants or would ever consider a "Winner"

Look how quickly Mikey D moved his boy Q to the bench when an out of shape Hughes came over...

Marbury is a tremdous talent, that was seeing is character, the franchise he loved, and management all go done the toliet and he took it in stride...

He willingly took the blame for Fred Weis, Larry Brown, Jim Dolan, Isiah, and in return all he wanted was to win...

Then Mikey D pulled the rug out because he couldn't rebuild with a personality on the team bigger than his own..

Its like the Hawks trading Wilkins when they were in first place for Danny Manning and saying "Wilkins is the face of the organization" ha!

Marbury carries the weight on Coney Island on his shoulders and I don't think many people understand how different life is here in the NYC area

If Steph re-signs with the Celtics there will be Green #8 jersey's all over NYC probably more than any of the Knicks

Funny how AI has been 2 x's as bad off the court paid more money of his career than Marbury basically hated every where he goes, chucking shots for another team next year (still not passing or winning) but since he's not from NYC nobody cares...

Marbury is the scapegoat for NYC and was willing to carry the load for those years just to get a shot at winning in MSG...

Now he is in Boston -- and I'm going to root for him to win a title as long as the Celtics aren't playing the Knicks

If you can't root for Marbury to win a title -- you were never a Knicks fan, never a true NYC baller, and your justifing James Dolan mis-management for all those years...

Since Allan Houton to Donnie Walsh the only good thing we had in the middle was Steph Marbury

You would do well never ever ever to compare Ewing to Marbury. Regardless of whether you love Marbury or not, he is NOT Patrick Ewing, Marbury will NOT have his number retired and likely will NOT be asked to the Garden.

I'm not rooting for Marbury to win a championship, but not because I'm not a "true Knicks fan". In fact, I'm more of a Knicks fan because I root only for the blue and orange. If you aren't wearing a Knicks jersey, I'm not rooting for you. If that makes me not a "true" Knicks fan, then so be it.

richtree

Rotation player
Sometimes people forget how down Knicks fan were on Ewing

I am in NO WAY comparing the 2 , lets make that clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Knicks are out of the Playoffs -- why not root for Steph --

Who knows maybe Rondo gets hurts and Steph has bigger role ?

you can't say that you won't root for one team or another -- every time you watch any game -- you root for someone

Starks

Starter
Metro -- good post....

I'm from the Bronx and ball every week when its nice. I'm one of the biggest Knick fan there is and I am will never justify a damn thing Dolan did.

But your saying that because I'm not going to root for Stephon to win a ring with Boston, everything I just stated gets take away??

Bro- Don't get into journalism or law. That argument sounds like it came from a retarted child.

NYC doesn't give a fuk about marbury. Maybe coney island, but don't speak for my city. NYC cares about their own damn selves and watching a good product in our sports teams.

Starks

Starter
And another thing. Your from "Dirt Jersey" Do yourself a favor and get the hell out of here.

Ur Speaking for the city???

what a sad joke

richtree

Rotation player
I was speaking about the city and the metro area.....

Starks you really don't think the city cares about Marbury you are wrong...

Every kid in New York, and yes even some Jersey, wanted to be Marbury and followed him from his High School days....

They rooted for him as a T'wolf, Sun, Net, Knick and will as a Celtic...

because he was hope for all kids out there ballin' in the city --

Your speaking of "product" -- no real Knicks fan thinks of their team as a "product"

that just shows your heart is in the wrong place

The Knicks aren't a product -- they are much , much more than that

and me being from Jersey is no agruement - I am closer to the Garden than you are fool

KBlack25

Starter
Sometimes people forget how down Knicks fan were on Ewing

I am in NO WAY comparing the 2 , lets make that clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Knicks are out of the Playoffs -- why not root for Steph --

Who knows maybe Rondo gets hurts and Steph has bigger role ?

you can't say that you won't root for one team or another -- every time you watch any game -- you root for someone

The point I was making is that I'm not going to root for the Clippers just because Marcus Camby is a Clipper. I'm not going to root for the Thunder just because Malik Rose is on the Thunder. I didn't root for the T'Wolves just because Sprewell was on the T'Wolves. I am not going to root for the Pistons just because Antonio McDyess is a Piston. I am not going to root for the Blazers just because Channing Frye is a Blazer. I am not going to root for the Lakers just because Trevor Ariza is a Laker. I am not going to root for the Bulls just because Tim Thomas is a Bull.

I root for the Knicks. I root against Boston because I hate the Celtics, I don't care if they have Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and every great former Knick ever. The jersey reads "Celtics", I don't root for them.

TunerAddict

Starter
The point I was making is that I'm not going to root for the Clippers just because Marcus Camby is a Clipper. I'm not going to root for the Thunder just because Malik Rose is on the Thunder. I didn't root for the T'Wolves just because Sprewell was on the T'Wolves. I am not going to root for the Pistons just because Antonio McDyess is a Piston. I am not going to root for the Blazers just because Channing Frye is a Blazer. I am not going to root for the Lakers just because Trevor Ariza is a Laker. I am not going to root for the Bulls just because Tim Thomas is a Bull.

I root for the Knicks. I root against Boston because I hate the Celtics, I don't care if they have Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and every great former Knick ever. The jersey reads "Celtics", I don't root for them.

Amen! The gospel according to KBlack!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I will always root for Stephon "Starchild" "Starbury" Marbury. Good luck to Starbury in Boston. He could have really helped the Knicks make the playoffs this season, but D'Antoni and Walsh were too blind to see that.

Starks

Starter
I was speaking about the city and the metro area.....

Starks you really don't think the city cares about Marbury you are wrong...

Every kid in New York, and yes even some Jersey, wanted to be Marbury and followed him from his High School days....

They rooted for him as a T'wolf, Sun, Net, Knick and will as a Celtic...

because he was hope for all kids out there ballin' in the city --

Your speaking of "product" -- no real Knicks fan thinks of their team as a "product"

that just shows your heart is in the wrong place

The Knicks aren't a product -- they are much , much more than that

and me being from Jersey is no agruement - I am closer to the Garden than you are fool

Your rebuttal speaks for itself. Stay away from a career where you have form debates and arguments.

What do you define as a product Mr. Intellect?

Every kid in HS has a Marbury Jersey? Every kid has followed him?

Again, stay away from debating. Your making a fool out of yourself

Starks

Starter
Hey richtree how old are you?

what do you do for a living or study in school?

(This is going to be fun)

Enlighten us New Yorkers why your saying that most of us care about Marbury.

I also want to hear more about your theory on why we are required to root for Marbury on the Celtics. Don't bother posting if your argument is childish.

I'm here to 5pm.

KBlack25

Starter
Hey richtree how old are you?

what do you do for a living or study in school?

(This is going to be fun)

Enlighten us New Yorkers why your saying that most of us care about Marbury.

I also want to hear more about your theory on why we are required to root for Marbury on the Celtics. Don't bother posting if your argument is childish.

I'm here to 5pm.

Starks! Don't you get it?!?!?! If you aren't going to root for Stephon on the Celtics you are not and never have been a true Knicks fan. You should have to root for every single Knick to ever live, otherwise you aren't a true Knicks fan. At least, that's what richtree claims.

Don't ask him to explain it! HE ROOTS FOR MARBURY! Obviously there's something defective going on up there.

Please rich, enlighten us, how does not rooting for a former Knick make us not true Knicks fans ever? Maybe I fail to understand how rooting for the Celtics would make me a more true Knicks fan.

BTW Rich, we New Yorkers don't appreciate New Jersey people talking like they are from NY. You are from New Jersey, the Garbage State. Stay there, and stop pretending to be from NY. Let us NYers speak for ourselves.

richtree

Rotation player
He is def not the worst Knick in franchise history....

Anyone who was that opinion ...especially after reading the above article doesn't know anything about basektball...

If he was still on this roster he would be the best player on the team

2ndly.... The Knicks have a greater rival in the Bulls and Heat especially in recent memory

People like to create a NY vs. Boston connection when the Celtics real rival is the Lakers and always will be..

The Knicks v. Boston hasn't exsisted in decades.

And more than likely the Knicks won't make the playoffs....

If they do great, I ll root them home..

If not , this year, I will root for Celts to win for Steph...

When Jordan was a wizard you don't think bulls fans were pulling for him ?????

TunerAddict

Starter
He is def not the worst Knick in franchise history....

Anyone who was that opinion ...especially after reading the above article doesn't know anything about basektball...

If he was still on this roster he would be the best player on the team

2ndly.... The Knicks have a greater rival in the Bulls and Heat especially in recent memory

People like to create a NY vs. Boston connection when the Celtics real rival is the Lakers and always will be..

The Knicks v. Boston hasn't exsisted in decades.

And more than likely the Knicks won't make the playoffs....

If they do great, I ll root them home..

If not , this year, I will root for Celts to win for Steph...

When Jordan was a wizard you don't think bulls fans were pulling for him ?????

You're comparing Jordan to Stephon?

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I see we have a jokester in the house.

richtree

Rotation player
You're comparing Jordan to Stephon?

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I see we have a jokester in the house.

I am using that to prove a point....

Bulls fans still cheered for Jordan as a Wizard

Packer fans still cheer for Favre as a Jet

Heck, Hoosier fans still cheered on Bobby Knight as a Texas Tech coach

Let's face it the Knicks were bad over the last 8 years or so ....

Marbury was 1 of the few good things around here