Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 108

Thread: The Incredible Mismanagement Of Stephon Marbury

  1. #16
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Yes they can respond to this.

    Look, I hear you that Steph was mismanaged, and if it was just the mismanagement that bothered me about Steph, you'd have a point. But the fact of the matter is, this guy refused to play for the team, for this city. Reports are coming out now that Steph, by his own sources (read: not Donnie Walsh or Mike D'Antoni), asked for permission to speak with Boston BEFORE TRAINING CAMP when he was due, as Starbury lovers will say, a "clean slate" (though, it should be noted Mike D'Antoni NEVER said that).

    Not to mention, when this team was short-handed, Steph refused to play, or at least said he "wouldn't feel comfortable" playing. Now, talk all you want about how Marbury was entitled to this after being "wronged" by Mike D'Antoni. Up until that second where he refused to play I probably would agree with you. As a life-long Knicks fan, I was insulted that he refused to put on this jersey. I understand he didn't want to play for Mike, but for a guy that's so about the fans, I felt wronged and duped by Stephon's refusal. I think it's a very selfish way for a ballplayer to look at it.

    I bought Steph's jersey. I bought Steph's paraphanlia. I cheered Steph's arrival, and cheered Steph before he got here. I spent my hard earned money to go sit in Madison Square Garden and watch Stephon Marbury play. And what'd he give back in return, for all the money we as fans put into this team, and all the time we spent on boards just like this one to discuss being Knicks fans, what'd Steph do in return?

    He refused to play. He argued with almost all of his coaches. He sat out and held this team hostage until they paid him almost all of the $20 million he "earned". There are people starving in this world, there are people who don't have a lot of money and a lot of those people STILL go out and by Stephon Marbury goods, putting money in his already fat pockets. And all the "respect" he had for us New Yorkers was refusal to play. That, I can not accept.
    Stephon Marbury could'nt have played in the games he "refused" to play in. His locker was empty. D'antoni asked him to play. This coming after D'antoni himself refused to play Marbury in the opening of the season. He didn't refuse to play. If your boss fired you and months later one of his current workers called in sick, then he calls you and asks you to come back and work for him for a single day-what would your answer be? And please stop about the starbury gear. If it wasn't for his brand some kids would be walking around in almost nothing. Putting money in his pockets? Yes, $14.98 at a time. Michael Jordan and Lebron James are getting money put in their already fat pockets $150+ at a time. Rip Stephon for whatever you think is true, but not his gear.

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bro, leave the forum forever...stop spamming it with the same thing.
    You've stated these things before and they've been easily shut down...its just time for you to move on, unless you want to come back with something new.

    My post, MSG, and many others + this article ****s on your repetitive material thats really weak.

    We came at every angles with a heavy argument that can't be put down simply because of the cold hard facts...not even no bias here.

    No one cares if you bought a Steph jersey...your post are a broken record no one wants to listen to.

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Yes they can respond to this.

    Look, I hear you that Steph was mismanaged, and if it was just the mismanagement that bothered me about Steph, you'd have a point. But the fact of the matter is, this guy refused to play for the team, for this city. Reports are coming out now that Steph, by his own sources (read: not Donnie Walsh or Mike D'Antoni), asked for permission to speak with Boston BEFORE TRAINING CAMP when he was due, as Starbury lovers will say, a "clean slate" (though, it should be noted Mike D'Antoni NEVER said that).

    Not to mention, when this team was short-handed, Steph refused to play, or at least said he "wouldn't feel comfortable" playing. Now, talk all you want about how Marbury was entitled to this after being "wronged" by Mike D'Antoni. Up until that second where he refused to play I probably would agree with you. As a life-long Knicks fan, I was insulted that he refused to put on this jersey. I understand he didn't want to play for Mike, but for a guy that's so about the fans, I felt wronged and duped by Stephon's refusal. I think it's a very selfish way for a ballplayer to look at it.

    I bought Steph's jersey. I bought Steph's paraphanlia. I cheered Steph's arrival, and cheered Steph before he got here. I spent my hard earned money to go sit in Madison Square Garden and watch Stephon Marbury play. And what'd he give back in return, for all the money we as fans put into this team, and all the time we spent on boards just like this one to discuss being Knicks fans, what'd Steph do in return?

    He refused to play. He argued with almost all of his coaches. He sat out and held this team hostage until they paid him almost all of the $20 million he "earned". There are people starving in this world, there are people who don't have a lot of money and a lot of those people STILL go out and by Stephon Marbury goods, putting money in his already fat pockets. And all the "respect" he had for us New Yorkers was refusal to play. That, I can not accept.

  3. #18
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    GetReal...you need to stop crying.
    You seem to get more thrill out of posting a rant or complain in a thread you supposedly don't "like" or feel like you shouldn't post in, but yet you still take the time to leave your dirty 2 cents and tell everyone to stfu and lock the thread.

    Thats lame, boss.
    Do you see me replying to threads I have very little interest in?

    NO.

    If you don't care about it so much, then just MOVE on(yourself, don't contradict your words like that)...no one is forcing you to reply or click to read the thread...you know what its going to be about, why take all the effort to get into it when you say you don't want to be apart of it? You obviously see a lot of fun in the whole Marbury stuff.

    BTW, this is an article on Knicks history in the past 5 years...not the NBA or the Celtics, so try again. Theres no reason to move this thread.

    Appreciate a damn good article.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Yawn.. For every pro Marbury article there is a negitive Marbury article so who cares. Everybody needs to move on. Hes a Boston Celtic now. I repeat a BOSTON CELTIC (one of our greatest rivals). No matter how many articles are written either way the pro Marbury fans will never change thier stance and the anti Marbury fans will never change their minds. Who gives a **** at this point.

    He don't play on the team put it in the NBA section.

  4. #19
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Stephon Marbury could'nt have played in the games he "refused" to play in. His locker was empty. D'antoni asked him to play. This coming after D'antoni himself refused to play Marbury in the opening of the season. He didn't refuse to play. If your boss fired you and months later one of his current workers called in sick, then he calls you and asks you to come back and work for him for a single day-what would your answer be? And please stop about the starbury gear. If it wasn't for his brand some kids would be walking around in almost nothing. Putting money in his pockets? Yes, $14.98 at a time. Michael Jordan and Lebron James are getting money put in their already fat pockets $150+ at a time. Rip Stephon for whatever you think is true, but not his gear.

    Bottom line, Steph was asked to play, asked to do what he was under contract to do, asked to do what everyone in the NBA thought he wanted to do (play basketball) and he didn't. Your analogy is not analogous at all. A better analogy would be: You work for a place, you've had arguments very publicly with your last 2 bosses. A new boss comes in who you already don't really get along with from where you used to work. He tells you that there are 15 people on the payroll, but only room for 12 to work. They will pay you to stay home and not do anything. Some of those 12 leave, they ask you to help out. They ask you to help out because you have been very public about being upset that you aren't getting a chance to work. Then you refuse to work. Who is wrong in THAT scenario? A little bit of blame to both parties. It's on D'Antoni for mismanaging, but it's also on Steph for not playing. I don't care who you are, how much money you make. There are other guys on the roster that are listed as reserves. That's what happens in basketball, some guys are the reserves. Just because his name is Stephon Marbury doesn't make him any more than just a player. Do you think some scrub, #15 on a roster somewhere else in the NBA, would refuse to play if given the chance? Hell no. But that's what Steph did. He was last on the roster by coach's determination, it had to be somebody and it happened to be Steph. Steph could not handle taking this reduced role. Steph only got attention for being #15 because of his name and salary. Random players on other teams don't make the news for being #15 on a roster. To me, I look at him not as Stephon, not as a former all-star. I look at him as another player who was on the roster. And just like ANY OTHER PLAYER, Steph was susceptible to being put at the end of the list. He was put there, and that's that. Where I come from, the player doesn't get to say when he plays. A coach makes that determination, that's why you hire a coach in the first place. Steph is JUST a player, and if held at an equal standard to everyone else around him, he should be just as likely to be the last guy off the bench as another. We aren't talking about a Kobe or a LeBron here.

    I'm not saying D'Antoni is totally innocent, but I am saying that Steph is at least somewhat at fault. MY point with the merchandise was not necessarily about putting money into Steph's pockets. I know he put out a cheap shoe, it was a great thing for him to do. But the fact is I spent my time and money cheering and supporting this guy, and then he has the nerve to (a) leave the team high and dry last year and (b) leave the team high and dry this year. THAT I can't accept. If you can look past it, good for you.


    And metro, blast my arguments all you want, but nobody has shot down anything I've said. Why? Because it's a ****ING OPINION. By definition opinions can not be wrong. Read a ****ing book.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Mar 03, 2009 at 09:08.

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    They're wrong as sin.

  6. #21
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Thread renamed: The incredible incompetence of the Knicks Front Office.Steph for 20mil is too much. F*uck his personality and on/off court sh*t. Business wise - another poor decision. Top 3 in salary...SMH.!

  7. #22
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Metro -- good post....

    Many people that think they know about Steph are just
    regurgitating what the media outputs...

    Many people don't want to take the time to listen and admit maybe he isn't such a bad guy because then they don't have anyone to blame....

    Funny how Duhon, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, Jefferies, J. James, Franics, are all players that no NBA team wants or would ever consider a "Winner"

    Look how quickly Mikey D moved his boy Q to the bench when an out of shape Hughes came over...

    Marbury is a tremdous talent, that was seeing is character, the franchise he loved, and management all go done the toliet and he took it in stride...

    He willingly took the blame for Fred Weis, Larry Brown, Jim Dolan, Isiah, and in return all he wanted was to win...

    Then Mikey D pulled the rug out because he couldn't rebuild with a personality on the team bigger than his own..

    Its like the Hawks trading Wilkins when they were in first place for Danny Manning and saying "Wilkins is the face of the organization" ha!

    Marbury carries the weight on Coney Island on his shoulders and I don't think many people understand how different life is here in the NYC area

    If Steph re-signs with the Celtics there will be Green #8 jersey's all over NYC probably more than any of the Knicks

    Funny how AI has been 2 x's as bad off the court paid more money of his career than Marbury basically hated every where he goes, chucking shots for another team next year (still not passing or winning) but since he's not from NYC nobody cares...

    Marbury is the scapegoat for NYC and was willing to carry the load for those years just to get a shot at winning in MSG...

    Now he is in Boston -- and I'm going to root for him to win a title as long as the Celtics aren't playing the Knicks

    If you can't root for Marbury to win a title -- you were never a Knicks fan, never a true NYC baller, and your justifing James Dolan mis-management for all those years...

    Remember when Ewing was a Sonic and you cheered him on

    Since Allan Houton to Donnie Walsh the only good thing we had in the middle was Steph Marbury

    1

  8. #23
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    Metro -- good post....

    Many people that think they know about Steph are just
    regurgitating what the media outputs...

    Many people don't want to take the time to listen and admit maybe he isn't such a bad guy because then they don't have anyone to blame....

    Funny how Duhon, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, Jefferies, J. James, Franics, are all players that no NBA team wants or would ever consider a "Winner"

    Look how quickly Mikey D moved his boy Q to the bench when an out of shape Hughes came over...

    Marbury is a tremdous talent, that was seeing is character, the franchise he loved, and management all go done the toliet and he took it in stride...

    He willingly took the blame for Fred Weis, Larry Brown, Jim Dolan, Isiah, and in return all he wanted was to win...

    Then Mikey D pulled the rug out because he couldn't rebuild with a personality on the team bigger than his own..

    Its like the Hawks trading Wilkins when they were in first place for Danny Manning and saying "Wilkins is the face of the organization" ha!

    Marbury carries the weight on Coney Island on his shoulders and I don't think many people understand how different life is here in the NYC area

    If Steph re-signs with the Celtics there will be Green #8 jersey's all over NYC probably more than any of the Knicks

    Funny how AI has been 2 x's as bad off the court paid more money of his career than Marbury basically hated every where he goes, chucking shots for another team next year (still not passing or winning) but since he's not from NYC nobody cares...

    Marbury is the scapegoat for NYC and was willing to carry the load for those years just to get a shot at winning in MSG...

    Now he is in Boston -- and I'm going to root for him to win a title as long as the Celtics aren't playing the Knicks

    If you can't root for Marbury to win a title -- you were never a Knicks fan, never a true NYC baller, and your justifing James Dolan mis-management for all those years...

    Remember when Ewing was a Sonic and you cheered him on

    Since Allan Houton to Donnie Walsh the only good thing we had in the middle was Steph Marbury

    1
    You would do well never ever ever to compare Ewing to Marbury. Regardless of whether you love Marbury or not, he is NOT Patrick Ewing, Marbury will NOT have his number retired and likely will NOT be asked to the Garden.

    I'm not rooting for Marbury to win a championship, but not because I'm not a "true Knicks fan". In fact, I'm more of a Knicks fan because I root only for the blue and orange. If you aren't wearing a Knicks jersey, I'm not rooting for you. If that makes me not a "true" Knicks fan, then so be it.

  9. #24
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Sometimes people forget how down Knicks fan were on Ewing

    I am in NO WAY comparing the 2 , lets make that clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If the Knicks are out of the Playoffs -- why not root for Steph --

    Who knows maybe Rondo gets hurts and Steph has bigger role ?

    you can't say that you won't root for one team or another -- every time you watch any game -- you root for someone

  10. #25
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    Metro -- good post....

    Many people that think they know about Steph are just
    regurgitating what the media outputs...

    Many people don't want to take the time to listen and admit maybe he isn't such a bad guy because then they don't have anyone to blame....

    Funny how Duhon, Crawford, Curry, Q-Rich, Jefferies, J. James, Franics, are all players that no NBA team wants or would ever consider a "Winner"

    Look how quickly Mikey D moved his boy Q to the bench when an out of shape Hughes came over...

    Marbury is a tremdous talent, that was seeing is character, the franchise he loved, and management all go done the toliet and he took it in stride...

    He willingly took the blame for Fred Weis, Larry Brown, Jim Dolan, Isiah, and in return all he wanted was to win...

    Then Mikey D pulled the rug out because he couldn't rebuild with a personality on the team bigger than his own..

    Its like the Hawks trading Wilkins when they were in first place for Danny Manning and saying "Wilkins is the face of the organization" ha!

    Marbury carries the weight on Coney Island on his shoulders and I don't think many people understand how different life is here in the NYC area

    If Steph re-signs with the Celtics there will be Green #8 jersey's all over NYC probably more than any of the Knicks

    Funny how AI has been 2 x's as bad off the court paid more money of his career than Marbury basically hated every where he goes, chucking shots for another team next year (still not passing or winning) but since he's not from NYC nobody cares...

    Marbury is the scapegoat for NYC and was willing to carry the load for those years just to get a shot at winning in MSG...

    Now he is in Boston -- and I'm going to root for him to win a title as long as the Celtics aren't playing the Knicks

    If you can't root for Marbury to win a title -- you were never a Knicks fan, never a true NYC baller, and your justifing James Dolan mis-management for all those years...

    Remember when Ewing was a Sonic and you cheered him on

    Since Allan Houton to Donnie Walsh the only good thing we had in the middle was Steph Marbury

    1

    I'm from the Bronx and ball every week when its nice. I'm one of the biggest Knick fan there is and I am will never justify a damn thing Dolan did.

    But your saying that because I'm not going to root for Stephon to win a ring with Boston, everything I just stated gets take away??

    Bro- Don't get into journalism or law. That argument sounds like it came from a retarted child.

    NYC doesn't give a fuk about marbury. Maybe coney island, but don't speak for my city. NYC cares about their own damn selves and watching a good product in our sports teams.

  11. #26
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    And another thing. Your from "Dirt Jersey" Do yourself a favor and get the hell out of here.

    Ur Speaking for the city???

    what a sad joke

  12. #27
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I was speaking about the city and the metro area.....

    Starks you really don't think the city cares about Marbury you are wrong...

    Every kid in New York, and yes even some Jersey, wanted to be Marbury and followed him from his High School days....

    They rooted for him as a T'wolf, Sun, Net, Knick and will as a Celtic...

    because he was hope for all kids out there ballin' in the city --

    Your speaking of "product" -- no real Knicks fan thinks of their team as a "product"

    that just shows your heart is in the wrong place

    The Knicks aren't a product -- they are much , much more than that

    and me being from Jersey is no agruement - I am closer to the Garden than you are fool

  13. #28
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    Sometimes people forget how down Knicks fan were on Ewing

    I am in NO WAY comparing the 2 , lets make that clear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If the Knicks are out of the Playoffs -- why not root for Steph --

    Who knows maybe Rondo gets hurts and Steph has bigger role ?

    you can't say that you won't root for one team or another -- every time you watch any game -- you root for someone
    The point I was making is that I'm not going to root for the Clippers just because Marcus Camby is a Clipper. I'm not going to root for the Thunder just because Malik Rose is on the Thunder. I didn't root for the T'Wolves just because Sprewell was on the T'Wolves. I am not going to root for the Pistons just because Antonio McDyess is a Piston. I am not going to root for the Blazers just because Channing Frye is a Blazer. I am not going to root for the Lakers just because Trevor Ariza is a Laker. I am not going to root for the Bulls just because Tim Thomas is a Bull.

    I root for the Knicks. I root against Boston because I hate the Celtics, I don't care if they have Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and every great former Knick ever. The jersey reads "Celtics", I don't root for them.

  14. #29
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    The point I was making is that I'm not going to root for the Clippers just because Marcus Camby is a Clipper. I'm not going to root for the Thunder just because Malik Rose is on the Thunder. I didn't root for the T'Wolves just because Sprewell was on the T'Wolves. I am not going to root for the Pistons just because Antonio McDyess is a Piston. I am not going to root for the Blazers just because Channing Frye is a Blazer. I am not going to root for the Lakers just because Trevor Ariza is a Laker. I am not going to root for the Bulls just because Tim Thomas is a Bull.

    I root for the Knicks. I root against Boston because I hate the Celtics, I don't care if they have Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and every great former Knick ever. The jersey reads "Celtics", I don't root for them.
    Amen! The gospel according to KBlack!

  15. #30
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I will always root for Stephon "Starchild" "Starbury" Marbury. Good luck to Starbury in Boston. He could have really helped the Knicks make the playoffs this season, but D'Antoni and Walsh were too blind to see that.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2009, 18:50
  2. Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 12:22
  3. Marbury Is The Real Clown
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2008, 07:11
  4. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •