Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melo a Knick?

Banned

Oh god no!! Marbury part 2. No way Walsh brings in someone like that, someone who just cant get his head right and stay out of trouble. It just wont happen.

Originally Posted by Red
    Hummmm let's see....Isola's idea is to acquire another wing man and play him out of position at PF none the less. Franky baby either you are "drain bamaged" or were on a vacation for the past 9 years. This is a desperate guess from someone who obviuosly has little to no knowledge of what's needed and the direction we're headed. As a SG/Sf is 1 thing...I am with that for the right price, but please with the Melo playing PF! I don't wanna see Melo, Gallo, Chandler or Harrington or any converted SF play as a big period. Get a real CENTER OR STFU!
    you're right about that.they should play they're particular positions.i'd prefer bron running the point cause he can.i'd prefer a bigger team, so they don't get bitched around by a tougher team.he needs to change that.

melo a knick?? i for damn sure wont be mad at that

Love the Boys From CUSE! I would love to have Carmelo in NYC!

I defintely wouldn't be against it. He played great in the olympics, and he would thrive here. But it's not gonna happen. They're finally good in Denver, they're at least getting past the 1st round. But we'll see what happens.

'Melo is a beast and unstoppable when he is going for the hoop. He has mature for every year and his shot selections are much better. He is the best SF in the western conf by far. It's not even close, Only LBJ can say he is better but then again. 'Melo kills him evertime they play. I would love to see Melo as a Knick. He is one of the best scorers in the NBA hands down.

Superstar

Default Carmelo

Particularly with Curry still under contract and, in my view, not likely to be moved before 2010, we are not going to get more than one out of the 2010 free agent superstars.

There is only one real superstar that plainly will make a difference and that is LeBron. If we get LeBron, we will not be able to get Carmelo. His 2010 contract salary is $16.5M and his 2011 contract salary is $17.7M.

if we do not get LeBron, Carmelo is not going to fill our needs. Even if we were to have a quality big man, which Melo is not, we wouldl need a point guard at least a step or two above Duhon. If we do not get LeBron, I would rather Bosh or Amare. I think Wade, who is closest to LeBron in star stature, is staying in Miami. And, unfortunately, I do not think we are getting LeBron.

Oldtimer is on the ball on this one!

I'd much rather go after Bosh then Melo. I respect Melo's game and what he could bring to new york but i think we could do much better moves then this.

Bosh is a good player, his team sucks because of a) coaching/front office idiocy and b) lack of depth. Put him in a place like NY and you'll see him shine. Get him and lebron in NYK jersy's and watch out for tha dynasty!

Veteran

Does Melo play Defense?

I like Melo on the next team....not on the Knicks.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Red
    I am sooooooo tired of guys playing out of position. STOP TRYING TO REINVENT THE WHEEL YOU STUPID MF'S. Forwards running the point, Guards/Forwards manning the paint, Centers/PF shooting 3's!!!! Enough already!!!! If a player cannot excel at his "NATURAL" position then stop playing him!! No more point forwards (what do we have a pg for?), motherf*ckin power guards and point centers!!!! D'Antoni, this is why you can't decide a line-up, because you can't make up your mind as to what position does a player play. If a guy cannot get it done at both ends of the court, stop the innovative sh*t and find someone else. This goes back like 10 years now w/ D'Antoni and others...it's ridiculous. Either play your natural position or get the f*ck out.
    LOL. That a pretty damn good point. They have their natural positions for a reason.

Superstar

I'm torn by this Melo situation. He would have to be a last resort. But I'd be really scared. That it would be a Marbury part two. I don't think he's that good as lebron and wade. I don't think he's that dedicated.

If Melo was to come here D'antoni better hire Oakley and Mason as assistant coaches to beat him in the head when he acts up.

Even if Melo does come in he won't suffice we need TWO big men. One that is a start and one that just blocks shots, with great help defense, and rebounds alot.

Melo is an enigma. He definitely a last resort.

Default Lots of dumb people here...

1) Melo is not remotely Marbury. Ever hear of a player that DIDN'T like playing with him? Thought not. Guy is not a bad guy or a trouble maker. His worst offense as a player was not coming out when directed to. Bad move but hardly the end of the world.

2) Not a great player or leader? Let's see...he carried SU to a title as a freshman with a good but not great cast. Best college freshman ever. Led the sorry ass Nugs to a playoff as a rookie. Huge win/loss turnaround.

3) Star on the olympic team....coaches loved him.

4) Plays defense better than Lee by a wide margin and has a +8 per over his opponents at SF. If you don't know, thats a lot. His "clutch" stats are off the charts.

5) A guy that gets to the line..and makes them

Let's summarize, shall we? A 24 yo all star, Olympic Gold medal winner, 2nd best at his position in the league, top 10-12 overall, proven winner, popular with his teammates, and possibly available and we pass? Did I mention he gave 3 million to build a basketball center at the school in which he played one year? yeah, he has some warts but he is still young. So if we pass and end up with say....no LJ or wade...who would you rather have? A nice soft Boshmellow, a 30 yo JJ, Amare with microfracture history, or who?

Superstar

Melo is having his worst year statistically. I'm really not sold on him being a franchise player. Plus dude turns the ball over all the time, and doesn't play D...and matter fact doesn't score enough to warrant that. If it wasn't for Chauncey that team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).

Superstar

if there is anyone on Denver i want it's Birdman Chris Anderson. David Lee isn't a beast... This dude is.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    if there is anyone on Denver i want it's Birdman Chris Anderson. David Lee isn't a beast... This dude is.
    Yeah, we should have signed the Birdman when we had the chance. He's all out hustle and plays fearlessly. The Birdman is 2nd in the league in blocked shots and only plays 19 min a game. That's impressive.