Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melo a Knick?

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Melo is having his worst year statistically. I'm really not sold on him being a franchise player. Plus dude turns the ball over all the time, and doesn't play D...and matter fact doesn't score enough to warrant that. If it wasn't for Chauncey that team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).
    Anthony would get us into the playoffs and help us win over half of our regular season games- but he lacks the ability to step his game up- for the playoffs- something all the best players do. Melo= fool's gold.
    <table class="statsHeader" width="742" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid" width="738">

Career Playoff Averages
    </td> <td width="2"></td> </tr></tbody></table> <table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"> <td class="year">Year</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">03-04</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>35.8</td> <td>0.328</td> <td>0.182</td> <td>0.800</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>6.5</td> <td>8.3</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>4.25</td> <td>2.80</td> <td>15.0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">04-05</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>36.0</td> <td>0.422</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.813</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>2.6</td> <td>5.4</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>2.60</td> <td>4.00</td> <td>19.2</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">05-06</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>38.6</td> <td>0.333</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.750</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>4.2</td> <td>6.6</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>4.00</td> <td>21.0</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">06-07</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>5</td> <td>5</td> <td>42.0</td> <td>0.480</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>0.795</td> <td>3.6</td> <td>5.0</td> <td>8.6</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>1.0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>3.80</td> <td>2.40</td> <td>26.8</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">07-08</td> <td class="tm">DEN</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>36.5</td> <td>0.364</td> <td>0.250</td> <td>0.828</td> <td>4.8</td> <td>4.8</td> <td>9.5</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>4.30</td> <td>22.5</td> </tr> <!-- Check if career stats are null first --> <tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2">--</td> <td>23</td> <td>23</td> <td>37.9</td> <td>0.389</td> <td>0.310</td> <td>0.791</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>7.6</td> <td>2.1</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.1</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>3.50</td> <td>21.1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I think Chauncey is the best point guard in the NBA...absolutely no negatives to his game except a lower FG%. Look at how bad Detroit is now (tho that is cuz they have too many scorers).
    Well since AI is out and Rip Hamilton is back in their line up, they started beating top teams. While I was waiting for a stream in of a Knicks game I read a conversation between two Detroit fans. One of them said that the Pistons should treat Iverson like what the Knicks did with Stephon (obviously before letting him go). At least those two blamed the Pistons' slump on having Iverson on the team and not having Chauncey.

However, I ave to agree with you: he is a top notch point guard and it is amazing tat it took him so long to settle in in the NBA .

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yeah, we should have signed the Birdman when we had the chance. He's all out hustle and plays fearlessly. The Birdman is 2nd in the league in blocked shots and only plays 19 min a game. That's impressive.
    C'mon we just got rid of Marbury and now you want to bring in the most severe nut-case in the NBA I can still remember the slam dunk contest Anderson was in:

Superstar

Birdman is nice.

Did you see what he did to Rudy Fernandez last night. He threw the ball in his Face from a vicious block, then did some Ivan Drago **** from Rocky. Dude has mad swag on defense. He's is EXTREMELY athletic, and cares more about knocking you out the box, then putting up gaudy offensive numbers. We can get this guy for like 2 or 3 mil.

To be honest he's Marcus Camby junior. That is how good i think he is.
    Last edited by clumsy; Mar 06, 2009 at 10:00.

Originally Posted by pat

C'mon we just got rid of Marbury and now you want to bring in the most severe nut-case in the NBA I can still remember the slam dunk contest Anderson was in:

Birdman>>Mebury

Originally Posted by alphad0gz
    1) Melo is not remotely Marbury. Ever hear of a player that DIDN'T like playing with him? Thought not. Guy is not a bad guy or a trouble maker. His worst offense as a player was not coming out when directed to. Bad move but hardly the end of the world.

2) Not a great player or leader? Let's see...he carried SU to a title as a freshman with a good but not great cast. Best college freshman ever. Led the sorry ass Nugs to a playoff as a rookie. Huge win/loss turnaround.

3) Star on the olympic team....coaches loved him.

4) Plays defense better than Lee by a wide margin and has a +8 per over his opponents at SF. If you don't know, thats a lot. His "clutch" stats are off the charts.

5) A guy that gets to the line..and makes them

Let's summarize, shall we? A 24 yo all star, Olympic Gold medal winner, 2nd best at his position in the league, top 10-12 overall, proven winner, popular with his teammates, and possibly available and we pass? Did I mention he gave 3 million to build a basketball center at the school in which he played one year? yeah, he has some warts but he is still young. So if we pass and end up with say....no LJ or wade...who would you rather have? A nice soft Boshmellow, a 30 yo JJ, Amare with microfracture history, or who?

Great Post! I agree 100%!

Welcome to KO.com

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Birdman>>Mebury
    Maybe, maybe not, but definitely just as mentally disturbed.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i wouldnt mind Melo as a knick, maybe we could trade for him this summer.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Labron James is not coming to NY. Forgetaboutit. Why would he? He's on the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league and has the best chance of winning a title right where he is. Why start over in NY? All we have is Chandler and Gallo. Robinson will be gone, Lee might be gone by then too. Don't get me wrong, the Knicks should definitely make a run and Labron but don't bank on it actually happening.

The Realist Plan for the Knicks
    Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson.

Both players will become free agents and both will likely be looking for a new home and cash and we all know NY's got plenty of cash. The Knicks should also consider making a run at Alan Iverson for a short term contract. Resign Al Harrington and you've got a serous championship competitor. We all love king James and D. Wade but you've got to consider that these guys are apart of great teams or teams that are seemingly on the right track and starting over might not be a good option for them.

Iverson
    Johnson
    Harrington/Chandler
    Bosh/Gallo
    Lee (Keep your fingers crossed.)

Joe Johnson is great but he is too old 2010. Knicks need to go after younger players so we can keep them for a number of years. Like San Antonio, keep the team intact and don't do too many changes that can mess up the on court chemistry.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Every Bodyyyyyyyyyy

Do What I Diddddddddddddd

Go To Nba.com

Anddddddddddddd

Click On Players

Then Click On Al Harrington

And Then

Click On Compare Players

And Then Click On Carmelo Anthony

Observeeee.

And Then Tell Me If You Want To Pay Max Salary For The Same Player.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper

Go To Nba.com

Anddddddddddddd

Click On Players

And Then

Click On Compare Players

Observeeee.

I'm on that precise same boat. Don't get caught up in unnecessary hype. This guy isn't worth the $'s he's on.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper

Go To Nba.com

Anddddddddddddd

Click On Players

And Then

Click On Compare Players

Observeeee.

Yes, they're the exact same player. As long as you only look at stats and completely ignore the actual games.

And what does the number say when you compare career stats? Harrington has his number in a weak conf. 'Melo plays in a division with 3 teams above .620 and West are much tougher than East. Let them change teams and then compare the stats. Would they be close then?
    Last edited by LeFlume; Mar 07, 2009 at 12:20.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Labron James is not coming to NY. Forgetaboutit. Why would he? He's on the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league and has the best chance of winning a title right where he is. Why start over in NY?
    Because i think he cares almost as much about being the first billionaire athlete then he does about winning that championship, which he knows it's only a matter of time before he does...he comes to NY he'll prob. immediately have the same chance of winning that championship...after all, cavs have that chance because of him...he likely won't have the opportunity again to play in such an environment/venue as NY, where he'll become even more of sa superstar not just because it's NY, but because it's the Knicks and he'll have the chance to show his greatness again by turning this franchise around...in addition to the likeliness that he'll have another semi or all star next to him (better then Mo), that will make it much easier to win that championship....LeBron is going to win a championship, it's only a matter of time, I don't think he's too worried about that..coming to NY will just make it that much more bigger when he does...after all, look at their loss against Boston last night (with out Garnett), there by no means the best team in the league.. I think there's a good chance he comes to the Big Apple

Originally Posted by donchris
    Labron James is not coming to NY. Forgetaboutit. Why would he? He's on the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league and has the best chance of winning a title right where he is. Why start over in NY? All we have is Chandler and Gallo. Robinson will be gone, Lee might be gone by then too. Don't get me wrong, the Knicks should definitely make a run and Labron but don't bank on it actually happening.

The Realist Plan for the Knicks
    Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson.

Both players will become free agents and both will likely be looking for a new home and cash and we all know NY's got plenty of cash. The Knicks should also consider making a run at Alan Iverson for a short term contract. Resign Al Harrington and you've got a serous championship competitor. We all love king James and D. Wade but you've got to consider that these guys are apart of great teams or teams that are seemingly on the right track and starting over might not be a good option for them.

Iverson
    Johnson
    Harrington/Chandler
    Bosh/Gallo
    Lee (Keep your fingers crossed.)
    I'm not too sure about AI at the point... Do you think D'Antoni could rlly turn him into a distributor??