Charlotte Bobcats Vs. New York Knicks Game Thread 3-7-09

JayJ44

Starter
This game proves why Larry Brown is such a great coach.

He will be the difference between his Bobcats making the playoffs and the other teams missing the playoffs.

No it doesn't. It proves that the Bobcats are much more talented than us.

JayJ44

Starter
Most of our wins are either because a) the other team played like crap b) we shot incredibly well or c) we played harder than the other team

johnstarky

Rotation player
Most of our wins are either because a) the other team played like crap b) we shot incredibly well or c) we played harder than the other team

You act like this current Knick squad has zero ability at all and would be bench warmers on other teams.

So you're saying that if the Memphis Grizzlies or the Sacramento Kings would play up to their level of capability against the Knicks they would have easy blow outs at the Garden? Even if the Knicks would be playing to their level of capability as well?

JayJ44

Starter
Actually. that's what you implied when you said the rest of the NBA is more talented than us.

I said most of our wins. Meaning, excluding teams like the Kings and Grizzlies (although they do have Mayo and Gasol).

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
Im sick and tired of the lack of defense. I could probably play better defense. When i played basketball last year i got like 3 steals per game. And why the **** did Q rich play that long!!?? Id rather see Eddy Curry out there than to see Q "air ball" brick out there.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Actually. that's what you implied when you said the rest of the NBA is more talented than us.

I said most of our wins. Meaning, excluding teams like the Kings and Grizzlies (although they do have Mayo and Gasol).

So the Knicks are basically a 6 win team talent wise.Well too bad that their record is a lot better than their overall talent.Those lucky wins that they had all season long can come back to haunt them in the NBA draft.

TunerAddict

Starter
shit game. Nate was shit, played much better without him the other night because we actually moved the ball instead of just him driving everytime or shooting 3s when there are 1-2 guys taller than him standing in his grill.

JayJ44

Starter
So the Knicks are basically a 6 win team talent wise.Well too bad that their record is a lot better than their overall talent.Those lucky wins that they had all season long can come back to haunt them in the NBA draft.

You're right, I underrated our players. All I'm saying, is that we're better than we should be.

I couldnt watch the game tonight. Looks like it was a good thing. Looking at the box score..ew. Lee's dbl dbl dtreaks over, 7 rbs. Somethings gotta change. Losing to the Bobcats?

Kryptonite

Rookie
I couldnt watch the game tonight. Looks like it was a good thing. Looking at the box score..ew. Lee's dbl dbl dtreaks over, 7 rbs. Somethings gotta change. Losing to the Bobcats?

That's exactly what i was thinking. You're gunna lose to the bobcats in the garden? Really? They played some of the worst defense I've ever seen. Just leaving guys wide open.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just when I was startin to say somethin nice about Dantoni....

You're right, I underrated our players. All I'm saying, is that we're better than we should be.

Jay....Dantoni sold us out....I know Duhon has been in a little slump....but Dantoni went with Duhon over everyone else since the Preseason....why change when teammates Nate, Chandler, Lee, Harrington, Gallo, Jefferies, and Q.Rich has finally gethered a team chemistry confidence in Duhon being their 4th Qtr. leader.

The game was going good untill the 3rd Qtr. Knick lineup gave the Bobcats the game.

Very depressing 3rd quarter....where did Dantoni think he was going with Hughes playing the entire 3rd quarter with Duhon, Lee, Harrington, and Q.Richardson.
No Chandler or Gallo in the 3rd qtr.

With no Duhon in the 4th Qtr.....the Knicks Chandler, Gallo, Lee, Harrington, and Nate shooting over 50% from the FG in the 4th qtr. for a win....I hate to say it but Larry Hughes 41 minutes of playingtime compared to Duhon 25 minutes of playingtime had alot to do with why the Knicks LOSS to the Bobcats last night.

Larry Hughes should not be gettin playingtime before Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, Gallo, or even Jefferies in the 4th Qtr.....in other words putting Larry Hughes before those players for 4th Qtr. playingtime minutes mean "TANKIN-TANKIN-TANKIN"....Larry Hughes may have a Star contract but his performance on this team is average as best.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Dissapointing loss. Harrington was the man in the first half and then he disappears in the second. Nobody to take over in that second half. That 3rd quarter was brutal. We were shooting in the 20's. what was mind-bggling was that in the first the knicks were doing good when they took it to the hole, yet in the second half they were not driving as much and just taking long-range shots. WTF!?!?! That's bad coaching right there.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
Jay....Dantoni sold us out....I know Duhon has been in a little slump....but Dantoni went with Duhon over everyone else since the Preseason....why change when teammates Nate, Chandler, Lee, Harrington, Gallo, Jefferies, and Q.Rich has finally gethered a team chemistry confidence in Duhon being their 4th Qtr. leader.

The game was going good untill the 3rd Qtr. Knick lineup gave the Bobcats the game.

Very depressing 3rd quarter....where did Dantoni think he was going with Hughes playing the entire 3rd quarter with Duhon, Lee, Harrington, and Q.Richardson.
No Chandler or Gallo in the 3rd qtr.

With no Duhon in the 4th Qtr.....the Knicks Chandler, Gallo, Lee, Harrington, and Nate shooting over 50% from the FG in the 4th qtr. for a win....I hate to say it but Larry Hughes 41 minutes of playingtime compared to Duhon 25 minutes of playingtime had alot to do with why the Knicks LOSS to the Bobcats last night.

Larry Hughes should not be gettin playingtime before Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, Gallo, or even Jefferies in the 4th Qtr.....in other words putting Larry Hughes before those players for 4th Qtr. playingtime minutes mean "TANKIN-TANKIN-TANKIN"....Larry Hughes may have a Star contract but his performance on this team is average as best.

agreed for the most part

i think chandler though takes a lot of horrible off-the-dribble shots throughout the game that also disrupts the game - at this point he's really only good for open shots and fast-break opportunities - his creativity is shit and for a guy who looks built he has 0 explosiveness in a halfcourt setup - his minutes along with HUGHES' should also be trimmed and given to gallo

i was like :eek: when dantoni subbed gallo after drawing a foul on wallace, this guy actually tries to go to the basket, does a pretty good job and gets taken out??? why!!??? NO WAY chandler or hughes are better in any aspect

im convinced now the lineup should be robinson, chandler, gallo, harrington, lee, let duhon, hughes come off the bench who cares at this point

its obvious the lineup we've had isnt good enough

and like ive said before dantoni is a great playbook coach(truly cuz knicks get open pretty well) but im sick of this random rotation changes

clyde frazier should coach the team in the future cuz OBVIOUSLY dantoni isnt learning from his rotation mistakes