Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ New Jersey Nets Game Thread 3-10-09

Down by 3 with 40 seconds left YOU DONT NEED TO THROW UP 3'S. D'antoni's coaching is really questionable in crunchtime.

what is hughes soft ass and chandler doing out there with 1 minute left? wheres harrington and nate? smh

same rotation BS being done EVERY game, watching knicks is like going to a ****ty job

LMAO @ dantoni subbing nate for gallinari? does he not see how hughes is destructing the team??? i dont get it

our season is over. Why isnt Al Harrington playing right now!?

Hughes sucks ass. He's terrible. He never passes the ball and he has a low b-ball IQ.

Q-Rich should be getting zero playing time. He can't shoot for ****, can't play defense anymore, and makes stupid decisions. Like trying to get a rebound and letting the ball go out of bounds.

There's really no chance of making the playoffs anymore. We should start Gallo and just play the young guys.

It is obvious that Walsh told D'antoni to tank the season right after dream week.The real purpose behind the acquisitions of Hughes and Wilcox was to get rid of salary cap space right away and not be stuck with the problem of having to get rid of both Jerome James and Eddy Curry this summer or during the middle of next season.

Q's new name has to be Quientin "air" Richardson

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    It is obvious that Walsh told D'antoni to tank the season right after dream week.The real purpose behind the acquisitions of Hughes and Wilcox was to get rid of salary cap space right away and not be stuck with the problem of having to get rid of both Jerome James and Eddy Curry this summer or during the middle of next season.
    YA THINK? just cuz we got hughes doesnt mean we have to play him...thats no excuse

11 pts in 35 minutes...im 100% positive gallo wouldve contributed a lot more with that amount of time

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Hughes sucks ass. He's terrible. He never passes the ball and he has a low b-ball IQ.

Q-Rich should be getting zero playing time. He can't shoot for ****, can't play defense anymore, and makes stupid decisions. Like trying to get a rebound and letting the ball go out of bounds.

There's really no chance of making the playoffs anymore. We should start Gallo and just play the young guys.
    ive been sayin this for a month and nobody's tryna hear it

funny thing is if gallo starts along with robinson @ pg we still might make the playoffs, but if danphoni plays the same starters we'll be struggling to win every time....i mean who cares if we blew out the grizzlies lmao

i just dont get it tho, considering these MUCH OLDER guys are pro staff coaches, how can they not see the problem with giving hughes, chandler, and duhon too much time? but really i only got a problem with hughes

he reminds me a lot of AI in terms of bball IQ, taking contested shots and gambling WAY too much in passing lanes, well at least AI wasnt sloppy with his dribble...this guy will make a 3 once in a blue moon and danphoni keeps him in for the whole game cuz of it....truly sickening ****

Originally Posted by the portable man
    YA THINK? just cuz we got hughes doesnt mean we have to play him...thats no excuse

11 pts in 35 minutes...im 100% positive gallo wouldve contributed a lot more with that amount of time

D'antoni wouldn't want Gallo to make the Knicks anymore competitive so he makes us believe that the reason behind him not playing a lot of minutes is his undevelopement as an NBA player.

Originally Posted by the portable man
    ive been sayin this for a month and nobody's tryna hear it

funny thing is if gallo starts along with robinson @ pg we still might make the playoffs, but if danphoni plays the same starters we'll be struggling to win every time....i mean who cares if we blew out the grizzlies lmao

i just dont get it tho, considering these MUCH OLDER guys are pro staff coaches, how can they not see the problem with giving hughes, chandler, and duhon too much time? but really i only got a problem with hughes

he reminds me a lot of AI in terms of bball IQ, taking contested shots and gambling WAY too much in passing lanes, well at least AI wasnt sloppy with his dribble...this guy will make a 3 once in a blue moon and danphoni keeps him in for the whole game cuz of it....truly sickening ****

Coach D'antoni likes to play his favorites.The guy would probably play Boris Diaw over Dwight Howard.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    D'antoni wouldn't want Gallo to make the Knicks anymore competitive so he makes us believe that the reason behind him not playing a lot of minutes is his undevelopement as an NBA player.
    u mean hes purposely playing the worse players to get a high draft pick? i hope thats the case cuz a coach with a great playbook and a clueless rotation formation doesnt make sense to me

Veteran

just watched a bit of the game... zepole can def shoot, but scoring 15 or 20, and giving up 20 or 25, wont win many games... he plays little "D", but i guess thats a good fit for the knicks as no one else plays "D" either..

The Knicks stink, but it would have made a difference to have played Harrington and Nate in the 4th. I really don't know why they got so few minutes: perhaps bad coaching rotations.

As for Gallo - he can shoot threes, if left open, but he needs to develop the rest of his game and become a defensive force - if he plans on being a top player.

Brook, and the rest of the Nets front line, really exposed us. Once again, our lack of a solid front line becomes painfully obvious.

Originally Posted by paris401
    just watched a bit of the game... zepole can def shoot, but scoring 15 or 20, and giving up 20 or 25, wont win many games... he plays little "D", but i guess thats a good fit for the knicks as no one else plays "D" either..
    Forever calling him zepole, huh paris? Yea I agree, has little defense. But that's to be expected with his snail-like quickness. Building up his muscles would improve that as well as improving the Big ****'s strength when he takes it to the hole. The ****'s stroke would also be deadlier when he shoots it in the defenders face. -no homo-

Veteran

Thumbs down

Nate and Harrington should have been put back in the game with six minutes left in the game.....the season inwhich we had we owe the WIN or LOSS to these Knick Players: PG-Duhon, SG-Nate, SF-Chandler, PF-AL, and C-Lee as our crunchtime finishers....these 5-players earned to be Knick finishers for the rest of this season.