Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New York Knicks @ New Jersey Nets Game Thread 3-10-09

Originally Posted by TunerAddict

Really?

1/2 of Gallo's threes are off a screen and shot, or off a crossover or hesitation dribble with a guy on him.
    Gallo is water from outside, a pure shooter.
    He is mediocre at creating his shot and tends to settle for the pull up.

He has below average ability driving and in the low post, which with size and coaching he can develop.

IMO He has what Chandler doesn't and vice versa, they compliment one another well.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    How the **** can you bring up Frye's height and being able to hit jumpers and then **** on Gallo? He is a big that can shoot.
    Read the rest of the post - instead of just highlighting one section: a section that's convenient to your need to argue - and calm down. My point was simple... I had thought, in the past, that Frye was good, based on his one dimensional ability to shoot, which was much more impressive than Gallo's: he was more consistent and could execute at around 17ft., doing his damage in bunches. I learned I was WRONG - many others did, as well. I should have waited, before deciding on the guy's true skills, even though he looked so impressive, just like you guys should, when it comes to Gallo, who really hasn't been.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Frye's one dimensionalness would of made him deadly?
    Right.

Unforunately, he stopped hitting them?
    Yea...its called when you're not that good to be deadly.

Gallo has a lot of work to do.

Mostly on his ball handling and agility.

He has problems like Duhon beat his man off the dribble with his lack of footspeed...but the skill and confidence is there, just not the physical attributes to do it...which can be depressing but with a good conditioning program, Gallinari can go places.

Gallo dribbles too high...guys like me and you can easily strip him off the ball in streetball, Gallo has to get LOW like Dirk...tall dudes can't dribble in the lane with the ball at a high level and expect to not get stripped. Keep it low and avoid a turnover.

Not saying Gallo is a turnover machine, but when he drives, he's very vunerable.

Gallo needs to work on his back obviosuly(you can't get at a low level with a bad back/core)

When Gallo is recovered, and if I was his strenght and conditiong coach, I would strickly focus on his core strength with squats, lunges, dead lifts, planks, bicycle crunches, plyometrics...just make it really dynamic and let it focus to strengthen his core to prevent another injury and

Give him the ability to get low when he dribble/drive to the paint...plus he can absorb contact more better....just make him a superior athlete.

I would also prescriped a ****load of agility drills to Gallinari, high intensity agility drills since he's in D'Antoni's system and needs to get to A to B in the quickest time capable.

Hopefully Gallo gets the best results.

Lopez and DJ Augustin look really good...potential all stars...

****, look at Anthony Randolph too...dude is already praised by Warrior fans as the franchise player...Eric Gordon who I despise is even producing at a high level.

We passed on too many talent for Gallo not to improve...but once he gets to that level, we'll have an all star in our hands...to replace Paul Pierce(3-4 years from decline/retirement) in the all star game)

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Frye's one dimensionalness would of made him deadly?
    Right.

Unforunately, he stopped hitting them?
    Yea...its called when you're not that good to be deadly.

Gallo has a lot of work to do.

Mostly on his ball handling and agility.

He has problems like Duhon beat his man off the dribble with his lack of footspeed...but the skill and confidence is there, just not the physical attributes to do it...which can be depressing but with a good conditioning program, Gallinari can go places.

Gallo dribbles too high...guys like me and you can easily strip him off the ball in streetball, Gallo has to get LOW like Dirk...tall dudes can't dribble in the lane with the ball at a high level and expect to not get stripped. Keep it low and avoid a turnover.

Not saying Gallo is a turnover machine, but when he drives, he's very vunerable.

Gallo needs to work on his back obviosuly(you can't get at a low level with a bad back/core)

When Gallo is recovered, and if I was his strenght and conditiong coach, I would strickly focus on his core strength with squats, lunges, dead lifts, planks, bicycle crunches, plyometrics...just make it really dynamic and let it focus to strengthen his core to prevent another injury and

Give him the ability to get low when he dribble/drive to the paint...plus he can absorb contact more better....just make him a superior athlete.

I would also prescriped a ****load of agility drills to Gallinari, high intensity agility drills since he's in D'Antoni's system and needs to get to A to B in the quickest time capable.

Hopefully Gallo gets the best results.

Lopez and DJ Augustin look really good...potential all stars...

****, look at Anthony Randolph too...dude is already praised by Warrior fans as the franchise player...Eric Gordon who I despise is even producing at a high level.

We passed on too many talent for Gallo not to improve...but once he gets to that level, we'll have an all star in our hands...to replace Paul Pierce(3-4 years from decline/retirement) in the all star game)

All of the exercises you mentioned would be excellent - as ways for him to build his explosiveness. As a coach - I used to have my players do those as part of a two month conditioning program, prior to the season. He has to fix that dribble - though. Because - like you said - he's trapping himself in between defenders, finding himself in bad situations. A lot of that is just bad decision making: he has to know when not to drive the ball.

A lot of it - with Gallo - is potential. It's a shame - because guys like Lopez or Gordon would have been giving us a lot more, right now.