Yo akamu

metrocard

Legend
I restored my comp(a lot of malaware, spyware and all that junk that prevented me from downloading anti malaware progs and made everythign whacky).
My cousin unplugged the comp while it was restoring(I don't know if that played a factor, you tell me)....so I did it again and heres what I go.

No audio advice
Cannot access C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Favorites
Whenever I type in a URL it says "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Favorites"is not accessible. Access is denied"
Cannot open Firefox
Cannot open newly downloaded programs
Have problems downloading programs like Adobe
Can't log in on facebook or my yahoo or school email

A lot of bugged out stuff.

Akamu

The King
Laptop or Desktop? Your missing device drivers for sure.

What's your comps model number? it should be on the machine itself, or you can locate it at: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.

metrocard

Legend
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name FLEXO
System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
System Model DT160A-ABA A465C
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3.20, 1/28/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name FLEXO\Owner
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 106.50 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.20 GB

th3realicon

Rotation player
Try a system restore a day before this all happened. If that doesn't solve it try to reinstall the Int Explorer/Fire Fox drivers all over again. If that is a no go i am afraid you would have to run a back up of all your files and format the damn thing again.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I restored my comp(a lot of malaware, spyware and all that junk that prevented me from downloading anti malaware progs and made everythign whacky).
My cousin unplugged the comp while it was restoring(I don't know if that played a factor, you tell me)....so I did it again and heres what I go.

No audio advice
Cannot access C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Favorites
Whenever I type in a URL it says "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Favorites"is not accessible. Access is denied"
Cannot open Firefox
Cannot open newly downloaded programs
Have problems downloading programs like Adobe
Can't log in on facebook or my yahoo or school email

A lot of bugged out stuff.

Most important thing, if you haven't already, is to get your files out, before doing anything else. I bought a used laptop, a few years ago, because I couldn't see that, in the long run, new is better, regardless of price, back when computers were priced very high. Of course, it wound up burning out, right away, killing my HDD and eating up all of my lessons, years of work and research: activities, graphs, articles, pictures. I paid a shitload of money to get the info. extracted, by a guy that claimed he could revive drives, with no success.

So... get your info. onto a disk, before doing anything else. That's the only advice I can offer, as my computer technical skills: software and hardware, are horrible.

Good luck solving that problem. You'd think that they'd make a computer that doesn't fall apart, but, unfortunately, they stopped doing that with the pentium 3.

fast1

Rookie
One thing is important do not lose your back up CD's drivers of any device you have. I think bugs exist if virus has been entered at your operating system.

clear.gif