Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Game Thread: Knicks vs. Cavaliers 3/15 6PM

I'll say one thing I didn't like about Nate's play, while he played decent most of the game, with the Knicks down 2 with like 2 minutes left or so he drives to the basket and throws up a retarded looking reverse layup and hits the ground. He lies on the ground, trying to milk it for a call, while his team on defense plays 5 on 4. It reminded me of Limas Sweed faking an injury.

In that situation, I don't care what happens. You HAVE to get back on defense. You HAVE to at least try. Don't try and milk your "injury", even if you feel hurt, you have to be another body on defense. Then, when the timeout was called, Nate WALKED OFF THE COURT on his own power AND came BACK in the game after the minute long timeout. You have to get back on defense, obviously he wasn't hurt THAT bad if he could walk off on his own. He wasn't going to get the call, what was he doing for the 20-30 seconds that the Cavs were passing the ball around the court and getting a wide-open three pointer that they drilled? There wasn't even a foul on the play. I can accept missing shots, I can accept just being beat by another team, I can't accept a lack of effort. That play, in such a crucial time, reeked of a lack of effort.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    He has a strained shoulder. I think we're 2 games out of it, since we lost today.
    checked NBA and it says 1.5

I heard that. KBlack25

Wonder if he was scolded for it? It was poor form. Makes for a good case to give the little show pony (no hate) less $ than I'm sure he considers himself worth.

Imagine if he were to have pulled that stunt in the early 90s! He'd be drawn & quartered! Ahhh the good ol' days.

Tough loss for our knicks. Collectively, they played good. We do have to remember that the cavs have been great at home (only one f*cking loss!!!) So coming out with a win would have been like parting the red sea. Many of our players committed mistakes, so why single out anyone? We win as a team and we lose as a team.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Tough loss for our knicks. Collectively, they played good. We do have to remember that the cavs have been great at home (only one f*cking loss!!!) So coming out with a win would have been like parting the red sea. Many of our players committed mistakes, so why single out anyone? We win as a team and we lose as a team.
    The same reason people singled out Duhon while we were struggling. Fact is Nate made a huge error/sign of laziness at a key and critical point in the game, allowing the Cavs to open up a 5 point lead late in the game. He played well most of the game, and I wouldn't be hating on him if he just got back on defense, even if he was useless there. He didn't even try to get back on that play, leaving his teammates to play 5 on 4 versus a superior Cavs team who only had a 2 point lead late in the game. If he showed up on defense instead of faking an injury or milking an injury to get a sympathy call, and they still scored, I'd have no problem. The problem was he didn't even get back. It's not a mistake as much as it is laziness. I was just pointing out that sign of laziness, and that I can't accept.

Don't take it personal, black. I was talking in general. I read a couple of posts that were bashing Lee as well as Nate, that is the reason I said what I said. Ultimately the whole team lost the game. To single out someone is to be weak.

BTW, Duhon still sucks

If we lose in NJ Net said bye bye to play off