Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.Y. KNICKS vs. N.J. NETS - 3/18/09 7:30pm at MSG

Game Thread N.Y. KNICKS vs. N.J. NETS - 3/18/09 7:30pm at MSG

a VERBAL ASSASSIN production

Welcome everyone, this is your host, SLY1984 aka the Verbal Assassin bringing you greatness. tonight's match-up is:

(28-38) vs (28-39)

Starting Lineups:

New York Knicks:

Starters—Point guard Nate Robinson, Shooting guard Larry Hughes, Small forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Power forward Al Harrington, Center David Lee

NEW JERSEY NETS:

Starters—Point guard Keyon Dooling, Shooting guard Vince Carter, Small forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Power forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Center Brook Lopez

game preview-
    quote:
    "Two longtime foes fighting for the postseason get together tonight in the Big Apple, as the New York Knicks welcome the Atlantic-Division rival New Jersey Nets to Madison Square Garden.

New Jersey has lost every test so far on a five-game road trip and five straight as the guest overall, including Monday's 121-96 loss against the Denver Nuggets in the Rocky Mountains. Vince Carter carried the Nets with 32 points on 13-of-23 shooting, but the visitors sorely missed All-Star point guard Devin Harris.
    Harris suffered a shoulder sprain against the Clippers on Sunday and is listed as doubtful against the Knicks. Keyon Dooling ended with 17 points in the recent loss for the Nets, who are 2 1/2 games off the final playoff berth in the East and 14-20 away from the Meadowlands this season.
    Meanwhile, the Knicks just went 3-2 on a five-game road trip and had their three-game winning streak stopped with Sunday's 98-93 loss to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena. James recorded 19 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds to lead the Cavs to victory.
    Al Harrington pumped in a game-best 26 points and added nine boards for New York, which got 20 points and seven assists from Nate Robinson and sit two games out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
    Larry Hughes and Wilson Chandler scored 15 and 14 points, respectively, in a losing cause. David Lee ended with his usual double-double of 10 points and 14 boards for New York, which will open a two-game homestand Wednesday versus the Nets and Kings, and is 18-15 at MSG this season. Chandler (ankle) and Harrington (ankle) are both questionable for tonight.
    The 2008-09 season series between New Jersey and New York is tied at a game apiece, but the Nets have won 12 of 17 and 13 of the last 19 meetings. New Jersey has won seven of its last eight trips to New York."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=TSN6 align=left>New Jersey last five games</TH><TH class=TSN6 align=left>New York last five games</TH></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/08 - W vs. New York, 106-101</TD><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/08 - L at New Jersey, 101-106</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/11 - L at Golden State, 112-116</TD><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/10 - W at Milwaukee, 120-112</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/13 - L at Portland, 100-109</TD><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/11 - W at Detroit, 116-111 (OT)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/15 - L at LA Clippers, 105-107</TD><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/13 - W at Minnesota, 102-94</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/16 - L at Denver, 96-121</TD><TD class=TSN1 align=left width="50%">03/15 - L at Cleveland, 93-98</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As you can see, New jersey has been struggling since the beginning of the month. The last game they won was against us. The outcome will be different this time around because we are more confident and ready than last time. the Nets have also allowed 100+ in the last five.

Golden state killed them with 116, imagine what we will do. 150? 160? look for us to score BIG tonight.

Prediction-
    KNICKS 125 - Nets 108

Joint of the Day:

JAY-Z- "in my lifetime (remix)"

Last edited by KING~POETIQ; Mar 18, 2009 at 10:27.

Devin Harris is out. Kenyon Dooling started last game for The Nets along side Vince Carter in the backcourt.

What can i say? We need this win, from now on we gotta do it one possession at a time, our backs are against the walls, let's see how things get played out....GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston really screwed us! Had they beat both Chicago and Mil we wouldve gained a game on each of them.

We cant have a let down game tonight. We need OKC to knock off Chi, which is realistic in a second game of a back to back and Orlando should beat Mil.

Charlotte will likely beat Sac

Originally Posted by New New York
    Boston really screwed us! Had they beat both Chicago and Mil we wouldve gained a game on each of them.
    I blame marbury....jk [or am i?]

We should take this... VC is always a force to be reckoned with, Even with Harris out.. Keep the faith!

By the way Nice Game Thread Sly!!

This is truly a must win, seeing as every other team we're playing is going to be very hard to beat.

Great game for me to have on while I work on my Police Brutality research paper.

Oh No!!!

Al Harrington is questionable.

DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE NOT GONNA SEE HIM DON THE ORANGE AND GREEN?

CRAP.

We were really lucky Devin Harris got injured. They should be out of the playoff race, he's too important to them. We need to play hard, and not underestimate them. But we should win this game easily. VC can't win a game himself anymore, and the last time we played Harris killed us.

Nice thread Sly. I like the song, even though I'm not usually a big Jay-Z fan.

Originally Posted by Scribbles

DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE NOT GONNA SEE HIM DON THE ORANGE AND GREEN?

lol. word, we could use his extra turtle power tonight.

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    We should take this... VC is always a force to be reckoned with, Even with Harris out.. Keep the faith!

By the way Nice Game Thread Sly!!
    Thanks, Giants89fly. You're right Vince is gonna be a tough task tonight. We gotta shut him down

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    We were really lucky Devin Harris got injured. They should be out of the playoff race, he's too important to them. We need to play hard, and not underestimate them. But we should win this game easily. VC can't win a game himself anymore, and the last time we played Harris killed us.

Nice thread Sly. I like the song, even though I'm not usually a big Jay-Z fan.
    Thanks, JayJ. Actually, I'm not that big of a fan either. I just like his early songs.

As for the game, we should win this game easily, but you know how our Knicks have been this year...

Just a quick side note, I hate Jarred Jeffries and Quentin Richardson with a fiery passion.... That is all.

Stop Vince Carter Now Please? Thanks!