N.Y. KNICKS vs. N.J. NETS - 3/18/09 7:30pm at MSG

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
metro, you shouldnt bother. Game was awful. Nate had a good game (18, 5, and 2), but nothing too special. duhon had another crap game -->30 minutes, 6 points, 3 turnovers.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
What in the world was that out there on the court tonight?That team that we saw tonight was a team that don't care if they win another game for the rest of the season.All the players sucked every single one sucked tonight and they just told all of the Knicks fans that they don't care if they made it to the plaoffs or not.

Now that the playoffs are out of the question I now hope we get a very good draft pick.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
In all seriousness this Knick franchise has a curse upon it.I don't know if the curse was brought upon them by Jimmi Dolan or if it was brought to them after the Ewing trade.They will never be a winning franchise until this curse is broken.Getting rid of coaches,general managers, and certain players has proven that the main problem behind the Knicks woes was never in the people that were hired to get the job done but was probably a result of this mysterious phenomenon.Notice how the Knicks are never good enough to win enough games to have a playoff seed and are never bad enough to get a superstar player in the draft almost every season.Notice how the few times they been on national live television they have been blown out.Notice how everytime one of their players has a little bit of success that player ends up being injured for the rest of the season.It's no coincidence that these things have struck the same franchise every single year since 2001.

You're an interesting guy: shooting galleries, 90's Knicks, etc., etc. I knew you were kidding, by the way, with that 90's Knicks comparison. That curse thing, though, is something I've thought of, many times: we traded our best player, on the conniving efforts of Allan Houston, Jeff Van Gundy, and others, who felt that the Knicks would be better with Camby and that Ewing was some sort of impediment. We all saw how much BS that was.

I felt that we could have broken that "curse," by hiring Ewing as an assistant or as head coach, or even signing Ewing, Jr., but it didn't happen. If you look at it logically, though, the "Ewing curse" has to do with finally getting a real center. We had a chance with Brook, a big man who can rebound, shoot from the perimeter, post, screen for shooters, roll to the basket well and block, and, instead, we drafted Gallinari and his back problems.

As for the game, I fell asleep at around 8 PM, after a long day, and got up in time to watch the second half of a 2 AM replay. Disgusting: like I, and a few others have said, playoffs were not likely, but I never thought that the Nets were what was going to stand in our way. This was a must-win, because the rest of the teams we're playing are much better than New Jersey. I think the Knicks no longer have any believers.

Let's look at what we could have had... Lopez: 23 Points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 blocks, in 35 minutes; and he did it with jumpers, hooks, layups, and dunks, as well as with screens, blocks, rolls to the basket. Our best days were when we had a great center. With Lopez, who was right there for us to take, we would have had our best center since Ewing.

And where's our pick? In Italy, getting back treatments. SMH@Gallosexuals and believers in the Knicks making the playoffs.

Lopez>Lee+Gallo

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Mike D'Antoni is a great coach, the best we have had in over a decade

For the last 5 years I evaluated coach Frank to be the TOP-3 worst coaches in the NBA. Kiya opinion

Coach Frank Nets been beating Dantoni's Knicks all season since the preseason games....that is what alot of members are not mentioning in this game thread.

Rookie Lopez would've been distracted defending Curry, Hassel would've been evenly match with Wilcox, 31 year old Carter would've had to run around the peremeter chasing D.Nichols......if these 3 players only received 12 minutes of playingtime in the game it would've been something different for Nets coach Frank to deal with.

I am ready to DNP Larry Hughes for the rest of the season from the Lockerroom....since his arrival to many Knick Players have been playing like Shuuuut together with Huges receiving 35 mpg....Duhon been playing hurt 20 games before the trading deadline but his essential leadership at the PG was decent enough to keep us close in every game where we could pull out a win here and there....all that disapeared at the arrival of Larry Hughes.....now Duhon is playing like Anthony Roberson...

Red

TYPE-A
Speak OGKnicks. I recall fans saying: Why tank we can make the playoffs, Lee is a beast should've been an allstar, we want the Celtics in rd 1 maybe we can upset them, we're 1 player away from being championship contenders etc...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......! And I trying to be objective while ignoring my fandum said we don't deserve to make the playoffs. If only to NOT promote a false sense of accomplishment. If you make the playoffs due to the ineptitude of another team(s) you CANNOT mistake that for achievement! If you: Hire a "speed ball" non defensive coach (who doesn't PRIORITIZE & know how to add defensive players), and then exiles your better PG, overuses and overhypes a career back up, drafts a Euro rookie when a 7 foot quality big is on the board, runs players into the ground who really suck, can't decide on a solid rotation, never sticks w/ who's hot, trades throughout the season but doesn't improve, have a sub .500 record by 10 games, drafts a rookie who got a potential Career ending injury while FLOPPING, considers adding more age in Nash, hasn't been competitive in years, reside in the same conference as the 1 yr turn around champs, have one of the highest payrolls, of which the highest paid players (Marb, Curry, Jeffrie etc...) were the LEAST productive, and have no draft pick next yr. but are contemplating REDUCING their odds of adding someone whom the front office has no idea how to evaluate and add as seen in last yr draft......this is what you get. The New York Knicks. I said I would give Walsh/Dantoni another year so the clock is ticking.....

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Speak OGKnicks. I recall fans saying: Why tank we can make the playoffs, Lee is a beast should've been an allstar, we want the Celtics in rd 1 maybe we can upset them, we're 1 player away from being championship contenders etc...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......! And I trying to be objective while ignoring my fandum said we don't deserve to make the playoffs. If only to NOT promote a false sense of accomplishment. If you make the playoffs due to the ineptitude of another team(s) you CANNOT mistake that for achievement! If you: Hire a "speed ball" non defensive coach (who doesn't PRIORITIZE & know how to add defensive players), and then exiles your better PG, overuses and overhypes a career back up, drafts a Euro rookie when a 7 foot quality big is on the board, runs players into the ground who really suck, can't decide on a solid rotation, never sticks w/ who's hot, trades throughout the season but doesn't improve, have a sub .500 record by 10 games, drafts a rookie who got a potential Career ending injury while FLOPPING, considers adding more age in Nash, hasn't been competitive in years, reside in the same conference as the 1 yr turn around champs, have one of the highest payrolls, of which the highest paid players (Marb, Curry, Jeffrie etc...) were the LEAST productive, and have no draft pick next yr. but are contemplating REDUCING their odds of adding someone whom the front office has no idea how to evaluate and add as seen in last yr draft......this is what you get. The New York Knicks. I said I would give Walsh/Dantoni another year so the clock is ticking.....

I've always said what I think, regardless of the backlashes from those who have sent me negative comments or given me bad rep. points. Others, on this site, just say, or acquiesce to, what's popular, "Gallo is the next Dirk," "D'Antoni is the greatest coach... ever," and "David Lee's the second coming of Christ."

You're on the money, with all this: it's craziness, for real. A smart GM would have looked at building a team comprehensively, from the ground up and in all areas. We had scoring, with Craw, Star child and Snack. What we needed was a shotblocker, to help stop guys that beat our guards off the dribble, and a good set of defensive back up players, mainly guards, to shut teams down, put them through dry spells and help us go on runs.

Sure, Lopez could have been a bust, I knew that when I was begging for him to be drafted, but my point, and I think it's the same as that of others who wanted Lopez, is that we haven't had a good big man for so long that, even if he did turn out to be a bust, failure in pursuit of a real big would have been worthwhile.

On the other hand, Gallinari, even if he turns out to be good, is just not worth it, to me. We've had shooters, scorers, etc. What we need, in order to lift Ewing's curse, is to acknowledge our need for a real big man. It's been tested, time and again, and teams that lack talented bigs just don't tend to do well.

Kiyaman

Legend
Forgive my crazy writing I was upset at giving the Knicks 7+ points on winning this game. I was writing mad.
I thought payback would be on this Knick-Team mind with a week rested Duhon's return and Harris out....but these Knick-players has not formed a team spirit with coach Dantoni.....if they did we would have seen it in this game.
They are not on the same-page.
And my dum self thought they were (givin 7+ points)....untill lastnight I witness a nasty-whipping in all 4 Quarters from a team in the same division with the same record.

dre48ny

Rotation player
After such a decent road trip, the nYK play so badly @ home. Sad day, Rose and the Bulls seem to be peaking now @ the right time.

Can't lose hope, but we have to beat the teams we are competing against for the 8th seed.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Man it's over, let's tank and get a high pick, give us knick fans something to look forward to in june in this years draft..........

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
WOW, i can't believe how all you "alleged" knick fans are just giving up like that...SMH

people got no faith, sound madd depressed and shit.

we still have 15 games to go, so we got a shot. stay calm niggas, stay calm

Kiyaman

Legend
You're on the money, with all this: it's craziness, for real. A smart GM would have looked at building a team comprehensively, from the ground up and in all areas. We had scoring, with Craw, Star child and Snack. What we needed was a shotblocker, to help stop guys that beat our guards off the dribble, and a good set of defensive back up players, mainly guards, to shut teams down, put them through dry spells and help us go on runs.

I thought the Knicks Rebuilding mode would've started with the 2008 7th round pick. But it did'nt.
I also thought our New-Regime would've got two out of the six Knicks highest paid players to play at the level of their contract this season. but they did'nt.

Sure, Lopez could have been a bust, I knew that when I was begging for him to be drafted, but my point, and I think it's the same as that of others who wanted Lopez, is that we haven't had a good big man for so long that, even if he did turn out to be a bust, failure in pursuit of a real big would have been worthwhile.

It looked like Walsh & Dantoni decided on the inhereted Knicks bigmen a long time ago....inwhich James, Curry, Zach, and Malik were not going to be used this season.
And signing FA pass-first PG-Duhon the 2nd week in July proved Marbury was not going to be used this season too.
But somehow they had plans for the use of PF-Lee, SF-Chandler, SG-Crawful, and Combo-Guard Nate in this season rotation.

On the other hand, Gallinari, even if he turns out to be good, is just not worth it, to me. We've had shooters, scorers, etc. What we need, in order to lift Ewing's curse, is to acknowledge our need for a real big man. It's been tested, time and again, and teams that lack talented bigs just don't tend to do well

The Knicks were centerless lastseason.
Brook Lopez should've been our 7th pick b/c in college he showed everything that Curry lacked in the NBA....he even out did his atheletic-hops brother.
Rookie Center Brook Lopez was supposed to be the future with Lee, Chandler, and Nate....
Plus there is no Star-Center in the offseason of the 2010 FA.

metrocard

Legend
For the last 5 years I evaluated coach Frank to be the TOP-3 worst coaches in the NBA. Kiya opinion

Coach Frank Nets been beating Dantoni's Knicks all season since the preseason games....that is what alot of members are not mentioning in this game thread.

Rookie Lopez would've been distracted defending Curry, Hassel would've been evenly match with Wilcox, 31 year old Carter would've had to run around the peremeter chasing D.Nichols......if these 3 players only received 12 minutes of playingtime in the game it would've been something different for Nets coach Frank to deal with.

I am ready to DNP Larry Hughes for the rest of the season from the Lockerroom....since his arrival to many Knick Players have been playing like Shuuuut together with Huges receiving 35 mpg....Duhon been playing hurt 20 games before the trading deadline but his essential leadership at the PG was decent enough to keep us close in every game where we could pull out a win here and there....all that disapeared at the arrival of Larry Hughes.....now Duhon is playing like Anthony Roberson...

Kiyaman has spoken.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
yea.....about that....uh.....i do not have any recollection of anything that i might have written in a certain game thread... :lol:

Red

TYPE-A
WOW, i can't believe how all you "alleged" knick fans are just giving up like that...SMH

people got no faith, sound madd depressed and shit.

we still have 15 games to go, so we got a shot. stay calm niggas, stay calm

Sly, there's nothing to give up! If you're referring to "hope" that is synonymous
with being a fan. The Knicks still have fans and always will.

I on the other hand define realism as something different. Don't mistake realism for depression. Like wise don't mistake "fandamonium" which is Subjective in nature with valid assessments.

As a fan of course I want the Knicks to win...Duh.

From an objective opinion; I notice what seems simple. Like...
Why did I get the feeling Walsh and D'Antoni had no clue of their inherited talent? It's like they came in the middle of the season and had no idea who was on their team. I saw it in the draft, the minutes, the Marbury issue, the trades, the bottom line is THE DECISIONS.?!?!

Like OG said, "it's craziness, for real. A smart GM would have looked at building a team comprehensively, from the ground up and in all areas."

And we can say this because "hindsight is 20/20" so we pretty much have a body of work to assess.

Now maybe (1 of my theories) the Knicks were so bad that Walsh nor Dantoni could bare watching last year. Which makes no sense b/c why would you come to an organization you had no real idea about what u were getting into?

So now I say...o.k. you had to know Marbury was the best we had, Curry is GARBAGE we need a big man since forever, Crawford was a quasi leader by default, Q Rich is doo doo, Zach was a ball-hog etc...

They had to know what the deal was...and I guess Danillo was their attempt at landing a "superstar". Danillo wasn't a defensive pick. He would of been a shooter at best. Harrington's D is suspect. Duhon's D is suspect. Lee's D is suspect. Granted you improved some perimeter D with Hughes but Obviously he wasn't the immediate plan b/c then you would of pursued him in the off-season. The way they handled Marbury shows they had no plan.

These things say at first they (DAntoni/Walsh) either didn't know about their roster or had no plan in the beginning of the season. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for this season (maybe their hands were tied) and reserve judgement after next season.

37 + Wins and making the playoffs is NOT an accomplishment period! It's like being the fat kid that gets picked last in a game just to even out the teams. Playoff experience yes, along with a losing experience.

Don't get me wrong we have talent and potential, but compared to our competition we are far away. But we still got our young guns N8, Lee and Chandler and Gallo:crossfingers: but even with them they are not enough. Yeah we were in games, that shows the competitiveness of the league, but all in all we lacked leadership and Defense and sound decision making from the FO TO THE Coach and players.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Red, when people keep on stressin' about how we should of drafted differently a million effin times, or how they keep on saying that the season has been over weeks ago, and also how we should have been tanking the season since february (WTF!?!?!?), it makes me wonder who they really are rooting for.

as for D'antoni and Walsh, i think they did what they had to do. make people believe that they're starting from zero, and actually show all the fans and media that they did not know what they were signing up for. thus, buying them more time. those two are slick mofos...