Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.Y. KNICKS vs. N.J. NETS - 3/18/09 7:30pm at MSG

Mike D'Antoni is a great coach, the best we have had in over a decade

We don't deserve to make the playoffs. Pathetic.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    i hate this, everytime i think the knicks are gonna win they lose, just a pathetic game i lost 5 bucks in a bet, and a **** load of pride (howd we lose to a d-harris-less nets?????)
    This game was played as an exhibition game by the Knicks and is one that has defined the Knicks losing culture of the last 10 years.It was like watching a recently recovered heroin addict make a return trip to a shooing gallery he hasn't touched in months.Thank God there aren't enough Nets fans to mock us and that the Knicks are the last sports team that ESPN sportscenter would want to do a story on.Better that the Knicks completely tank it in for the season.Wouldn't want to watch them be embarassed like this in the playoffs.It would probably be the knicks worst playoff series of all time.

15 more games to go. we're going to need to win at least 10 of those 15 games to even have a shot at being in the eighth spot. its gonna take alot for us to accomplish that. its also gonna be hard for the knicks to forget about this loss, though. but i still have faith in our Knicks. hopefully everything goes our way in these last 15.

"The portable man", I cannot belive your actually blaming Larry Hughes for the loss. Every single time we lose you always blame it on him like its his fault. IDC if u like him or not but thats really getting annoying

We've had some great runs this season, but it looks like the playoff window is finally beginning to close. blown out to NJ WITHOUT harris IN MSG?! Come on. Probably out worst loss this season

Simply put, whether we make it or not...

This Knicks team is not ready for playoff basketball.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I was afraid to click this thread.

We just need to swallow reality.

We are what our record shows.

Hopefully Walsh can finally start tuning up this line up.

I'm officially throwing the towel in.

Season is done. We can't defend home court on St. Patty's day against a depleted Nets team who's fighting for a playoff slot with us.

And we got blown out nonetheless.

Pray that we get a high lottery pick!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Should I check the scoreboard? Was the game that bad? I was at the gym working...kinda sucks...I can't wait till baseball starts. Hoping Jets get Cutler and do good in the draft.

man wtf happened, our body language was pathetic, like even nate didnt even have that bounce, smh i dont even wanna talk about it

metro, you shouldnt bother. Game was awful. Nate had a good game (18, 5, and 2), but nothing too special. duhon had another crap game -->30 minutes, 6 points, 3 turnovers.

What in the world was that out there on the court tonight?That team that we saw tonight was a team that don't care if they win another game for the rest of the season.All the players sucked every single one sucked tonight and they just told all of the Knicks fans that they don't care if they made it to the plaoffs or not.

Now that the playoffs are out of the question I now hope we get a very good draft pick.

Those green jerseys had a curse on them-

The Bulls wore them yesterday and it worked out pretty well for them.

We plain suck lol

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    In all seriousness this Knick franchise has a curse upon it.I don't know if the curse was brought upon them by Jimmi Dolan or if it was brought to them after the Ewing trade.They will never be a winning franchise until this curse is broken.Getting rid of coaches,general managers, and certain players has proven that the main problem behind the Knicks woes was never in the people that were hired to get the job done but was probably a result of this mysterious phenomenon.Notice how the Knicks are never good enough to win enough games to have a playoff seed and are never bad enough to get a superstar player in the draft almost every season.Notice how the few times they been on national live television they have been blown out.Notice how everytime one of their players has a little bit of success that player ends up being injured for the rest of the season.It's no coincidence that these things have struck the same franchise every single year since 2001.
    You're an interesting guy: shooting galleries, 90's Knicks, etc., etc. I knew you were kidding, by the way, with that 90's Knicks comparison. That curse thing, though, is something I've thought of, many times: we traded our best player, on the conniving efforts of Allan Houston, Jeff Van Gundy, and others, who felt that the Knicks would be better with Camby and that Ewing was some sort of impediment. We all saw how much BS that was.

I felt that we could have broken that "curse," by hiring Ewing as an assistant or as head coach, or even signing Ewing, Jr., but it didn't happen. If you look at it logically, though, the "Ewing curse" has to do with finally getting a real center. We had a chance with Brook, a big man who can rebound, shoot from the perimeter, post, screen for shooters, roll to the basket well and block, and, instead, we drafted Gallinari and his back problems.

As for the game, I fell asleep at around 8 PM, after a long day, and got up in time to watch the second half of a 2 AM replay. Disgusting: like I, and a few others have said, playoffs were not likely, but I never thought that the Nets were what was going to stand in our way. This was a must-win, because the rest of the teams we're playing are much better than New Jersey. I think the Knicks no longer have any believers.

Let's look at what we could have had... Lopez: 23 Points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 blocks, in 35 minutes; and he did it with jumpers, hooks, layups, and dunks, as well as with screens, blocks, rolls to the basket. Our best days were when we had a great center. With Lopez, who was right there for us to take, we would have had our best center since Ewing.

And where's our pick? In Italy, getting back treatments. SMH@Gallosexuals and believers in the Knicks making the playoffs.

Lopez>Lee+Gallo
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Mar 19, 2009 at 03:04.