N.Y. KNICKS vs. N.J. NETS - 3/18/09 7:30pm at MSG

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Red, when people keep on stressin' about how we should of drafted differently a million effin times, or how they keep on saying that the season has been over weeks ago, and also how we should have been tanking the season since february (WTF!?!?!?), it makes me wonder who they really are rooting for.

My friend, don't be confused, if we weren't knick fans none of us would not be on this site. A true knick fan can see that this current roster is not ready for playoff basketball, the best thing for this organization is to go in the lottery one last time before the 2010 plan and sign a defensive big man like thabeet. Must i remind you, New York Knicks basketball is not just about the players but us the fans who stick with them season in and season out, WE ARE KNICK BASKETBALL, so don't try to question our loyalty to this team...We all know this is a work in progress, our players gave what they could, we played depleted specially after the trades, to me Gallo was a good pick, kid's got heart n skills that's rare qualities....So SLY if you want whats best for this team, just be easy n let's ride out this season, one luv my fellow knick fan........................

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Sly, there's nothing to give up! If you're referring to "hope" that is synonymous
with being a fan. The Knicks still have fans and always will.

I on the other hand define realism as something different. Don't mistake realism for depression. Like wise don't mistake "fandamonium" which is Subjective in nature with valid assessments.

As a fan of course I want the Knicks to win...Duh.

From an objective opinion; I notice what seems simple. Like...
Why did I get the feeling Walsh and D'Antoni had no clue of their inherited talent? It's like they came in the middle of the season and had no idea who was on their team. I saw it in the draft, the minutes, the Marbury issue, the trades, the bottom line is THE DECISIONS.?!?!

Like OG said, "it's craziness, for real. A smart GM would have looked at building a team comprehensively, from the ground up and in all areas."

And we can say this because "hindsight is 20/20" so we pretty much have a body of work to assess.

Hindsight is 20/20, only when you really could not have made the right decision at the time, because of there not being a clear solution. In this case, hindsight does not come into play, we needed a big man, then, going all the way back to 2000, and now, period. We've needed a big man since Ewing got shipped to the Super Sonics. It's just bad decision making. If we had selected a bust, by selecting Lopez, in the quest to acquire a good center, it would have been worthwhile, because that's the biggest need we've had, for almost ten years. There's no hindsight involved, here.

Red

TYPE-A
Red, when people keep on stressin' about how we should of drafted differently a million effin times, or how they keep on saying that the season has been over weeks ago, and also how we should have been tanking the season since february (WTF!?!?!?), it makes me wonder who they really are rooting for.

as for D'antoni and Walsh, i think they did what they had to do. make people believe that they're starting from zero, and actually show all the fans and media that they did not know what they were signing up for. thus, buying them more time. those two are slick mofos...

By pointing out a mistake in last yrs draft fans are showing their lack of confidence in Walsh/DAntoni this year, that's all. I mean if they didn't get a big last yr then why this year? IMO drafting a big and him being a bust is a risk a rebuilding org. must take. The rewards far outway the risks. So like I said those opinions just show a lack of confidence with the FO going forward. As far as TANKING or losing on purpose I''m glad they didn't b/c now when we lose it's no excuse. If you're really trying to make the playoffs that means you're trying your best and this again illustrates our BEST isn't good enough- hope Walsh/Dantoni are paying attention. Their double/double machine got abused by a rookie whom we had the chance to draft! And NOTHING you can teach Lee is gonna help that in the future. If Lee remains here he will become Lopez's bitch for like 5 years!