NY KNICKS v.s. SACRAMENTO KINGS 3/20/09 7:30pm at MSG

Here are Rubio's stats, from the Euroleague:

<table id="ctl02_ctl00_PlayerStats_tblPlayerStats" class="PlayerStatsContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>2008-2009
STATS
</td> </tr><tr> <td> PPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> RPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> APG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> FPG
</td></tr></tbody></table>

rubio.jpg

JayJ44

Starter
Rady, you should seriously consider banning some of these circus folk that frequent this site.

Look, JJ, Calderon is one of the best point guards in this league (the NBA), period: +18.42 EFF, 12.7 PPG, 49 FG%, 40 3P%, 8.6 Assists per game.
His footspeed is unparalleled, by anyone except for maybe Tony Parker. And Rubio did not only play bad against the US Olympic team, he played bad throughout the Olympics and became a liability, in the gold medal game, turning the ball over, while trying to do trick dribbles.

<TABLE class=PlayerStatsContainer id=ctl02_ctl00_PlayerStats_tblPlayerStats style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>2008-2009
STATS

</TD></TR><TR><TD>PPG

</TD></TR><TR><TD>RPG

</TD></TR><TR><TD>APG

</TD></TR><TR><TD>FPG

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
For previous years, look here:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

By the way, I have watched this guy in Euroleague competition, and, just like in the Olympics, he lacks jumping ability, is very slow, and just is not that good of a player. Bottom line: the guy's overrated and physically limited, regardless of age. As for Spanish league play, it's not Euroleague, which is where the best competition lies, so I'll stick with his Euroleague performance.

Just like Gallo, he's much better in his local league than in the Euroleague competition, where he'd have to face the best teams. He'll be much worse in the NBA. Euroleague is overrated, the skills are just sub-par. In my opinion, the NCAA is of more quality. If Euro was so great, we'd take their players regularly, instead of them taking our 40 year old retirees.
<TABLE class=PlayerAccumulatedAveragesStatistics id=tblPlayerPhaseStatistics cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=PlayerGridRow><TD class=PlayerTitleColumn>

For Olympics, look here:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08...son//teamnumber/362/fe_teamPlay_playStat.html

Rubio in the Olympics: 4 PPG, 3 ASSISTS, 2 Turnovers, on 32% FG's

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

His stats this year mean nothing. He was injured, with I believe a wrist injury (could be wrong on that one) and as goknicks showed, only played in 5 games.

You don't need a 40 inch vertical to be successful in this league. He's a highly skilled basketball player, with elite passing ability and court vision. His only weakness is his shooting, but that will come with time.

Calderon's stats are nice. But how's his team doing lately?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
His stats this year mean nothing. He was injured, with I believe a wrist injury (could be wrong on that one) and as goknicks showed, only played in 5 games.

You don't need a 40 inch vertical to be successful in this league. He's a highly skilled basketball player, with elite passing ability and court vision. His only weakness is his shooting, but that will come with time.

I hear you in the first 2 paragraphs, but you cant doubt Calderon's ability

That Raptors team just SUCKS. When calderon was down they had some dude named ukic back him up. Thhey have no great SG, and JO was constantly injured.

Now im not standing up for them, but Calderon is an amazing player, i think he played better than Rubio in the Olympics. If he was on our team hed be averaging like 19 and 10.

JayJ44

Starter
I hear you in the first 2 paragraphs, but you cant doubt Calderon's ability

That Raptors team just SUCKS. When calderon was down they had some dude named ukic back him up. Thhey have no great SG, and JO was constantly injured.

Now im not standing up for them, but Calderon is an amazing player, i think he played better than Rubio in the Olympics. If he was on our team hed be averaging like 19 and 10.

I agree, I like Calderon's game. He's a very good PG, and I wasn't blaming their record soley on him. But Rubio will be a superstar in this league. It's tough for a 19 year old to play well against the best players in the world on a world stage such as the Olympics.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I agree, I like Calderon's game. He's a very good PG. But Rubio will be a superstar in this league. It's tough for a 19 year old to play well against the best players in the world on a world stage such as the Olympics.

Definitetly. sad thing is i believe he's still undecided in entering this draft...

Last edited:
Whole team is a piece of shit. Disgraceful team! Ya vaflil ih vseh v rot. Vse pederasty i skoty ebanye! I feel sorry for Mike Dantony and Larry Brown. Big dissapointment. I hate NY Knicks!!! Dormoedy, gryaz`, vseh v tualet! Ves mir bardak vse ludi blyadi. Arthur Pokanyuk.:boohoo:

JayJ44

Starter
yeah, high school language classes are pretty much a waste of time. i've been taking french for 2 years, and i barely understand french at all. :lol:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

Your comments are insane, when taken into context with what you've said before, as well as your response to my previous post.

#1. Rubio has played in two or three other seasons, and his numbers are either bad or mediocre, while playing in an inferior league. The link to the stats are posted, I think it's unreasonable for you and David Lee's girl to expect me to manually post all his stats. Going into the link and selectively posting a portion of what was there is lazy, dishonest and manipulative. And how does only playing five games prove that he's good. It might prove that he's not as bad as those numbers, but that's it.

#2. I've watched Rubio in quite a number of games, and he'd be a liability in the NBA, on defense and offense. This can be seen, when he makes horrible mistakes against Australia, Russia and other non-USA teams, nearly matching his assists with his turnovers. This is especially disconcerting in that Fernandez and Gasol, amongst others, all brought their numbers up, when compared to their NBA numbers, during the Olympics. And, again, just to be clear, contrary to your previous comment, he played against teams other than the USA, so don't try to back peddle now, by saying he was playing "the best teams in the world." In fact, that's not even true, because Olympic teams, other than the USA, are often not as good as the worst NBA teams, which has been proven numerous times, when they've played against some of our worst teams: for example, Macabbi Elite being slaughtered by the New York Knicks in 2007. And again, making excuses for a player doesn't make the player good.

#3. Calderon is only one player, he's not responsible for 12, or whatever number, of other grown men. And no, you don't need a 40 inch vertical leap in this league, obviously, but your boy, Rubio, can barely get off the floor, at only 6'3. And in the NBA, believe it or not, you do need jumping ability. Your previous post said "Rubio>>>>>Calderon" and that's just insane. Calderon is a proven player, with all-star level skills and talent, blazing speed, unparalleled ability to penetrate, great passing ability: 8.5 assists per game. How many point guards can average 8.5 assists? If the guy were playing in a bigger market, he would have made the all-star team, already.

#4. As for the Raptors, you again expose yourself as a bottomfeeder, with no ability to go beyond the most superficial pieces of information. Did you know that the Raptors made the playoffs, largely because of Calderon, on both of the past two seasons? You must not, because you seem to want to blame the man for the current Raptor season.

#5. Rubio might turn out to be a good player, just like you might someday be president of the United States. Please make clear that your hopes, including great white ones, and dreams are just that... hopes and dreams. He has a small chance of becoming great, at 6'3, with no speed or jumping ability, while being turnover prone, but it's really not likely. So many of you base your arguments on the tingling sensation you get from hearing a player's name or because someone in the media tells you that someone like Gallinari is great. Try to be logical, for once in your lives.

SMH@these clowns

Streetdreams let you get away with way too much, but I'm not as nice as he is.

*** Oh, and I don't want to hear that age BS that was used with Gallo, because if you're a top 10 pick, you're being drafted on the basis that you're better than most other players, regardless of age. Age is just an incidental fact, like shoe size or whatever. Otherwise, you'd see 15 year old 5 footers drafted on the basis of age. It's just a bad argument: these guys get drafted based upon belief in their skills.

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Rubio does have a great chance of being a star player, but if i had to choose now, i'd choose Calderon only because he's ALREADY established himself in the NBA as an amazing point guard. Rubio has yet to do so.

Rubio has so much potential, as Jay said, but he can become a bust. Then again, anyone can become a bust.

Paul1355

All Star
I love the Knicks but getting blown out by the Kings is embarrassing.

ESPN is going to laugh at us....again.

Mike D better make some moves and stop playing inconsistent players like Chandler....play the bench players like Wilcox.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Rady, you should seriously consider banning some of these circus folk that frequent this site.

Look, JJ, Calderon is one of the best point guards in this league (the NBA), period: +18.42 EFF, 12.7 PPG, 49 FG%, 40 3P%, 8.6 Assists per game.
His footspeed is unparalleled, by anyone except for maybe Tony Parker. And Rubio did not only play bad against the US Olympic team, he played bad throughout the Olympics and became a liability, in the gold medal game, turning the ball over, while trying to do trick dribbles.

<table id="ctl02_ctl00_PlayerStats_tblPlayerStats" class="PlayerStatsContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>2008-2009
STATS
</td> </tr><tr> <td> PPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> RPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> APG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> FPG
For previous years, look here:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

By the way, I have watched this guy in Euroleague competition, and, just like in the Olympics, he lacks jumping ability, is very slow, and just is not that good of a player. Bottom line: the guy's overrated and physically limited, regardless of age. As for Spanish league play, it's not Euroleague, which is where the best competition lies, so I'll stick with his Euroleague performance.

Just like Gallo, he's much better in his local league than in the Euroleague competition, where he'd have to face the best teams. He'll be much worse in the NBA. Euroleague is overrated, the skills are just sub-par. In my opinion, the NCAA is of more quality. If Euro was so great, we'd take their players regularly, instead of them taking our 40 year old retirees.
<table id="tblPlayerPhaseStatistics" class="PlayerAccumulatedAveragesStatistics" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="PlayerGridRow"><td class="PlayerTitleColumn">

For Olympics, look here:

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08...son//teamnumber/362/fe_teamPlay_playStat.html

Rubio in the Olympics: 4 PPG, 3 ASSISTS, 2 Turnovers, on 32% FG's

</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>

Mark one up for common sense finally returning to KO.com. Smack in the middle the NCAA tourney and we are talking about Euroleague clowns??? Please. I would rather have Orlando Mendez-Valdez from Western Ky. running point for me than some cat that has never busted a grape on US soil. Any good young European player is more than welcome to come to the States, play in the major college hoops, get proper coaching and competition, and THEN go on to the NBA. But to hide in a third tier league getting paid and then wanna jump to the NBA for a bigger payday??? I am selling, not buying it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your comments are insane, when taken into context with what you've said before, as well as your response to my previous post.

#1. Rubio has played in two or three other seasons, and his numbers are either bad or mediocre, while playing in an inferior league. The link to the stats are posted, I think it's unreasonable for you and David Lee's girl to expect me to manually post all his stats. Going into the link and selectively posting a portion of what was there is lazy, dishonest and manipulative. And how does only playing five games prove that he's good. It might prove that he's not as bad as those numbers, but that's it.

#2. I've watched Rubio in quite a number of games, and he'd be a liability in the NBA, on defense and offense. This can be seen, when he makes horrible mistakes against Australia, Russia and other non-USA teams, nearly matching his assists with his turnovers. This is especially disconcerting in that Fernandez and Gasol, amongst others, all brought their numbers up, when compared to their NBA numbers, during the Olympics. And, again, just to be clear, contrary to your previous comment, he played against teams other than the USA, so don't try to back peddle now, by saying he was playing "the best teams in the world." In fact, that's not even true, because Olympic teams, other than the USA, are often not as good as the worst NBA teams, which has been proven numerous times, when they've played against some of our worst teams: for example, Macabbi Elite being slaughtered by the New York Knicks in 2007. And again, making excuses for a player doesn't make the player good.

#3. Calderon is only one player, he's not responsible for 12, or whatever number, of other grown men. And no, you don't need a 40 inch vertical leap in this league, obviously, but your boy, Rubio, can barely get off the floor, at only 6'3. And in the NBA, believe it or not, you do need jumping ability. Your previous post said "Rubio>>>>>Calderon" and that's just insane. Calderon is a proven player, with all-star level skills and talent, blazing speed, unparalleled ability to penetrate, great passing ability: 8.5 assists per game. How many point guards can average 8.5 assists? If the guy were playing in a bigger market, he would have made the all-star team, already.

#4. As for the Raptors, you again expose yourself as a bottomfeeder, with no ability to go beyond the most superficial pieces of information. Did you know that the Raptors made the playoffs, largely because of Calderon, on both of the past two seasons? You must not, because you seem to want to blame the man for the current Raptor season.

#5. Rubio might turn out to be a good player, just like you might someday be president of the United States. Please make clear that your hopes, including great white ones, and dreams are just that... hopes and dreams. He has a small chance of becoming great, at 6'3, with no speed or jumping ability, while being turnover prone, but it's really not likely. So many of you base your arguments on the tingling sensation you get from hearing a player's name or because someone in the media tells you that someone like Gallinari is great. Try to be logical, for once in your lives.

SMH@these clowns

*** Oh, and I don't want to hear that age BS that was used with Gallo, because if you're a top 10 pick, you're being drafted on the basis that you're better than most other players, regardless of age. Age is just an incidental fact, like shoe size or whatever. Otherwise, you'd see 15 year old 5 footers drafted on the basis of age. It's just a bad argument: these guys get drafted based upon belief in their skills.

Coldblooded!!!

JayJ44

Starter

Stats don't always tell the whole story. Euroleague plays for only 40 minutes, and isn't as offensive oriented as the NBA. The game there is more similar to the NBA in the 80's, it's more physical, and harder fouls are allowed. You can't take Euroleague stats, and compare them to NBA stats. They're just not comparable. Do you think all the NBA scouts that know he's going top 3 in the draft never noticed his stats? Of course not, they're just not relevant in this situation.

I never said he was playing the best teams in the world. Check my post, I said he was playing against the best players in the world, referring to the gold medal game against the USA.

BTW, Maccabi Elite isn't an Olympic team. It's a Euroleague team.

Granted, he isn't very athletic. But he makes up for it with his b-ball IQ and passing. Steve Nash can barely jump, but he does fine. Their games aren't dependent on jumping ability.

When I said that, I didn't mean right now. I meant when Rubio reaches his prime. It was a poor choice of words on my part.

Did you know that in the 06-07 season, he averaged 20 minutes a game, 9 points, and 5 assists, in a backup role for TJ Ford? He wasn't a large part of the Raptors playoff run that season.

I never blamed him for this season. I was just pointing out that he (and the entire Raptor team) are underachieving this season.

SMH@these clowns

You have your opinions on him, I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree...

jimkcchief88

All Star
lol @ you becoming a cheerleader because we had an argument in another thread.

Seriously I am not here to argue with anyone. I just don't see everyone's facination with the "Cock." Especially when you look at who we passed on to take him. Most of the 1st round picks taken before and after the Cock have outperformed him. You throw in the back problems and the relationship between D'antoni and the Cock's dad and this has bad pick written all over it. I know I sound like a broken record, but it will be impossible to rebuild this team missing on lottery picks.

JayJ44

Starter
Seriously I am not here to argue with anyone. I just don't see everyone's facination with the "Cock." Especially when you look at who we passed on to take him. Most of the 1st round picks taken before and after the Cock have outperformed him. You throw in the back problems and the relationship between D'antoni and the Cock's dad and this has bad pick written all over it. I know I sound like a broken record, but it will be impossible to rebuild this team missing on lottery picks.

We've talked enough about this. At this point, as I said to OGknickfan, let's just agree to disagree.