Should D-Lee sit out rest of year

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Just a question here.. Since we have been out of the playoffs since the Nets game should Dantoni,be safe and sit D-Lee out for the rest of the year b/c of his knees.I have been noticing for a few games now just how bad Lees knees are hurting and bothering him.He can't do anything out there on the court anymore with the ball and help his team.He is still a very young player and I think it would be stupid to play him anymore this year and take a chance of him possibly ruining his career.

I feel the same way about Harrington,he to should sit b/c he might get out there and tear his acl.I would'nt be bringing these questions up if we was in the playoff hunt but everybody knows we are out of that race.I would just rather see our players taken care of and let them heal up for next season.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Just a question here.. Since we have been out of the playoffs since the Nets game should Dantoni,be safe and sit D-Lee out for the rest of the year b/c of his knees.I have been noticing for a few games now just how bad Lees knees are hurting and bothering him.He can't do anything out there on the court anymore with the ball and help his team.He is still a very young player and I think it would be stupid to play him anymore this year and take a chance of him possibly ruining his career.

I feel the same way about Harrington,he to should sit b/c he might get out there and tear his acl.I would'nt be bringing these questions up if we was in the playoff hunt but everybody knows we are out of that race.I would just rather see our players taken care of and let them heal up for next season.

I know you are a big David Lee person but who cares what happens to him now or where this guy ends up in a few months.I have a feeling that he is going to demand a 10 million dollar contract and isn't even worth that money.Let him go to the Lakers and play along side Kobe and win a ring over there.

Kiyaman

Legend
David Lee....the $12M Dollar Man :afro:

Replacing Lee's presence with Rasheed will cost the Knicks $10M per, with Bosh $18M, with cry baby Amare $20M, or Boozer $21M.

David Lee would be a big SUCKER if he accepts anything under $12M per to play for coach Dantoni.

After the Nets & Kings game it would be wise to let David Lee start his vacation early to show he will be resigned this offseason.
It is time for $9M Eddy Curry to get some playingtime in the last 14 games of the season to see how well Duhon, Nate, Chandler, and Harrington welcome him in the offense as a replacement of Lee at Center.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Missing the silver lining

It is interesting to see fans abandoning ship.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened. Making the playoffs because the rest of the mediocre teams in the East suck would have done nothing for this team except inflated some egos and led to detrimental offseason demands from Lee and Robinson.

Gallo, Lee, and Duhon are broken down right now and need to heal. A serious playoff push could have led them to career-threatening injuries.

You cannot fairly judge the team's future by how they play with their core crippled but hurting the team trying to play.

Tanking the end here will give the Knicks a shot at a better draft pick, and a chance to pick up a difference maker. Blake Griiffin, Rick Rubio, or Greg Munroe are still very much long-shots. However, Hasheem Thabeet, Stephon Curry, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings or one of the other top ten picks all would still be able to help this team. If the Knicks don't land Thabeet, ideally they get a guard and trade for a shot-blocker like Dalembert (who is apparently unhappy).

I would prefer Okafor to Dalembert or Thabeet, but Charlotte is starting to play well enough that Okafor is likely not available.

Bottom line is that the Knicks have dumped a ton of bad contracts but still have a few left. Expecting a complete turnaround in one year was never realistic. Reality is that Walsh and D'Antoni have done a remarkable job so far. Live with that.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
David Lee....the $12M Dollar Man :afro:

Replacing Lee's presence with Rasheed will cost the Knicks $10M per, with Bosh $18M, with cry baby Amare $20M, or Boozer $21M.

David Lee would be a big SUCKER if he accepts anything under $12M per to play for coach Dantoni.

After the Nets & Kings game it would be wise to let David Lee start his vacation early to show he will be resigned this offseason.
It is time for $9M Eddy Curry to get some playingtime in the last 14 games of the season to see how well Duhon, Nate, Chandler, and Harrington welcome him in the offense as a replacement of Lee at Center.

amare is done. Besides there have been unconfirmed reports that his career is done

any player not under contract going into this off season will not be on the team at training camp next year, expect D lee or Nate to be used to move up in the draft, or for another draft pick. that way we dont lose them to free agency for nothing, but we also save in salary, and I believe there are ten better players in the draft than D Lee. dont make me name them you all know who they are. And nate will ask for around 10 mil promised, so they wont resign him on that note. Whether Lee sits or plays it does not matter, jared jefferies who is now also injured played better than any one else on the floor last night, which says allot about our leaders I.E D Lee. and Chris Duhon, not all be it mike D love or loved Duhon, but D lee, was not exactly his prime guy until Mike found a way to use him and abuse him in pick and rolls padding his stats every night, (trade bait politics there). either way, if you arent signed on for next season, dont expect to be in orange and blue next season, just the way Mike D and Walsh have been doing things so far, they seem adamant about 4 things right now, 1) salary cap 2) Mike D isnt going any where 3) Wilson chandler 4) Danillo gallinari.

those are the only 4 sure things going into next season.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I know you are a big David Lee person but who cares what happens to him now or where this guy ends up in a few months.I have a feeling that he is going to demand a 10 million dollar contract and isn't even worth that money.Let him go to the Lakers and play along side Kobe and win a ring over there.

So in other words you want him or anybody else on the Knicks thats hurt go out there and play and possibly shorten their careers or get hurt worst maybe ending their careers.Yes im a Lee fan but that should'nt matter.Whether he or any other player stays here or not should'nt matter.Their health is ten times more important than anythink else.I just don't see why any team would put their players at risk even more when the season is over.Thats just my opinion!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Just tank the season already, almost half of the team is injured including Lee, Gallinari, Duhon, Harrington, and Hughes. The team has hit a wall but I applaud their fight and grit because the team is going in the right direction. I'm positive that us Knicks fans will be rewarded great playoff years under D'antoni and Walsh starting in 2010-2011.

Can you imagine what D'antoni could do with a really good roster? This team currently constructed is just a horrible one and we might get to 35 wins. With a really good team we can easily win 55 games a year cuz Mike's system works as his team averaged 58 wins a year during his final four seasons at Phoenix. Just this year alone we didn't have the contributions of Marbury & Curry, Gallinari (missed 40 games), Jeffries (miss first 20 games). We also traded are two top scorers in Randolph and Crawford.

This upcoming offseason we will probably lose Lee and Nate to free agency, that is why this lottery pick is so important and trip to the playoffs is not. We need a big man in the draft and also continue to clear cap space by trading Lee/Nate for expiring contracts (similar to what the Bulls did when they traded Crawford in 2004 and Curry in 2005).