View Poll Results: Do you approve of D'Antoni??

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

4 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM

Veteran

Game Thread

The Knicks played a decent "Team-Ball" game vs the Magic....although the Knicks loss 103-110....Breen & Frazier could not help from repeating throughout the Magic game "What happen to the team that played against the Nets & Kings?".
    The Knicks scored 51 points in the second-half however....the Knicks fouling-defense only allowed the Magic to score 51 points in the second-half too.

Larry Hughes did not get any playingtime in the second-half of this Magic game....which gave "Duhon & Nate" back their main job they started at the start of the season of being the "Quarterback" and leaders at the point for this Knick team to be competitive vs any competition throughout the second-half of the Magic game.
    Larry Hughes averaging 31 minutes of playingtime in the Knicks last 15 Knick games as a "Starter and Finisher" took the Knicks out of the playoff race (13 games below .500)....plus had his teammates give-up performing as early as the first-quarter.....something every Knick-fan witness already in the last four seasons with "Marbury & Crawford" leading the point.
    All I can say is "Larry Hughes" left toe injury is 15 games late....Herb Williams & Q.Richardson should've spoke up weeks before the "Nets & Kings" game.

Wilcox performance showed that he was the best player we received during the trading deadline for this Knick team inwhich deserved decent playingtime to "JELL" with his new Knick teammates as a backup bigman. His low post performance on defense vs the Magic (6.10 and bigger 3-starters) made them spread out their offense to score from the peremeter to win this tight scoring game (Dwight Superman Howard fouled-out with 4 minutes left in the game).

P.S. It would've made alot of sense 16 games ago to add Wilcox 6-fouls, rebounding put-backs, and slashing to the hoop performance in our weak bigmen rotation of Lee, Harrington, and Jefferies....rather than just let him play in 12 games averaging 9 minutes of garbage time.

^^^ well Larry Hughes didnt play in the second half because he has an injured toe, but i agree about wilcox. Wilcox Has to be our starting center, he deserves it and he's not even gonna be here next year

If by approve you mean like his coaching style- after watching most of our games this season I'd say no I don't.

D'Antoni needs to learn to adapt and start running a more consistent half court attack. Stressing Defense wouldn't help, although he seems to be, he still doesn't have the right players yet (I Guess)

i know im late but this game thread defines perfection...great job jpz

we should use this for tonights game, since were playing the magic again.

ive said this since day one on this site, knicks are more fun to watch and more efficient with hughes inactivated

i'd be surprised if he plays another game

i'd **** myself actually

knicks should have won this game.

Lee's defense cost us this game....If Wilcox didnt foul out then this game would have gone the Knicks way. Chris Wilcox and Chandler were the only people that actually defended Howard were Lee is just watching the ball like a Highschool bench player.

If Lee is not resigned it's because of his atrocious defense that cost games like this one.

I was at the game tonight, and I don't know if the announcers commented on it but Nate Robinson made some straight up awful plays at the end of the game. Two possessions in a row, he dribbled out of control into traffic, while the Knicks were within one possession, and turned the ball over. Then on a third possession he jumped in the air without knowing what to do with it (a fundamental mistake). It's games like this that make me wary of making this guy our long term PG, he just seems to make these boneheaded plays sometimes. He doesn't really control his dribble all that well all of the time, and if we have to rely on this guy down the stretch to be under control...well...put it this way, I would rather trust someone else.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    knicks should have won this game.

Lee's defense cost us this game....If Wilcox didnt foul out then this game would have gone the Knicks way. Chris Wilcox and Chandler were the only people that actually defended Howard were Lee is just watching the ball like a Highschool bench player.

If Lee is not resigned it's because of his atrocious defense that cost games like this one.
    LMAO,its always Lees fault!! Was it lees fault that the Magic made so many threes in the forth? no!Was it lees fault that the Knicks guards could'nt stop their guys from driving to the basket? no! Was it lees fault that the Knicks could'nt make a ft the whole game? no! Was it Less fault that he has to guard a seven footer? No!

Its funny how you like to blame just one player for the lost when you watched the whole game.Did you watch the whole game? Its hard to believe you did when you only say one player lost the game.If they would have made their fts in the game the Knicks would have won its that simple!!Trust me I know Lee isn't very good defensivly but if you did'nt see the terrible defense that our guards played then you was'nt paying attention.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I was at the game tonight, and I don't know if the announcers commented on it but Nate Robinson made some straight up awful plays at the end of the game. Two possessions in a row, he dribbled out of control into traffic, while the Knicks were within one possession, and turned the ball over. Then on a third possession he jumped in the air without knowing what to do with it (a fundamental mistake). It's games like this that make me wary of making this guy our long term PG, he just seems to make these boneheaded plays sometimes. He doesn't really control his dribble all that well all of the time, and if we have to rely on this guy down the stretch to be under control...well...put it this way, I would rather trust someone else.
    I had to watch the orlando announcers but I seen those two plays that you was talking about.He shot a three point shot on one possession(terrible shot).Then like you said he drove to the basket out of control and lost the ball and orlando scored.

Veteran

Game Thread

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    LMAO,its always Lees fault!! Was it lees fault that the Magic made so many threes in the forth? no!Was it lees fault that the Knicks guards could'nt stop their guys from driving to the basket? no! Was it lees fault that the Knicks could'nt make a ft the whole game? no! Was it Less fault that he has to guard a seven footer? No!

Its funny how you like to blame just one player for the lost when you watched the whole game.Did you watch the whole game? Its hard to believe you did when you only say one player lost the game.If they would have made their fts in the game the Knicks would have won its that simple!!Trust me I know Lee isn't very good defensivly but if you did'nt see the terrible defense that our guards played then you was'nt paying attention.
    Cosign

Wilcox fouled out of the game in 17 minutes of playingtime defending the paint from all the Magics guards and Fowards that went passed their Knicks defenders.
    I liked Wilcox defensive tenacity jumping in the lane for the block (Jefferies need to do the same), but it leads to early foul-trouble when only one player is defending the paint on a No-Defensive team.
    Our coach dont teach or preach team-defense, or have defensive strategy like coach Riley, JVG, or Don Nelson.

The paint should be defended by the Center, PF, and SF, not just one player (David Lee) all game.
    Isiah Thomas biggest mistake was trading for offense-only Bigmen C-Curry, PF-Mo Taylor, PF-Zach, SF-Tim Thomas, and SF-Q.Rich, players that high salary says they are 30 minute players.

David Lee would have fouled-out early just like Wilcox did if he tried to defend all the players that beat their man off the dribble slashing to the lane.

I LUV the idea of Larry Hughes getting DNP!
    Nate gave us a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr. then did some stupid move that sent Johnson to the foul line....but Dantoni jumping up and down yelling and screaming at Nate after that incident took away Nate's energy and the Knicks 10 point lead.

After watching this game, It finally sunk in for me tonight... The Knicks next year, are gonna be a totally different team... I would say almost every player with the exception of maybe 4-5 will be back and the rest will be gone.. These knicks of 2008-09 are dead as we know them... Their days are numbered... And losses like these to the magic, Kings, Nets etc (winable games against mediocre teams) makes me want to end the season right now.. Haven't we suffered enough? Change is needed.. D'antoni has shown he can get alot out of mediocre talent... We need to build for him..

I enjoyed the game thread, Jpz, great work

these two games showed how competitive we can be, as well as how lazy we play against weaker teams. if we had played like this against the nets and sac-town we would have gone 2-2 in the last 4 games.

we got close again in this one, but too many mistakes in the fourth. hopefully we continue to play hard until the end of the season. show the NBA what we're about.