Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dannio decides on Surgery

Default Dannio decides on Surgery

Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari is expected to have season-ending surgery on his back, according to a source close to the situation.

The surgical procedure would reportedly be much less invasive than standard disc surgeries, and he should be ready to play in the Las Vegas Summer League in July. The Knicks will meet with Gallinari and more doctors before making an announcement later in the week.

Do you have a link? Or did you see it on TV? Man I hope and pray he comes out ok... These back surgeries are tricky..

rotoworld -- confirmed this morning...

says -- he should be back for summer league to work out

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Going by this article it looks like he will have the less invasive surgery, so hopefully it will get him at 100% for next season. They're still in discussions but with them almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs it looks like they will go with this option.

I can feel a million great White hopes deferred, excused to continue on at a later date, through the grace of the excuse offered to them by this surgery.

Gallinari=Weiss in '09-'10

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I can feel a million great White hopes deferred, excused to continue on at a later date, through the grace of the excuse offered to them by this surgery.

Great White Hopes? Please elaborate

By the way thanks for the links!

I knew I would find you and your enlightened opinion here. Does this mean we get a refund? Lol at the moron in the post above who needs an explaination of another "Great White Hype" ahhhh....Knicks fans at their best.

Superstar

Default Every Knick Fan's "Hope."

Every true Knicks fan, white or non-white, should "hope" an early Knicks first round pick, whether white or non-white, recovers from an injury and reaches his potential.

Unfortunately, with respect to Gallinari, all we have is hope. But, please, lets not compare him to Weis. If Gallinari never plays again, he is still better than Weis ever was. And neither Lopez nor Augustin will ever be the equivalent of Artest who was still available when Tapscott picked Weis.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If Gallinari never plays again, he is still better than Weis ever was. .
    why is he better then weis?? cause he played in 1/2 dozen games??

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    Every true Knicks fan, white or non-white, should "hope" an early Knicks first round pick, whether white or non-white, recovers from an injury and reaches his potential.

Unfortunately, with respect to Gallinari, all we have is hope. But, please, lets not compare him to Weis. If Gallinari never plays again, he is still better than Weis ever was. And neither Lopez nor Augustin will ever be the equivalent of Artest who was still available when Tapscott picked Weis.
    Says who? It's funny how people on this forum want to give Gallinari, D'Antoni's godson, all of these excuses, and then, with a kid that's actually a top center, in his first year, there's all of this cynicism.

Lopez, first of all, cannot be easily compared to Artest, because Artest is essentially a wing player, while Brook is strictly a center. Their impact on a team is very different. If you compare impact, Artest can only help defend the perimeter and is a streaky scorer, with mediocre rebounding. Lopez gives you lowpost scoring, consistently: turnarounds, hooks, drop step, etc., basically high percentage points, as well as jumpshooting. He can also rebound, block shots and play the pick and roll as well as any other big in this league. His help D is great.

Essentially, Brook gives you more, in one player, than Artest does. He certainly gives you more than Gallinari does.

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Great White Hopes? Please elaborate

By the way thanks for the links!
    The hopes of all of the people that, for whatever reason, including racial discrimination, subconscious or not, disproportionately show support to any coach or player that happens to be Caucasian. On this site, it's been seen on numerous occasions: just look at any D'Antoni, David Lee or Gallinari thread.

Even when these men show incompetence, they aren't criticized. If any Black player has a bad game, they're trashed: "trade him," "they're horrible," bla bla bla. Although some of our players are slick enough to know who to kiss up to, so that no one, whether in this forum or in others, or in the mainstream press, trashes them, i.e. Q and his relationship with D'Antoni.

The hopes of all of the people that, for whatever reason, including racial discrimination, subconscious or not, disproportionately show support to any coach or player that happens to be Caucasian. On this site, it's been seen on numerous occasions: just look at any D'Antoni, David Lee or Gallinari thread.

Even when these men show incompetence, they aren't criticized. If any Black player has a bad game, they're trashed: "trade him," "they're horrible," bla bla bla. Although some of our players are slick enough to know who to kiss up to, so that no one, whether in this forum or in others, or in the mainstream press, trashes them, i.e. Q and his relationship with D'Antoni.
    You've just furthered racial discrimination by talking about it...Good job.

Veteran

well some posters i guess are blinded by the 'white... i mean 'light'

its sickening, but true

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You've just furthered racial discrimination by talking about it...Good job.
    Hes not furthering it. Hes telling things as he sees it.

OG, sad thing is with the exception of many Trade Lee idea, i think you're right.