Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: D.Lee plays D List Defense worthy of D League!

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default D.Lee plays D List Defense worthy of D League!

    Ok so all of us virtual GMs think that David Lee is worth about 10 million per (I've even heard some say as high as 12) because of his rebounding and ability to finish around the rim. Also he plays hard every night and plays hurt. I've heard some compare him to a more athletic version of my All Time favorite Knick, Charles Oak!

    Ok, both were/are double double machines, about the same range on the jumper (Oak was a bit more consistent, but, David is steadily improving), both are/were hardworkers. But defensively it is like comparing Jamal Crawford to Derek Harper!

    David Lee is an actual one on one liability on Defense. Now it is one thing to get dominated by Dwight Howard, but, Brook Lopez looked like Hakeem against him the other night. Again you can't fault him for Dwight'ss numbers last night, but, how about some help Defense on the othe Magic players occasionally! For all his athleticism the guy never goes after a block.

    I'd be all for giving him 10+ if we had a player like Yao, or Tim Duncan to pair him with. David Lee needs a frontcourt partner like Yao or Tim because they can provide low post scoring and blocks which would compliment his game, or rather he would compliment their game!

    Teams like SA,Hou,Portland,Utah would greatly benefit from a player like Lee. And unless Eddy comes ready to play like he did in 2007 and is going to block shots like his Sophomre season then David Lee is nothing more than a trade chip for us.


    Donnie Walsh showed nice patience in not giving the extension this past Oct. and he needs to be poised this summer, because if we don't some how pick up a shot blocking low post scorer via draft or trade then giving D. Less...I mean D.Lee an extension that adversely affects the cap is not too wise!

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Ok so all of us virtual GMs think that David Lee is worth about 10 million per (I've even heard some say as high as 12) because of his rebounding and ability to finish around the rim. Also he plays hard every night and plays hurt. I've heard some compare him to a more athletic version of my All Time favorite Knick, Charles Oak!

    Ok, both were/are double double machines, about the same range on the jumper (Oak was a bit more consistent, but, David is steadily improving), both are/were hardworkers. But defensively it is like comparing Jamal Crawford to Derek Harper!

    David Lee is an actual one on one liability on Defense. Now it is one thing to get dominated by Dwight Howard, but, Brook Lopez looked like Hakeem against him the other night. Again you can't fault him for Dwight'ss numbers last night, but, how about some help Defense on the othe Magic players occasionally! For all his athleticism the guy never goes after a block.

    I'd be all for giving him 10+ if we had a player like Yao, or Tim Duncan to pair him with. David Lee needs a frontcourt partner like Yao or Tim because they can provide low post scoring and blocks which would compliment his game, or rather he would compliment their game!

    Teams like SA,Hou,Portland,Utah would greatly benefit from a player like Lee. And unless Eddy comes ready to play like he did in 2007 and is going to block shots like his Sophomre season then David Lee is nothing more than a trade chip for us.


    Donnie Walsh showed nice patience in not giving the extension this past Oct. and he needs to be poised this summer, because if we don't some how pick up a shot blocking low post scorer via draft or trade then giving D. Less...I mean D.Lee an extension that adversely affects the cap is not too wise!
    Yes, but we will need to re-sign him for the sign & trade clause or we're completely fingered & will be palming him off for absolutely nothing.

    The question is, how much do we sign that cheque for?

    If Donnie plans on making a trade, he will have already decided the amount & been on the phone to make sure the money numbers match as fittingly as possible.

    My suggestion was that we pay Lee $8-9m/year for 5 years (approx $42m total) & then trade both him and Harrington to Toronto for Chris Bosh.

    The main point being that the salaries match almost to the dollar. Donnie is famous for being shrewd & direct & will no doubt have a number of alternatives for marketing almost every player on the roster. The thing is, now is the very best time to trade either N8, Harrington & or Lee.

    The re-signing contracts of Nate & Lee are going to be very interesting to see unfold this off-season. Whether or not Harrington is traded is another topic of interest.

    In fact, the vast majority of the team could well be playing in Bosnia next year for all we know. Everybody bar Curry, Jeffries, Chandler, Gallinari, Duhon & Q Rich are (imo) sporting big question marks above their heads.

    Obviously, David Lee is the player to watch in the off-season.

    Will Donnie pay him too much to get burned on D?

    Will Lee accept a low(ish) pay packet?

    Will he be traded for the greater good?

    ****ing beats me!!!!!!!!??????

    Either way I'll remain a fan.

  3. #3
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    "AVI" Lee is no more than a bench player. even 8 mil is too much for him.

    he's 6' 9 and can't play defense? wtf?

    he's the most one dimensional starter we have. (oh sorry, I forgot about duhon)

    i suggest we do ship him out in a sign and trade, like crazy8s said, that way we can bring in some talent that can actually do more than just put his hands up on defense.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    "AVI" Lee is no more than a bench player. even 8 mil is too much for him.

    he's 6' 9 and can't play defense? wtf?

    he's the most one dimensional starter we have. (oh sorry, I forgot about duhon)

    i suggest we do ship him out in a sign and trade, like crazy8s said, that way we can bring in some talent that can actually do more than just put his hands up on defense.
    Height has nothing to do with a player's defensive abilities. Look at Bargniarni (SP) he's 7 feet tall and canot play D.
    Your point is valid though, Lee plays no defense at all, and its puzzling because he hustles on offense and getting boards, but it seems like he is flat out lazy on D. So it goes against his character, its strange to me.
    That said, i'd give him 8, maybe 9 per at the most. He still gets you 12 boards, which is still premium in this league. What he needs is a shot blocking center, who can erase his mistakes. If the Knicks can get that, Lee's liability can be hidden. I pray we can get Thabeet or Chandler, it would solidify this team.

  5. #5
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lee isn't lazy on defense. He tries mad hard. He just has slow feet.

    Thats it. Thats the big difference. He has slow lateral quickness. If you can't move laterally, you can't stay in front of your man and he just goes around you. Thats exactly what happens with David. He gets blown by because he can't stay in front of him, or just gets place in a bad position defensively because he can't keep up.

    Get quicker feet David. Now!

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Ok so all of us virtual GMs think that David Lee is worth about 10 million per (I've even heard some say as high as 12) because of his rebounding and ability to finish around the rim. Also he plays hard every night and plays hurt. I've heard some compare him to a more athletic version of my All Time favorite Knick, Charles Oak!

    Ok, both were/are double double machines, about the same range on the jumper (Oak was a bit more consistent, but, David is steadily improving), both are/were hardworkers. But defensively it is like comparing Jamal Crawford to Derek Harper!

    David Lee is an actual one on one liability on Defense. Now it is one thing to get dominated by Dwight Howard, but, Brook Lopez looked like Hakeem against him the other night. Again you can't fault him for Dwight'ss numbers last night, but, how about some help Defense on the othe Magic players occasionally! For all his athleticism the guy never goes after a block.

    I'd be all for giving him 10+ if we had a player like Yao, or Tim Duncan to pair him with. David Lee needs a frontcourt partner like Yao or Tim because they can provide low post scoring and blocks which would compliment his game, or rather he would compliment their game!

    Teams like SA,Hou,Portland,Utah would greatly benefit from a player like Lee. And unless Eddy comes ready to play like he did in 2007 and is going to block shots like his Sophomre season then David Lee is nothing more than a trade chip for us.


    Donnie Walsh showed nice patience in not giving the extension this past Oct. and he needs to be poised this summer, because if we don't some how pick up a shot blocking low post scorer via draft or trade then giving D. Less...I mean D.Lee an extension that adversely affects the cap is not too wise!
    Honestly having Lee defending has now become a big liability. he is absolutely horrible on defense. has no awarness and absolutely no aggression or willingness to block a shot. He is 6'9 and will always let the smaller or bigger man get passed him. Lee is an offensive player that is a rebounding machine, plain and simple.

    Lee should be resigned due to his great work ethic and improvement that he shows every year and for his great numbers. If he is traded, then it is either for a huge defensive upgrade or someone that is a deadly 3 point shooter that can help us whenever we go in our shooting drouts.

    Put Lee with a shot blocking center and his defense is no longer a huge liability. If you have David Lee as your center....then your giving the big men an easy oppurtunity to score.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,663
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Lee isn't lazy on defense. He tries mad hard. He just has slow feet.
    !
    lee is co-starring along with zepole canolli in my new movie
    'whitemen have slow feet'... it's a romantic comedy

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    lee is co-starring along with zepole canolli in my new movie
    'whitemen have slow feet'... it's a romantic comedy
    lol It's funny how people always make excuses for great white hopes.

  9. #9
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This guy literally watches guys run past him and does nothing but gently paw at them. He did it, last night, a few times. If I had a guy like him on my team, he'd get yelled at, because he plays no damn help D, doesn't even try.

  10. #10
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Lee is already gone, despite his numbers, Mike D didnt want this guy going into this season, and he doesnt want him coming out of it. I say this due to the fact that Lee really does not fit into this offense, he bricks and air balls half of his jumpers, and his passing ability is over rated, his rebounding is high because well there isnt any one else on this team who rebounds other than him, his defense sucks, and he has slow feet, and poor latteral movement, hes being over used which is why his numbers are the way they are, and umm bad knees at 26 is a bad sign. you can package him with curry with out having to sign him, along with our lottery pick to move up a few spots on draft night. so we dont have to resign him to trade him, we just have to get rid of him before he takes money that doesnt belong to him.

  11. #11
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Honestly having Lee defending has now become a big liability. he is absolutely horrible on defense. has no awarness and absolutely no aggression or willingness to block a shot. He is 6'9 and will always let the smaller or bigger man get passed him. Lee is an offensive player that is a rebounding machine, plain and simple.

    Lee should be resigned due to his great work ethic and improvement that he shows every year and for his great numbers. If he is traded, then it is either for a huge defensive upgrade or someone that is a deadly 3 point shooter that can help us whenever we go in our shooting drouts.

    Put Lee with a shot blocking center and his defense is no longer a huge liability. If you have David Lee as your center....then your giving the big men an easy oppurtunity to score.


    haha dude, put any one with a shot blocking center and their defense is no longer a huge liability, problem is we have no shot blocker, and DLEE sucks on Defense. so that doesnt solve anything because we dont have the answer, and we probably wont with Mike D running the show.

  12. #12
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    David Lee should have been packaged with Eddy Curry for expiring contracts and a draft pick, prior to the trade deadline. I was saying that the Knicks should trade Lee for the longest, not because he sucks, but because there is no way the Knicks will be able to re-sign Lee this offseason. Teams are going to offer Lee a lot of money, because a lot of GMs don't actually watch players before they sign or trade for them. They just look at boxscores and video tapes, which can be deceiving. Now, the Knicks are going to lose Lee for nothing, when they could have traded him for capspace and either a first or second round pick.

  13. #13
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol It's funny how people always make excuses for great white hopes.
    there is no such thing as a great white hope in my opinion...

  14. #14
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    there is no such thing as a great white hope in my opinion...
    Frederic Weis!!!!







    (I'm kidding)

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,663
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    don't ever mention coach mike and "D" in the same sentence... they just don't go together..

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 21:19
  2. Knicks roster evaluation, any complete players?
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2007, 12:31
  3. What's Wrong With The League 2
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 11:11
  4. Today In NBA
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2005, 11:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •