New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 3/25/2009

Who's the best player on the Knicks?

• Total voters

th3realicon

Rotation player
We are pathetic. I give up, heartbreack after heartbreak. We really don't deserve this.

Man the 2010 plan better pan out. This team needs a winner. This city needs basketball to once again be relevant.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
We are pathetic. I give up, heartbreack after heartbreak. We really don't deserve this.

Man the 2010 plan better pan out. This team needs a winner. This city needs basketball to once again be relevant.
Basketball Will Always be relevant in New York City... Having a winning basketball team in the city would only help amplify and glorify it. Its really starting to depress me that we are gonna miss the playoffs again... It hurts even more tonight because of the point streetdreams21 brought up, about the losing record at home... Sad... Really Sad.. The Knicks Will Rise Again... Gotta keep the faith! thats what being a knick fan is all about!

Scribbles

Rotation player
You guys still follow these games?

I'm just hoping lady luck can bounce the ping pong balls in our favor.

Imagine.....Blake Griffin. Gosh! Even his hair matches the franchise. I could careless about 2010 and LeBron if we get Blake. That would be a dream.

This decade has just been horrible for the Knicks, it can only get better.

When's the lottery? It can't get any sooner.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Just saw the clip of the dunk....

WTF!?! BAD, BAD CALL BY THE REFS! He really did hang to avoid the guy underneath him.

**** David Stern and his soft ass league rules. The NBA's weak play is so pathetic these days.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
if al harrington had half a brain in his ugly ass dome he wouldve got right off that rim like every knick fan who was watching the game, told him to.

I agree with you on that... Bad call or not Harrington held and pulled up on the rim.Thats a no no exspecially if you already done it once before.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
MSG used to be a place where people were scared to play in. Now its a place where people score carrier highs and break records, its ridiculous

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I havent watched em in 7 or 8 games now...i check in everyonce in a while on nba.com to see the score...but what's the deal, are they really tanking it now to get a better pick..

Kiyaman

Legend
I havent watched em in 7 or 8 games now...i check in everyonce in a while on nba.com to see the score...but what's the deal, are they really tanking it now to get a better pick..

Hell Yeah! they are "TANKING" the season....especially at Home-Games.
Giving Larry Hughes 28 minutes of playingtime is the same as giving Jerome James 28 minutes.

Nate the Great was eating the no-defense Clippers up alive to pump up the Knicks to score 44 points in the first quarter. And Dantoni benches Nate the rest of the game not letting Nate play the last 11 minutes of the game.
Nate had 17 minutes of playingtime vs Clippers.

Without Hughes in the rotation....Nate, Chandler, and Lee could beat the New Orleans Hornets....so dont be suprise at that Knick win.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hell Yeah! they are "TANKING" the season....especially at Home-Games.
Giving Larry Hughes 28 minutes of playingtime is the same as giving Jerome James 28 minutes.

Nate the Great was eating the no-defense Clippers up alive to pump up the Knicks to score 44 points in the first quarter. And Dantoni benches Nate the rest of the game not letting Nate play the last 11 minutes of the game.
Nate had 17 minutes of playingtime vs Clippers.

Without Hughes in the rotation....Nate, Chandler, and Lee could beat the New Orleans Hornets....so dont be suprise at that Knick win.

There not tanking because no professional sports team actually tanks games but in reality we might as well tank games. We have no hope for the playoffs so the more we lose the more ping pong balls we have. At this point i highly doubt i'll watch another game this season so i really don't care if they win or lose.

And Kiya can Nate, Cahndler, or Lee do anything wrong in your mind.

Nate turned the ball over and played absolutely no defense like always thats why he didn't play the end of the game.

Lee continued his push to be named the NBA's worst defensive player.

And Chandler showed again he'll be a nice player but far from an actual building block.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Dude...your posts have been getting progressively more ridiculous. Let's just play Nate, Chandler and Lee, as a 3 on 5 for 48 min a game, the rest of the season. We'll make the playoffs and sweep everybody to win a championship.

GetRealistic

Starter
Dude...your posts have been getting progressively more ridiculous. Let's just play Nate, Chandler and Lee, as a 3 on 5 for 48 min a game, the rest of the season. We'll make the playoffs and sweep everybody to win a championship.

Watch out. Kiya likes to claim his pin point posting and over the top antics got him booted from many Knicks forums.. My question is what does he have to do to get booted from this forum?

Courtney Simms and D Nich are the front runners for summer league MVP next season. So we got that going for us right Kiya?

Kiyaman

Legend
There not tanking because no professional sports team actually tanks games but in reality we might as well tank games. We have no hope for the playoffs so the more we lose the more ping pong balls we have. At this point i highly doubt i'll watch another game this season so i really don't care if they win or lose.

And Kiya can Nate, Cahndler, or Lee do anything wrong in your mind.

Nate turned the ball over and played absolutely no defense like always thats why he didn't play the end of the game.

Lee continued his push to be named the NBA's worst defensive player.

And Chandler showed again he'll be a nice player but far from an actual building block.

Reallistic....I thought u would've seen it comming....lets say the Knicks get a 1 to 8 lottery pick in this 2009 draft, whomever we select can not improve or help this Knick team when there is so many missing positions vacant in this season rotation.
Plus add the lost of energy 6th-man PG/SG-Nate and double-double C/F-Lee to the list of positions that will be vacant too and have to be filled this offseason (FA).....we will have a 2009-10 roster worst than any of Layden & Isiah roster put together next season (15 win season).....I feel for the Knicks 2009 draft pick b/c of the Knick teammates he will have to put up with for 82 games next season....when top teams will trade with other top teams b/c of all the FA in the 2010 FA.

Look at the Knick players that will be on the 2009-10 roster that the 2009 draft pick will have to put up with:

Larry Hughes 29 minutes of playingtime is the same as giving Jerome James 29 minutes.
Q.Richardson
Jefferies
Curry
Gallinari healing process from back surgery will take 82 games next season.
Chandler will be the number-one player asked for in any trade with the knicks.
Harrington pulling himself up on the rim like its a chin-bar rather than just hang on the rim till Thorton get from under him was a tanking-joke.
The only people that believe Duhon was a defensive guard was all the Knick-fans that read Isola article on Duhon's signing.
Duhon is a pass-first PG....inwhich we watch practically every guard this season beat him off the dribble the Bucks PG/SG-Session ate Duhon up worst than Andre Miller did in both those preseason games....that is why Marbury & Zach should've played all 82 games this season for the Knicks (Mardy Collins 10 minute defense was surely missed this season).

GetRealistic

Starter
Reallistic....I thought u would've seen it comming....lets say the Knicks get a 1 to 8 lottery pick in this 2009 draft, whomever we select can not improve or help this Knick team when there is so many missing positions vacant in this season rotation.
Plus add the lost of energy 6th-man PG/SG-Nate and double-double C/F-Lee to the list of positions that will be vacant too and have to be filled this offseason (FA).....we will have a 2009-10 roster worst than any of Layden & Isiah roster put together next season (15 win season).....I feel for the Knicks 2009 draft pick b/c of the Knick teammates he will have to put up with for 82 games next season....when top teams will trade with other top teams b/c of all the FA in the 2010 FA.

Look at the Knick players that will be on the 2009-10 roster that the 2009 draft pick will have to put up with:

Larry Hughes 29 minutes of playingtime is the same as giving Jerome James 29 minutes.
Q.Richardson
Jefferies
Curry
Gallinari healing process from back surgery will take 82 games next season.
Chandler will be the number-one player asked for in any trade with the knicks.
Harrington pulling himself up on the rim like its a chin-bar rather than just hang on the rim till Thorton get from under him was a tanking-joke.
The only people that believe Duhon was a defensive guard was all the Knick-fans that read Isola article on Duhon's signing.
Duhon is a pass-first PG....inwhich we watch practically every guard this season beat him off the dribble the Bucks PG/SG-Session ate Duhon up worst than Andre Miller did in both those preseason games....that is why Marbury & Zach should've played all 82 games this season for the Knicks (Mardy Collins 10 minute defense was surely missed this season).

I completely understand that next year will be more of the same. The only reason we will improve is because we won't have made 4 major trades during the regular season. But the fact you seem to miss is that Q, Hughes, Duhon and Harrington will be on the last years of their contracts which makes them gone after the season clearing up a ton of money or makes them extremly tradeable to other teams that would be trying to dump salary (Bosh, Melo, Etc). We also have the mid level exception that can be backloaded and really won't affect the future salary cap.

Next seasons honest goal should be to maybe make the playoffs but the real goal is to get Curry and or Jefferies traded which could easily happen if we package them with expiring contracts or use them in a sign and trade with Nate or Lee.

Next years roster will have Gallinari, Chandler, Expiring Contracts, Lee or Nate, the mid level exception, and this years top 10 pick.

I'll take that compared to the roster we had to start the season anyday.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Quit it with the racist crap already. Move on.

When you punks decide to move on, and start treating situations, and players, with some level of parity, then I'll move on. I know it bothers you: parity and someone calling for it, but I really don't care if it does.

I want to see a thread where someone calls for castrating or killing David Lee or Gallinari. I've seen numerous posts calling for that stuff, in regards to Black players. I guarantee you, if it ever happened, you'd see about 5 guys come to Lee's defense. It's really disgusting, how little people have truly changed, inside. The web, where they can hide behind the computer monitor, while showing bias, exposes them.

Take Care

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
When you punks decide to move on, and start treating situations, and players, with some level of parity, then I'll move on. I know it bothers you: parity and someone calling for it, but I really don't care if it does.

I want to see a thread where someone calls for castrating or killing David Lee or Gallinari. I've seen numerous posts calling for that stuff, in regards to Black players.

Take Care

Umm. I haven't called for anybody to be castrated or killed. That's over the top. Plus, I think he was venting sarcastically after a stupid play. If Lee had been the one to be so stupid, then I would have called him out on it too.

There are several posts and threads about trading Lee and Gallinari being a bust. But for some reason you are preoccupied with race. You bring it up all the time. Do you hate white people?