What's dumber than Al Harrington?

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Al Harrington is not that good. He does stupid things. i would have liked to have crawford here this year. we have lagged at the SG position and have been overloaded with PFs.

LeFlume

All Star
but most of you here would rather have this current team without Crawford instead of possibly playoff team with him, right?

Crawford would not have made much difference. With him on the floor we would have seen much less of Nate. I'm not so sure we would have won more games with him than we have now. Like some already pointed out. He is bottom of the barrel when it comes to efficiency. He can shoot when he is on which is about every 10th game or so. The other 9 he shoots 3 for 21.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Have to admit, I laughed when they called the T. We need losses so it's really not a big deal. We're not that far away from Toronto and Golden State and can end up with the 7th worst record. Al Harrington won't be here in 2010. He'll probably get traded this summer. He's in his prime and has an expiring contract. He can help some Playoff team off the bench.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
al harrington shouldnt have gotten that tech yesterday, al thornton did walk under em and i seen shaq do worst

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I posted this a while back, it all came true. Not overwhelmingly true, but clearly (in my book) this guy should be shipped for all (hopefully more than) he's worth.

Hanging on the hoop like a Gibbon isn't a real indicator of his lack of worth, but it's just another bruise on his resume.

When it comes to what I've been saying lately, this speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Harrington

I watched the game and focussed on the several replays of Harrington's dunk. He should not have been T'd up. As he was making the dunk, Thornton, who had given him the baseline, turned and passed under him. Harrington must have sensed his presence, because Thornton was in fact there and right under him as Harrington was making the shot. Unless Harrington had his eyes only on Thornton, and not on his shot, there is no way he could have known that Thornton had quickly moved out of bounds. In any event, Thornton was still quite close when Harrington came down.

But Harrington is an enigma. Sometimes he is absolutely unstoppable. He is very strong, very quick and can shoot. He just does not have his "A" game consistently enough.

JayJ44

Starter
As others have said, you can't blame Harrington for this tech. Al Thorton walked under him, so he pulled himself up to avoid him. He didn't slap the backboard, or anything like that. The refs ****ed up, and we didn't play a very good game to begin with. Besides, who cares at this point in the season? We should be hoping for losses for a higher pick. I know it's hard to root for your favorite team to lose, but it's the best thing for the franchise.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
After seeing the play again, That one Clipper was in fact in his VICINITY- does not mean he was under him, nor does it mean Al Harrington had no choice but to hang on the rim.

Even homer Gus Johnson admitted he couldnt say for sure.

Anyway, they better lose every game from here on out. James Harden, here we come.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Doesnt mean shit when you lose, especially when it was ultimately his fault.

i wasnt pointing out his stats to glorify him smarty, read the entire post before you get at me

i posted his stats to say he played a hell of a game and got a cheap tech, and everyone is all over him. what about the rest of the team? the last play isnt always the most important. we let them outscore us....the clippers....

Toons

is the Bo$$
After seeing the play again, That one Clipper was in fact in his VICINITY- does not mean he was under him, nor does it mean Al Harrington had no choice but to hang on the rim.

Even homer Gus Johnson admitted he couldnt say for sure.

Anyway, they better lose every game from here on out. James Harden, here we come.

Have u ever dunked a ball in your life?? I can dunk, and i dont have the speed, or weight harrington has, which mean his momentum is gonna make him swing. If he lands on with a lot of momentum, there goes an ankle, a knee, or thorton could have caused a terrible fall. When ur making millions for your talent, risking your body is out of the question. If harry "sensed" thorton was near, he has to hang until he sees he can land. BAD CALL...BAD THREAD....KNICKS ALL DAY EVERYDAY

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Have u ever dunked a ball in your life?? I can dunk, and i dont have the speed, or weight harrington has, which mean his momentum is gonna make him swing. If he lands on with a lot of momentum, there goes an ankle, a knee, or thorton could have caused a terrible fall. When ur making millions for your talent, risking your body is out of the question. If harry "sensed" thorton was near, he has to hang until he sees he can land. BAD CALL...BAD THREAD....KNICKS ALL DAY EVERYDAY

James Dolan might wanna look into you for his PR team. You dont need to even play basketball your whole life to know the rules. He hung on the rim! Either he can't control his emotions, or he's just plain stupid.

jesus christ bro, i love the Knicks as much as any die hard fan but I'm not gonna excuse stupidity. Harrington is a loser basketball player. Just like Jamal Crawford. Just like Nate Robinson (love the guy, but he will never know how to win)

Enough is enough. I'm really sick of getting these type of players on this team. Its great that the culture of management was finally changed with a competent GM and coach, but now its all about the players.

Its not just about hanging on the rim. Its about not fouling players when you have a foul to give against Portland. Little stupid shits like that that really make you sick to your stomach. D'Antoni might have took the blame for that game, but you have to expect the players to know what the hell is going on.

Paul1355

All Star
I posted this a while back, it all came true. Not overwhelmingly true, but clearly (in my book) this guy should be shipped for all (hopefully more than) he's worth.

Hanging on the hoop like a Gibbon isn't a real indicator of his lack of worth, but it's just another bruise on his resume.

What a tool.

This is what ESPN's Seth Landman had to say:

There are major pros and cons to Harrington right now, and I'll use this chance to mention that the most similar at-age player on his Hollinger stats page right now is Tim Thomas, which is never a good sign. But one thing is definitely true: His value will never be higher. He's coming off the hottest streak of his career, he's killing it from the 3-point line, and he's making his free throws for the first time. He's likely going to do two things extremely well the rest of the season in New York: hit 3s and score points.

If you have some breathing room in those categories, Harrington might be able to net you someone less streaky who helps you more across the board.

Trading him might be a good idea; as hot as he is right now, the one thing I learned in going back through his game logs for every season of his career is there is a cold spell coming. It is inevitable.

Harrington is the offensive go to guy right now...if someone steps up and is consistent offensively...then maybe his numbers and game will drop...I think he is on a "hot" streak because he is playing for his favorite team, with a well liked coach...his confidence is through the roof.