I hope those 103 names come out

LeFlume

All Star
New York Daily News - Alex Rodriguez had to admit his transgressions after it was revealed that he was one of the 104 players that tested positive for steroids during an anonymous test in 2003.

However, he doesn't want his fellow players to go through the same ordeal.

"Well this is really about my mistake," Rodriguez said. "You know, many nights I fell asleep thinking about who I can blame, and this guy, or that guy. And when I woke up I kept coming back to the same person - it's me. I mean, there's no one to blame. I hope those 103 names never come out."

Big Fat disgusting Ortiz and The Rest of the Stinking Red Sox get's a pass again. It's always Yankee players who get's the blame. Of the 120 names in the Mitchell report only one was indited, Roger Clemens. Of the 104 names on this list only one was named. Alex Rodriguez..

I wanna know dammit. Name them. I wanna see, I hate when my Red Sox's friends always talks about Yankees/Money/Roids. I wanna shove it up their asses with Big Fat Papi and Varitek.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I agree with what you said about how the yankees always take the brunt of bad media. A-rod, Clemens, Steroids, "Buying" players (which is bullshit). What people fail to realize is, if it wasn't for the yankees being able to acquire Babe Ruth's Contract in 1920... There might not even be baseball today... They took the best player put him on the biggest stage and in a matter of time Baseball became Americas Most beloved Game. Fast Forward 90+ years later and the media and fans do nothing but criticize and humiliate the greatest sports franchise in the world. "They Harvest Steroid Users" "They Cheat" "They Buy Their Players" The nonsense is never ending. The Yankees Have Always Been The Battering Ram For Media Scrutiny. Its been documented in books, TV, Magazines, Whatever you want to say... But the next time someone says "The Yankees are Bad For Baseball" - Kindly remind them that, If it wasn't for The Yankees There would be No Major League Baseball Today. And thats a fact.

As far as the names coming out? What good is it gonna do? More Shame for baseball? Why bother? MLB Got who they wanted in A-rod and the yankees.. IMO lets limit this embarassment and try to re do the Image of Baseball. Its gone through enough the past 10 years.

TunerAddict

Starter
Yankees aren't the greatest sports franchise in the world...You're way too ethnocentric in that regard.

I'd probably think that greatest franchises would all be soccer teams.

Celtic or Rangers
Man U or Chelsea
Real Madrid or Barcelona
Inter or AC

Yankees pale in comparison with these teams.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Yankees aren't the greatest sports franchise in the world...You're way too ethnocentric in that regard.

I'd probably think that greatest franchises would all be soccer teams.

Celtic or Rangers
Man U or Chelsea
Real Madrid or Barcelona
Inter or AC

Yankees pale in comparison with these teams.

Its all in a matter of opinion. Celtic or rangers? Soccer teams as well?

jpz17

Starter
guys, I have heard from off the record from a friend of mine who is a reporter that Ortiz was on it

th3realicon

Rotation player
When the Celtics play them Rangers it can get pretty nasty. Drunk Scots rooting for different teams can get pretty nasty. :D

Although the greatest franchise in the world is FC Barcelona hands down lol

TunerAddict

Starter
According to a 2007 report, the following clubs were the most profitable sport franchises in the world.

5)Houston Texans 57.6 million profit

4)Bayern Munich 62 million profit

3) Real Madrid 83 million profit

2) Manchester United 92 million profit

1)Washington Redskins 108.4 million profit

These are just based on net profit of these teams.

Now with value of a team we see another report, this one by forbes.

1) Manchester United 1.8 Billion
2)Dallas Cowboys 1.6 Billion
3)Wash. Redskins 1.5 Billion
4) NE Patriots 1.32 Billion
5)Yankees 1.3 Billion
6) Real Madrid 1.29 Billion
7)Arsenal 1.2 Billion
8) NY Giants 1.18 Billion
9)NY Jets 1.17 Billion
10) Houston Texans 1.17 Billion

Knicks were in the 600 million range, and the most valuable NBA franchise.

Interesting statistics.

Profit wise, the season those profit numbers came out, the Yankees were negative.

TunerAddict

Starter
So billions would make a franchise the greatest in the world?

I just stated both values and profits for those years, nothing more.

We could go farther in and look for league titles, fan base, comparing different levels of income, like marketing or attendance...