Tim Thomas... the new Keith Van Horn?

NYKnicks1

Rookie
I know I know. Keith is more mobile than Tim and can get in the paint faster. But Tim had really, I MEAN REALLY, improved since he came here from the Bucks. I'm starting to like Timmy. What you think?

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I like him also. He also gets to the line alot, like Van Horn. I like that he isn't afraid to drive to the basket either.

e_D

Benchwarmer
I agree, Tim's really filling out nicely. I think next season he's gonna be a pretty strong. I guess he just needed the right scenario.. Everyone knows playing close to home is most favorable.

AJD

Benchwarmer
TT will never come CLOSE to KVH! He doesnt take it to the hoop enough towards the end of the games. Watch KVH tear it up and TT play as he always did: Below-expectations.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
yeah

van horn is def better than thomas rite now, hopefully thomas will start playing better and more consistently

JJtheKnick

Starter
i thought van horn for thomes is a bad trade but now i like tim and drive in and shoot from out side tim for van horn not a bad trade its not a good trade

its a fair trade and also tim is younger

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
their style is pretty similar. both play a lil smaller than they really are (partially because of strength etc). imo they are shooters in pf bodies. kvh did have a few nice board games and i think tt did 2 but when they play pf or even sf they should be getting many more boards.
overall i think the trade is fair. it was just abrupt and disrupted the flow. if it was in the offseason i would have been happier. still pissed about spree :( :cry:

newmove

Rotation player
e_D said:
I agree, Tim's really filling out nicely. I think next season he's gonna be a pretty strong. I guess he just needed the right scenario..
yup.
but the scenario? he was not such a bad player b4 he arrived... i think that it's the team that made him even better.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i dont see how thomas is a better play when van horn but up better numbers and the knicks were rolling when they had the set team with van horn

e_D

Benchwarmer
i think they're basically the same player.. i think Van horn has a better shot, but TT runs better and has better inside game. Vanhorn was definately a better rebounder, but that's something TT's shown some good flashes of now and then. the key is Vanhorn has already reached his potential, he's been where TT is at now.. Drafted with high regard but an underachiever.. Vanhorn had his best year this year, coincidentally when he joined NY. TT is also billed as an underachiever with alot of potential. I think next year he'll be better than Vanhorn cuz he will realize some if not all of his potential.