How about Allen Iverson?

Paul1355

All Star
Allen Iverson is obviously not staying with Detroit for long....when he doesnt play they win, and when he does play they lose. WHY??? He is a guy that excels with players worse than him...meaning with good guys around him AI just looks bad because he shoots too much..........

Now on the Knicks....big stage...not alot of talented players...good system for any offensive player like AI.....he'd have the leadership roll.....he'd love it....

We would finally have an all star to carry this team in crunch time and say what you want about AI throwing up bricks but I'd trust him over everyone on this team in crunch time.

AI will likely be moved and his contract is huge but expires soon...

Should we take a look at Allen Iverson?

JayJ44

Starter
If he wants to come for the MLE, I wouldn't be against it. His playing style doesn't really fit with this offense, which emphasizes ball movement and passing. AI needs to have the ball in his hands. But there's no denying his talent.

If we were to get AI, I think we would have to get rid of Harrington and Nate. There wouldn't be enough balls to accomadate all 3.

LeFlume

All Star
I have always been a huge fan of him but I have to say NO to him coming to New York. Like Jay said, his playing style doesn't really fit and he is not a good outside shooter. His body have taken so much beating during his career, and It's just a matter of time before it says no more, then he will lose his ability to get to the line, then what is left?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd like the idea if we obtained Bosh & kept Nate. AI to receive MLE only ofcourse.

Gimme

N8 (
The Answer( 2 small shooting guards I know but there's a lot of pace there)
Chandler
Bosh
Wilcox

as a 5, and prepare for next years post season with a bench of:

Gallo
Duhon
A Fit Eddy Curry
Ewing Jr - because he's cheap.
Thabeet
Kapono
Q & Jeffries because they can't be traded.

Not too sure if that's within the active player limit or not?

paris401

Starter
you are not winning a title with AI on your team, as good a player as he has been/is now.. so if your ult. goal is to be on top, i say no to AI

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Having AI on your team is like having Steph on speed on your team. He does a lot of things the average fan loves, but he doesn't do much to help his teams win because all he really does is score inefficiently.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
signing him for one year would be ideal, problem is im guessing he wants a longer term contract. but it wud be nice to have him JUST for the upcoming season. he'd love playing in ny, where the spotlight would be back on him, he would have the starting SG spot, and be in an offense that could utilize his superior speed in a good way. def wud be a nice one year pickup, but this is not the guy to have when u want to win a championship..jst look at the pistans lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
signing him for one year would be ideal, problem is im guessing he wants a longer term contract. but it wud be nice to have him JUST for the upcoming season. he'd love playing in ny, where the spotlight would be back on him, he would have the starting SG spot, and be in an offense that could utilize his superior speed in a good way. def wud be a nice one year pickup, but this is not the guy to have when u want to win a championship..jst look at the pistans lol

i agree. one year would be great. this would be a good move for dolan to attract more fans and sell more merchandise.

if bums like harrington and crawford were having career years this season imagine what allen would do. he would be averaging 40 a game.

clumsy

Rotation player
How about Von Wafer. Dude shoots 40% from 3, and isn't a bad Defender. And will most likely be Cheap if the rockets don't resign.

It's a less risky move just cuz the money will be less as opposed to AI. Considering how AI is not in our long term plans, it would be a complete waste of time to otherwise develop players.

The only risk with Von is that maybe his 40% 3 is inflated cuz Yao gets doubled and also is one of the best passing Centers.

Last edited:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Nooo noo noo on AI.. we don't need a him on our team...he'd be the typical pick for the Knicks to throw a ton of money at and then be a bust (Marbury??)... yea and he's not a playoff player...he's a show player....Donnie's smarter then that so i think were good.

tiger0330

Legend
We don't need more shooters. We need a solid big man that can play both ways.
Totally agree. Give me Rasheed Wallace over AI any day, how can anyone want AI after both Denver and Detroit. It will be interesting to see if anybody has interest in him this offseason, Detroit will probably not pick up AI or Sheed.

stop it with the AI talks, jason kidd will be signed to a 3 yr 21 million dollar contract this summer. wattttch. if not signed then sign and trade on both sides him for Lee and a future 1st round pick from dallas. Kidd already said he wanted to come to NY and he has a desire to play for Mike D, pick up kidd this summer, attract big name stars who all would die to play with a distributor of his caliber. F AI. dude hasnt done ish but take allot of shots through out his whole career.

metrocard

Legend
We don't need more shooters. We need a solid big man that can play both ways.

??????????????
?????????????????
??????????????????

Who do we have besides Gallinari?

Robinson
Harrington
Hughes

are all streak shooters
in the 33% 3pt range

You failed...

Chandler and Q also.

We don't have a single pure shooter on this roster right now.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
??????????????
?????????????????
??????????????????

Who do we have besides Gallinari?

Robinson
Harrington
Hughes

are all streak shooters
in the 33% 3pt range

You failed...

Chandler and Q also.

We don't have a single pure shooter on this roster right now.

I think he means shoot first guard or chuckers.

I dont want hughes on this team any longer. Other than the 38pt game against Milwaukee, he did NOTHING.

If Chandler prefers to drive and play defense, he would be an amazing player, like how Boris Diaw was.

Nate is probably gone.

We need a Defensive Minded point guard. I prefer Jason Kidd, and/or draft Ty Lawson.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
how can people hate on iverson after all he has accomplished? for example:

he crossed Michael f*cking Jordan!!! TWICE!!! :lol:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
how can people hate on iverson after all he has accomplished? for example:

he crossed Michael f*cking Jordan!!! TWICE!!! :lol:

Thats not the Iverson that is going to be a free agent.

The iverson that is is older, mor injury prone, and not able to produce as consistently as he did in that video.

1997-2005 AI
-Top of his game
-MVP (but got owned by Kobe-Shaq)
-4 scoring championships

2009 AI
-He is out this season
-12 years older...
-15 PPG! not 30
-Inconsistent
-He still NEEDS the ball in his hands to make a move. He isn't Rip Hamilton; someone who is best without the ball.

If it was that 97-05 iverson, i'd think about it. But is is not.

Plus, with how fast we play and how worn out he is, wouldn't he be TWICE as prone to injury?
After all, he was playing in a HALF COURT game with DET.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thats not the Iverson that is going to be a free agent.

The iverson that is is older, mor injury prone, and not able to produce as consistently as he did in that video.

1997-2005 AI
-Top of his game
-MVP (but got owned by Kobe-Shaq)
-4 scoring championships

2009 AI
-He is out this season
-12 years older...
-15 PPG! not 30
-Inconsistent
-He still NEEDS the ball in his hands to make a move. He isn't Rip Hamilton; someone who is best without the ball.

If it was that 97-05 iverson, i'd think about it. But is is not.

Plus, with how fast we play and how worn out he is, wouldn't he be TWICE as prone to injury?
After all, he was playing in a HALF COURT game with DET.

don't get so emotional wit it. I was just messing around. I would like to see him here for one year for the right price, like I stated before.