Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: wade is a jackass but.....

  1. #1
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default wade is a jackass but.....

    I've come around to the idea of him as a Knick.it would Be retribution for grease leaving the way he did.i also think it would be karmic justice having a Chicago born player playing for the knicks, and breaking the hearts of the bulls for years, instead of having a brooklyn born player(jordan) torturing the knicks.

    lebron is not coming over here.he's not leaving Cleveland.
    Last edited by ANU; Apr 12, 2009 at 19:37.

  2. #2
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    if you dont think lebron will leave, what makes you think wade will leave?
    Last edited by GoKnIcKsDLEE42; Apr 12, 2009 at 20:58.

  3. #3
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i didn't say he'll leave.i said I'd come around the idea of having him as a knick.

    and the reason lebron isn't leaving clevland should be obvious by now.

  4. #4
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I think a double (k)nickle speaks very ****ing loudly in his favor against being over-rated

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    I've come around to the idea of him as a Knick.it would Be retribution for grease leaving the way he did.i also think it would be karmic justice having a Chicago born player playing for the knicks, and breaking the hearts of the bulls for years, instead of having a brooklyn born player(jordan) torturing the knicks.

    lebron is not coming over here.he's not leaving Cleveland.
    according to Steven A Smith.........

    Dwayne Wade once sat down with Steven A this year and was asked about possibly coming to NY in 2010. Dwayne Wade laughed and said to Steven A "Steve, I live in Miami Beach, a choice between NY and Miami Beach?" Wade loves Miami beach and wouldn't even think of leaving the Heat.

    Wade is staying with the Heat....he loves it there...the fans love him there.. and the Heat need him in order to be successful.

  6. #6
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    according to Steven A Smith.........

    Dwayne Wade once sat down with Steven A this year and was asked about possibly coming to NY in 2010. Dwayne Wade laughed and said to Steven A "Steve, I live in Miami Beach, a choice between NY and Miami Beach?" Wade loves Miami beach and wouldn't even think of leaving the Heat.

    Wade is staying with the Heat....he loves it there...the fans love him there.. and the Heat need him in order to be successful.
    i know about that.and he's right.I'm just saying, i hate his guts, but if he where wearing a knick uniform i'd be happy with that.

  7. #7
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    i know about that.and he's right.I'm just saying, i hate his guts, but if he where wearing a knick uniform i'd be happy with that.
    Then why say that Lebron isn't coming here, in your first post? If you know they both aren't, there's no need to convince us to support Wade's arrival, by mentioning Lebron's refusal to come here: "lebron is not coming over here.he's not leaving Cleveland."

    I think you'd like Wade to come, as I do: I posted, months ago, in support of Wade coming here over Lebron. I personally think Wade is a better player, especially in the playoffs. However, Wade has said, on numerous occasions, that he plans on spending his entire career in Miami. If he changes his mind, though: I'd definitely be for it.

  8. #8
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I honestly wouldn't believe anything these guys say about 2010, one way or the other. It's far away, things could change by then. Besides, these guys might have ulterior motives, driving what they say. In any case, we shouldn't give up hope that Wade or Lebron will come here, or depend on them coming here, based on what they say.

  9. #9
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Then why say that Lebron isn't coming here, in your first post? If you know they both aren't, there's no need to convince us to support Wade's arrival, by mentioning Lebron's refusal to come here: "lebron is not coming over here.he's not leaving Cleveland."

    I think you'd like Wade to come, as I do: I posted, months ago, in support of Wade coming here over Lebron. I personally think Wade is a better player, especially in the playoffs. However, Wade has said, on numerous occasions, that he plans on spending his entire career in Miami. If he changes his mind, though: I'd definitely be for it.
    cause i think it's liklier that he becomes a knick than lebron becoming a knick.
    some of you have nothing better to do then psychoanalyze other posters post?
    if wade was totally honest about what he said about Miami he would have signed a bigger extension by now, instead of having the clause to opt out summer of 2010. lebron hasn't either, but wade isn't from Miami.its a BIG difference.

  10. #10
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I honestly wouldn't believe anything these guys say about 2010, one way or the other. It's far away, things could change by then. Besides, these guys might have ulterior motives, driving what they say. In any case, we shouldn't give up hope that Wade or Lebron will come here, or depend on them coming here, based on what they say.
    yea i agree wit this... i don't think we should look to closely to what any of em say, they all gon be free agents next summer and thats the bottom line..i don't think we should bank on anyone specifically, but at this point i think we can be pretty certain we'll be getting some big name...I think there's a chance anyone will leave and come to NY..i'm hoping LeBron...i don't see him spending his whole carrier in Clev...just don't see it...i don't care where he from, what the team has done for him, how the fans will react..i don't thik they can expect him to be like a Kobe and hold on to him for his entire carrier there..especially knowing the type of person he is and what he wants to become...i also don't think the Clev fans would turn on him like a switch if he did leave and hate him forever as people seem to think...i'm hoping he's coming here...but we'll see..i'm real excited for this offseason...and next

  11. #11
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I might be wrong about lebron......

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    lol..

  12. #12
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    yes yes yes that's what i like to read... James is a big Yanks fan, i'm sure he'd love to be in same city as CC..

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think for superstar players, the only time the location actually makes a difference is when they are approaching their late 30's, proved everything they have to prove and just want a nice place to play until they retire.

    Lebron and Wade entering their prime, have more of a responsibility to the game to choose a place to play where it benefits the NBA more so than themselves. When it comes to winning, neither Cleveland, Miami, NY will have much guaranteed to offer FA to sign with them.

    Winning is a non factor in the decision. Those 2 will win anywhere.

    Money is not a factor since they will get the max contract wherever they go.

    The only factor is what decision will be best for the NBA..the answer is in NY. NY having a competitive team helps out the entire league. There will be a ton of pressure on Wade or Lebron for 1 to sign here if the Knicks offer contracts.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Lebron shows signs of NY

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Then why say that Lebron isn't coming here, in your first post? If you know they both aren't, there's no need to convince us to support Wade's arrival, by mentioning Lebron's refusal to come here: "lebron is not coming over here.he's not leaving Cleveland."

    I think you'd like Wade to come, as I do: I posted, months ago, in support of Wade coming here over Lebron. I personally think Wade is a better player, especially in the playoffs. However, Wade has said, on numerous occasions, that he plans on spending his entire career in Miami. If he changes his mind, though: I'd definitely be for it.
    I'm one who thinks that Lebron could possibly come to NY.

    Wade stated that he wouldn't want to leave the Heat but Lebron James has done things in the past that have made this conversation stay alive. Examples are wearing a NY Yankees hat to an Indians game...i mean if you want publicity that's how u do it. he also put NY as his favorite city with Brooklyn being #1 and Manhattan being #2 in NY. And by the way, in his top 5 favorite cities he had Cleavland 5th! Every player loves playing in the garden and if Lebron is matched with money by the Knicks...he might jump on it just to play on the "stage" as he put it when talking about playing in MSG.

    If Lebron never had Mo Williams by his side, then the possibility would obviously by high for Lebron to come here because we all know that he was frustrated by losing to the Celtics when he basically did everything.

    I think that if Lebron wants that "big stage" and spotlight, then he would come to NY and change this franchise around..James coming to NY and winning a title would be the biggest thing basketball has seen in years.

    Let's hope I'm right.

  15. #15
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    ^ i agree..

    I've always thought there was a pretty good chance since we first started making moves that he'll be coming here; i think it's becoming more and more likely imo that he'll be a Knick...the only real reason why he'd stay in Clev. is because he's from the area and he has a good team their now...but fact is, as you said, he loves NYC, and he'll have a good team no matter where he goes...oh yea, and it's NYC! Winning a championship with the Knicks who haven't won in 20 some odd yrs would be huge not only for the biggest city in the country, but the NBA in general...not to mention the attention and next level of super stardom that would come with him moving here to NY...and yes, there is another level he'd fly to coming here to NY...the publicity of that summer, the hype, and then the reality of seeing him playin in the big apple....it would be insane...which is what he wants...we saw how big the Celtics big 3 was covered and what not, it's going to be the x 20 when LeBron comes here....

    I'm thinking there's a good chances he's coming...as much as he loves Clev, he'll always love them that's where he from...no way he's turing down the chance to play in his fav city and in MSG....

    the question becomes, do we want him to win this season? so he'll feel good about leaving...thats what i'm starting to lean towards...he'll feel he accomplished something for the city

Similar Threads

  1. James and Wade are not likely 2010 acquisitions
    By OGKnickfan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2009, 16:24
  2. Kobe Laughs at Dwayne Wade Crying
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 01, 2008, 21:13
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 04, 2008, 09:01
  4. JAMES and WADE KNICKS in 2010?!
    By NYKNICKS4LIFE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 20, 2006, 14:07
  5. this guy is a jackass
    By pbjb14 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2004, 13:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •