View Poll Results: What grade would you give Donnie Walsh for his performance thus far with the Knicks?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    8 26.67%
  • B

    16 53.33%
  • C

    5 16.67%
  • D

    1 3.33%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 220

Thread: With one year on the job, Donnie Walsh has put his stamp on Knicks

  1. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Donnie

    As much as I love what donnie has done for this team thus far, he's not going to get any real improvements to this team till we trade both Jeffries and bum ass Curry!

  2. #47
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Dude your a tool.

    1... Marbury sucks and has done nothing positive for this team since his arrival. You feel otherwise for some reason so whatever you can live under the assumption that him being here would make a difference.

    2... Have you seen todays economy? Do you honestly think Crawford would be foolish enough to walk away from guaranteed money? You also praise Al Harrington consistantly so without trading Crawford how would we have landed the great Al Harrington. Crawford was a marginal player who made alot of money and his contract extended past 2010. If you listened to Donnie Walsh's first press conference he said the main goal was to get under the cap for 2010 not to become the 8th seed.

    3. Zach Randolph is a top 10 PF. That is the first thing you've said right thus far. But he's more of a 7-10 PF who plays no defense, is in bad physical condition, never been on a winning team in his career, and most importantly makes much more money then he's worth. We should have never traded for him in the first place. We got very little in return for him on the court but off the court we gained salary cap space. Which by now everybody should realize is the key to winning in the NBA. Also if Zach was such a hot commodity why weren't we getting bombarded with trade offers? The answer is because he makes way to much money.

    4. In my opinion I'd take Gallinari over Lopez right now. I can see people making the arguement that we should have taken D.J. Augustine but i don't think Brook Lopez is as special as you people make him seem. Gallinari can shoot the lights out, pass the ball, communicate on both offense and defense, and knock down 90% from the free throw line. Lopez can do none of those things. I'm not impressed that a 7 footer can block shots. If Jerome James plays 30 minutes a night he'd block shots, that doesn't mean hes a good defender.

    Some people act as if we can't get a big man in this years draft. Griffin, Hill, and Thabeet have as much upside if not more then Brook Lopez. And if we can't get a center this draft is filled with promising point guards.

    We could possibly come out of last years draft and this years draft and free agency period with Bosh, Gallinari, and point guard like Jeff Teague, Brandon Jennings, or Tyreke Evans.

    But ABCD feel free to fire back with insults instead of a logical response thats what your known for.

    Competing for a Championship in 2010 and beyond > better then slipping into the playoffs and getting swept in 2009
    1. Marbury will surprise you.
    Once he gets back to the NBA flow...you'll co-sign with ABCD and I.

    2. I agree.

    3. when Randolph is an elite PF in the NBA...you know the league is weak in PF's.

    4. Lopez is a great defender, way better than Gallinari. Offensively, Lopez is a go to guy, Gallinari hasn't proven that yet in the NBA.

    Lopez isn't even an elite shot blocker, he's just good at rotation and stay in fronting of his man, does very well at altering shots. One of the most skilled defensive young bigs you can find in the NBA.

    You obviously need to do A LOT of research on Lopez before you give your assessment on him again, you're 100% wrong, amigo.

    Thabeet won't be that good.
    Hill is frail and has mad bust potential.
    Griffin is obvious, but we don't get him.

    We failed to draft the best big man from this years draft...as well try to get the best player.

    You compete by gaining experience of competition.

    Are you foolish enough to think Knicks will compete for a championship in a span of one season?

    You become a playoff team first.
    Then you progress to becoming a contending.
    Then a champion.

    Gotta think things out man, logic is a beautiful thing.

  3. #48
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    All of your posts are filled with ignorance. abcd = ignorance. You say you're in college, but you post like a 13 year old boy. Embarrasing. What's your I.Q.? Like 80? I can't believe I waste my time reading your drivel.

    Everything you just said either contradicts itself or is total speculation with zero evidence to support it.

    You know you've lost this argument and you're too stubborn to admit it. Evidenced by your love for Crawford and Zach. Players that you've bashed in the past.

    Give it up man. Crawford and Zach were not going to lead this team to anything. Not even the playoffs. The team was 6-5 when they were moved. Hardly evidence to say for certain the Knicks were going to make the playoffs. Zach got injured and missed over 20 games in L.A. and Crawford is riding the bench in Golden State.

    Both of those teams have more talent than the Knicks yet both have worse records than the Knicks. If Crawford and Zach were so great, how come neither of them are going to the playoffs? Are they really worth mortgaging the Knicks future for many years to come?

    Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?

  4. #49
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?
    Yes. He's the biggest hypocrite in KOL.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Apr 01, 2009 at 14:32.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicker23
    if we had made the playoffs id be more inclined to give him an A...but it's still funny/sad that people don't understand the greatness of what he's already done with the cap space...i mean at this point you just got to be an idiot not to understand the road that Donnie has paved for us through these moves, a road thats been covered with crap and leading in every wrong direction, now has a optimistic path....it makes me laugh to see fools come in here and say how worse off we were having traded zdolph or craw, marbury as if we made the moves to be a better team right now, or as if they were going to get us anywhere worth a damn...the knicks the last few years have been riddled with awful players who get paid way more then they should, and thats both the mgmts fault and the players themselves.....having Donnie do what he was able to do, and not only get our heads above water, but be in a good position to sign the king among others, is nothing short of A work.....it'll make the inevitable awful playing of this squad eaisier to take next season knowing whats coming
    Liking the moves Walsh made means your very optimistical.
    u probably believed his first Knick speech about bringing Lebron to N.Y., and believed it even more when Lebron Cavs went 7 games with the Championship Celtics. LOL

    I accepted the fact that we hired Walsh over Kiki Vandeweigh....I did'nt like the move but I accepted it. Which meant Walsh was not going to hire coach Rick Carlisle an offense/defense coach which use a 9-man rotation.

    Isiah Thomas proved in first Knick trade that he did not know how to trade player for player. And Walsh excuse for trading the same as Isiah gets a pass b/c he is lowering our salary-cap to be in the same condition as an expansion team....and u also believe the Knicks will be flexable with a low salary cap. LOL

    The Knicks would've been Flexible by having a winning season and raising the trade value of 3/4 of their roster....plus keepin all our young rookie contracts along with ending contract Marbury & Malik (I like Wilcox trade).
    Crawford was supposed to be traded on draft night along with our 6th pick for the star-player we were supposed to be rebuilding around (O.J. Mayo).

    Hint: Phoenix was flexable lowering their salary cap because they had All-Star Marian and Rookie contracts in Amare & Joe Johnson....whom all got strong minutes in the playoff with Marbury as their PG.
    dum-dum Ainge lowered Boston salary-cap by trading players for draft picks and young players while holding on to their Super-Star Paul Pierce.
    The Laker

  6. #51
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Liking the moves Walsh made means your very optimistical.
    u probably believed his first Knick speech about bringing Lebron to N.Y., and believed it even more when Lebron Cavs went 7 games with the Championship Celtics. LOL

    I accepted the fact that we hired Walsh over Kiki Vandeweigh....I did'nt like the move but I accepted it. Which meant Walsh was not going to hire coach Rick Carlisle an offense/defense coach which use a 9-man rotation.

    Isiah Thomas proved in first Knick trade that he did not know how to trade player for player. And Walsh excuse for trading the same as Isiah gets a pass b/c he is lowering our salary-cap to be in the same condition as an expansion team....and u also believe the Knicks will be flexable with a low salary cap. LOL

    The Knicks would've been Flexible by having a winning season and raising the trade value of 3/4 of their roster....plus keepin all our young rookie contracts along with ending contract Marbury & Malik (I like Wilcox trade).
    Crawford was supposed to be traded on draft night along with our 6th pick for the star-player we were supposed to be rebuilding around (O.J. Mayo).

    Hint: Phoenix was flexable lowering their salary cap because they had All-Star Marian and Rookie contracts in Amare & Joe Johnson....whom all got strong minutes in the playoff with Marbury as their PG.
    dum-dum Ainge lowered Boston salary-cap by trading players for draft picks and young players while holding on to their Super-Star Paul Pierce.
    The Laker
    And you are overly optimistic in assuming Mebury, Crawford and Zach would have led the Knicks to a winning record and increased their trade value. LOL.

    Just look at how successful they've been, and still are. SMH.

  7. #52
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?

    lmao i remember after the knicks beat the jazz to go to 4-2 he said it wudnt last cuz the knicks were playing against bad and injury depleted teams. looks like we got a flip flopper on our hands lol

  8. #53
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Hometheaterguy, how am I way off base? Your entire post had nothing to do with mine, which you quoted. You know, It's nice to at least try to back up your claims with evidence. Try it, some time.

    And LJ4PointPlay, it's funny that you insult abcd, claiming he sounds like a 13 year old, when you don't seem to know how to use a comma. And you kind of sound like a liar, posting a link to a thread as evidence of backtracking, even though I know that I, for one, never supported these moves, on any KO thread. I'm sure there are others you're lying about, too.

    And, tuneraddict, ABCD has criticized lots of players, like a lot of other people. I've criticized lots of players, when things have been bad, out of anger with their play on a particular day. Criticizing a player does not mean he wants the guy traded.

    Moreover, both of you girls are singling a guy out for doing something that there's even an entire thread on: predicting the number of wins we'd get. You should both just cut your losses and shut up, before you embarass yourselves anymore.

    And H20, aren't you the guy who sent me a faggot a55 message and a negative rep. for something I didn't even do, when you didn't even know me? Aren't you doing that now, by talking about another person, when it's none of your business, little wiesel? SMH @ the biggest sychophant on this site.

  9. #54
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Hometheaterguy, how am I way off base? Your entire post had nothing to do with mine, which you quoted. You know, It's nice to at least try to back up your claims with evidence. Try it, some time.

    And LJ4PointPlay, it's funny that you insult abcd, claiming he sounds like a 13 year old, when you don't seem to know how to use a comma. And you kind of sound like a liar, posting a link to a thread as evidence of backtracking, even though I know that I, for one, never supported these moves, on any KO thread. I'm sure there are others you're lying about, too.

    And, tuneraddict, ABCD has criticized lots of players, like a lot of other people. I've criticized lots of players, when things have been bad, out of anger with their play on a particular day. Criticizing a player does not mean he wants the guy traded.

    Moreover, both of you girls are singling a guy out for doing something that there's even an entire thread on: predicting the number of wins we'd get. You should both just cut your losses and shut up, before you embarass yourselves anymore.

    And H20, aren't you the guy who sent me a faggot a55 message and a negative rep. for something I didn't even do, when you didn't even know me? Aren't you doing that now, by talking about another person, when it's none of your business, little wiesel? SMH @ the biggest sychophant on this site.


    whats with u and having a period wheneva some1 critizes abcd? he can stand up for himself he doesnt need protection. and also whats with you and bringing that point about the neg rep? that was back on valentines day because some1 made a thread of u creeping on them. get ova it, u gave me a neg rep back with a nasty piss off message. and u claimed that ud get 3 of ur friends to give me a neg rep point. the only other person to give me a neg rep point was abcd. what happened to ur otha 2 friends on this site? plus u were the one saying that rep points dont matter, and u constantly bring them up. and i dont kno what it is between u and abcd, but u 2 seem like butt buddies right now no offense

  10. #55
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    And LJ4PointPlay, it's funny that you insult abcd, claiming he sounds like a 13 year old, when you don't seem to know how to use a comma. And you kind of sound like a liar, posting a link to a thread as evidence of backtracking, even though I know that I, for one, never supported these moves, on any KO thread. I'm sure there are others you're lying about, too.
    Excuse me for using a comma before/after a "but, "and" or "or". I use it to emphasize a pause in an argument. As sometimes I start a sentence in my posts with "And" or "But". I know how to write properly. This is a chat forum for talking about basketball. We're not publishing journals here so get over yourself.

    And don't call me a liar. You weren't even a member here when that thread was started. I wasn't talking specifically about you. So again, get over yourself.

    But abcd posted in that thread with trade ideas for Zach and Crawford for expiring contracts. I was providing evidence of his hypocrisy and how several other members wanted to rebuild but now don't like the immediate impacts of the rebuilding process.

    You have issues concerning how important you think you are, don't you?
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Apr 01, 2009 at 19:43.

  11. #56
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Laughing my a$$ off. I never said the Knicks should trade Jamal Crawford or Zach Randolph. Please find a quote where I said this.

    Zach Randolph is my favorite power forward in the NBA. I've criticized him for his lack of defense in the past, but that's because he truly is a poor defender. However, he's a great offensive and rebounding weapon, and I've always said this.

    Jamal Crawford was never one of my favorite Knick players, but I have always acknowledged the fact that he's a good scorer, and that he could help the team win, given the right talent.

    LGAY4PLAYFAGGOT, H2-HO and TUNAFAGGOT are the biggest hypocrites on this site.

    What are you, the spice girls?

    I've heard all 3 of you faqqots come here and criticize Nate Robinson and Wilson Chandler, after praising them on other occasions. It is funny how you guys want to make up lies about other posters to hide the fact that you all have Mike D'Antoni's sperm in your mouths and Donnie Walsh's testicles in your tonsils.

  12. #57
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?
    Hey, dumbass! I said that the Knicks would be a playoff team(NOT CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN .500, BECAUSE THE 7TH AND 8TH SEEDS IN THE EAST HAVE SUB .500 RECORDS FYI) with Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, Zach Randolph and Brook Lopez.

    Obviously you are not a good English student, nor are you a good Mathematics student.

    I listed the names of 5 players that would make the Knicks a playoff team.

    When the Knicks were 6-5, did they have Brook Lopez? No.

    When the Knicks were 6-5, did the Knicks have Marbury? No.

    That's why I didn't have confidence in that Knick team.

    But with the addition of the shotblocking, rebounding, and scoring Lopez, and with the addition of 2x All Star Marbury, the Knicks would have had a good enough team to make the playoffs.



  13. #58
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You must be talking about making the playoffs on your X-box.

  14. #59
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Hey, dumbass! I said that the Knicks would be a playoff team(NOT CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN .500, BECAUSE THE 7TH AND 8TH SEEDS IN THE EAST HAVE SUB .500 RECORDS FYI) with Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, Zach Randolph and Brook Lopez.

    Obviously you are not a good English student, nor are you a good Mathematics student.

    I listed the names of 5 players that would make the Knicks a playoff team.

    When the Knicks were 6-5, did they have Brook Lopez? No.

    When the Knicks were 6-5, did the Knicks have Marbury? No.

    That's why I didn't have confidence in that Knick team.

    But with the addition of the shotblocking, rebounding, and scoring Lopez, and with the addition of 2x All Star Marbury, the Knicks would have had a good enough team to make the playoffs.


    Funny how you always bring up Stephon Marbury and him being a 2 time allstar. ****...Danny Granger is going to match that mark next year...

    You obviously can't read as you brought up something totally unrelated to my quote...

  15. #60
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by [B
    LeFluke[/b];90211]You must be talking about making the playoffs on your X-box and in the real NBA.
    Go to bed, little kid.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2008, 14:34
  3. Donnie Walsh draft record
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2008, 03:06
  4. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  5. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •