NY KNICKS vs. RAPTORS 4/4/09 1PM at MSG

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
A VERBAL ASSASSIN PRODUCTION

Welcome everyone, this is your host, SLY1984 aka the Verbal Assassin bringing you GREATNESS. Todays match-up is:

new_york_knicks_logo.png

VS.

Todays game is brought to you by the letter "L", as in we better "LOSE" this motherf*cking game, we need a higher draft pick!!!!!!

STARTING LINE-UPS:

FOR NEW YORK-

3855.jpg
3251.jpg
4301.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg

PG- CHRIS DUHON, SG- LARRY HUGHES, SF- WILSON CHANDLER, PF- AL HARRINGTON, C- DAVID LEE

For the Craptors:

2806.jpg
635.jpg
510.jpg
1977.jpg
2987.jpg

PG- JOSE CALDERON, SG- ANTHONY PARKER, SF- SHAWN MARION, PF- CHRIS BOSH, C- ANDREA BARGNANI

SLY's Game Preview:

Todays game is a match-up against two lottery bound teams, the NY KNICKS (29-46) and TORONTO RAPTORS (29-45). Both teams have struggled throughout the season. the Knicks have gone thru major roster changes, which have affected their chemistry as well as their level of play. most of their stars have been shipped out, which has left the young talent (robinson, lee, chandler) to take over in their absence. as we all know, young talent does not equal wins. Not this soon anyways. As for the raptors, they have the same woes. new players coming in have disrupted their cohesiveness throughout the year. Young players not stepping up and injuries have also factored in into their dismal season. Recently, the raptors have played much better, winning five in a row. the Knicks on the other hand have lost 4 out of 5.

Their is only one objective to todays game: Lose and get a greater chance to land that #1 pick (or get a better pick). so, we will see which organization is looking at those ping-pong balls with more desire (n/h). remember: "To The LOSER Goes The Spoils" :lol:

THE Verbal Assassin's player to target:

EDDY CURRY

(pic of Eddy and candidates for his "limo driver position")

now that the season is almost over, look out for eddy to get more minutes so that he can improve his game and attract men....uh....i meant teams...
damn eddy, how are you gonna wear a pink shirt around a bunch of guys?!?!?!?!? SMH

ROCK JOINT OF THE DAY

ALICE IN CHAINS- "MAN IN THE BOX" (scratched, *****ing sony entertaintment won't allow it)
No AC, so...

METALLICA- "ENTER SANDMAN"

HIP-HOP JOINT OF THE DAY

NAS- "THE WORLD IS YOURS (q-tip remix)"

Last edited:

dave2138

Rotation player
I'm going to my first ever knick game on Saturday.. I am not really sure who I should root for in this game. Of course you want your team to win, but this game would be huge if the knicks lost to gain that 1 1/2 game lead over Toronto for the 8th pick in the draft.

These next 2 head to head games will likely decide the 8th and 9th picks if one team manages to win both. Who are you guys rooting for?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Damn. Toronto beat Orlando.

I predict a loss. toronto's hot. it aint the right time to be hot for them; they couldve done what philly did last year, but they got hot too late

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Game thread is complete, check it out y'all...

I hope you guys are right. I do not want to see us win this game. I was all for it when we still had a shot, but now I'm looking towards next year.

saving up my money for that 'greg monroe' knicks jersey!!!

Knixy

Benchwarmer
I'm happy my fellow Knicks fans understand losing is in the best interest of this team.

I'm only watching this game to see Chris Bosh. He's been on a tear lately. That game winning 3 last night over Dwight Howard was sick. Bosh is not a top tier Star but he would be a great complement to King James or Dwyane Wade.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
as much as i want the knicks to improve their draft position, i really dont want them to lose to the craptors lol. i predict the knicks winning a tight one. this shud be a good game filled with lots of offense and lots of whining from chris bosh lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
as much as i want the knicks to improve their draft position, i really dont want them to lose to the craptors lol. i predict the knicks winning a tight one. this shud be a good game filled with lots of offense and lots of whining from chris bosh lol

the raptors actually have better talent than the knicks do. so for us to come out with a win against them is gonna take much effort. specially when we have shown alot of crappy play when we play crap teams (ball-sac-town, okc, indiana, etc).

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks should try to win as many games as they can, because tanking will not guarantee the Knicks a 1st or 2nd overall pick. Like I said before, the Chicago Bulls won 33 games, last year, and they got the #1 overall pick. Tanking will just make the Knicks look bad.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree but, the more losses the higher pick we will get, right now were at 9 so if we could move up to 6-7 we're good. better position for Monroe.

JayJ44

Starter
This is a must lose game for us. The Warriors beat the Hornets, putting them 2 games in front of us for the lottery standings. If we get past the Warriors, there's a huge difference in the amount of lottery balls.

Keys to Losing:
  1. Have David Lee guard Bosh the whole game.
  2. Play Eddy Curry all 48 minutes.
  3. Every play on offense, give the ball to the fatass or have Jared Jeffries go one-on-five.
  4. Play absolutely no defense (shouldn't be a problem).
  5. Let Chris Duhon launch 35 foot 3 pointers all game long.

TunerAddict

Starter
Good idea by Dantoni keeping Nate Robinson in to help blow the game. Guy couldn't stop shooting and going one on one if his life depended on it...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
while i hope the Knicks do lose out at this point, as they'll prob come close to doing, looking passed the draft picks, this is real sad how bad these guys are losing if they are trying there hardest..i mean i'm not really taking it seroiusly cause i want them to lose, but it's sad..it's so much easier to watch them not caring if they win each night.

we gota wipe out this roster, i don't see much of anything from it right now..besides Harrington...get some nice trades with Lee Nate Curry Jefferies Q Duhon Hughes all of em

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, besides the young guys (Wilson and Gallo) the rest of the roster should be blown up. Harrington might be a good role player when we get a good team in a couple years. Trade Lee and Nate for draft picks and/or expiring conracts. Hope we can find someone good in the draft. Maybe we'll get lucky for once and win the lotto, Blake Griffin would look great in a Knicks' uniform...

TunerAddict

Starter
Yeah, besides the young guys (Wilson and Gallo) the rest of the roster should be blown up. Harrington might be a good role player when we get a good team in a couple years. Trade Lee and Nate for draft picks and/or expiring conracts. Hope we can find someone good in the draft. Maybe we'll get lucky for once and win the lotto, Blake Griffin would look great in a Knicks' uniform...

I'm not the highest on Blake Griffin...I mean, he is a little small to be a dominant post player in the NBA and doesn't have a jumpshot...Very David Lee like skill set...just more athletic.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I didnt even know we had a game today until I saw the final score on ESPN.com, oh well doesnt look like I missed much

Ok so now we have moved up in The Draft all we need to do is lose game two of this home and home and we now have the 8th pick.

JayJ44

Starter
I'm not the highest on Blake Griffin...I mean, he is a little small to be a dominant post player in the NBA and doesn't have a jumpshot...Very David Lee like skill set...just more athletic.

I see what you mean. But Griffin is better defensively, he's better at creating his own shot and he has a lot of potential. Besides a more athletic, defense playing David Lee isn't a bad player.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I didnt even know we had a game today until I saw the final score on ESPN.com, oh well doesnt look like I missed much

Ok so now we have moved up in The Draft all we need to do is lose game two of this home and home and we now have the 8th pick.

Me to man I thought it was a night game!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The (no bench) Toronto Raptors 6-game winning streak may come to an end after this game to ensure them some ping-pong balls....like it did the Chicago Bulls last year.

The Knicks Tanking-Plans were to obvious this season for Stern to let his ping-pong balls be nice to this Knick organization...

to obvious to the next NBA team