LEBRON: new york loves me.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LeBron rejecting the Knicks in 2010 is the best thing for this club if you really think about it.

We need to hurl boos at someone....on other team.

Something that'll give Knicks fans and players more unity and to play with something that the team has lacked this decade.

Pride.

The Garden fans are too divided these days.

One minute we boo our own players on intros next minute we're chanting MVP for Kobe.

WTF has the Garden turned into.

LeBron fits the bill as the perfect person to boo and hate LOL.

I much rather cheer for him during 41 home games than boo him for 3.

I agree lebron is not as house hold yet as people may think. Now he may be a big time star, but to be honest I see more commercials with dwayne wade than I do LBJ. hence Miami is a better market than CLV. Personally I have this reoccuring dream

colangelo ran the US team
D antoni asst coach
Knicks no GM
Lebron Wade best players on the team
D antoni coaches in NY
Colangelo used to GM for the suns and is close with D antoni
Lebron and Wade dantoni and calangelo going out to dinner in china for fried wontons and miso soup.
Conversation as such

colangelo walsh needs a GM summer of 2010 ill drop out of torontos sinking ship, jump on board in NY, help bring LBJ and wade to the knicks. with Dantoni, Nash signs at MLE, draft a big man this summer

and boom

Championship lol

I know its a dream, but it works doesnt ?

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
haha are you kidding me, an 8th seed if we get LeBron??? we were just out of reach this yr for most the yr of being in that 8th spot, we get the best player in the NBA i highly doubt we'll be 8th spot...we may not be 1st or 2nd right away, but we'd be up there no doubt and championship contending right away...or at least close to it..

And i don't really care what the Cavs have done to accommodate him, every and any team would change their franchise for him, that by no means he is binded to that team for his entire career... no team expects that to happen either...i don't think LBJ would have any regrets, especially if he were to win a championship..perhaps that'll be best for him coming here?

And yes while he has become a giant simply being on the Cavs, coming to New York City and being the same person would by definition make him a bigger player...something NY has never seen..

Thinking about it now, i'm not really sure what outcome i want from LeBron this yr and next as far as winning on his current team now goes...if he wins a championship this yr, and lose next mayb he'll feel like he gave them something...if he loses both he may not want to leave as he wouldn't have reached his goal yet...so idk.. i still think there's a good chance he's leaving and coming

ANU

Starter
i do think he'll win a championship this year.
maybe he gets hurt, then the fans get on him and he leaves next year :lol:

LeFlume

All Star
IF he came to NY and won a championship, can you guys even imagine?...
LeBron, would be bigger than the sport, Bigger than M.J ever was. When I say bigger I mean BIGGER not better.

LeBron would be what Babe Ruth are to baseball. Our grandchildren would talk about LeBron. Only "The Babe" would be on his level. Only "The Babe"....

Scribbles

Rotation player
This reminds me exactly like the Vince Carter situation.

Obviously, VC wasn't on the same platform as LBJ is now but at that point VC was one of the most sought out players in the league. Top 10 by far.

He ditched Toronto for the same exact reasons that people say LeBron will ditch Cleveland. Big city (NJ/NY same thing - it's still the Tri-State area), big market, blah blah blah.

LeBron James will not become the household name MJ is without those championship rings no matter what team he's on. He can't afford 4-5 more seasons to build a team around him. He already has everything set in stone for him out in CLE. For him to leave CLE will surprise me beyond belief.

Unless there's like a Jay Cutler fallout with him and the organization.

dave2138

Rotation player
Why does everyone say that Lebron has the team to win numerous championships in Cleveland where he wouldn't get that in NY. By 2010, Cleveland will have pretty much only Williams and Varajao as his role players. They will have a ton of cap space to add others, but so will the knicks.

I think either team has just a good a chance of building a team good enough to help him win multiple championships.

That's why I think that Lebron's decision will have nothing to do with winning or not. He'll win wherever he goes. The decision will be choosing between comfort (Cleveland) or whats best for the NBA (New York).

Red

TYPE-A
Don't mean to pick on you but please elaborate as to how NY will help him become bigger than the game.

I am the #1 LeBron enthusiast to come here but I'm keeping it rational.

1) He's already the biggest player in the NBA next to Kobe.

2) His endorsement deals will not grow bigger in an economic landslide. Being in NY will not do anything. He's already everywhere you look and hear basketball around here (NYC.)

If MJ would have come to NY, would it have been any bigger? Not really, cuz he was already the face of the league.

3) He doesn't need NY unless he's looking to establish himself as an absolute traitor. Plus our team will improve by 2010 but not by much. Does he really want to trade down roster talent?

4) He's at home in Ohio where the Cavs have literally changed everything about their franchise for LeBron. If he'd turn his back on them, that would forever linger with him throughout his career. I don't think he wants to keep answering those questions. ESPECIALLY IN THE NY MEDIA.

He's in Cleveland. So what? It's not Vancouver we're talking about. Cleveland is still a pretty large urban city like Chicago like New York. LeBron doesn't need NY.

NY needs LeBron.

That being said, LeBron is not going anywhere.

I Disagree... 1. Lebron has 4 rings to get to get to Kobe's level. If we're talkin fame (or popularity) Yao Ming is probably up there too internationally. 2. Believe it or not his endorsements and fame would skyrocket (especially if we win a champ) 3. Traitor? Is Wilt Chamberlain a traitor? How about Reggie Jackson or Gretzky? Sorry only Clev would think so (& they're insignificant). 4. "Pretty large urban city" not only inaccurate, he's not from Clev., and being a pro athelete means moving your family (duh... that's why you're paid millions). 5. NY needs LBJ????

Red

TYPE-A
cont'd

5. NY Needs LBJ? Hello, can you name a team that wouldn't want his services... thought so. Cleveland is doing what they can to win (like everyone else) and isn't so what's your point? Look I agree acquiring LBJ is a crap shoot, 50/50 at best but I think you guys aren't considering the right reasons for him leaving or us getting him. Winning is NEVER gauranteed no matter where he goes. He made the Cavs relevant so stop the making Cleveland the perrinial franchise in the league. It has nothing to do with his so called loyalties to OHIO! Its this simple... Like Jay - z Lebron isn't a businessman HE IS A BUSINESS MAN! With his savvy and historic knowledge and high profile personallity if givin a chance to sign with 1 of the "Most popular" franch's in the Largest Market right during a revitalization era THERE IS NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING Cleveland can offer that we can't. He is on a mission, he knows we only live once and thus he understands NY has as much a chance at winning/losing as Cleveland (with him). Therefore unless Clev. lands another All-star or HOF coach his legacy will only be cemented in NYC. There can never be another MJ. Kobe is like mini-MJ right now going for #4 (with the Zen master) his legacy cemented and almost done. LBJ is the King now and if he wins in Cleveland. If and only if he wins in NYC HE WOULD BE AN IMMORTAL GOD. ***P.S. If playing in NY doesn't matter ask yourself.... would Derek Jeter be Jeter had he not donned the Pinstripes? Playing in NY is like playing anywhere else... winning in NY is a whole other ballgame, wake up!

Red

TYPE-A
BTW.... what if the Knicks are his favorite franchise? What if he was a fan since young? What if he feels he always wanted to live in NY and play for the Knicks? What if winning doesn't matter as much as playing at the garden regularly? What if...?

BTW.... what if the Knicks are his favorite franchise? What if he was a fan since young? What if he feels he always wanted to live in NY and play for the Knicks? What if winning doesn't matter as much as playing at the garden regularly? What if...?

your last two posts

co
co
co
co
co
co
co
co
co
co
signnnnnnn

no body talks about lou al cindor in milwaukee they talk about kareem in LA

if the brooklyn dodgers moved to clevelend instead of LA they franchise probably would of fallen apart.

Why do you think the nets want to move to NY so bad, the change in the name instantly makes them more popular

no body reveres wilt in philly the way they revere wilt in LA

E manning half the QB his brother is, will go down further into the history books for his Super Bowl MVP than his brothers.

LA has kobe, so the next thing for LEbron is NY , I am almost certain He comes here no matter what. if he planned on staying in clv he would just say im staying in clv. i am having a hard time understanding why he would not just say im staying in clv if in the back of his head he knows his true calling is to ressurect new york the way that shaq did the lakers.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
What we need is to get Artest this offseason, and next season Nash and Wade to be a tough team.
Of course, we need a big man as well.

That's a great suggestion. I don't think Wade is going anywhere; Miami will move much quicker than Cleveland will to keep DWade. Cleveland should learn a lesson from Miami.
Chris Bosh to Miami this year

LEBRON2NY NEXT YEAR!!!

LEBRON2NY.COM

jimkcchief88

All Star
Honestly, after this latest thing with Leb*tch, I don't want him. I am serious. To be pissed off after a game is one thing. To have a day to think about it and sit in front of a camera all smug with a NY hat on and say " I am a winner, so I don't congradulate the other team when I lose.." Selfish and immature to be sure. Remember the last player like we had like that???? All the talent in the world, but selfish and immature???? I will give you a hint, it rhymes with carbury. No thanks. As soon as Leb*tch doesn't win, he will turn into the spoiled brat and the Garden would turn on him. At least you know who was a homeboy, so special treatment was afforded. Doubt Leb*tch would get treated alot worse. I am selling.

settle down guy, lebron has been a class act and a great face for not only the cavs, not only the nba, but the united states as an olympic competitor, I understand he made a mistake, but 24 year old kids do such things time to time. Lebron really really thought he was going to win it all this year, and I really think he acted his age for once. He has handled more pressure and more of a microscope than any professional athlete has at his age since mahammad ali and you can check your history to see im right. Personally I think he has handled it more than well.

Jordan had his gambling problems
Barkley spit into the crowd once
Shaquille oneil is by far one of the biggest shit talking assholes during post game interviews
Scottie pippen refused to come into the game during the final seconds of a playoff game because the play was not ran for him
Rasheed wallace has set records for technical fouls

Lebron James doesnt shake a mans hand and then tells the honest truth as to why he didnt do it ( all be it i dont agree with his actions ) but if your telling me you wouldnt want the aforementioned players because of their behavior your out of your mind.

LEBRON JAMES IS ALREADY A LEGEND

DO NOT EVER

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

compare him to STEPHON MARBURY on this site ever again

if you dont want LBJ on our basketball team

you officially eliminate yourself from being a true knicks fan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
settle down guy, lebron has been a class act and a great face for not only the cavs, not only the nba, but the united states as an olympic competitor, I understand he made a mistake, but 24 year old kids do such things time to time. Lebron really really thought he was going to win it all this year, and I really think he acted his age for once. He has handled more pressure and more of a microscope than any professional athlete has at his age since mahammad ali and you can check your history to see im right. Personally I think he has handled it more than well.

Jordan had his gambling problems
Barkley spit into the crowd once
Shaquille oneil is by far one of the biggest shit talking assholes during post game interviews
Scottie pippen refused to come into the game during the final seconds of a playoff game because the play was not ran for him
Rasheed wallace has set records for technical fouls

Lebron James doesnt shake a mans hand and then tells the honest truth as to why he didnt do it ( all be it i dont agree with his actions ) but if your telling me you wouldnt want the aforementioned players because of their behavior your out of your mind.

LEBRON JAMES IS ALREADY A LEGEND

DO NOT EVER

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

compare him to STEPHON MARBURY on this site ever again

if you dont want LBJ on our basketball team

you officially eliminate yourself from being a true knicks fan.

WHATEVER. Excuse me if after "Starbury" I am little wary of immature, spoiled brats in Knicks uniforms. Last I checked, there is no I in team, and basketball is still a team sport. That's why King James is sitting at home watching the playoffs just like me. Again, I don't fault him being upset after the game, that's human. But to have 24 hours to cool down and still be an ass???? That is a character flaw. Maybe he is a "victim" of the microscope. One to many "King James" Nike commercials made Le*itch believe he could actually walk on water or something. Whatever it is until he gets past that he will not win a championship like all the guys on your list above save Sir Charles. There is a difference between bad bahavior and bad sportsmanship. Have you ever watched a little league game??? 8 year olds shake hands even if the mercy rule is applied. Boxers get up off the canvas after being counted out and hug thier opponent. Its about respect for the sport and respect for yourself as well as your opponent. Until Le*itch learns this and stops acting like a petulant child, he will win nothing. Still selling....