Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danilo Gallinari Surgery is Tuesday and in NYC (not Italy)

Default Danilo Gallinari Surgery is Tuesday and in NYC (not Italy)

The Knicks announced Friday that rookie Danilo Gallinari will undergo a surgery to repair his back issues this Tuesday in Manhattan.

He'll have a procedure known as a "laminotomy" and he's expected to have a full recovery in six-to-eight weeks. It's doubtful he'll play in the NBA Summer League in July, but should be ready for the start of next season.

Thankfully, he is having the surgery in NYC.

He better be back for next year, lets see a good work ethic.

Lets Hope It All Goes Well.

Banned

Lets wish for the best, and a strong come back next season!

its good that he's having it done over here. if he would have done the surgery in italy it would have taken more time, plus he will get more comfortable with american hospitals. instead of going to italy everytime he feels something is wrong.

KnicksonLIN.com

SMH

Originally Posted by abcd
    SMH
    Thanks for proving once and for all that you're a worthless piece of ****.

Laughing at someone's injuries. Pathetic.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Thanks for proving I have a low reading level, ABCD.
    No problem, Tunafaggot.

Where in my post did it say that I thought Gallinari's injury was funny?

SMH is not the same as saying "Gallinari's injury is funny."

Learn how to read and then post, TunaFaggot.

As soon as he's back, all of the Gallosexuals will start making excuses for the man, when he reinforces my analysis: at #6, in such a deep draft, he can't help but be a bust: it's not his fault, he didn't pick himself. All these cats will outperform him, even Joe Alexander, and Walsh will continue to do damage control, until it's all forgotten; but, when these guys start to become stars, and some of them will, it's really going to hurt that we had a chance to get one of them but wasted our pick, instead, on a roleplayer: a guy who can do nothing but shoot threes and is a defensive liability.

Veteran

What all we seen from Gallo this season proves he will be NBA ready in the 2010-11 season....so dont get your hopes up high on a quick recovery after surgery for him to play next season. Maybe in the midseason maybe...

Wilson Chandler is the MAN!

Dr. Russel Huang, a spine surgeon in Manhattan, yesterday characterized [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s upcoming back surgery as "the smallest back surgery that there is," and said he thinks that because the Knicks rookie is just 20, his prognosis is promising.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The Knicks announced yesterday that Gallinari will have a laminotomy on Tuesday that will sideline him for what they're saying will be 6-to-8 weeks.
    The laminotomy, an operation to shave bony plates to relieve pressure on the spine, will take place at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Huang, who has been a spine surgeon at that hospital for five years, explained the procedure.
    "A laminotomy is basically the smallest back surgery that there is," Huang, who will not perform the surgery, told The Post in a phone interview. "I wouldn't call it a minor surgery because it is an actual spinal surgery, but it is quite literally the smallest back surgery that a person could have. I would say that most people have a very good recovery from a laminotomy."
    "I think it's a good prognosis," Huang said of Gallinari. "It's a good prognosis because at that age, he probably doesn't have a lot of disc problems."
    Gallinari said he was "pretty much" convinced that the surgery, which will be handled by Dr. Patrick O'Leary and observed by an Italian neurosurgeon, will repair his back. He's had problems since last July, missing all of the preseason due to a bulging disc. He played in only 28 games during the regular season.
    "It's been eight long months playing and going though the pain," Gallinari said, "so I cannot wait to feel like I used to feel some months ago."
    Huang said he believed the six-to-eight-week timetable "is a reasonable estimate." Though he is optimistic about Gallinari's recovery, Huang warned of two potential issues. The first is that "it's possible for the disc to re-herniate."
    He added, "The other problem is that when a disc herniates, what that really means is that the disc has begun to go bad. It's like when your tire springs a leak and starts to go flat."
    Huang said that condition can cause eventual debilitating back pain, though that typically is years away. Huang said he believes Gallinari's age, athleticism and motivation make him unlikely to suffer those issues.
    Gallinari has been told he likely can begin his rehab approximately 15 days after surgery. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni did not rule him out for summer league.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It is disgusting the way people are talking about someone who needs surgery. Grow a ****ing heart.

And it's not just someone. It's our 1st round draft pick. You'd think people would want him to make a full recovery, and play well. They would rather him be a bust, so they can be right.

All I said was that he's a bust, and the constant back problems are a sign, so are his one dimensional skills, that he is one. And I want to know where you two were, when Curry's kid, along with the girl's mother, were not even buried and people were still cracking jokes on him. Maybe if he was a 20 year old Italian, you'd have come to his defense.

I smell a hypocrite or two.

Could you at least wait until he's played a full season healthy before calling him a bust? In the upcoming season, if he still has back problems, and he's still not playing well, then say what you want. But it's not fair to judge him solely on this season.

You're defending Curry? ....Really? His entire career has been a huge fail. His kid and ex-girlfriend getting killed was a terrible tragedy. But he came to camp out of shape before that, and he's been nothing but a waste of space.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    All I said was that he's a bust, and the constant back problems are a sign, so are his one dimensional skills, that he is one. And I want to know where you two were, when Curry's kid, along with the girl's mother, were not even buried and people were still cracking jokes on him. Maybe if he was a 20 year old Italian, you'd have come to his defense.

I smell a hypocrite or two.
    Now you need to shut your mouth. I never cracked a joke during that tragedy. I said it was a damn tragedy and felt for him. I also defended him during the sexual harassment accusations. I may not like him as a player, but I don't hate on another human being because of it. My heart goes out to people in need. There was just a mass shooting in my home town. 7th deadliest shooting in US history. My heart is out to all my neighbors who may have lost someone they love, and I know loss as an old teacher who everyone in my school loved growing up was there helping immigrants learn english when it went down.

Don't even talk about hypocracy or not being sensititve to others problems. You wouldn't know empathy if it raped you.