View Poll Results: Will Eddy Curry make a succesful return next year & average 20ppg?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't be ****ing stupid.

11 78.57%
  • Don't be ****ing stupid.

9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYのトレード09 - Knicks Off-Season Trade Contest

Hybrid View

Trade Icon NYのトレード09 - Knicks Off-Season Trade Contest

トレード Official Off=Season Trade Thread. 

All trade thoughts for the off-season go here

This off-season is massive for us. Good trades/signings are essential. Currently, we're a ****ing expansion team at best.

Try the link below to view all NBA players individual contracts and salaries.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And there's also the ESPN trade machine which has been updated:

Here's a list of this off-seasons free agents as well.

There are also as we know, a plethora of veterans heading into their final year under current contracts. Don't forget them!

Remember, Lee & N8 are both sign and trades if you want to include them in a trade scenario.
    In order to trade either, you'd need to create a realistic contract and then trade them. eg: pay N8 $6m/year and then trade him for someone of equal or slightly more or less monetary value.

Blow Up The Knicks!

Additional Caption Contest

Curry - "There's more wood in my jocky than on the floor of MSG right now"
    Crawful - "You can add another shot to my nightly total"

Fags.

PS: This thread is old now, so some scenarios pale in comparison to any we could concoct with our #8 pick and those who have elected to test free agency etc. & may seem a little weird.

Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jun 28, 2009 at 21:38. Reason: you'll never know

dude, you said jpz more than once in a post! this thread gets a 5 star rating now!

Banned

eh............

Angry

chandler gallo, wilcox stay.

sign and trade nate robinson to the kings for francisco garcia.
    (the maloofs have a hard no for nate, and they could use him for marketing that team considering all there fans left)

trade harrington to the grizz for gay and darko, they get scoring at the 4 spot, and hand the team over to mayo.

sign and trade lee to portland for oden.

yup.you read right.

oden is a bust. lee is better than him(but we'd have to pay lee more)
    Aldridge and lee would be a nice tandem in the frontcourt.
    (even though prichtard is a bitch who wouldn't do it cause he thinks he knows more than anyone in basketball)

we'd get

darko, gay, francisco garcia and greg oden.

my projected starting five(not counting the lotto pick) would be
    HUGHES at point

GARCIA at shooting guard

WILSON at small forward

WILCOX at power forward
    (depending how well gallo gets back, i'd interchange wil and gallo between the 3 and 4, though gallo may not be strong enough yet to play the four,
    we'll see what happens)

ODEN at center
    (and when he's hurt or sitting, play darko or wilcox at the 5)

GAY as the sixth man.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ Hughes isn't a PG.

First thing I would do is get a real SG.

Nate Robinson

for

Garcia + 2nd rounder.

at PG????

I'm clueless...I would go for the draft and get the best PG available.

Buy some draft picks.

Get some talent @ the front court.

Primary motive would be to dump Curry, Richardson, Harrington, Hughes, Jefferies...

WE NEED TO OBTAIN A LOT OF TALENT AT THIS POINT...YOUNG CHEAP TALENT AND TEST OUT WHAT BEST WORKS FOR US.

Playing Hughes, Harrington, Jefferies, Richardson and Curry minutes at this point is a waste of time.

They won't be apart of future (hopefully)....I would just sign a bunch of DLers to 10 day contracts and have auditions....start the 09-01 preason season EARLY...why wait?

Originally Posted by metrocard

Primary motive would be to dump Curry, Richardson, Harrington, Hughes, Jefferies...
    this.

Right now i'm almost more looking forward to getting rid of some of these players then i am in what we get in return...this off season should be focused on getting rid of Curry / Jefferies and their contracts..then move down the list, getting rid of Q Nate and Lee, and Hughes and Harrington if need be...I'm thinking either Nate or Lee are going to be part of some package deal to get rid of Curry..we need to get some long term players in these trades though..we're not going to be able to wait till next off season to get players along with the superstars, we need to start building our sorrounding squad this off season so it's meshing well by the time James comes...i see Gay and Garcia being mentioned...those two wouldn't be bad...i think we should be able to get some good talent with all the people we have up for sale

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Hughes isn't a PG.

First thing I would do is get a real SG.

Nate Robinson

for

Garcia + 2nd rounder.

at PG????

I'm clueless...I would go for the draft and get the best PG available.

Buy some draft picks.

Get some talent @ the front court.

WE NEED TO OBTAIN A LOT OF TALENT AT THIS POINT...YOUNG CHEAP TALENT AND TEST OUT WHAT BEST WORKS FOR US.

Playing Hughes, Harrington, Jefferies, Richardson and Curry minutes at this point is a waste of time.

They won't be apart of future (hopefully)....I would just sign a bunch of DLers to 10 day contracts and have auditions....start the 09-01 preason season EARLY...why wait?
    Agreed & Agreed....
    My trade scenarios wouldn't indicate it, but the shooting guard issue hurts a lot. Not a fan of the Joe Johnson idea personally.

JR Smith of the Nuggets contract expires this year. He's a bit of a nutbar though. Still, he'd be handy to have running the lanes with a rookie pg in the middle & Chandler & or Gallo following on the opposite wing.

This pre-season is seriously making me nervous. A playoff berth would mean a lot for the free agents of 2010.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Apr 06, 2009 at 01:51. Reason: shift button keeps ****ing up

Originally Posted by ANU
    chandler gallo, wilcox stay.

sign and trade nate robinson to the kings for francisco garcia.
    (the maloofs have a hard no for nate, and they could use him for marketing that team considering all there fans left)

trade harrington to the grizz for gay and darko, they get scoring at the 4 spot, and hand the team over to mayo.

sign and trade lee to portland for oden.

yup.you read right.

oden is a bust. lee is better than him(but we'd have to pay lee more)
    Aldridge and lee would be a nice tandem in the frontcourt.
    (even though prichtard is a bitch who wouldn't do it cause he thinks he knows more than anyone in basketball)

we'd get

darko, gay, francisco garcia and greg oden.

my projected starting five(not counting the lotto pick) would be
    HUGHES at point

GARCIA at shooting guard

WILSON at small forward

WILCOX at power forward
    (depending how well gallo gets back, i'd interchange wil and gallo between the 3 and 4, though gallo may not be strong enough yet to play the four,
    we'll see what happens)

ODEN at center
    (and when he's hurt or sitting, play darko or wilcox at the 5)

GAY as the sixth man.
    I'd considered Oden as well but then I thought of Sam Bowie and nausea.

Keep Chandler, Nate (maybe), sign Wilcox

Let Lee walk
    Sign Paul Millsap!

Ill come up with more later

I lol at the win differential after the trade.
    Last edited by TunerAddict; Apr 06, 2009 at 01:02.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    トレード 

This off-season is massive for us. Good trades are essential. Currently, we're a ****ing expansion team at best.

I've done it before and so has JPZ. For those of us who enjoyed it including myself, I'd love to see who can figure out a realistic trade scenario that'd benefit the team.

Try the link below to view individual contracts and salaries.

And there's also the ESPN trade machine which has been updated:

Here's a list of this off-seasons free agents

Remember, Lee & N8 are both sign and trades if you want to include them in a trade scenario.

Basically, all that means is that you would have to give them a realistic contract and then trade them. eg: pay N8 $7m/year and then trade him for someone of equal or slightly more or less monetary value.

Pretty simple stuff! Always good to see what others can come up with as well.
    JPZ's trade thread from earlier in the season was good fun so I thought I'd cook up another one given the perfect timing.

Blow Up The Knicks!

I'm tearin' us apart!

Additional Caption Contest

Curry - "There's more wood in my jocky than on the floor of MSG right now"
    Crawful - "You can add another shot to my nightly total"

Fags.

And why hasn't anyone had a go at the additional caption contest?

Here's a caption:

Eddy: Damn, Jamal, your arm looks so...delicious...**CHOMP**

Default Trade that works!

If I was the GM, the way I would approach trades is to find the players that would fit Mike D's system. He likes his team and players to be fast moving, running and gunning yet play defense. That's why Shaq didn't work with the Suns!!

So here are the players I would trade for that I feel would fit his system and then I will break down how I would acquire them.

Tyson Chandler or Dwight Howard
    Lamar Odom
    Joe Johnson
    Marquis Daniels

Tyson at center
    Lamar at Power Forward
    Joe Johnson at the 2
    I would Keep Wilson Chandler at the 3
    Start Duhon at the 1 (I think he deserves a chance to start next year)
    I would have Marquis Daniels come off the bench to play at the 2 and 3 spot.
    Nate Robinson would be my backup at the 1-2 spots as well as the change of pace guy that could come in when needed.
    Keep Curry as a backup Center.

Now I said I would want either Tyson or Dwight at the 5.
    Dwight is a free agent after the 2010 season so if the Knicks feel they can get under the cap well enough to make a serious run after him, then I would wait. If the do not feel they have a shot at landing him and want to make a splash this off season, then Chandler is a perfect fit for Mike D's scheme. He can run the court, he's still young and he is a great defender/shot blocker. He also can play the 4 as well as the 5 so he is versitile which is something else that fits well in his system.

Lamar at the 4 fits as well. Again, he is a versitile player, can play the 4 and the 3, as well as having tremendous court vision and ball handeling skills so he can keep with the fluidity of a fast moving offense. He can also rebound and is a decent defender.

Joe Johnson at the 2 guard could be the staple of the offense. He can drive to the basket, hit long range shots, is clutch and has already flurished within Mike D's system when he was in Pheonix. Also, Joe is like Lamar where he has good passing skills and court vision.

Marquis Daniels is a free agent this off season and while he is not the prolific shooter or scorer that Mike D likes in his 2 guards, he is a very good defender! He can play both the 2 and 3 spot so he has versatility and he can pass the ball. Marquis Daniels coming off the bench would keep a consistancy with a level of talent, especially with defense, and would allow Johnson and Wilson Chandler to get ample rest within a game; thus leading to a healthier season all around for these players.

Eddy Curry - Curry has no one to blame but himself for his value dropping. I think he could have a value to this team if he uses this off season to prove that he wants to play and get's himslef in better shape. If this does happen then the Knicks could have a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 spots with Curry, Chandler and Odem. We have already seen what the Curry - Chandler tandem can produce from back in the day with Chicago! With Currym a legit center as a backup, this would help to keep the starting center healthier (whether it is Tyson or Dwight).

Wilson Chandler and Nate Robinson -
    Wilson Chandler has greatly improved this year and has taken steps towards becoming a very good defender (best shot blocker on the team this year) and has imroved his offense. He drives HARD to the rim and is still developing. He is ready, I feel, to start at the 3 spot.

Nate Robinson is a shooting guard and in the mold of Steph, can only create his own shot. What I Like about Nate is his energy and he, at time, can come in and change the pace of the game; especially when the Knicks are starting to get stagnet. Nate could be a backup to the 1 spot and play the 2 when instant offense is needed. His down side to this is doesn't seem to sustain those bursts so I feel is best role is as a backup 1 and spot player.

I think these players fit into Mike D's scheme and would be able to orchestrate the type of game Mike D wants from his team. THe all can play in a fast moving offense and players like Odom and Johnson, have the ability to keep the ball moving, that fluidity that is needed in this type of scheme.
    I see people want Bosh, Amare, LaBron.... While they are all great players, I am not totally sure they can excel in the type of game that Mike D like to play. The Knicks made a investment in D’Antoni and what he wants to bring to NY, this is the future of the Knicks so why not bring in the players that can execute D’Antoni's scheme. If you start to bring in players just because they are good players but not neccassarily good for what D’Antoni is shaping here, than we are back to exactly what Isiah did for years.... building a roster of players and not a team. I say let's do it right this time and get what D’Antoni needs and then put it on his shoulders!!

Default Forgot to add this

Here's how I would acquire the players:

Chandler - I would try to replicate the trade that was made that fell through. I would sign and trade Wilcox along with an expiring contract; I would throw in a draft pick as well.

Odom - Again, he is a free agent and the rumors around say he wants to leave LA. I would send Harrington's expiring contract along with another roster player, like Jeffries for him. Jeffries would be great in LA, they need a perimeter player/defender that won't steal time away from Kobe. Harrington brings allot of what Odom had but no as good a defender but better offensive player. Would add a pick if that got the deal done.

Johnson- Send Hughes expiring contract along with a sign and trade of David Lee. The Hawkes need a rebounder who can keep pace. I feel they are ready to part ways with Johnson and his contract is up after next season so Hughes contract doesn't add, it stays in line with Johnson's and Lee brings fron court help that they need. I think this move would help to put Atlanta over the edge!!

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Here's how I would acquire the players:

Chandler - I would try to replicate the trade that was made that fell through. I would sign and trade Wilcox along with an expiring contract; I would throw in a draft pick as well.

Odom - Again, he is a free agent and the rumors around say he wants to leave LA. I would send Harrington's expiring contract along with another roster player, like Jeffries for him. Jeffries would be great in LA, they need a perimeter player/defender that won't steal time away from Kobe. Harrington brings allot of what Odom had but no as good a defender but better offensive player. Would add a pick if that got the deal done.

Johnson- Send Hughes expiring contract along with a sign and trade of David Lee. The Hawkes need a rebounder who can keep pace. I feel they are ready to part ways with Johnson and his contract is up after next season so Hughes contract doesn't add, it stays in line with Johnson's and Lee brings fron court help that they need. I think this move would help to put Atlanta over the edge!!

I'd never thought of Lee for Johnson!? That's a good point! If the Hawks hang on to Zaza that would round their 5 & 4 spots nicely and we would take on Johnson. Can't say I've ever been a big fan personally, but he's shown what he's capable of & that's a trailer load more than Larry Hughes.

I gotta say it again, if Bosh wants out and we can lock him up before anyone else.....blah blah ****ing blah. Especially over Odom. He'll chip in a double double here in NY but Bosh would do better & is money better spent, unless Odom will go cheaply and that's impossible. That's how I see it anyhoo.

Would you throw in this years draft pick with Wilcox for Chandler? If we don't trade N8 I guess that'd be cool...Sort of... I just have the Ty Lawson itch & N8 irritates me with his jestering.

If Rubio declares, I'd trade N8 and our current pick in a meat beat for a high % chance at acquiring him (considering Ty Lawson as a fitting 2nd option). He's already a better defender than N8 at 18 years old and his name is "Ricky Rubio" for heavens sake! What a ****ing winner!
    ???????????????????????????????????