View Poll Results: Will Eddy Curry make a succesful return next year & average 20ppg?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't be ****ing stupid.

11 78.57%
  • Don't be ****ing stupid.

9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYのトレード09 - Knicks Off-Season Trade Contest

Default Trade that works!

If I was the GM, the way I would approach trades is to find the players that would fit Mike D's system. He likes his team and players to be fast moving, running and gunning yet play defense. That's why Shaq didn't work with the Suns!!

So here are the players I would trade for that I feel would fit his system and then I will break down how I would acquire them.

Tyson Chandler or Dwight Howard
    Lamar Odom
    Joe Johnson
    Marquis Daniels

Tyson at center
    Lamar at Power Forward
    Joe Johnson at the 2
    I would Keep Wilson Chandler at the 3
    Start Duhon at the 1 (I think he deserves a chance to start next year)
    I would have Marquis Daniels come off the bench to play at the 2 and 3 spot.
    Nate Robinson would be my backup at the 1-2 spots as well as the change of pace guy that could come in when needed.
    Keep Curry as a backup Center.

Now I said I would want either Tyson or Dwight at the 5.
    Dwight is a free agent after the 2010 season so if the Knicks feel they can get under the cap well enough to make a serious run after him, then I would wait. If the do not feel they have a shot at landing him and want to make a splash this off season, then Chandler is a perfect fit for Mike D's scheme. He can run the court, he's still young and he is a great defender/shot blocker. He also can play the 4 as well as the 5 so he is versitile which is something else that fits well in his system.

Lamar at the 4 fits as well. Again, he is a versitile player, can play the 4 and the 3, as well as having tremendous court vision and ball handeling skills so he can keep with the fluidity of a fast moving offense. He can also rebound and is a decent defender.

Joe Johnson at the 2 guard could be the staple of the offense. He can drive to the basket, hit long range shots, is clutch and has already flurished within Mike D's system when he was in Pheonix. Also, Joe is like Lamar where he has good passing skills and court vision.

Marquis Daniels is a free agent this off season and while he is not the prolific shooter or scorer that Mike D likes in his 2 guards, he is a very good defender! He can play both the 2 and 3 spot so he has versatility and he can pass the ball. Marquis Daniels coming off the bench would keep a consistancy with a level of talent, especially with defense, and would allow Johnson and Wilson Chandler to get ample rest within a game; thus leading to a healthier season all around for these players.

Eddy Curry - Curry has no one to blame but himself for his value dropping. I think he could have a value to this team if he uses this off season to prove that he wants to play and get's himslef in better shape. If this does happen then the Knicks could have a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 spots with Curry, Chandler and Odem. We have already seen what the Curry - Chandler tandem can produce from back in the day with Chicago! With Currym a legit center as a backup, this would help to keep the starting center healthier (whether it is Tyson or Dwight).

Wilson Chandler and Nate Robinson -
    Wilson Chandler has greatly improved this year and has taken steps towards becoming a very good defender (best shot blocker on the team this year) and has imroved his offense. He drives HARD to the rim and is still developing. He is ready, I feel, to start at the 3 spot.

Nate Robinson is a shooting guard and in the mold of Steph, can only create his own shot. What I Like about Nate is his energy and he, at time, can come in and change the pace of the game; especially when the Knicks are starting to get stagnet. Nate could be a backup to the 1 spot and play the 2 when instant offense is needed. His down side to this is doesn't seem to sustain those bursts so I feel is best role is as a backup 1 and spot player.

I think these players fit into Mike D's scheme and would be able to orchestrate the type of game Mike D wants from his team. THe all can play in a fast moving offense and players like Odom and Johnson, have the ability to keep the ball moving, that fluidity that is needed in this type of scheme.
    I see people want Bosh, Amare, LaBron.... While they are all great players, I am not totally sure they can excel in the type of game that Mike D like to play. The Knicks made a investment in D’Antoni and what he wants to bring to NY, this is the future of the Knicks so why not bring in the players that can execute D’Antoni's scheme. If you start to bring in players just because they are good players but not neccassarily good for what D’Antoni is shaping here, than we are back to exactly what Isiah did for years.... building a roster of players and not a team. I say let's do it right this time and get what D’Antoni needs and then put it on his shoulders!!

Default Forgot to add this

Here's how I would acquire the players:

Chandler - I would try to replicate the trade that was made that fell through. I would sign and trade Wilcox along with an expiring contract; I would throw in a draft pick as well.

Odom - Again, he is a free agent and the rumors around say he wants to leave LA. I would send Harrington's expiring contract along with another roster player, like Jeffries for him. Jeffries would be great in LA, they need a perimeter player/defender that won't steal time away from Kobe. Harrington brings allot of what Odom had but no as good a defender but better offensive player. Would add a pick if that got the deal done.

Johnson- Send Hughes expiring contract along with a sign and trade of David Lee. The Hawkes need a rebounder who can keep pace. I feel they are ready to part ways with Johnson and his contract is up after next season so Hughes contract doesn't add, it stays in line with Johnson's and Lee brings fron court help that they need. I think this move would help to put Atlanta over the edge!!

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Here's how I would acquire the players:

Chandler - I would try to replicate the trade that was made that fell through. I would sign and trade Wilcox along with an expiring contract; I would throw in a draft pick as well.

Odom - Again, he is a free agent and the rumors around say he wants to leave LA. I would send Harrington's expiring contract along with another roster player, like Jeffries for him. Jeffries would be great in LA, they need a perimeter player/defender that won't steal time away from Kobe. Harrington brings allot of what Odom had but no as good a defender but better offensive player. Would add a pick if that got the deal done.

Johnson- Send Hughes expiring contract along with a sign and trade of David Lee. The Hawkes need a rebounder who can keep pace. I feel they are ready to part ways with Johnson and his contract is up after next season so Hughes contract doesn't add, it stays in line with Johnson's and Lee brings fron court help that they need. I think this move would help to put Atlanta over the edge!!

I'd never thought of Lee for Johnson!? That's a good point! If the Hawks hang on to Zaza that would round their 5 & 4 spots nicely and we would take on Johnson. Can't say I've ever been a big fan personally, but he's shown what he's capable of & that's a trailer load more than Larry Hughes.

I gotta say it again, if Bosh wants out and we can lock him up before anyone else.....blah blah ****ing blah. Especially over Odom. He'll chip in a double double here in NY but Bosh would do better & is money better spent, unless Odom will go cheaply and that's impossible. That's how I see it anyhoo.

Would you throw in this years draft pick with Wilcox for Chandler? If we don't trade N8 I guess that'd be cool...Sort of... I just have the Ty Lawson itch & N8 irritates me with his jestering.

If Rubio declares, I'd trade N8 and our current pick in a meat beat for a high % chance at acquiring him (considering Ty Lawson as a fitting 2nd option). He's already a better defender than N8 at 18 years old and his name is "Ricky Rubio" for heavens sake! What a ****ing winner!
    ???????????????????????????????????

Superstar

Default 2009 Trade Realities

The 2008-09 salary cap is $58.68M. The luxury tax threshold is just over $71M. The salary cap is a function of NBA league revenue. Given the economy over this season, the cap is hardly likely to increase for the 2009-10 season.

Our cap for 2009-10, even without new increased contracts for Nate and Lee, is currently over $74M. Most of the teams are well over the cap for 2009. Twenty teams have 2009 salaries in excess of $60M. Five more are quite close to the cap --Philadelphia is at $57M. Indiana is at $55M, but this includes $7,354,500 in a team option for Marquis Daniels. Minnesota is at $56M, the Clippers at $54M, and Portland at $53M.

The teams with real 2009 cap room are Detroit at $36M, Oklahoma at $41M, Memphis at $46M and Atlanta and Toronto, each at $47M.

The concept of packaging Curry with Lee or Nate would make sense, but for the fact that, with Curry's $10M plus for 2009 and $11M plus for 2010, and with long term contracts for Lee or Nate in a sign or trade a move would require about $20M in cap space for the acquiring team and/or our taking back expensive contracts. Since we want to maximize cap space for 2010, we would want to take back only 2009 contracts.

Tracy McGrady and Jermaine ONeil each has a $23M plus contract for 2009 and Shaq, $20M. Is Curry -- with Lee or Nate -- a likely home for any of those teams?

I think we are stuck with Curry at least well into the 2009-10 season. If he gets into shape and gets to show some of his low post offensive prowess, someone might well be willing at the trade deadline to take the balance of his 2009 contract and his 2010 contract with limited further concessions from us.

Curry should be motivated. I believe he had asked for an advance on next year's salary. That suggests he has not been particularly thrifty. If he does not show something next year, 2010 will be his last big contract year.

Note that at least three of the teams with cap room --Memphis, Oklahoma, and Toronto -- will have good draft picks. Minnesota and, I believe, Oklahoma, have multiple first round picks. We could perhaps package Lee or Nate and our draft pick to move up or get an additional draft pick. We might also sweeten such a deal by taking a bad 2009 contract back in addition.

Jefferies could perhaps be moved for a bad 2009 contract. For example, Dallas's Stackhouse. He has a 2009 contract for $7.25M, but he does not carry a 2010 contract which Jeffries does.

Although we have several expiring contracts, they are all substantial. Who wants Hughes at $13M plus or Q-Rich for $8M plus? Harrington at $10M is no bargain either.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The 2008-09 salary cap is $58.68M. The luxury tax threshold is just over $71M. The salary cap is a function of NBA league revenue. Given the economy over this season, the cap is hardly likely to increase for the 2009-10 season.

Our cap for 2009-10, even without new increased contracts for Nate and Lee, is currently over $74M. Most of the teams are well over the cap for 2009. Twenty teams have 2009 salaries in excess of $60M. Five more are quite close to the cap --Philadelphia is at $57M. Indiana is at $55M, but this includes $7,354,500 in a team option for Marquis Daniels. Minnesota is at $56M, the Clippers at $54M, and Portland at $53M.

The teams with real 2009 cap room are Detroit at $36M, Oklahoma at $41M, Memphis at $46M and Atlanta and Toronto, each at $47M.

The concept of packaging Curry with Lee or Nate would make sense, but for the fact that, with Curry's $10M plus for 2009 and $11M plus for 2010, and with long term contracts for Lee or Nate in a sign or trade a move would require about $20M in cap space for the acquiring team and/or our taking back expensive contracts. Since we want to maximize cap space for 2010, we would want to take back only 2009 contracts.

Tracy McGrady and Jermaine ONeil each has a $23M plus contract for 2009 and Shaq, $20M. Is Curry -- with Lee or Nate -- a likely home for any of those teams?

I think we are stuck with Curry at least well into the 2009-10 season. If he gets into shape and gets to show some of his low post offensive prowess, someone might well be willing at the trade deadline to take the balance of his 2009 contract and his 2010 contract with limited further concessions from us.

Curry should be motivated. I believe he had asked for an advance on next year's salary. That suggests he has not been particularly thrifty. If he does not show something next year, 2010 will be his last big contract year.

Note that at least three of the teams with cap room --Memphis, Oklahoma, and Toronto -- will have good draft picks. Minnesota and, I believe, Oklahoma, have multiple first round picks. We could perhaps package Lee or Nate and our draft pick to move up or get an additional draft pick. We might also sweeten such a deal by taking a bad 2009 contract back in addition.

Jefferies could perhaps be moved for a bad 2009 contract. For example, Dallas's Stackhouse. He has a 2009 contract for $7.25M, but he does not carry a 2010 contract which Jeffries does.

Although we have several expiring contracts, they are all substantial. Who wants Hughes at $13M plus or Q-Rich for $8M plus? Harrington at $10M is no bargain either.
    I didn't know the tax threshold was substantially more than the cap.

I'm glad that provides a little leeway. Do you think Dolan's overly concerned with being even up to $10m over the threshold? That's chump change to a grillionaire. I'm sure if he were convinced by those in the know, that if exceeding the threshold were beneficial for the sake of garnering a stud player, he'd do it. I would!

Curry is basically an impervious 400lb hemorrhoid . Never to be traded! Thanks again Isiah. Can't blame your daughter for that one.

Out of all the teams with real flexibility, I'd say either Detroit, Philly or Atlanta would be most likely to show interest in Lee. I think (& I hate to say it) that we'll really struggle to get any sort of good return for N8, even after a reasonably solid season.

The Wilcox trade is a good thought. There's been interest before from the Hornets & he'd be a great addition given he's in fighting form. We'd need some more help at the 2 spot to round it out if he were acquired.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s

I'd never thought of Lee for Johnson!? That's a good point! If the Hawks hang on to Zaza that would round their 5 & 4 spots nicely and we would take on Johnson. Can't say I've ever been a big fan personally, but he's shown what he's capable of & that's a trailer load more than Larry Hughes.

I gotta say it again, if Bosh wants out and we can lock him up before anyone else.....blah blah ****ing blah. Especially over Odom. He'll chip in a double double here in NY but Bosh would do better & is money better spent, unless Odom will go cheaply and that's impossible. That's how I see it anyhoo.

Would you throw in this years draft pick with Wilcox for Chandler? If we don't trade N8 I guess that'd be cool...Sort of... I just have the Ty Lawson itch & N8 irritates me with his jestering.

If Rubio declares, I'd trade N8 and our current pick in a meat beat for a high % chance at acquiring him (considering Ty Lawson as a fitting 2nd option). He's already a better defender than N8 at 18 years old and his name is "Ricky Rubio" for heavens sake! What a ****ing winner!
    ???????????????????????????????????
    The problem with Rubio is that he is an unproven NBA guard. I've seen this happen so many times with guys that dominated in College just to fail in the NBA or be below average. The 2 games don't necessarily translate!

As far as Bosh is concerned, I agree that he is extremely talented but I am not sure if he would excel in D’Antoni's system. D’Antoni's game doen't focus on one player but is a moving offense. There is constant ball movement and he requires that his forwards and guards be able to pass the ball and have sort of a point guard mentallity. Look at Marion since he has moved on to different teams. His success was due to D’Antoni and his system. So I guess my point is if D’Antoni is the coach that is here to stay, then why not get him the pieces that will work and not try to put a "square peg in a round hole".
    Like I said in my other post, if we get players just because they are talented then we are back to what Isiah did and we will have the same outcome.
    I'm not say that Bosh wouldn't work well in the system, just that I haven't seen him in that type of offense except in the Olympics and it seemed that he struggled with it, as well as LaBron and Kobe; whereas Carmelo was extremly successful! See what I mean?!?!

The problem with Rubio is that he is an unproven NBA guard. I've seen this happen so many times with guys that dominated in College just to fail in the NBA or be below average. The 2 games don't necessarily translate!

As far as Bosh is concerned, I agree that he is extremely talented but I am not sure if he would excel in D’Antoni's system. D’Antoni's game doen't focus on one player but is a moving offense. There is constant ball movement and he requires that his forwards and guards be able to pass the ball and have sort of a point guard mentallity. Look at Marion since he has moved on to different teams. His success was due to D’Antoni and his system. So I guess my point is if D’Antoni is the coach that is here to stay, then why not get him the pieces that will work and not try to put a "square peg in a round hole".
    Like I said in my other post, if we get players just because they are talented then we are back to what Isiah did and we will have the same outcome.
    I'm not say that Bosh wouldn't work well in the system, just that I haven't seen him in that type of offense except in the Olympics and it seemed that he struggled with it, as well as LaBron and Kobe; whereas Carmelo was extremly successful! See what I mean?!?!
    First of all, Rubio does not play college ball. He's been playing professional basketball since he was 14 years old. He's an amazing talent with an exceptional basketball IQ. And he's only 18! He's the ideal PG for D'Antoni's system. The ideal situation would be to also get Nash as his mentor.

Second, you are comparing Bosh to Marion, which is incorrect. If you are comparing D'Antoni's Phoenix players to our possible 2010 lineup with Bosh, then Bosh should be compared to Amare. If D'Antoni plans on reproducing a similar lineup in NY, Bosh would most likely play Center.

Ok so lets build this one from ground up

We need a PG who can run Dantoni's offense. And the best player who we could realistically get is Kirk Hinrich [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PG: So we trade Q Rich's expiring contract for him straight up, The Bulls get cap help, we get a legit PG. Bulls in essence part with Hinrich for the flexability to go after a big name in 2010, namely D-Wade to pair with Derrick Rose in the backcourt.

I'll skip the SG and move to SF.

SF: We package Wilson Chandler and Larry Hughes to Detroit for Prince Kwame Brown (can be released right after he just makes the numbers work). Detroit is going into rebuilding mode, they are not a championship contender anymore and Prince represents 11 million in cap in 2010, Wilson is much cheaper ofcourse. They will have some serious cap room in 2010 (even more after this deal) to peice together a team. A nice young core of Stuckey,Chandler (home town kid), and Maxiel gives them some hope for the future, plus like 50 million in cap in 2010 to resign Hamilton and add a player like Amare and another good player. Prince is older, but is an upgrade over Wilson.

PF: We make our pick in this year's draft for with the intentions of trading it. We make the pick that Utah wants us to make and on July 1st we do a sign and trade with David Lee and this year's pick for Boozer (also a sign and trade). Boozer is a better offensive player who would do better in this system than Lee not as good a rebounder as Lee, but a better shooter and just overall better scorer. Lee and the lottery player is an even swap for Utah, Milsap and Lee make for a nice frontcourt, and if draft Jeff Teague or Gerald Henderson for Utah then there backcourt is pretty good as well.

Center: We trade Al Harrington and a 2012 pick for Tyson Chandler. This actually more than what NO was going to get for him from OKC at the trade deadline. We all want Camby, I think in this trade we get the Camby that played for us in 1999! We could potentially sweeten the deal by adding Duhon to package on our end for Mo Pete or James Posey for further cap help to NO.

Now we go in for the kill....

SG: We sign AI for a three year MLE with a team option the second year(in case he gets banged up again). If he gets hurt then we still have Nate to play the SG. AI should explode under Dantoni, he is Crawford with a basketball IQ, and would probably put up 23+

so how do we look

Hinrich
    AI
    Prince
    Boozer
    Chanler (Tyson)

Bench
    Duhon (nice backup)
    Nate (insurance if AI cant go or acts up)
    Danillo
    Jefferies
    Curry (trade bait during the 2010-2011 trade deadline, until then he plays the role Jerome James had been the past three seasons)

Inside-Outside scoring, a much much better defensive club. One former NBA Champion, Two players who have gotten to the finals, one former league MVP, Three All Stars; point being we have a core of players who know how to win in the league not perineil losers. This would be the best team we have seen since Pat left and for sure is a top 3 or 4 team in The East with a chance to get better each season they play together.

The only weakness is FT shooting on our froncourt and ofcourse inexpierience in playing together so not an instant contender, but, a relevant team once again who again will improve as they play more together.

Originally Posted by New New York

We need a PG who can run Dantoni's offense. And the best player who we could realistically get is Kirk Hinrich [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PG: So we trade Q Rich's expiring contract for him straight up, The Bulls get cap help, we get a legit PG. Bulls in essence part with Hinrich for the flexability to go after a big name in 2010, namely D-Wade to pair with Derrick Rose in the backcourt.

SF: We package Wilson Chandler and Larry Hughes to Detroit for Prince Kwame Brown (can be released right after he just makes the numbers work). Detroit is going into rebuilding mode, they are not a championship contender anymore and Prince represents 11 million in cap in 2010, Wilson is much cheaper ofcourse. They will have some serious cap room in 2010 (even more after this deal) to peice together a team. A nice young core of Stuckey,Chandler (home town kid), and Maxiel gives them some hope for the future, plus like 50 million in cap in 2010 to resign Hamilton and add a player like Amare and another good player. Prince is older, but is an upgrade over Wilson.

PF: We make our pick in this year's draft for with the intentions of trading it. We make the pick that Utah wants us to make and on July 1st we do a sign and trade with David Lee and this year's pick for Boozer (also a sign and trade). Boozer is a better offensive player who would do better in this system than Lee not as good a rebounder as Lee, but a better shooter and just overall better scorer. Lee and the lottery player is an even swap for Utah, Milsap and Lee make for a nice frontcourt, and if draft Jeff Teague or Gerald Henderson for Utah then there backcourt is pretty good as well.

Center: We trade Al Harrington and a 2012 pick for Tyson Chandler. This actually more than what NO was going to get for him from OKC at the trade deadline. We all want Camby, I think in this trade we get the Camby that played for us in 1999! We could potentially sweeten the deal by adding Duhon to package on our end for Mo Pete or James Posey for further cap help to NO.

SG: We sign AI for a three year MLE with a team option the second year(in case he gets banged up again). If he gets hurt then we still have Nate to play the SG. AI should explode under Dantoni, he is Crawford with a basketball IQ, and would probably put up 23+

so how do we look

Hinrich
    AI
    Prince
    Boozer
    Chanler (Tyson)

Bench
    Duhon (nice backup)
    Danillo
    Jefferies
    Curry (trade bait during the 2010-2011 trade deadline, until then he plays the role Jerome James had been the past three seasons)

Inside-Outside scoring, a much much better defensive club. One former NBA Champion, Two players who have gotten to the finals, one former league MVP, Three All Stars; point being we have a core of players who know how to win in the league not perineil losers. This would be the best team we have seen since Pat left and for sure is a top 3 or 4 team in The East with a chance to get better each season they play together.

The only weakness is FT shooting on our froncourt and ofcourse inexpierience in playing together so not an instant contender, but, a relevant team once again who again will improve as they play more together.
    That is a complete overhaul, and I really doubt that its possible...Plus it would most likely hurt our cap in the long run when we are resigning Boozer, Hinrich, and Prince, pretty much eliminating the fight for LeBron/Wade/etc...

Originally Posted by New New York

so how do we look

Hinrich
    AI
    Prince
    Boozer
    Chanler (Tyson)

Bench
    Duhon (nice backup)
    Danillo
    Jefferies

It's a massive upgrade I'll pay that. It's not necessary for you to do so, but if you can nut out the salary it'd take to pay all those players approximately, I'd love to know.

I'd thought of Hinrich. He's a solid point man and has definitely returned to form. Prince as well, brings a lot of D & a stone cold approach. AI is a gamble. Boozer....? Not sure about this guy. I know for a fact he's no passer and that's pretty crucial... Can't say I'd be down with him as a Knicker.

Tyson Chandler is another gamble. OKC said no, and they could use him even as much as we could. What was it? A ****ed toe?

Not trying to be a ****, but I think I'd only really want Hinrich out of the lot of them. Wickedly well thought through though. Good stuff.

And again, 2010 is Donnie's big plan. we need as much ca$h as we can spare, and that line-up is looking very hexy.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Apr 09, 2009 at 05:27. Reason: なんでもない

Yeah, I can see what you mean with Rubio, but, he's only 18 and passes beautifully! Still, hard to assume eithere way what'd happen? He's not built for the NBA that's for sure & could (another guess) end up as an olive eating Grant Hill. I'd give him the nod I think.

I think as far as "pegs & holes" go, Bosh would honestly be really good. I'm definitely not making a superstar call, but with a well rounded offensive game in an offensively fueled ship, he's got what we want. Handles, ambdidexterity, quick feet, 22 foot range, quick up and down the floor and can pass out of the post well on either hand.

But, if we got Bosh, there'd be no point resting the Knicks upon him as the franchise player. He's like red wine to steak in my mind. Excels with something (or someone) better. Think Scottie Pippen, Mark Aguirre, Rik Smits, John Starks and so on and so forth.

I think Melo was in the same boat, with a team full to the brim of superstars and a shortened perimeter, he had a field day just bombing in NBA long 2s. I never saw him score much inside & at 6,8" and 240 odd pounds that's a pretty big empty space.

I agree entirely about Marion. He was hand fed stats for a good while and is no doubt now realizing he shouldn't have complained about touches in Phoenix.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    First of all, Rubio does not play college ball. He's been playing professional basketball since he was 14 years old. He's an amazing talent with an exceptional basketball IQ. And he's only 18! He's the ideal PG for D'Antoni's system. The ideal situation would be to also get Nash as his mentor.

Second, you are comparing Bosh to Marion, which is incorrect. If you are comparing D'Antoni's Phoenix players to our possible 2010 lineup with Bosh, then Bosh should be compared to Amare. If D'Antoni plans on reproducing a similar lineup in NY, Bosh would most likely play Center.
    First of all I wasn't doing a direct comparison between Bosh and Marion, it was a situational observation. I was referring to the old argument; does the system make the player or the player make the system. Marion was an example of how the system made him a star and now the he has been removed from the system he is a shell of the player he was. So, in return, will the system be conducive to Bosh being successful? That's the x factor!

My point about Rubio is you can not say he will be successful; you just can not!! He's a unproven talent. That's why I brought up the point about college players that were so dominate coming into the NBA and not being successful.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. Bottom line is we know these boys are quality but as hometheatreguy said, "square pegs in round holes" and all the rest.

It's totally situational and circumstantial. I like to think it'd be perfect but it may not?

But, if I was offered a bet to lay down some green that Bosh and Rubio would play like machines on the Knicks, I'd make the bet because; I've seen what they can do, & I know Mike D (if given the chance) can orchestrate some brilliant basketball.

jpz is in first easy

Curry ,Nate, Q. Rich for McGrady

Donnie would be the greatest if he did that