NYのトレード09 - Knicks Off-Season Trade Contest

Will Eddy Curry make a succesful return next year & average 20ppg?

• Don't be ****ing stupid.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Don't be ****ing stupid.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The problem with Rubio is that he is an unproven NBA guard. I've seen this happen so many times with guys that dominated in College just to fail in the NBA or be below average. The 2 games don't necessarily translate!

As far as Bosh is concerned, I agree that he is extremely talented but I am not sure if he would excel in D?Antoni's system. D?Antoni's game doen't focus on one player but is a moving offense. There is constant ball movement and he requires that his forwards and guards be able to pass the ball and have sort of a point guard mentallity. Look at Marion since he has moved on to different teams. His success was due to D?Antoni and his system. So I guess my point is if D?Antoni is the coach that is here to stay, then why not get him the pieces that will work and not try to put a "square peg in a round hole".
Like I said in my other post, if we get players just because they are talented then we are back to what Isiah did and we will have the same outcome.
I'm not say that Bosh wouldn't work well in the system, just that I haven't seen him in that type of offense except in the Olympics and it seemed that he struggled with it, as well as LaBron and Kobe; whereas Carmelo was extremly successful! See what I mean?!?!

Yeah, I can see what you mean with Rubio, but, he's only 18 and passes beautifully! Still, hard to assume eithere way what'd happen? He's not built for the NBA that's for sure & could (another guess) end up as an olive eating Grant Hill. I'd give him the nod I think.

I think as far as "pegs & holes" go, Bosh would honestly be really good. I'm definitely not making a superstar call, but with a well rounded offensive game in an offensively fueled ship, he's got what we want. Handles, ambdidexterity, quick feet, 22 foot range, quick up and down the floor and can pass out of the post well on either hand.

But, if we got Bosh, there'd be no point resting the Knicks upon him as the franchise player. He's like red wine to steak in my mind. Excels with something (or someone) better. Think Scottie Pippen, Mark Aguirre, Rik Smits, John Starks and so on and so forth.

I think Melo was in the same boat, with a team full to the brim of superstars and a shortened perimeter, he had a field day just bombing in NBA long 2s. I never saw him score much inside & at 6,8" and 240 odd pounds that's a pretty big empty space.

I agree entirely about Marion. He was hand fed stats for a good while and is no doubt now realizing he shouldn't have complained about touches in Phoenix.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
First of all, Rubio does not play college ball. He's been playing professional basketball since he was 14 years old. He's an amazing talent with an exceptional basketball IQ. And he's only 18! He's the ideal PG for D'Antoni's system. The ideal situation would be to also get Nash as his mentor.

Second, you are comparing Bosh to Marion, which is incorrect. If you are comparing D'Antoni's Phoenix players to our possible 2010 lineup with Bosh, then Bosh should be compared to Amare. If D'Antoni plans on reproducing a similar lineup in NY, Bosh would most likely play Center.

First of all I wasn't doing a direct comparison between Bosh and Marion, it was a situational observation. I was referring to the old argument; does the system make the player or the player make the system. Marion was an example of how the system made him a star and now the he has been removed from the system he is a shell of the player he was. So, in return, will the system be conducive to Bosh being successful? That's the x factor!

My point about Rubio is you can not say he will be successful; you just can not!! He's a unproven talent. That's why I brought up the point about college players that were so dominate coming into the NBA and not being successful.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah, I agree with all of that. Bottom line is we know these boys are quality but as hometheatreguy said, "square pegs in round holes" and all the rest.

It's totally situational and circumstantial. I like to think it'd be perfect but it may not?

But, if I was offered a bet to lay down some green that Bosh and Rubio would play like machines on the Knicks, I'd make the bet because; I've seen what they can do, & I know Mike D (if given the chance) can orchestrate some brilliant basketball.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
But you did trade Curry.

Hmmmmmm.

I've been thinking about it, and have deciphered whose 09 team is better.

Mine

New New York

Quiet Storm
That is a complete overhaul, and I really doubt that its possible...Plus it would most likely hurt our cap in the long run when we are resigning Boozer, Hinrich, and Prince, pretty much eliminating the fight for LeBron/Wade/etc...

Look at it this way, if we did get Lebron, Dwade etc. who do we pair them up with? my trade scenerio doesnt land us a player of Lebron's caliber, but creates a complete team. Honestly the whole Lebron and class of 2010 is overatted, teams are not going to be able to get these players off the strength of cap alone, they are going to want to go to a team who has a chance to win, not a rebuilding team.

Also I think every trade proposed here is a roseter overhaul and is highly unliekly to happen.

But, I do think we need such an overhaul because our current roster consist of role players who have never been too successful.

TunerAddict

Starter
Look at it this way, if we did get Lebron, Dwade etc. who do we pair them up with? my trade scenerio doesnt land us a player of Lebron's caliber, but creates a complete team. Honestly the whole Lebron and class of 2010 is overatted, teams are not going to be able to get these players off the strength of cap alone, they are going to want to go to a team who has a chance to win, not a rebuilding team.

Also I think every trade proposed here is a roseter overhaul and is highly unliekly to happen.

But, I do think we need such an overhaul because our current roster consist of role players who have never been too successful.

I hear ya man, but it just doesn't seem possible. It is soooooooooo hard to just blow up a team like that. If it could be done, I'd support it. It is just that it doesn't seem that likely that we could indeed make those moves all together. Overhauling a team is mad hard.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I hear ya man, but it just doesn't seem possible. It is soooooooooo hard to just blow up a team like that. If it could be done, I'd support it. It is just that it doesn't seem that likely that we could indeed make those moves all together. Overhauling a team is mad hard.
**** yeah it's hard.

What won't be hard for us is to get much worse.

as far as an extreme revamp goes, we've got some expiring contracts but some of them are ludicrously expensive.

Holding on to them (Duhon, Harrington, Hughes etc) for another season is a strong possibility. If we send them packing with a boot in the ass and sign longer contracts, our flexibility diminishes and the flexibility of other teams outweighs our own thanks to no one but us.

Next season could very well be as painful in the win tally as this one.

It's breaking my brain just thinking about the umpteen possibilities and their pros & cons.

If any one can hit the nail on the head with a trade on this thread (a trade that actually happens I mean) then I'll eat my hat.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
^ oh yea i don't think anyone go come close to what we'll end up with, but fun talkn bout nonetheless...(aside from LeBron that is :smokin:)

as for that New New Yorks line up...yea there isn't one star, and you can call it a 'complete' line up..but we way more likely to get James then get all all those semi star players and fit em all in nice and smooth like that..not that id want them tbh...AI is a scrub flashy player in my eyes... i'd much rather have a James and build nicely around him..

as for the FA being overrated and them not wanting to go to a rebuilding team.. i disagree. The more things play out, the more i think James will be coming here...he can careless what 'stage' we are in...LeBron can take a bunch of scrubs and bring them to the finals first yr, he'll win anywhere as we know...he loves ny, he sees we've been making this room for him, and lets face it, we are NY, and he's LeBron ' bigger then the game' James...Clev fans will understand, he won't be shun from his home town forever, or banished as people try to make it seem...he'll be rockin in the NY going to Yankee games chillin with CC..

As for who we'll get to go with LeBron, that i'm not quite sure of, and is Donnie's job to figure out...which is why this offseason is so important...we don't want to be acquiring his sorrounding cast the same yr we get him, we want to start building them now...so it's a sort of risk to assume we'll get James and go after players that will work well around him this yr, but i think it's a risk were all willing to take...i think we'll be landing a big star eitther way, and we're going to need a nice cast either way, so hopefully that'll be done at least a little bit this offseason...As i said, i'm feelin pretty good about James becoming a Knick right now..and at the end of the day, not much else matters :smokin::gony:

get to work Donnie..you got one hell of a job to do

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
2782.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Nate Robinson #4 PG - Sign and Trade @ $6m/year for 4 years and the trade works.
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>SPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>18</td><td>4</td><td>1.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
For.....
<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
2754.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Channing Frye #44 PF - Welcome back doofus.

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>4</td><td>2.2</td><td>0.3</td></tr></tbody></table> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player -->
3204.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Rudy Fernandez #5 SG

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>3P%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>10.2</td><td>2.1</td><td>.384</td></tr></tbody></table>
As much as I'd love it to, this'll never happen.

So, I've gone for...........

1731.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Chris Wilcox #9 PF
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>7.2</td><td>4.5</td><td>0.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
2782.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Nate Robinson
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>SPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>18</td><td>4</td><td>1.3</td></tr></tbody> </table>
For.....

984.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont --> Tyson Chandler #6 C
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>8.8</td><td>8.7</td><td>1.2</td></tr></tbody></table>New Orleans are financially fingered... They've proven they're willing to take on Wilcox and N8 would be very handy in Pargo's absence.

Now, Chandler's stats don't jump out at you flashing their tits, but he's 7.3"
and blocks more shots than anyone else on this team.

In this scenario, Lee could then be traded along with Harrington for Bosh (a trade that works if Lee were payed approx $9m/year)

So, with Chandler and Bosh added to the current line up, we're looking at a decent 5, but depth is an issue. If we managed to be lucky enough to draft Ty Lawson, we'd have a 5 of:

5. Chandler
4. Bosh
3. Gallo
2. Chandler
1. Ty Lawson

Decent.... AND LEAVES ROOM FOR 2010

But....

The bench would be shit.

Duhon, Fats Gay, Hughes, Q, Jeffries and some other 10 day contract guy.

We'd need another big to back Chandler and a better SF than Q.

Getting high and devising master plans can be very strenuous. Until you have another pipe. I shall indulge active immediately.
After Chandler's efforts vs the Nuggets I'm gonna have to start again.... ****ing woeful!

Collectively throughout 4 games, these are his accumulative stats:

18 points

18 boards

1 block

2 assists

4 or 5 turnovers

fouled out in the blowout of game 4.

I'd keep Wilcox at this stage!

Jesus H

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
After Chandler's efforts vs the Nuggets I'm gonna have to start again.... ****ing woeful!

Collectively throughout 4 games, these are his accumulative stats:

18 points

18 boards

1 block

2 assists

4 or 5 turnovers

fouled out in the blowout of game 4.

I'd keep Wilcox at this stage!

Jesus H

Those stats dont mean much considering Chandler isnt 100% healthy at all.

dave2138

Rotation player
How about sign and trade Nate Robinson to Minnesota for 1st round pick #18, 2nd round pick (Philadelphia) + Brian Cardinal (expiring contract).

If Minnesota found someone they think can be an average-above average PG, maybe they don't pick Jennings and get a true center in Thabeet instead.

Knicks can pick best available at #8 regardless of position. Then fill a position of need (PG) at #18, Flynn, Teague, Maynor, Holiday should all go around #14 - #22 in the draft.

Resign David Lee to play center for 1 more year. Then find a true center next off season through FA (Tyson Chandler) and move Lee back to PF.

2009 lineup
Maynor/Teague/Flynn/Holiday #18 pick
Chandler
Gallinari
Harrington
Lee

Duhon
Richardson
Hughes
Tyreke Evans #8 pick
Jefferies
Curry
2009 2nd round pick from Philly

2010 lineup
Maynor/Flynn/Holiday/Teague
W. Chandler
James
Lee
T. Chandler

Tyreke Evans
Gallinari
Jefferies
2nd round picks + mid level exception FA

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
How about sign and trade Nate Robinson to Minnesota for 1st round pick #18, 2nd round pick (Philadelphia) + Brian Cardinal (expiring contract).

If Minnesota found someone they think can be an average-above average PG, maybe they don't pick Jennings and get a true center in Thabeet instead.

Knicks can pick best available at #8 regardless of position. Then fill a position of need (PG) at #18, Flynn, Teague, Maynor, Holiday should all go around #14 - #22 in the draft.

Resign David Lee to play center for 1 more year. Then find a true center next off season through FA (Tyson Chandler) and move Lee back to PF.

2009 lineup
Maynor/Teague/Flynn/Holiday #18 pick
Chandler
Gallinari
Harrington
Lee

Duhon
Richardson
Hughes
Tyreke Evans #8 pick
Jefferies
Curry
2009 2nd round pick from Philly

2010 lineup
Maynor/Flynn/Holiday/Teague
W. Chandler
James
Lee
T. Chandler

Tyreke Evans
Gallinari
Jefferies
2nd round picks + mid level exception FA

Nate can only be signed and traded after july 1st where the draft is in june so he have to agree before(destination wise and sallary) so the teams can arange in advance. They pick for us at #18 and second round and then in july the trade is finalized. Same scenario for D-lee. So Nate and D-lee have the upper hand in any transaction.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The finals are over gents.

Show what you've got as a GM now we're heading into the biggest off season potentially in NY history.