Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayJ44

Starter
The NBA section is kinda dead so I figured a new thread wouldn't hurt. What are some playoff match ups you're looking forward to?

The West should be very interesting this year. Outside of the Lakers, all the teams out west are very evenly matched. Curious to see if the Rockets can get out of the first round without T-Mac. Ron Artest has been playing great for them, and Yao is getting the ball more. Also, I can't wait to see how Denver performs in this postseason. Chauncey Billups has really helped them both offensively and defensively. They're in 2nd right now, I think they can make a nice run.

In the East, their are some good match ups too. Looking forward to see how the Hawks do this postseason. Young team, a lot of talent, got some playoff experience last season. I'm thinking that Boston will get upset in the first or second round. KG has missed so much time, that he won't be the same come playoff time.

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lol this nba section has been dead for a while, and some of these west matchups are almost too good to be true.

new orleans is my team that i think can surprise ppl, right now they wud have to face the spurs which wud be an awesome first round matchup.

and denver-utah is the one i wud most look forward to with the current standings.
my hope is that the blazers play the spurs in the first round and how bout a cp3 vs dwill first round matchupp??? tht wud be sickk

and i dnt see the bulls upsetting the celdicks, maybe the pistons.

JayJ44

Starter
I like the Hornets, but they have to get healthy. Tyson Chandler has been out most of the year, and Peja always seems to have some sort of injury. Also, the loss of Jannero Pargo hurt them. They don't have anyone else to come in and score. CP3 and David West are the only guys on that team that can create his own shot. I can't see them beating the Spurs in a 7 game series unfortunately, especially if San Antonio has home court advantage.

CP3 vs D-Will would be pretty cool. I think the Jazz would dominate it though, even though CP3 is the better player. The Jazz are a much better team.

Yeah, the Bulls are too young, they won't be upsetting anyone. But if the Celtics meet the Pistons in the 1st round, I could see them losing. The Pistons are better than their record. They've got a lot of weapons, even though they miss Billups.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nothing beats a good upset. I'd love to see the Magic do well even though they're division rivals.

So long as the underdogs shine I'm beastly careless until the Knicks return to the postseason.

If i had to pick the teams I'd like to see do well, they'de be:

Denver, Portland, Atlanta & Orlando.

Boo to the Cavs, Lakes, Celtics & Spurs....... & The Mavs

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LeBron and the Cav's got the title in the bag, im sure they will win it if they get home court throughout the playoffs.

Cav's vs. Lakers

Cav's win in 6 at their home court.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Something interesting to note.

Whenever Phil Jackson wins 60 games in a regular season, he always wins a ring.

I predict this

ECF
Cleveland> 2 Seed (orlando or boston)

Cleveland makes it
Orlando, Boston, who gets the 2 seed wins this
Atlanta has been slumping lately. Not a good way to enter the playoffs
I hope Philly overtakes Miami.

WCF
LA Lakers > Denver

San Antonio is done. Manu's injury ended their hopes.
Houston needs Landry back, they are still a great team, but he is the X-Factor IMO. im and Aaron Brooks.
Utah can't do it without home court advantage. We already know that.
Portland is raw, and probably the only lower seed that has a chance of round 2. Them and New Orleans. Depends on Peja, Chandler, and West's health.
Dallas would play LA. tch.
PHX is done.

My predictions:
1 Cleveland
2 Orlando
3 Boston
4 Atlanta
5 Philadelphia
6 Miami
7 Detroit
8 Chicago

Potential upsets
DET over ORL
PHI over ATL

1 LA
2 Denver
3 Houston
4 San Antonio
5 New Orleans
6 Portland
7 Utah
8 Dallas

Potential Upsets
POR over HOU
NOH over SAS

metrocard

Legend
NOH over SAs isn't really an upset IMO.

Miami will take down Boston.

Orlando
Cleveland
Philadephia will advance.

For the west.

Lakers obviously.
Denver
Houston
New Orleans

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the Lakers will win the championship, this year. Most likely, the Lakers learned from their mistakes, so I think they will come out even more ready than they were last year. The only team I could see beating the Lakers is the Boston Celtics, but I do not see lightning striking twice against a team as hated as the Celtics. The Cavs are an elite team, but I do not see them beating the Lakers.

Kobe > Lebron
Gasol > Ilgauskas

They are all highly skilled players, however.

LeFlume

All Star
I think it will be an upset. With that being said, It won't be Lakers, Cleveland or Boston this year.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I think it will be an upset. With that being said, It won't be Lakers, Cleveland or Boston this year.

Who then?
Orlando cant do it without Jameer Nelson.
Atlanta? yes? yeah, no.

I want to see Denver beat LA in LA first before i can label them a championship contender. That game is on today.

San Antonio- Nope. No Manu
Houston- Nope. Got swept by LA in regular season.

Last edited:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'm thinking it's going to be a Lakers v Cavs championship this yr

could go either way, i'm going with Cavs though..Jame will beast them...

i've also been thihnking, I think it's best for our chances of James coming here if he DOes win this yr or next...tht way he'll feel he gave Clev something before he left...he's not the type of player that would stay with the team just cause they won either, he knows they won cause him if they do

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
I'm thinking it's going to be a Lakers v Cavs championship this yr

could go either way, i'm going with Cavs though..Jame will beast them...

i've also been thihnking, I think it's best for our chances of James coming here if he DOes win this yr or next...tht way he'll feel he gave Clev something before he left...he's not the type of player that would stay with the team just cause they won either, he knows they won cause him if they do

James can never go anywhere with Kobe guarding him. It's like double knockout. Whenever they play each other they both hold each other to under 20 points. No way James can beast the Lakers Kobe is much stronger and athletic for James to win the championship. Anyone who says James is better than Kobe **** that, he is not.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Roy beasted the Rockets yesterdays for 42. dude is sick, he's real underrated in terms of how good a superstar he is i think he's easily top 10 in the league and soon he could be a top 5 lock.

i wish we get a player of his caliber one day:boohoo:

JayJ44

Starter
Brandon Roy is probably my favorite player in the league. I love how he plays; good passer, great scorer. He's always so smooth on the court, and he's always playing at his own tempo.

What's even more impressive about his game last night, is that it was against the 2 best perimeter defenders in the NBA (Artest, Battier). For him to drop 42, against that defense, in the playoffs, really amazing.

This should be a great series. The first game was just the team showing it's youth, I think they got over it. But they're gonna have to be prepared to play on the road in the playoffs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Brandon Roy is probably my favorite player in the league. I love how he plays; good passer, great scorer. He's always so smooth on the court, and he's always playing at his own tempo.

What's even more impressive about his game last night, is that it was against the 2 best perimeter defenders in the NBA (Artest, Battier). For him to drop 42, against that defense, in the playoffs, really amazing.

This should be a great series. The first game was just the team showing it's youth, I think they got over it. But they're gonna have to be prepared to play on the road in the playoffs.

lol i remember u saying that ur fav player was between cp3 or nate robinson? u change quite quickly dont ya lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea same here i really like Roy's game and what he brings to the table.

LeBron, Wade, Roy and W.Chandler are my fav players.

smokes

Huge Member
yea same here i really like Roy's game and what he brings to the table.

LeBron, Wade, Roy and W.Chandler are my fav players.

Did you watch the Blazers Rockets game 2? Looking at the box score seems like it might be a nice game to watch, worth a download?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
@ smokes, hell yes. just tht rose garden brings excitement. its truly "blazermania" there, i really cant wait till the knicks make the playoffs cuz im sure as hell gonna be cheering for em just as loud lol.

and ma top five players are (non-knicks)
1. Chris Paul (i loved this guy at wake forest, and sure as hell love him in new orleans lol, still remember a debate with one of my friends who said marvin williams wud be the better pro lol....)
2. Kevin Durant (once this guy gets bulked up...anything's possible lol)
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Joe Johnson/ Brandon Roy (given some love to the 2 most underrated stars)
5. Dwight Howard

3-5 is subject to change frequently lol