Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jorquera

Rookie
I honestly believed Hornets could trouble the top teams. They are probably the biggest disappointment so far, I really thought CP3 would get them bit further than five games.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I honestly believed Hornets could trouble the top teams. They are probably the biggest disappointment so far, I really thought CP3 would get them bit further than five games.

yea a healthy cp3 with a healthy hornets team. every1 including him was injured except rasual butler. i mean i had them going to the western conference playoffs if they were healthy, but this year just wasnt their year. the thunder rescinding the chandler deal doesnt look so bad now

JayJ44

Starter
The Hawks-Heat series is finally over. That was the worst series I've ever seen. Every game was a blowout, but for different teams. How is it possible for a series to go 7 games, with the average margin of victory over 20 points? Thank god it's finally over...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
woooow looks like Rockets are going to take the first game against Lakers!!

Yao is a damn warrior, that guy is all heart...

go Rockets!!

pat

Starter
woooow looks like Rockets are going to take the first game against Lakers!!

Yao is a damn warrior, that guy is all heart...

go Rockets!!

Wow! I really didn't expect Rockets win. This shows you what chemistry can do for you.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow Kidd is sooo annoying to watch...he's like Duhon x 100 ... he has a wide open lane to the basket and he never looks for the shot, and always looks to make an assist... it's to the point where he's like becoming selfish in the way he does it, the way he's constantly looknig to pass pass pass...shoot the damn ball!

j kidd is such a scrub now

Pricey

Rotation player
Cavs have got the East, man they look like they r on a different level to everyone else.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd love to see a Rockets v Nuggets WCF series. **** the Mavs & the Lakes & **** Phil Jackson. The nuggets are playing tough, high paced ball on both ends & look hard to beat. Nene's running the floor like a small forward and even that Birdman clown is playing some high level ball!

Artest is showing he can bring it against the best & McGrady is growing more and more unwanted. I'll be hating it if we sign him, & I doubt we will.
Yao's staying healthy and putting up very respectable numbers.

I like Von Wafer's explosive game too. He's a free agent this year and could be a potential sign and trade for N8 perhaps? Apparently he is a bit of a nut bar though.

It's a shame Mutombo went down though. The Rockets have a real chance at an upset I think if health and fatigue don't affect the big fella. Mutombo's back up absence might play a role in their demise against the purple and gold fairies.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The one team that I think can beat both the lakers and the Cavs is the Houston Rockets. They're playing great basketball, the Houston fans love Ron Artest which is great to see. He was never that bad of a guy, it seems like most players in the NBA like him.

Denver has been very impressive, what a difference Billups has made with that team.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i agree man, like i said in the preseason its Cavs vs Rockets with the cavs taking it in 6.

lol i still think the lakers wud win, but who seriously thought at the preseason wud think tht the rockets wud be looking so impressive without t-mac? im guessing u made tht prediction thinking the rockets wud have a three-man combo. its jst amazing how much beta they do with ron-ron as their leader instead of tmac. next year if tmac can allow himself to be a 3rd option he cud fit in again. i still think they need him healthy in order to win it all

sealy23

Rookie
I can't stand watching these games on ESPN. Other than Hubie Brown, I think everyone on ESPN sucks in comparison to the TNT crew.

No way the refs let Houston win tonight. Kobe will be driving to the bucket all day knowing he's gonna get a whistle. I hope somebody puts him on the floor w/ a little extra.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I can't stand watching these games on ESPN. Other than Hubie Brown, I think everyone on ESPN sucks in comparison to the TNT crew.

No way the refs let Houston win tonight. Kobe will be driving to the bucket all day knowing he's gonna get a whistle. I hope somebody puts him on the floor w/ a little extra.

Charles, CWebb, Kenny, Ej > Avery and them people

I want Houston to win, i hate LA. PLus, Denver vs. Houston would be a fantastic series.

JayJ44

Starter
I can't believe they called a flagrant 2 on Artest for that foul on Gasol. That is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It didn't mean much towards the outcome of the game, since there was like 30 seconds left. But in no way was that a flagrant foul. The referees are such bitches lately, it's shameful.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

if u talking about pregame show i agree with you, avery johnson and jalen rose suck balls. but i love the mike breen-mark jackson-van gundy combo, and hubie brown is good 2. i think espn and tnt are equal when it comes to the actual commentators, but as i said bfore i think espn's pre game and post game suck. i can barely understand avery johnson lol

pat

Starter
Wow. That Dallas-Denver game was another example of how much the refs hate Mark Cuban. Wright shouldn't have stopped playing, but there are certain conventions and at the time Carmelo took that shot nobody else on the floor was playing basketball anymore.

JayJ44

Starter
When you want to a foul a guy in a situation like that, you have to leave no doubt that you're fouling him. Antoine Wright should have wrapped him up or something. In the last seconds of the game, you have to make sure the refs know you want to foul.

Still really sucks for the Mavs though. That team has no luck.

JayJ44

Starter
Yao out for the remainder of the playoffs

HOUSTON (AP)—Yao Ming(notes) will miss the rest of the playoffs because of a broken left foot.
The Houston center limped off the court late in the Los Angeles Lakers’ 108-94 victory over the Rockets on Friday night. Yao missed Saturday’s practice to get treatment and the team said the 7-foot-6 All-Star would be re-evaluated on Sunday.
But the Rockets announced later Saturday night that further examination of Yao’s injury revealed a hairline fracture. The Rockets say Yao will need 8-12 weeks to recover, though no surgery is required.
The Rockets and Lakers play Game 4 of their Western Conference semifinal series on Sunday. The Lakers lead the series 2-1.
Yao had 19 points and 14 rebounds in Friday’s loss, his sixth straight double-double. But he was noticeably limping by the fourth quarter and finally hobbled off the court in the final minute, with the outcome decided.

Yao has been the focal point of the Rockets’ offense since Tracy McGrady(notes) had season-ending knee surgery in February, and Houston finished 21-8 without McGrady. Yao has been plagued by serious leg and foot injuries in each of the previous three seasons, but played in 77 games in 2008-09.
His left foot has given him problems before.
Just four games before the end of the 2005-06 regular season, Yao broke the fifth metatarsal in the foot in Utah and missed the playoffs after surgery. In February 2008, Yao sustained a stress fracture in his foot and missed the postseason again, returning in time to play for host China in the Olympics.
After the Rockets’ practice on Saturday, Ron Artest(notes) said Yao told him that he’d be ready for Game 4. However, coach Rick Adelman prepared his team as if Yao wouldn’t be available.
“We have to play to our strengths,” Adelman said. “Everybody has to play to their strengths and understand what they can do to help us win. You do it collectively. There’s strength in numbers, and that’s what we have to understand.”
The Rockets went 3-2 without Yao during the regular season and 19-8 without him in 2007-08. A total of 12 players missed 179 games for Houston this season, and the Rockets still managed to go 53-29.
“We’ve won without people all year long,” Adelman said. “It’s just one more case. You can’t dwell on who’s not here. You have to dwell on who is here. These guys truly believe, if we go out and play the way we’re capable of playing, we can win a game.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-yao&prov=ap&type=lgns
Wanted to see the Rockets beat the Lakers. :fury:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
lakers getting smaked by 23 right now, just what i love to see

the rockets got the toughness to beat the lakers

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
What a game for the Rockets today!!! That team is assembled so well that even with Mcgrady, Yao, and Mutombo out with serious injuries they can still win and play so perfect as they did today.

Damn I wish our Knicks can someday become a TEAM of no excuses and just play their guts out each time out. I really enjoy this game today seeing the Lakers getting hammer. Yea.....