Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clumsy

Rotation player
Rockets got lucky without Yao. They can win without McGrady because he hasn't been healthy for 3 years or so, but they can't without Yao. He does too much on offense...mainly having a buncha effective post moves and good passing.

Also watching more of Dwight Howard....i kinda think he is overrated....He has no post moves right now.

EDIT: Overrated as....he is still the 2nd best center in the NBA. Once he gets post moves he'll be teh best.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sux so hard that Yao went down...

They had a real shot I thought.... Crushing defeat today and the future looks really bleak even with that impressive home win...

Dwight Howard showed his lack of an all round game today and now the Celdicks are 1 win from getting to the ECFs. If only Nelson were in form.

So many big names that have succumbed to injuries are huge (non) factors in the playoffs this year!

Garnett
Nelson
Mutombo
Yao
Josh Howard (though still playing)
Manu
Horford (played through it)
McGrady
Ben Gordon (played through it)
Luol Deng

That's a hell of a lot!!!!

If i could wish an instant recovery to any of them, it'd be Yao.

JayJ44

Starter
The Rockets are up 13 to 1 on the Lakers. It's looking like a repeat of game 4. I REALLY hope the Rockets beat the Lakers, and advance to the conference finals.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I am with you there dude....

Even if they don't win, I'd love to see it go to 7 so the Lakers are worn going into the WCFs v Denver....

I can't watch... It's too nerve racking...

Thank god Orlando got through tonight. Please let them win game 7. I think i hate every player on the Celdicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And they've nabbed it!!!!!!! Bloody magnificent..

Scola is bad ass!

The Lakers had only 11 assists collectively! That's sad! Bring on the doubt!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the more the playoffs play on the more it looks like the cavs have this championship on lock they have the most chemistry and their bench is ne of the best and they're we'll rested.

nice to see the rockets smacking the lakers thats what i love to see, if they can reach into their trick bag one more time and beat them sunday that'd be great.........lets go rockets!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Damn, houston!:boohoo:

However, i thik they acomplished so much this season. With Yao and Tmac out, they went the extra mile. All those players work their asses off every single game, and that's why theyre so successful. I wish we had a team in which every player gives 100%. Rick Adelman deserved COTY.

Also people, check out he most recent issue of Sports Illustrated. Has an article featuring Shane Battier on how to guard Kobe. good read...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this day woulda been sweeter for me if the rockets had won but at least the celtics got knocked out, :beer:

finally their luck ran out but it was only a matter of time after all those game 7's

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
this day woulda been sweeter for me if the rockets had won but at least the celtics got knocked out, :beer:

finally their luck ran out but it was only a matter of time after all those game 7's

four game 7s in 2 postseasons. even with garnett, DAMN! cant yall close? lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
four game 7s in 2 postseasons. even with garnett, DAMN! cant yall close? lol

Even with all that talent they cannot win against an up-and-coming team. SMH

I'm looking forward to the cleveland vs. Orlando series. Should be very entertaining.

what I find interesting is how the young superstars are taking their teams deep into the play-offs. Lebron, Dwight, and carmelo are leading the way for their teams.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im sorry to say but i disagree on the carmelo part he is a superstar and he is important to that team, but ultimately it's because of billups that they are still playing, carmelo's taken them to the playoffs but they never advanced till this year it's all billups i hope we get a player of that caliber on our team soon. Dude is clutch and is one of the best leaders in sports, easily a HoF in my books

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
im sorry to say but i disagree on the carmelo part he is a superstar and he is important to that team, but ultimately it's because of billups that they are still playing, carmelo's taken them to the playoffs but they never advanced till this year it's all billups i hope we get a player of that caliber on our team soon. Dude is clutch and is one of the best leaders in sports, easily a HoF in my books

outside the lines did a great story about billups before. this has to be a one-of-a-kind story (correct me if that statement is wrong). but going from the "guy-who-got-drafted-after-duncan" bust to a future HoF. just unheard of to me at least. 7 straight conference finals, hes a hall of famer for sure. his resume isnt even complete eitha. great story is chauncy billups. used the most out of oppurtunity

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Mr big shot made melo better. Melo focuses on leadership and defense, and his iq has definitely gone up this past season. Chauncey is the Commander, but Melo has been delivering most of the clutch buckets. In the playoffs, i think they both have been an equal part of Denver's success. When Billups retires and Melo's still playing, uits not like hell forget all he's learned. He will continue to get better. Chauncey is just what he needed. I remember someone comparing him to Al harrington a while ago. forget it now, id want melo here. Defense.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i pray the player we draft this year ( Lawson:crossfingers:; assuming we dont get the top 2 pick) can become a Billups type leader and overall player

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Lmao...there ain't shit to disagree with. Melo is the face of that team, that's why I said what I said.

Not taking away anything from billups but melo is playing BIG as well.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well yes he is the face of the franchise but he isn't the sole reason why his team is this good, compared to what lebron and kobe have done for their teams.

JayJ44

Starter
Game 1 of Magic-Cavs was great. The Cavs had the refs on their side, were at home, and the Magic still beat them. I can't believe Lebron had 49 points, 8 assists, and the Cavs still lost. Magic take game 1!

I predict Magic win in 7.