View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA championship?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

    9 52.94%
  • Celtics

    0 0%
  • Cavaliers

    6 35.29%
  • Magic

    2 11.76%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 127

Thread: Official NBA Playoffs Thread

  1. #91
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I dunno, Kobe & Lebron have established their global net worth. Howard is on the rise & adding Melo to the fray has to be good for broader sales & exposure. I'd love to see a Cavs v Nuggets finals. Or a Magic Nuggets. So long as the Lakers get bumped I'm happy with either of those 3 teams gettin' their gold.

    The Lakers are gay. I just really don't like anyone on the team bar Gasol. Vujacic is a lesbian.

  2. #92
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I dunno, Kobe & Lebron have established their global net worth. Howard is on the rise & adding Melo to the fray has to be good for broader sales & exposure. I'd love to see a Cavs v Nuggets finals. Or a Magic Nuggets. So long as the Lakers get bumped I'm happy with either of those 3 teams gettin' their gold.

    The Lakers are gay. I just really don't like anyone on the team bar Gasol. Vujacic is a lesbian.
    lmao, its been sad seeing him shoot though, last year he was money, now ur scared wheneva he shoots

  3. #93
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Mike Brown is really a bad coach. He has no idea what he's doing. He's changed his rotation almost every game, and has no answer to the Orlando mismatches. The fact that he got coach of the year is a joke.

    Lebron doesn't have anyone to help him. Mo Williams has been extremely overrated the whole year, and that team is just full of role players. Every single player on their roster is easily replaceable.

    Unless the Cavs make some blockbuster trade bringing Chris Bosh or Amare (which really isn't possible, since they have no trade assets), Lebron will most likely leave Cleveland.

  4. #94
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Mike Brown is really a bad coach. He has no idea what he's doing. He's changed his rotation almost every game, and has no answer to the Orlando mismatches. The fact that he got coach of the year is a joke.

    Lebron doesn't have anyone to help him. Mo Williams has been extremely overrated the whole year, and that team is just full of role players. Every single player on their roster is easily replaceable.

    Unless the Cavs make some blockbuster trade bringing Chris Bosh or Amare (which really isn't possible, since they have no trade assets), Lebron will most likely leave Cleveland.
    its not as easy to solve this, no matter who the cavs put out on defense, turk+lewis have a size or speed advantage. the only one who cud stop eitha is lebron, and he cud only guard one at a time. then u got superman, who zydrunas "big snail" illgauskas is to slow to guard, varejoa isnt strong enough, and big ben isnt big ben anymore. there jst is no answer for mike brown to beat this team other than riding on lebrons shoulders, and counting on ppl like mo williams and delonte west to be making their shots.

  5. #95
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    ^I agree to an extent. But he never tried going small.
    PG- Mo Williams
    SG- Pavlovic
    SF- Szerbiak
    PF- Lebron
    C- Ilgualskus/Varajao

    This is their best shot at guarding them, IMO. But Brown is so uncreative, one dimensional, and stubborn as coach, he'll never try it. But the Magic do cause a lot of difficult match-up problems.

  6. #96
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    there jst is no answer for mike brown to beat this team other than riding on lebrons shoulders, and counting on ppl like mo williams and delonte west to be making their shots.
    And that doesn't really work because Lebron is getting tired in each and every game. Orlando always has a (big) lead and as soon as the game reaches the fourth quarter you can count on Orlando taking over the game.

  7. #97
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Im pullin for the Magic tonight, i would love to see lebrick eliminated

    In this series alone, Dwight Howard has solidified himself as being top 5 in the NBA. He would have even better numbers if the refs weren't making all these calls in the Cavs favor

  8. #98
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ASU...excellent point.

    Orlando obviously controls the pace of this series.

    But if Cleveland can't beat Orlando with their style...then, how can they beat Orlando with their own style?

    Orlando are superior at shooting...plus they have an INSIDE PRESENCE.

    Big Z can't dominate like Dwight....Lebron comes from the perimeter and tries to create on his own.

    Williams is a pick and roll guy...not really going to break down the defense by himself...good spot up shooter, not great shooting off the dribble.

    West is random.

    Cleveland's best bet is rely on their defense to create offense.

    Dwight is turnover prone.

    Take advantage of it.


    But I don't see them winning the series.

    Orlando to the Finals.

    I'm not going to predict the West....too tough right now.

  9. #99
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    And that doesn't really work because Lebron is getting tired in each and every game. Orlando always has a (big) lead and as soon as the game reaches the fourth quarter you can count on Orlando taking over the game.

    true but dont forget the other point i made, mo williams and delonte west makin their shots. hey ive been defending mo williams as an all-star, and while i still think he is one, hes playing like a role player, like jay predicted. he cannot be missing open shots, and shooting these terrible percentages. and west needs to start shooting at a high level. u realize these games have been super close, with lebron playing by himself? if he gets williams and west to show up, this cud be a clevand comeback (hopefully not). lets face it the cavs are a GREAT defensive team. to be hanging in when they have so many matchup problems is plaudible. but shots created by lebron need to start going in, but im with msg i hope the magic win this series.

  10. #100
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Mo Wiliams was Arroyo's back up in Utah...I never thought he was an all star...Rose got snubbed.

  11. #101
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Dwight Howard needs to start holding the ball higher up, like Pau Gasol. He's always getting stripped in the post because he's holding the ball down by his legs. He needs to take advantage of his height, and hold the ball up over his head, in order to get less turnovers.

  12. #102
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    its not as easy to solve this, no matter who the cavs put out on defense, turk+lewis have a size or speed advantage. the only one who cud stop eitha is lebron, and he cud only guard one at a time. then u got superman, who zydrunas "big snail" illgauskas is to slow to guard, varejoa isnt strong enough, and big ben isnt big ben anymore. there jst is no answer for mike brown to beat this team other than riding on lebrons shoulders, and counting on ppl like mo williams and delonte west to be making their shots.


    lol and thts exactly what happened and the cavs win. hopefully orlando wins next game i want cleveland to lose. but kenny smith made a good point by saying, that it took a superhuman performance by LBJ jst to keep the game close which doesnt bode well for the cavs, there is no doubt tht lebron is getting fatiged out there. but for today im gonna appreciate what i just saw, the most gifted basketball player in the world willing his team to victory.

  13. #103
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Game 1 of Magic-Cavs was great. The Cavs had the refs on their side, were at home, and the Magic still beat them. I can't believe Lebron had 49 points, 8 assists, and the Cavs still lost. Magic take game 1!

    I predict Magic win in 7.
    I don't want to see Lebron in the finals. For some reason, i don't see how they dominated at all. His teammates didn't convert in game 3, and they lost. Also, he had 8 turnovers, maybe cause he had the ball in his hands too much and orlando broke him down?

    This team lives and dies with lebrons teammates.

  14. #104
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Cavs lose!!!! Lebron has to go fishing.


    Dwight Howard's performance tonight was incredible. He should have gotten more consideration for MVP. An efficient 40 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists.


  15. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lebron just left after the loss. No congrats or shaking hands to the Magic. I hope he changes his attitude. I do not like to see players like that, especially if they ever play for the knicks (not saying he will).

    I am glad the Magic won.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:55
  2. Official Trade Deadline Thread
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2009, 22:42
  3. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  4. Official NBA Lottery Thread
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2008, 06:49
  5. NBA Playoffs 2006 Thread
    By rady in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 23, 2006, 11:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •