Thread: What is Cap-Flexibility

Veteran

Nyk Logo What is Cap-Flexibility

I hope everyone understand that lowering our Salary Cap and not having a Super-Star and a average Star on our roster when lowering our salary cap does not give us "Cap Flexibility" it makes us an expansion team.

Here is what "Cap-Flexibility" means

Orlando Magic had Howard, Turk, and Nelson when they lowered their cap.
    Phoenix Suns had Marian, Amare, and Joe Johnson when they lowered their cap.
    Boston Celtics had Super-Star Paul Pierce and a long roster of upcomming young star players with rookie contracts to be flexible in the trading market to get a veteran Super-Star and Star player.
    Which we may see alot of teams with a young roster (Portland) get succesful overnight doing in the 2010 offseason (sign and trade) or 2009 trading deadline.

The list of potential free agents in 2010 is deep and spectacular. There are superstars:

Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Tracy McGrady and Dirk Nowitzki.
    There are perennial All-Stars:
    Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Josh Howard, Manu Ginóbili, Jermaine O'Neal and Steve Nash. And there are high-level role players: Luis Scola, Tyson Chandler, Stephen Jackson, Mehmet Okur, Hedo Turkoglu, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Marcus Camby.

I wonder what kind of money a guy like T-mac can be looking at. No one will throw superstar money at him at this point. He have missed an avg of 28 games the last four seasons. The length of his next contract might also be an issue.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

call me crazy but i would take a chance on T-Mac he can still light it up and is trouble for opposing defenses and he's more of a team player now,

i wouldn't mind signing him for 1-or-2 years with a team option after each season.

1-or-2 years at 6-7 mill per.

Crazy Prince

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I hope everyone understand that lowering our Salary Cap and not having a Super-Star and a average Star on our roster when lowering our salary cap does not give us "Cap Flexibility" it makes us an expansion team.

Here is what "Cap-Flexibility" means

Orlando Magic had Howard, Turk, and Nelson when they lowered their cap.
    Phoenix Suns had Marian, Amare, and Joe Johnson when they lowered their cap.
    Boston Celtics had Super-Star Paul Pierce and a long roster of upcomming young star players with rookie contracts to be flexible in the trading market to get a veteran Super-Star and Star player.
    Which we may see alot of teams with a young roster (Portland) get succesful overnight doing in the 2010 offseason (sign and trade) or 2009 trading deadline.

The list of potential free agents in 2010 is deep and spectacular. There are superstars:

Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Tracy McGrady and Dirk Nowitzki.
    There are perennial All-Stars:
    Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Josh Howard, Manu Ginóbili, Jermaine O'Neal and Steve Nash. And there are high-level role players: Luis Scola, Tyson Chandler, Stephen Jackson, Mehmet Okur, Hedo Turkoglu, Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Marcus Camby.

Why is Tmac under superstar???

Superstar salary

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Why is Tmac under superstar???
    lol i was thinking the same thing

i don't want any old broken down douchbags who don't win here.i want winners.we get the guard situations settled this upcoming draft, see if we get james in 2010, and/ or howard in 2011.
    we already got our forward positions down pat(hopefully gallo gets healthy), harden or derozan with flynn,wil, gallo and howard will get us that championship.I think it's more likely howard comes here than james to be honest.

^ Dwight Howard ain't going anywhere...and i'm hopin your not talkin bout Josh Howard...

Tmac is old, and broken down.. not worth the money anymore..

If we can get LeBron and any other name up there i'd say do it...doesn't seem like we'd be able to get two superstars and still pay for a whole roster, so if we can get him and any other perenial we'd be golden..if not still gotta take LBJ alone over any other person...

Veteran

Nyk Logo What Teams have the best flexibility on 2010 FA

The number one team right now that looks to have the best "Cap Flexibility" in 2010 FA offseason is the San Antonio Spurs whom only big contracts will be Tim Duncan & Parker. Their plan seems to be signing a star FA inwhich the team is in need of....before resigning Ginobli and their other FA players on the team.

My guess is....

Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker will be in the 2010-11 FINALS.....this season and next season FINALS belong to Kobe, Lebron, and D.Wade, out of the 3 Super-Stars they have these two seasons to get their Championship Ring before the Spurs take back their Crown in the 2010-11 season.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

T-Mac is done. He's a quarter of his self now a days. He just had microfracture surgery, the one that takes away a player's explosiveness. No player has ever come back to his old form after this surgery, and at his age he's clearly done.

What were you watching T-Mac's dunk on Shawn Bradley? The one that officially retired the 7'6 poster child?