I know It's early...

LeFlume

All Star
..but our 161M investment didn't impress me. That fat **** couldn't find the strike zone. I'm sure he would have missed Grand Canyon if he so stood on the edge and pitched.

th3realicon

Rotation player
IT'S ONE GAME.

And CC has always been a slow starter anyways. I am not worried yet. What worries me is that our bullpen looked shabby to say the least. They got bombed. I just hope they get their sh!t together otherwise we will see Joba on the 7th and 8th inning sooner than later.

LeFlume

All Star
IT'S ONE GAME.

And CC has always been a slow starter anyways. I am not worried yet. What worries me is that our bullpen looked shabby to say the least. They got bombed. I just hope they get their sh!t together otherwise we will see Joba on the 7th and 8th inning sooner than later.

Lets hope A.J Burnett gets a better start than CC. I know CC is a slow starter. I was just a bit worried, him being in NL and all, No easy outs in AL East and he better get that asap, fastball fastball fastball won't work. Too many good hitters in AL East.

th3realicon

Rotation player
He played only half a season in the NL. He has always been an AL power pitcher. He is big and needs time to get it going. Again i wouldn't be worried about him. The bullpen on the other hand is another story. Appart from MO we have no proven reliever.

Also Tex didn't look to good today. Probably it was because the whole damn Camden Yards was booing him for not going to the Os.

LeFlume

All Star
I've been worried about our pitching since Mel Stottlemyre left, I was worried even than but even more so now. That day I'm not worried about pitching I'm done, :afro:

Tex had a ruff day with the bat but he bailed out Jeter twice with some awesome defensive plays on the bag. He will be great for us. I also like Gardner. Did you see that throw when he got Mora at the plate? awesome, and an enormous upgrade defensivly compare to Damon and Melky I missed A-Rod. That Schmuck at 3rd cost us a few runs today..

th3realicon

Rotation player
Yeah Cody Ransom made me regret my most hated Yankee. A Fraud would have handled those routine balls much differently and would have added a couple of hits in the process.

Gardner is fast but his plate appearance kind of has me puzzled. He has no pattience whatsoever. The kid needs to relax and take some bad pitches instead of chasing them.

At this point i really can't wait for AJ Burnett to start pitching. He was lights out in spring training ang i had a feeling he would end up being our best pitcher for the season. Also Wang should be doing his thing tomorrow and frustrate them Os with his sinker.

LeFlume

All Star
I Think Wang can give us 18-19 wins if healthy. As always with him, it's important that he stays ahead in the count. Hopefully he will be aggressive and go after them, When he is ON, his sinker is one of the toughest pitches to hit in all of baseball. When he is OFF, well that's another story...

I Agree with what you said about Gardner. The Dude needs to chill at the plate. Wait for the right pitch to hit. He scored a run and saved us from another one today so he did OK. But like you said, more patience wouldn't hurt.

LeFlume

All Star
Yankees used Nick Swisher on the mound in the 8th inning last night. He was the only Yankee pitcher that didn't give up a run. Are you kidding me? A switch hitting role player is doing everything for us at this point. He is our best offensive weapon and we have to put him on the mound. I don't know about the rest of you Die Hard Yankee fans but I think Girardi don't know what he is doing. He have coached poorly up to this point. Give me Sweet Lou, Give me Lou Pinella. I always liked Joe but, We need a manager with fire. Joe is just one of the guys. He played with half of them...

Paul1355

All Star
..but our 161M investment didn't impress me. That fat **** couldn't find the strike zone. I'm sure he would have missed Grand Canyon if he so stood on the edge and pitched.

When every other pitcher in the Majors is running out of gas by the 7th inning your going to see CC and AJ Burnett finish many games in the 8th and 9th innings because they are workhorses that are worth that sum of money.

CC dominated last year towards the end of the season, when it counted, and pitched on 3 days rest and brought his crappy Brewers team to the playoffs...I trust him over any other lefty in the game right now.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
C.C got it together. and Burnett has been lights out. but Wang has been shit, hopefully he comes around soon.

Swisher has been a beast, looking like a great pickup i want him to start over Nady. Texiera has been slow to start but as usual he'll get his mojo.

we'll be fine.

Paul1355

All Star
C.C got it together. and Burnett has been lights out. but Wang has been shit, hopefully he comes around soon.

Swisher has been a beast, looking like a great pickup i want him to start over Nady. Texiera has been slow to start but as usual he'll get his mojo.

we'll be fine.

A friend of mine who is a White Sox fan said that Nick Swisher did great the first three weeks for the Sox last year then suddenly sucked all year so let's hope Nick Swisher stays consistent for most of the year because he has been more valuable then Nady ever was.

LeFlume

All Star
Chien Ming Wang

Maybe it's time to send him down so he can get his stuff together. This was just awful to watch. He looked like he was pitching in the HR derby. 3 starts from Wang and he haven't reached the 5th inning yet. He's been our best pitcher the last couple of years. This is sad..The Dude needs help..and that is quick. It looked like he was about to cry out there today.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
New Yankee Stadium on steroids?

Comment Email Print Share<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"New%20Yankee%20Stadium%20a%20home%20run%20nightmare", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4080195", published: "2009-04-20" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </SCRIPT>
<CITE class=source>By Buster Olney
ESPN.com
Archive </CITE>
<!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body -->The New York Yankees might have a serious problem on their hands: Beautiful new Yankee Stadium appears to be a veritable wind tunnel that is rocketing balls over the fences.

[+] Enlarge <CITE>Nick Laham/Getty Images</CITE>The Indians' Shin-Soo Choo blasts one of Cleveland's six home runs at new Yankee Stadium on Saturday.

This was in evidence again on Saturday, when the Indians posted six homers, including 14 runs in the second inning. Cleveland eventually won 22-4 -- and the Yankees and Indians have combined for 14 homers in the last two days.
"With the way the wind has been the last couple of days, right field is a joke," one official said. "I would say at least three or four home runs in this series would be routine outs in nearly every park."
There have been five games played in new Yankee Stadium, including two exhibitions against the Chicago Cubs, and so far there have been 25 homers -- including 17 in the first three games in the Yankees' first home series against the Indians.
That's an average of five home runs per game and, at this pace, there would be about 400 homers hit in the park this year -- or an increase of about 250 percent. In the last year of old Yankee Stadium, in 2008, there were a total of 160 homers.

this ain't gonna help our pitchers at all........

LeFlume

All Star
Yesterdays loss had 2004 Sox magic written all over it. Yank bases loaded in the 8th nobody out and can't knock in an insurance run. 26 out's and 2k when Jason Bay hit that homer of Mariano Rivera..It makes me wanna puke...