Finally an end to a horrible season............the last game.

Who do you want the knicks to trade for the most

• T.Chandler

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Chris Bosh

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Amare stoudemire

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Dantoni at press conference :

"Chandler showed big improvement this year.. Gallo as well" .." Nate and Lee improved their stock"

Think it's safe to say we just watched their last games...we'll see..

JayJ44

Starter
I totally disagree with you on Lawson being our pg! You mean you're passing up on Willie Warren/Brandon Jennings if available at 8th spot? Willie Warren reminds me alot of Russell Westbrook and by adding Warren we can get rid of Nate Robinson via FA or Sign-and-Trade. Lawson is not a lottery pick, he is a first rounder though.

I doubt Jennings will be available at 8th. If he is, I'm open to either one. I like Jennings, Lawson's a great talent, I would be happy with either one. To me, I think I would rather have Lawson.

I also like Warren. He would be good in this system. But Lawson is better, IMO. He is one of the most underrated players in this draft. I think he will be a superstar in this league. He's got speed, passing, defense (8 steals in the championship game), and he will be a good shooter. He's the perfect PG for this system.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Aside from the top few i'm not looking to much into this draft, don't think there's too much aside from the first few that we won't get...as they said on the post game show, we don't need a specific position to be filled, we looking for any players that we see can be long term assets to the team and are overall talented players...we ain't looking for a specific big man, or a pg or w/e....that being said, aside from the first few, i don't know much of the other top prospects, and Lawson seems like he'd be a good choice ... the dude on the post game show mentioned him first or second for prospects...im not sure how good he'll be, but i think he's worth seeing..and will surely be avaliable by our pick...

i'm looking more to who we can get from some trades tbh though, i think we'll get more talent from that obviously...but Lawson wouldn't be bad.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I doubt Jennings will be available at 8th. If he is, I'm open to either one. I like Jennings, Lawson's a great talent, I would be happy with either one. To me, I think I would rather have Lawson.

I also like Warren. He would be good in this system. But Lawson is better, IMO. He is one of the most underrated players in this draft. I think he will be a superstar in this league. He's got speed, passing, defense (8 steals in the championship game), and he will be a good shooter. He's the perfect PG for this system.

Who's Willie Warren?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree with us drafting Lawson. he brings alot to the table on both sides of the ball, his defense is up there with the best PG's and he's an efficient passer ( only 3 TO's in the entire NCAA tournament.) and his jumpshot is greatly improved.

Jennings will also be a good pick because he has alot of potential he needs to put more effort on defense the skill is there he just needs to effort. he will be a great pg in the league maybe not as soon as Lawson but he will be great.

i wanted to lose this game but were still picking 8th because the Raptors won so we reamin the same

my draft wishlist:

Lawson, Jennings, Rubio, Griffin and Monroe.

Off-season wishlist:

T.Chandler,

richtree

Rotation player
Dear D'Antoni: I have three things to advise you of. 1) Here in NY we don't like phony people, we like real people and you seem fake, particularlly when you speak. This isn't the Mid-west my dude we see right thru u. 2) Here in NY and in the East we take pride in Defense. I shouldn't have to quote stats or previous winners (ur the genius) so get a clue. Defense wins, we have none, thus we lose...hello! 3) I know our roster is trash so I can't blame you but If in the future Donnie acquires some talent you're going under the microscope. If you don't improve you have to get the f*ck out! We don't need instant gradification but positive results. If by the end of next season you don't produce pack it up. Have a nice off-season learning from your mistakes and experience in NY. The clock is tickin' motherf*cker!

co-sign this with a , yes sir

Red

TYPE-A
Why would any team trade up with us? We have no assets for a trade into the top 5.

We got Duhon because he was the best available at the time. Besides maybe Carlos Arroyo, who I think was also available.

Marbury getting released had nothing to do with his performance on the court. Either way, that was a mistake, IMO.

PG's of Lawson's caliber are rare. There will be bigs available this offseason. Maybe we could trade for Bosh or Tyson Chandler. Sheed will be a free agent.

Why would Memphis trade Gasol? or Detroit trade Billups? I don't know about trading up b/c we don't know the draft order nor do I know who covets who in the draft, but we do have assets in expiring contracts, restricted FA's and a high draft pick. The issue is we need stars and we have back ups. Some teams have stars and NEED back-ups and therefor might wanna deal. Duhon for example doesn't meet our needs as a starter/star yet he me be more valuable as a back up on a contending team. Same w/ Hughes, Harrington and maybe Jeffries. Their value is increased, they (xcept JJ) have expiring contracts so... But I wanna stockpile BIGS when we deal. We can easily get a PG to run the show. Hypethically: Imagine our same team w/ Chris Paul- do you think our results would be that different? Sure our asst/turnover ratio might improve, perimeter D might improve but all in all with Lee, Harrington, Chandler as our bigs we will still witness the same sh*t. In close games, unable to get key stops. Good D makes opponents 1 dimensional. Our present line up allows teams the option to kill us multiple ways and that's no good. Now imagine our current line-up but w/ a quality big and we possibly could of made the playoffs this yr. We won 4 of 17 of our last games. We were 29th in D and LAST in opponents fg%. Who will impact that more a PG or C? You know the answer Center > PG.

skelos

Rookie
This offseason is important if we want to attract a super star in 2010. The players that will make an impact all play for contenders and they wouldn't want to start rebuilding again. we need to start getting players for the future and get rid of the players that r not going to b here post 2010. Next year should b a time for the players to gel as a unit when 2010 comes around add a superstar and whatever weakness we might have at the end of the year. A shotblocker should be our #1 priority as any successful team need soeone to block or alter shots in the paint. we cant be successful allowing teams to run lay up drills

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
From what I heard Warren is a better Jamal Crawford
He can steal but his defense isin't that great after that.
But he has a lot of strength and could probably get to the basket at will (no put intended)