Flynn is leaving

LeFlume

All Star
It is not like Jonny Flynn woke up one day after making that March 22 quote and suddenly realized he could put his name in the draft. It seemed like it would take a tidal wave in the testing waters to shake him from his "just looking" approach to the NBA Draft.

Who knew the answer to that may be the biggest name in the league Flynn now wants to be a part of.

Lebron James. Yes, THAT one.

Most of you will remember that Flynn attended Lebron's skills academy last summer where he did very, very well.

Two NBA scouts that Kevin Ware (the producer and update anchor on my ESPN Radio show) spoke with today said that the New York Knicks love Flynn. We all know how badly the Knicks are going to want Lebron next summer.

It turns out that love is mutual as some spies tell me that Flynn is a big Knicks guy and can't wait to work out for them to show them what he can do.

Seems to be a long, winding road just to get Lebron to go to New York, as opposed to just offering him all the money Bernie Madoff didn't get his hands on, but wouldn't stun me in the least bit.

Conspiracy theory aside, the fact that Lebron James seems to be smitten with Flynn is about as high as praise gets. While we had visions of national championships dancing in our heads, it seems Lebron has visions of many years of Sportscenter Top 10's, and perhaps a title or two, dancing in his head while maybe partnering with Flynn.

Or maybe Lebron just likes the kid. Either way, LEBRON JAMES seems to be going out of his way to help Flynn achieve his NBA dream. No offense to our Hall of Fame head coach, but that will trump playing for Jim Boeheim for another season any day in the mind of player from this generation trying to make his way to the league.

LeFlume

All Star
medium_fonnyflynn.jpg

Once a Orangeman, Always an Orangeman. We love you Johnny...

LeFlume

All Star
Life will go on for Jim Boeheim's squad. It always does.
Pearl left early.
Billy left early.
Carmelo left early.
Donte left early.
Syracuse is still Syracuse despite those departures.

Now we wonder how it goes on without Jonny Flynn.

Who will be next to set a Syracuse scoring record in their first game?

Who will be next to hit a game-winning shot in their second?

Who will be next to "YouTube" Mike Rosario or lead their team to an epic overtime victory in New York?

Who will be the next to flash the biggest smile the Carrier Dome has ever seen?

Jonny Flynn wasn't bigger than Syracuse Basketball. He simply made it bigger.

Now, Flynn is on to bigger and better things.

Big dreams in Syracuse for next season will have to wait.

LeFlume

All Star
No I'm cool. I will see him raise that final MVP trophy over his head in MSG one day. I will see him play in the All star game, and one day, I will see his jersey go up in the rafter in the Garden, Johnny will be The New NBA all time leader in assist and steals. :afro:

Him and LBJ will start a Dynasty in New York..Magic and Kareem, Larry Bird & Kevin McHale. Jordan & Pippen, Kobe & Shaq...MAJOR FLYNN & KING JAMES

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
No I'm cool. I will see him raise that final MVP trophy over his head in MSG one day. I will see him play in the All star game, and one day, I will see his jersey go up in the rafter in the Garden, Johnny will be The New NBA all time leader in assist and steals. :afro:

Him and LBJ will start a Dynasty in New York..Magic and Kareem, Larry Bird & Kevin McHale. Jordan & Pippen, Kobe & Shaq...MAJOR FLYNN & KING JAMES
Oh man... One Can Only Hope!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Hope we don't draft Flynn. Lawson>>>>>>Flynn

*dodges gunshots from Leflume*

:lol:

WORD! Lawson all the way, best thing is if we dont get to the top 3 picks we could trade down to about 11 or so and still get Lawson, we could pick up another pick that way.