Trade for Boozer?

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Could Knicks Make Play For Boozer

The Jazz are rumored to be looking to rid themselves of Carlos Boozer, who could be an option for New York's Donnie Walsh as he looks for a traditional big man. Boozer is more of a traditional power forward than David Lee, who the Knicks could try to move for a first round pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
As of right now, New York doesn't have a first-rounder in 2010.

http://knicks.realgm.com/

What do you guys think we'd have to give up to get Boozer? David Lee and what else?

Few other article clips

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix1612658314apr15,0,2114505.story?track=rss

Both Lee and Robinson have had breakout seasons statistically that will only boost their market value. Robinson, who went into last night's game averaging 17.3 points per game, will be a finalist for the Sixth Man award this season. Lee went in leading the league with 63 double-doubles and 16 points and 11.7 rebounds per game.

With a major emphasis on having enough salary cap space in 2010 to make a run at one of the potential superstar free agents such as LeBron James, it might be impossible to lock up both Robinson and Lee to long-term deals. Before the season, Lee, who made $1.7 million this season, was looking for between $8 million to $10 million per year.

There was a great deal of interest in Lee before the trade deadline - the Trail Blazers are one team that has been regularly mentioned - and he could get an offer sheet from one or two of the few teams that have cap space (Portland, Detroit and Memphis). That will put pressure on the Knicks to match or lose him for nothing.

"I know there are other teams in the league that are going to possibly trade for me or get me in free agency and the Knicks will have a decision to make," Lee said. "We'll see what happens."

Lee is considered a valuable asset for a team looking to keep quality young players that would fit well around a star player. There is some anxiousness about what another team might do, but, Mike D'Antoni said, "at the end of the day, we hold the cards."

Regardless, D'Antoni has high expectations for this offseason.

"When we get into August," he said, "we will have a better team."

the portable man

Benchwarmer
hell no we dont need boozer, lee rebounds better and by next season will probably have a better low-post game too

we need athletic defensive big and SG like iggy

nate & iggy in the backcourt, easy penetration all game

Blas

Benchwarmer
Boozer does not want to win. He has a poor attitude. I don't want him. And we could not afford him, he already commented he wants 15mil a year.

Toons

is the Bo$$
hell no we dont need boozer, lee rebounds better and by next season will probably have a better low-post game too

we need athletic defensive big and SG like iggy

nate & iggy in the backcourt, easy penetration all game

we have a defensive big sg.....wilson chandler....iv been saying all year that he's a 2 guard....i hardly ever make video game comparisons, but as video games become closer to real simulations, you have to see that chandler hads the least disadvantages guarding the 2 than anyone else on our team. we dont need boozer because he is a black david lee, who wants 15 per....lee only wants 8....when did boozer become a defensive minded shot blocker that intimidates guards to come in the paint?? what inside moves does boozer have? are we watching the same jazz team? okur's style had rubbed off on boozer. When did boozer throw down a thunderous dunk? or send a layup in the second row? id rather trade lee for anthony randolph

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm not a big fan of Boozer but if we can get a first round pick in 2010 (we don't have one as of now) for Lee it'd make bringing in Boozer a semi decent move. Now maybe if you could get the Jazz to throw in a young athletic two guard like Brewer and we dump off Jefferies i'd sign off.

And Toons Wilson Chandler can't play the shooting guard. In order to play the shooting guard you have to be able to shoot from the outside.

KBlack25

Starter
The Jazz currently have our 2010 first rounder. If they are willing to give that pick back to us along with Boozer for Lee and maybe someone else (even Al Harrington), I'm all for it. While people may not like Boozer, he may be the star power or attractive player (no homo) we need to attract a big time free agent in 2010 that many on this board claim we don't have right now.

A solid PF in Boozer + a solid PG we find somewhere may be attractive enough to pull SOMEBODY.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lee for Boozer and our previous pick returned to us would be about the only way I could stomach taking on Poozer. That jump shot is blasphemy.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
we would probably give up Lee and much more for bum ass boozer. we would be better off passing on him and trying to acquire tyson chandler for much less.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Allow me to style for a second... I made this suggesting months before this article was released! Ok, now I feel important, LOL!

Umm...Honestly I liked this idea when I proposed it (styling again), I think in a trade for Lee it would give us a much better scorer on the block, an upgrade defensivley, but we would probably lose out on total rebs per game. Like Lee we would need to pair him with a shot blocker and rebounder to make a good frontcourt (the first part of my proposed deal got us Chandler) if we landed a shotblocker via trade or draft pick (read Thabeet), and Wilson becomes an even better defender or we land a defensive minded shot blocking SF (read Tayshaun Prince), then I think we have the makings of one of the best Frontcourts in the League and I am all for it. But as the team is now, Boozer does nothing for us by himself.

In short, we would have to make more moves to compliment trading for him.

Kiyaman

Legend
we have a defensive big sg.....wilson chandler....iv been saying all year that he's a 2 guard....i hardly ever make video game comparisons, but as video games become closer to real simulations, you have to see that chandler hads the least disadvantages guarding the 2 than anyone else on our team. we dont need boozer because he is a black david lee, who wants 15 per....lee only wants 8....when did boozer become a defensive minded shot blocker that intimidates guards to come in the paint?? what inside moves does boozer have? are we watching the same jazz team? okur's style had rubbed off on boozer. When did boozer throw down a thunderous dunk? or send a layup in the second row? id rather trade lee for anthony randolph

Toons....6.8 Wilson Chandler is the perfect NBA SF which should've average 24 mpg in his rookie season rather than DNP untill the last 20 games.
PF-Boozer would be the perfect compliment to improve SF-Chandler IQ on both sides of the court. And would've been the best PF to tandem with Curry in our 2007-8 (23 WIN) season. Curry did average 18 points on 57% FG in 24 minutes per game in the first 30 something games that season.
But No Defensive effort from Curry, Zach, and Lee lead to consecutive losses.

Boozer domination in the paint area help Big Z soft performance change to start scoring down low on the Cavs, and Boozer helped Okur softy performance (bigtime) when he arrived in Utah.
Detroit thought they had the next C-Laimbeer in Okur but after 3 seasons of Okur we all know what position Detroit selected with their 2nd pick in the draft after Lebron James was selected.....sports writers and draft scouts were screaming SF-Lebron, SF-Carmelo, SG-D.Wade, PF-Bosh, and C-Darko....and who did the Detroit Pistons draft???
Okur improving Boozer is a laughing joke! if u ever seen the tandem of Lebron & Boozer.

The Cavs are still trying to replace what they got from Boozer at the PF position....Gooden did well, Ben Wallace was a drop lower than Gooden, Varejao is better at the center spot than the PF but is doing a helluva decent job playing both F/C.

The Utah Jazz better keep Boozer, Milsap, and Okur, so they could go after a need this offseason which is a SF to replace the 2 years of inconsistency they been getting from AK47, plus sell the Knicks 2010 pick for 6.6 SG-Derozen to replace Harping ole a$$.

Kiyaman

Legend
Utah coach Sloan and Cavs coach Brown are offense/defense coaches....
that can not be said about coach Mike Dantoni.

Boozer would luv not playing defense but would be upset for losing for not playing defense.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
There is no way Utah trades Boozer for Harrington involve! Utah is the only franchise in sports that draft/trades for light skin people, lol. Karl Malone is white as we know and Boozer and Deron are light skin African Americans. It is the only team that can have 5 players on the court that are white and still have some more on the bench. That is a very conservative team and they will never have a Harrington on their team. Harrington got 2 technicals in the game in Utah and said some harsh obsenities towards officials.

BTW, I'm not trying to be racist and if someone sees it as that I do apologize. However, look into their roster for the past 20 years and you wouldn't see names like Spreewell and J.R. Rider. Plain and simple they want church boys and family oriented people that fit their team needs. They had a chance to get Chris Paul and passed up on him. Well, you knoooowwwwww....:cool:

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
There is no way Utah trades Boozer for Harrington involve! Utah is the only franchise in sports that draft/trades for light skin people, lol. Karl Malone is white as we know and Boozer and Deron are light skin African Americans. It is the only team that can have 5 players on the court that are white and still have some more on the bench. That is a very conservative team and they will never have a Harrington on their team. Harrington got 2 technicals in the game in Utah and said some harsh obsenities towards officials.

BTW, I'm not trying to be racist and if someone sees it as that I do apologize. However, look into their roster for the past 20 years and you wouldn't see names like Spreewell and J.R. Rider. Plain and simple they want church boys and family oriented people that fit their team needs. They had a chance to get Chris Paul and passed up on him. Well, you knoooowwwwww....:cool:

Brewer is almost purple he's so black.

metrocard

Legend
Terrible idea.
Terrible.

Then again, if Boozer expires before 2010...I'm down...even though he's such a lame and boring ass player.
Getting the 2010 pick back would be key.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I'm not a big fan of Boozer but if we can get a first round pick in 2010 (we don't have one as of now) for Lee it'd make bringing in Boozer a semi decent move. Now maybe if you could get the Jazz to throw in a young athletic two guard like Brewer and we dump off Jefferies i'd sign off.

And Toons Wilson Chandler can't play the shooting guard. In order to play the shooting guard you have to be able to shoot from the outside.

Lets not be stupid here...in order to be a shooting guard u have to hit 3's? and wilson does not shoot 3's? his J is improving. Does rip hamilton shoot a shitload of 3's?