Playoff Predictions

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm layin $500 dollars to $1. that the Knicks dont win one game in this playoff...

It's all good knowing ex-Knick draft picks are on playoff teams....Ariza, Frye, and Balkman (hopefully next season Lee, Nate, and Collins will get playoff experience too) on the next team.

Celtics may have lost the first game vs Bulls but they will win the series in 6 or less.

Cavs will sweep the Pistons

Atlanta Hawks vs Miami Heat may go 7 games if Henry Bibby dont step up

Philly Iggy is proven to be a better leader than Turk so Howard is the only inside presence for the Magic....7 game series for Superman.

Spurs may have lost the first game vs Mavs but the Spurs has a habit of losing the first game in the first round....I guess its old habits. Spurs in 6 or less

Lakers will sweep Jazz

Denver deep bench with Billups leadership have N.O. in 5 games

Houston Rockets with Artest leadership has to much experience over the 50 win season Young-Blazzers....I see the Young-Blazzers deep bench winning 2 to 3 games in this series though.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Predictions
Lakers will win the Championship

First round matchups

Eastern Conference
Cavaliers defeat Pistons in 6 games
Celtics defeat Bulls in 5 games
Magic defeat 76ers in 7 games
Hawks defeat Heat in 7 games

Western Conference
Lakers defeat Jazz in 5 games
Hornets defeat Nuggets in 7 games
Mavericks defeat Spurs in 6 games
Rockets defeat Trailblazers in 5 games

smokes

Huge Member
I'm layin $500 dollars to $1. that the Knicks dont win one game in this playoff...

It's all good knowing ex-Knick draft picks are on playoff teams....Ariza, Frye, and Balkman (hopefully next season Lee, Nate, and Collins will get playoff experience too) on the next team.

Ariza absolutely beasted in game 1.

Gonna have to give the Bulls a chance though, really fun to watch and I'm hoping they will embarrass the Celts.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
there were some great games, and some not so great games, but ill be looking to see how portland bounces back from being trounced in game 1. ill be the first to admit that i didnt expect the trailblazers to play to their age but thats what they did. i believe b-roy is one of those underrated stars. this guy is a season away from super stardom imo. talking about underrated stars, i think this is joe johnson's time to prove he deserves to be more widely known. its his team, i think they'll beat miami but im interested to see what happens if they play clevand.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
there were some great games, and some not so great games, but ill be looking to see how portland bounces back from being trounced in game 1. ill be the first to admit that i didnt expect the trailblazers to play to their age but thats what they did. i believe b-roy is one of those underrated stars. this guy is a season away from super stardom imo. talking about underrated stars, i think this is joe johnson's time to prove he deserves to be more widely known. its his team, i think they'll beat miami but im interested to see what happens if they play clevand.

Jeff Van Gundy predicted POrtland would get blown out. at home.

Dude got smarts.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
My humble prediction:

EAST:
1st Round:
I think the 76ers beat the Magic in 5; Cavs beat Pistons in 5; Heat beat Hawks in 7; Celtics beat the Bulls in 5.

2nd Round:
Cavs then bump off the Heat in 5; Sixers knock off the Celtics in 6.

Eastern Conference Finals
Cavs win the East from the Sixers in 5.

WEST:
In the west, LA beats the Jazz in 4, Denver beats N.O. in 7, Rockets beat Blazers in 5, and Mavs knock off the Spurs in 6.

2nd Round:
Lakers beat the Rockets in 5; Mavs knock off the Nuggets in 6.

Western Conference Finals:
Lakers beat Mavs to win the West in 5.

Finals: Los Angeles beats Cleveland in 5.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
I really want the Bulls to drop the Celts, watching them now, and I gotta say, I love it every time Marbury comes on the floor, because you know the Bulls are about to catch up lol.

smokes

Huge Member
Rondo just went down nastily, more injuries for the Celts? If so I'm sure the Bulls are gonna win this series.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
chicago ended up losing but only by three. 118-115, hopefully chicago can win on their home floor because i have a tad bit more hope that they can pull an upset.

and @ OG, that sixers beating the magic in 5 is one bolddd prediction lol

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bulls are getting better as a complimentary TEAM on both sides of the court in this series vs Boston (50% FG and 14 blockshots)....

Salmon IQ on defense was like that of Artest on Pierce in the two games.
And we all remember how poor Salmon performance was the past 3 seasons.

I wish we could've had $17M worth of trade-value players to get Salmon and Brad Miller to go with Duhorn, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, and Wilcox, on the trading deadline....that would've been a nice 8-man rotation to develope a playoff team with.

Ben Gordon 2nd playoff game has raised his FA stock higher than what it was at the end of the regular season.
The Bulls winning a home-game will increase alot of the Bulls players trade value....coulda been us...

Will Marbury have a 30 point game now that Rondo is shaken up???

smokes

Huge Member
The Bulls are getting better as a complimentary TEAM on both sides of the court in this series vs Boston (50% FG and 14 blockshots)....

Salmon IQ on defense was like that of Artest on Pierce in the two games.
And we all remember how poor Salmon performance was the past 3 seasons.

I wish we could've had $17M worth of trade-value players to get Salmon and Brad Miller to go with Duhorn, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, and Wilcox, on the trading deadline....that would've been a nice 8-man rotation to develope a playoff team with.

Ben Gordon 2nd playoff game has raised his FA stock higher than what it was at the end of the regular season.
The Bulls winning a home-game will increase alot of the Bulls players trade value....coulda been us...

Will Marbury have a 30 point game now that Rondo is shaken up???

Personally I don't like Salmons, his defense is good, but his shot selection is absolutely dire the past 2 games. Miller is a really good centre, I think he compares with Sheed pretty well, with a bit more strength. Watching Miller go to the rim is ugly though, every time he goes up there you can smell a turnover.

As for Marbury, not a chance. I know he can be decent but with the Celtics he's been a total no show. 1-4 with 2pts, 1 TO, 0 assists, 2 fouls in 10 minutes last night. The Celtics just is not the team for Marbury, he has to adjust his style so much to fit into that offense and it doesn't work for him. He forced a terrible 3 last night, and a play or two later passed up a WIDE open 15 footer. He just looks confused out there. Also his speed is never going to match up with Rose.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Personally I don't like Salmons, his defense is good, but his shot selection is absolutely dire the past 2 games. Miller is a really good centre, I think he compares with Sheed pretty well, with a bit more strength. Watching Miller go to the rim is ugly though, every time he goes up there you can smell a turnover.

As for Marbury, not a chance. I know he can be decent but with the Celtics he's been a total no show. 1-4 with 2pts, 1 TO, 0 assists, 2 fouls in 10 minutes last night. The Celtics just is not the team for Marbury, he has to adjust his style so much to fit into that offense and it doesn't work for him. He forced a terrible 3 last night, and a play or two later passed up a WIDE open 15 footer. He just looks confused out there. Also his speed is never going to match up with Rose.

I think the Celtics are a good fit for Marbury, because the team has so much talent, but he needs more time to work on his game and get used to playing for them. He came to the Celtics, after not playing for a year, and I think it threw him off a little. Plus, he's 32 years old. The point guard position is the position where players break down the fastest. You have some exceptions, like Andre Miller, Steve Nash, and Sam Cassell, but those are rare cases.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
For one...the celtics are not winning it all. Pierce and Allen can score all they want to but without KG...are there efforts are a waste. I really like Cleveland's chances. They've been ballin since that Mo Willams trade. Orlando has the potential but I see them losing to the Cavs in the conference championship. In the west it is wide open. But the Jazz and Hornets aren't going anywhere. I liked the rockets chances until they face the lakers which the lakers will win in a close series. I see the Lakers and the Cavs in the championship. These are the two giants with the fire power to get there.

Kiyaman

Legend
Beware! it looks like another Bulls/Knicks trade this offseason or eleven games into the season (we are doomed!).

It look like some first round SWEEPS may start the offseason trades off as early as draft night....Detroit, Utah, and N.O., dont be surprise by the Spurs & Celtics 3 game streak over Mavs and Bulls (its a coaching thang). One out of the five teams will start building their playoff team early in the offseason.

Denver Nuggets finally got a playoff coach in Chauncy Billups....Phil Jackson will finally lose a playoff game vs coach Karl.

Artest is an unrestricted FA this offseason....after Houston beat Portland in this series will the Cavs do some strong arm tactics in the offseason to sign a Artest & Lebron union???

Our last best Knick G.M. Ernie Grunfeld had a 19 win season as President of the Washington Wizards.....this offseason with a few decent moves and a great draft pick could make the Wizards one of the Top-3 teams in the Eastern Conference next season. And we are stuck with Donnie Walsh two year plan (we have permission to cry)...

smokes

Huge Member
Beware! it looks like another Bulls/Knicks trade this offseason or eleven games into the season (we are doomed!).

It look like some first round SWEEPS may start the offseason trades off as early as draft night....Detroit, Utah, and N.O., dont be surprise by the Spurs & Celtics 3 game streak over Mavs and Bulls (its a coaching thang). One out of the five teams will start building their playoff team early in the offseason.

Denver Nuggets finally got a playoff coach in Chauncy Billups....Phil Jackson will finally lose a playoff game vs coach Karl.

Artest is an unrestricted FA this offseason....after Houston beat Portland in this series will the Cavs do some strong arm tactics in the offseason to sign a Artest & Lebron union???

Our last best Knick G.M. Ernie Grunfeld had a 19 win season as President of the Washington Wizards.....this offseason with a few decent moves and a great draft pick could make the Wizards one of the Top-3 teams in the Eastern Conference next season. And we are stuck with Donnie Walsh two year plan (we have permission to cry)...

I feel you... but I don't know whats too bad about trading with the Bulls, if we can get the right pieces from them. They got a really nice roster at the moment.

I think NO is gonna be clearing out the house, good for us, maybe we can land T. Chandler, he would fit well here I think.

I'm still predicting Bulls over Celtics in round 1, if Rose can turn it on at home. They got the home court advantage now, it's their series to lose.