Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Predictions

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Bulls are getting better as a complimentary TEAM on both sides of the court in this series vs Boston (50% FG and 14 blockshots)....

Salmon IQ on defense was like that of Artest on Pierce in the two games.
    And we all remember how poor Salmon performance was the past 3 seasons.

I wish we could've had $17M worth of trade-value players to get Salmon and Brad Miller to go with Duhorn, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, and Wilcox, on the trading deadline....that would've been a nice 8-man rotation to develope a playoff team with.

Ben Gordon 2nd playoff game has raised his FA stock higher than what it was at the end of the regular season.
    The Bulls winning a home-game will increase alot of the Bulls players trade value....coulda been us...

Will Marbury have a 30 point game now that Rondo is shaken up???
    Personally I don't like Salmons, his defense is good, but his shot selection is absolutely dire the past 2 games. Miller is a really good centre, I think he compares with Sheed pretty well, with a bit more strength. Watching Miller go to the rim is ugly though, every time he goes up there you can smell a turnover.

As for Marbury, not a chance. I know he can be decent but with the Celtics he's been a total no show. 1-4 with 2pts, 1 TO, 0 assists, 2 fouls in 10 minutes last night. The Celtics just is not the team for Marbury, he has to adjust his style so much to fit into that offense and it doesn't work for him. He forced a terrible 3 last night, and a play or two later passed up a WIDE open 15 footer. He just looks confused out there. Also his speed is never going to match up with Rose.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by smokes
    Personally I don't like Salmons, his defense is good, but his shot selection is absolutely dire the past 2 games. Miller is a really good centre, I think he compares with Sheed pretty well, with a bit more strength. Watching Miller go to the rim is ugly though, every time he goes up there you can smell a turnover.

As for Marbury, not a chance. I know he can be decent but with the Celtics he's been a total no show. 1-4 with 2pts, 1 TO, 0 assists, 2 fouls in 10 minutes last night. The Celtics just is not the team for Marbury, he has to adjust his style so much to fit into that offense and it doesn't work for him. He forced a terrible 3 last night, and a play or two later passed up a WIDE open 15 footer. He just looks confused out there. Also his speed is never going to match up with Rose.
    I think the Celtics are a good fit for Marbury, because the team has so much talent, but he needs more time to work on his game and get used to playing for them. He came to the Celtics, after not playing for a year, and I think it threw him off a little. Plus, he's 32 years old. The point guard position is the position where players break down the fastest. You have some exceptions, like Andre Miller, Steve Nash, and Sam Cassell, but those are rare cases.

For one...the celtics are not winning it all. Pierce and Allen can score all they want to but without KG...are there efforts are a waste. I really like Cleveland's chances. They've been ballin since that Mo Willams trade. Orlando has the potential but I see them losing to the Cavs in the conference championship. In the west it is wide open. But the Jazz and Hornets aren't going anywhere. I liked the rockets chances until they face the lakers which the lakers will win in a close series. I see the Lakers and the Cavs in the championship. These are the two giants with the fire power to get there.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Beware! it looks like another Bulls/Knicks trade this offseason or eleven games into the season (we are doomed!).

It look like some first round SWEEPS may start the offseason trades off as early as draft night....Detroit, Utah, and N.O., dont be surprise by the Spurs & Celtics 3 game streak over Mavs and Bulls (its a coaching thang). One out of the five teams will start building their playoff team early in the offseason.

Denver Nuggets finally got a playoff coach in Chauncy Billups....Phil Jackson will finally lose a playoff game vs coach Karl.

Artest is an unrestricted FA this offseason....after Houston beat Portland in this series will the Cavs do some strong arm tactics in the offseason to sign a Artest & Lebron union???

Our last best Knick G.M. Ernie Grunfeld had a 19 win season as President of the Washington Wizards.....this offseason with a few decent moves and a great draft pick could make the Wizards one of the Top-3 teams in the Eastern Conference next season. And we are stuck with Donnie Walsh two year plan (we have permission to cry)...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Beware! it looks like another Bulls/Knicks trade this offseason or eleven games into the season (we are doomed!).

It look like some first round SWEEPS may start the offseason trades off as early as draft night....Detroit, Utah, and N.O., dont be surprise by the Spurs & Celtics 3 game streak over Mavs and Bulls (its a coaching thang). One out of the five teams will start building their playoff team early in the offseason.

Denver Nuggets finally got a playoff coach in Chauncy Billups....Phil Jackson will finally lose a playoff game vs coach Karl.

Artest is an unrestricted FA this offseason....after Houston beat Portland in this series will the Cavs do some strong arm tactics in the offseason to sign a Artest & Lebron union???

Our last best Knick G.M. Ernie Grunfeld had a 19 win season as President of the Washington Wizards.....this offseason with a few decent moves and a great draft pick could make the Wizards one of the Top-3 teams in the Eastern Conference next season. And we are stuck with Donnie Walsh two year plan (we have permission to cry)...
    I feel you... but I don't know whats too bad about trading with the Bulls, if we can get the right pieces from them. They got a really nice roster at the moment.

I think NO is gonna be clearing out the house, good for us, maybe we can land T. Chandler, he would fit well here I think.

I'm still predicting Bulls over Celtics in round 1, if Rose can turn it on at home. They got the home court advantage now, it's their series to lose.

I feel you... but I don't know whats too bad about trading with the Bulls, if we can get the right pieces from them. They got a really nice roster at the moment.

I think NO is gonna be clearing out the house, good for us, maybe we can land T. Chandler, he would fit well here I think.

I'm still predicting Bulls over Celtics in round 1, if Rose can turn it on at home. They got the home court advantage now, it's their series to lose.

bulls are getting clobbered in game 3 at halftime so far. when did rondo get so good? its harder and harder to make jokes about him now :/

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    bulls are getting clobbered in game 3 at halftime so far. when did rondo get so good? its harder and harder to make jokes about him now :/
    Yeah, and the Spurs too, surprised these playoff games aren't even close.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

We been getting clobbered in every trade with the Bulls....the Jamar Crawful trade was a left hook Knock-out that we still hav'nt woke up on.
    We never got the best out of any trade with the Bulls....it goes way back to the 1980's trade when we gave the Bulls the number #1 player to start their six-championship dynasty.

N.O. coach Byron Scott knows what the team needs....a fast running track star at the SG, and a veteran Point-Foward at the SF position. Fallin-out with Tyson Chandler was'nt a great move.

Boston coach Doc Rivers have way to much playoff experiece to lose more than two games to Bulls coach Del Negro in a series. Doc may not have his dominating low-post scorer (KG) to make it to the Finals but he do have the highest scoring 3-guard rotation (in 5 players) in the playoffs.

Coach Phil Jackson messed up a brother paper giving up a win to Utah coach Sloan....coach Pop did not help any by giving Dallas coach Carlisle (supposed to be Knick coach) 2 wins in this series.
    My bad for not thinking economical recession in the first round...

Superstar

Rondo reminds me of Lebron in that he is just freakishly atheltic and can't really shoot haha.

I'm glad my prediction that Chauncey is the best PG in the NBA is coming to fruition.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Rondo reminds me of Lebron in that he is just freakishly atheltic and can't really shoot haha.

I'm glad my prediction that Chauncey is the best PG in the NBA is coming to fruition.
    lol u cant put rondo and lebron in the same sentence.

Yeah, and the Spurs too, surprised these playoff games aren't even close.
    If Dallas wins the series against San Antonio it would pretty much be a lock Denver goes to the conference finals.

Dallas was swept 4-0 by Denver in the season.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    If Dallas wins the series against San Antonio it would pretty much be a lock Denver goes to the conference finals.

Dallas was swept 4-0 by Denver in the season.
    Yeah, and Denver is just totally dominating New Orleans in this series, they are beasting at the moment. However Denver's gets big points off the bench and Andersen/JR Smith are there 2 main bench producers, both of em feed off the crowd so when they lose home court it might dent their run.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

This Sundays Playoff games was the SHUUUUT!!!

The young Chicago Bulls double OT win over the Celtics 3-point shooting Ray Allen & Pierce was the game to watch....tied series at 2-2

The Artest & Yao Rockets 3rd win over Brandon Roy Blazzers were too athletically exciting to miss this 4th game of their series....it was a down the wire player & coaching close decision-making game for the WIN....3-1 Rockets

Philly & Orlando were interesting to go out to the Beer House and stock-up with the crew to catch the 4th quarter of Orlando win to tie the series at 2-2.

And the MVP Lebron James Cavs sweet-SWEEP over the softest Detroit Piston playoff roster since the 1960's.
    Did the Detroit Pistons deserve to get swept in this playoff series? HELL YEAH!!!!!
    with the moves President Dumars made to be the Top-1 team in the 2010 (offseason) Plan.....$11M salary cap.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

I been calling coach Karl a bum playoff coach for over a decade....but now with a player-coach Chuancy Billups leading his point with a great roster of defensive Bigmen in K-Mart, Chris, and Balkman in practice this season under Billups defensive leadership the offense of J.R.Smith, Melo, and Klenza will take the Denver Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals.
    Denver over Dallas in 6

Where we will see 2nd round draft-pick ex-Knick Trevor Ariza shut down Carmelo Anthony in a series......Lakers in 6

And then come the match-up of Trevor Ariza vs Lebron James in the FINALS...

im amazed at this series, could we as bball fans ask for anything more? damn 3 overtimes, high drama, physical play, clutch plays, key players fouling out. crowd was into it, just an awesome game. bulls take it 128-127 in dramatic fashion over 3 overtimes. d rose closes things out with an amazing block on rondo. dont know why boston let rondo take tht shot, instead of pierce or allen. ray ray at 51 pts!! lol im still jst awed at the game. it was so long that when portland houston came on it was already like the 3rd quarter lol