Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Predictions

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Well, it is official the Chicago Bulls is rookie Derrick Rose team....coach Del Negro could'nt ask for a better Star-Player to re-build with in Chicago his first season as a NBA Head-Coach.
    Why did'nt my Knicks do something to get Mayo or draft Brook Lopez (Damn! the Bulls is 10 steps ahead of us again...).

I still cant believe Dallas Mavs beat the Spurs in a series. Unbelievable!

Chauncy Billups Denver Nuggets vs Rick Carlisle's Dallas Mavs
    Denver in 5 to 6 games
    Carmelo playoff series average vs N.O. Hornets:
    24 pts, 6 rbds, 5 ast, 2 stls, 0.9 blks, 2 to, and 2.5 fouls.
    In 37 mpg shooting at 47% FGA

Will Carmelo be able to do the same on Mavs Josh Howard?
    Hell No!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Well, it is official the Chicago Bulls is rookie Derrick Rose team....coach Del Negro could'nt ask for a better Star-Player to re-build with in Chicago his first season as a NBA Head-Coach.
    Why did'nt my Knicks do something to get Mayo or draft Brook Lopez (Damn! the Bulls is 10 steps ahead of us again...).

Denver in 5 to 6 games

Hell No!
    the nuggets have no way to stop Dirk...after watching the first minutes of game 1, Kenyon Martin can't even touch Dirk and then intentionally fouled him because of his frustration.....constantly feed Dirk and if he gets double teamed then he can feed guys like Josh Howard, Kidd, and Terry open looks and the series is over.

Mavs win it in 6

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Forget Dirk, how can the Nugz stop Jose Juan Barea?

I wanna see a Denver vs Houston match up tho...it'll be made competitive.

I don't want to see Kobe in the Finals...or Lebron.

so I'm rooting for a Dallas vs Atlanta finals.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Forget Dirk, how can the Nugz stop Jose Juan Barea?

I wanna see a Denver vs Houston match up tho...it'll be made competitive.

I don't want to see Kobe in the Finals...or Lebron.

so I'm rooting for a Dallas vs Atlanta finals.
    Dallas and Atlanta would be the NBA worst nightmare of a finals matchup. It'd be right up there with Detriot vs San Antonio from a few years ago.

Cavs vs Lakers is great television. The NBA's two best players on the greatest stage.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    the nuggets have no way to stop Dirk...after watching the first minutes of game 1, Kenyon Martin can't even touch Dirk and then intentionally fouled him because of his frustration.....constantly feed Dirk and if he gets double teamed then he can feed guys like Josh Howard, Kidd, and Terry open looks and the series is over.

Mavs win it in 6
    Dirk cant handle K-Mart & Chris Andersen in a series....Dirk is not a low-post scorer, Dirk can hit 30 or 40 points from the outside like a SG but the Mavs wont win that game without any points in the paint.

K-Mart let Dirk know in the first game of the series just how physical this series will be. And if u knew anything about K-Mart than u would've known that was a light love tap from K-Mart to Dirk in the first game not frustration.
    U need to check K-Mart career in the NCAA and NBA.
    Terry vs J.R. Smith is probably the only players equal in this series.
    Denver in 5 or 6 games

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Dallas and Atlanta would be the NBA worst nightmare of a finals matchup. It'd be right up there with Detriot vs San Antonio from a few years ago.

Cavs vs Lakers is great television. The NBA's two best players on the greatest stage.
    If we wanted to see Kobe vs Lebron...then Stern would throw in money to set up a pick up game after the playoffs between the two.

I like team match ups.
    Not elite athletes get sucked by the refs. (not taking cred from Lebron or Kobe who are the worlds greatest)

Veteran

Nyk Logo

MVP Lebron James got the master crew in Mo, West, and Varegao, the chemistry those 4 players have on the court is outstanding....if the Cavs could package Wally, Pavolic, and Big Z this offseason for a young Big & small the 2009-10 Championship Finals belong to the Cavs. Kobe & Gasol already put big claim on the 2008-9 Championship Rings.

I wonder how D.Wade will feel if the Cavs beat the Hawks in 4 to 5 games this series.

The Orlando Magic is in need of a real PF and a decent SG in this playoff the tables would've been turned around if Philly had a healthy Brand in their rotation. Boston is one confusing club in these playoffs giving Rondo full charge of the offense. Doc Rivers should use Marbury as Rondo backup and stop playing the two together in this series. Reddick is a poor defender.

Everyone is talking about Denver finally getting past the first round when they should be talking about coach Karl finally making it past the first round. The Denver Nuggets should make it their bussiness to win both games in Dallas to show up the Spurs for giving the Mavs a pass.

I'm luving the war between Kobe vs Artest....will Artest be the highest paid FA this offseason? or will his past haunt him again?

Superstar

Anyone else feel that the refs are trying to make the Lakers Advance? Lakers have played mad dirty first 2 games and Artest is the one that gets ejected?

that lakers-rockets game is giving me flashbacks of the great 90's playoff basketball (which i watched on espn classic lol). love the hard hitting, the dirty plays, the trash talking, the crowd. and the intensity. fisher's might be suspended but he sent a message, thats playoff bball. and kobe said himself tht he was surprised artest got ejected, saying he made a good playoff bball play.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Denver in 5 to 6 games

Hell No!

this is directed at the carmelo statement. ppl seem to forget that this guy is a premier scorer in the league, up there with the likes of lebron, kobe and wade. now he isnt as complete as them, as seen in his defense and immaturity, but this guy is a top 5 scorer no doubt, he can score on any1, anytime

Veteran

Carmelo still have that quick first-step move to the right that leaves defenders looking at his back but....Carmelo still seems to fear contact which throws his shot off.
    Josh Howard is playin soreness and injury in this series....so I'm hoping Carmelo and company knock them off in the 4th game so I could evaluate Carmelo's offense vs Trevor Ariza new defensive tactics he got from coach Jax.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Yao out wid injuries during the playoffs has to be the last straw for the Houston Rocket Fans towards Yao & T-Mac.....in the last 5 years these two players have to be the Top-2 injury-prone players in the league. Their trade-value have to be the same as Jerome James.

Shock and surprise that the Houston Rockets beat the Lakers in a playoff game without their two injury-prone super-stars....not any of the N.Y. Queens residents. 2-2 series.

The Denver Nuggets have a 3-0 lead in the series with (the dont belong in the 2nd round) Dallas Mavs. I want a Denver sweep over the Dallas.....but the NBA officiating wont allow it. To some so-call Knick-Fans I hope all u guys n gals are looking close at the new style of play (peremeter shooting) PF-Dirk vs the old style PF-K-Mart and Birdman (Andersen) that stick to low-post scoring and defending the paint b/c since the drafting of GALLO u guys has lost your F....ing mind thinking Gallo could play PF in the NBA (I guess with the officiating turning the NBA into a non-contact sport it is possible). But I would take a Toby Knight, Lucas, Oakley, and Kurt Thomas any day of the week for a playoff series.

Cleveland Cavs are not taking any hostages in the 2nd round with a 3-0 lead over the Atlanta Hawks.....Cavs are on a mission for the showdown in the Finals.

The Boston Celtics chemistry and system has been amazing throughout both series pulling the top ratings of all the playoff team series by playing down to their oponents creating an intensive crunchtime that goes to the last seconds on the clock in each game. The 2-2 series with the Celtics & Orlando Magic are getting some strong ratings....only to be swept by Lebron and company in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Dwight Howard isn't happy with his coach in Orlando after game 5. Man, wouldn't it be tight if Orlando traded him to us this off season? Nate Robinson and Dwight in New York. Hehehe, just posting...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Denver closed the series with the Mavs with a 124-110 run n gun beating in the 5th game....where was the defense at on the Mavs part....this is the Playoffs.
    Like I said before "How did the Mavs beat the Spurs in a series???".

Chuancy Billups did not win the MVP of the season....but he damn sure won the Coach of the year award with his assistant coach Karl.

I been Luv-in the Denver B-Ball all season b/c they got my Homey Tazman Balkman on the roster, he may not got much playingtime this season but I can bet my last dollar that he was a work-horse in every practice that made all the elite players on the team do overtime to stay in shape mentally and physically b/c Tazman could perform at all three of the foward-positions....point-foward, SF, and PF.
    Denver Nuggets has a very strong talented long bench.
    But still.....

Coach Phil Jax Lakers in 7 over coach Billups Denver Nuggets...

Melo is one of the best clutch players in the game and he have numbers to prove it. He is just awesome come crunch time.

Some sortable crunch time stats 08-09 season.

Production per 48 minutes of crunch time.

Kobe 56.7
    James 55.9
    Melo 54.4
    Wade 49.2
    Paul. 45.1

FG%

Melo 56.5
    James 55.6
    Paul 49.4
    Wade 47.0
    Kobe 45.7

3p%