Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why we shouldn't draft a pg(lebron related)

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    No it dont. The Knicks are a...ssed-out with a losing 20 year President and a one dimensional coach. Look at our ex-G.M. President Ernie Grundfeld on the Washington Wizards with his 19 win season and all the posibilities he have this offseason into making the Wizards reach the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2009-10 season.

ANU....do u know anything about "Jordans" 6 NBA championships? and who was the PG of each of those championship rings?
    Jordan & Pippin was the best tandem of Point-Fowards ever in the history of the NBA. And having combo-guards Hodges & Paxon their first 3 championship and combo-guards Steve Kerr & Ron Harper in the next 3 championships was hard to figure out who really was the PG on the Bulls team in each series of the playoffs....the Phil Jackson Triangle vs varies of oponents in series changed in different rounds of the playoffs.

Lebron James has the closet thing to Jordan with combo-guards West & Mo in his rotation this season....signing FA Point-Foward Artest this offseason will guarantee Lebron James a 2009-10 Championship Ring.

Lebron could make Billions hooking up with D.Wade in Miami or Rookie D.Rose in Chicago...
    MAYBE SO kiyaman, but bringing a chip to new york would be different.he knows that.which is why he can't stop gushing about it(pause for the children) everytime he's here. he counts down the months to his free agency.this franchise has been irrelevant for almost 10 years, and it's still one of the most popular.

considering this coach's offense, wouldn't a longer lineup(pause for the children again) of james fernandez chandler gallinari with a camby, or a wallace, or a tyson chandler be better defensively?

of course,he could easily resign with the cavs.I'm just saying, we shouldn't draft a pg because we need one, when they're might be a couple of players with a higher upside at another position.plenty could be had thru free agency, or late in the draft
    (buying a pick). at 8, it's a reach to me.
    now if we get a top 2 pick you pick rubio.that's a given.giving up the house for him is foolish.
    Last edited by ANU; Apr 22, 2009 at 11:04.

it's all moot point. we ain't getting Rubio. we have a better chance landing the obvious better player James anyway, so tbh, i don't care.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Knicker23
    it's all moot point. we ain't getting Rubio. we have a better chance landing the obvious better player James anyway, so tbh, i don't care.
    You don't know this.

Exactly, Who knows, maybe the luck is on our side and we can draft Blake Griffin.

F*CK LEBRON. He ain't a free agent this summer.

Lebron James is good, but he has yet to prove that he has what it takes to win it all. If you look at his playoff numbers, he's a choke artist. Vince Carter was the same, putting up huge regular season numbers, being compared to Jordan, only to choke in the playoffs. So far, he's done well in this first round. However, he has a history of playing well in the first round and then disappearing. Maybe this will be the year that Lebron becomes a playoff player. If he can't, then people need to reconsider the hype that's around him.

As for signing Lebron, the guy has a wife, kids, his family, etc., all in Ohio. People tend to want to remain in their comfort zone. As young as Lebron is, he's basically a family man, with tons of roots in Ohio. Human nature would indicate that, no matter what, he will stay in Ohio, especially if it's his play, as has been the case in the past, that causes Cleveland to get knocked out of the playoffs.

With the knicks blowing our '08 pick on Gallinari, who I really can't believe the Knicks would have drafted, if they had seen him play in person, I have no faith in their ability to draft intelligently. I don't think this draft will be as deep, but I could be wrong. Ty Lawson would be good for us, in my opinion, as well as Derozan.

The bottom line, in my mind, is that, barring some sort of surprise, in the form of drafting an excellent young prospect, whose game translates well into the NBA, as Portland and N.O. did, the Knicks will continue to suck. Guys like Brook Lopez don't practically fall into your lap often. In Lopez, the Knicks could have had a guy that's bound to be a top defensive, and offensive, center as the team's nucleus, with a few veteran scorers to make us competitive. Look at what Yao Ming has done with the Rockets, often with little help. Remember what Pau did, with Mike Miller, Battier, Tsakalidas and Bobby Jackson as his fellow starters, on the Griz? It's not every day that you get a chance like that, which drafting Brook would have given us.

The curse of Ewing continues. Thanks a lot, Van Gundy and Layden.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Apr 22, 2009 at 16:30.

12th man

To be fair to Lebron, who I'm not a fan of, he faced a tough Spurs defense where it was basically 5 vs 1...his first time in the finals...etc.

I believe Lebron has what it takes, being the most physically gifted athlete in the NBA and talent wise also.

Its just building the right squad.
    I'm not convinced by Cleveland yet.

I don't see how Mo Williams is such a reliable second option...he's an okay PG...good scorer/shooter. Lets find out what he's really made of.

ANU, how the **** do we obtain Fernandez and Camby? You're crazy.

Lebron at PG is retarded.
    He's a better scorer than passer...let him rock the point forward position.

Veteran

With the luck the Knicks been having after Firing G.M. Ernie Grunfeld (1999) we probably get stuck with the 8th to 10th pick in this draft where their wont be a decent PG left to draft.
    The 10 Lottery teams are worst at the PG position than the Knicks.

So the Knicks better get prepared to resign combo-guard Nate and give Session a decent offersheet that the Bucks wont match....but then again the Bucks would match any offer b/c they are not deleting their salary cap for a DREAM...

12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    With the luck the Knicks been having after Firing G.M. Ernie Grunfeld (1999) we probably get stuck with the 8th to 10th pick in this draft where their wont be a decent PG left to draft.
    The 10 Lottery teams are worst at the PG position than the Knicks.

So the Knicks better get prepared to resign combo-guard Nate and give Session a decent offersheet that the Bucks wont match....but then again the Bucks would match any offer b/c they are not deleting their salary cap for a DREAM...
    Lawson will be available, who will be the 2nd best PG from this draft, almost as good as Ricky.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Lebron James is good, but he has yet to prove that he has what it takes to win it all. If you look at his playoff numbers, he's a choke artist. Vince Carter was the same, putting up huge regular season numbers, being compared to Jordan, only to choke in the playoffs.
    What are you talking about? LeBrons play off numbers is better than his regular season numbers.

Regular : 27.5 ppg - 7.00 reb - 6.7 ass
    Playoff : 27.8 ppg - 8.00 reb - 7.3 ass

my fellow knick fans, some of you are the most ignorant and arrogant fans anyone can deal with.
    you dudes are wound up tight like a 50's house wife.you don't care about rocking the status quo.you dudes are mad conservative.
    you're allergic to innovation.

I'M GONNA TYPE IN BIG LETTERS CAUSE I KEEP REPEATING MYSELF TO SOME OF YOU MORONS WHO ASK ME THE SAME QUESTIONS WHEN I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THE GODAM QUESTIONS.
    WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF PLAYING LEBRON AT THE POINT?

DEFENSE.
    HOW DO WE ATTAIN FERNANDEZ?
    TRADE THE 8TH PICK TO PORTLAND.

HOW DO WE GET CAMBY?
    I DON'T KNOW.BUT HE'LL BE AVAILABLE.
    THEY HAVE KAMAN AND JORDAN THERE. THEM TRADING CAMBY WOULDN'T BREAK THEIR ****ING HEART.
    THE STARTING FIVE WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS.

JAMES
    FERNANDEZ
    CHANDLER
    GALLINARI
    CAMBY

ONCE A FUKING GAIN.

THIS WHOLE LINE UP (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FERNANDEZ,WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF ON D) WOULD BE HELL TO DEAL WITH DEFENSIVELY BECAUSE OF ITS LENGTH(PAUSE).
    THIS TEAM, AND THIS COACH DO NOT PREACH DEFENSE UNLESS THEY'RE ON ****ING TV.

THE REASON FOR THIS LINE UP WOULD BE DEFENSE.
    BECAUSE, (AL TOGETHER NOW BOYS AND GIRLS)

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

of course, my attempts at explain this will be in vain.

i didn't wanna come of as an *******, considering we've suffered the same misfortune as fans of this depressing franchise, but some of you are crazy conceited about what you think you know.

I was just trying to throw something out there that i think makes sense.
    you don't have to agree, but you don't have to be apathetic jerkoffs either.

Originally Posted by ANU
    my fellow knick fans, some of you are the most ignorant and arrogant fans anyone can deal with.
    you dudes are wound up tight like a 50's house wife.you don't care about rocking the status quo.you dudes are mad conservative.
    you're allergic to innovation.

I'M GONNA TYPE IN BIG LETTERS CAUSE I KEEP REPEATING MYSELF TO SOME OF YOU MORONS WHO ASK ME THE SAME QUESTIONS WHEN I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THE GODAM QUESTIONS.
    WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF PLAYING LEBRON AT THE POINT?
    DEFENSE.
    HOW DO WE ATTAIN FERNANDEZ?
    TRADE THE 8TH PICK TO PORTLAND.

HOW DO WE GET CAMBY?
    I DON'T KNOW.BUT HE'LL BE AVAILABLE.
    THEY HAVE KAMAN AND JORDAN THERE. THEM TRADING CAMBY WOULDN'T BREAK THEIR ****ING HEART.
    THE STARTING FIVE WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS.

JAMES
    FERNANDEZ
    CHANDLER
    GALLINARI
    CAMBY

ONCE A FUKING GAIN.

THIS WHOLE LINE UP (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FERNANDEZ,WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF ON D) WOULD BE HELL TO DEAL WITH DEFENSIVELY BECAUSE OF ITS LENGTH(PAUSE).
    THIS TEAM, AND THIS COACH DO NOT PREACH DEFENSE UNLESS THEY'RE ON ****ING TV.

THE REASON FOR THIS LINE UP WOULD BE DEFENSE.
    BECAUSE, (AL TOGETHER NOW BOYS AND GIRLS)

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

of course, my attempts at explain this will be in vain.

writing in all caps makes u look foolish, and ur points arent too good either. so what makes u think portland would be willing to giveup fernandez for the 8th pick in a very weak class aside from the top 2 picks? fernandez looked like a seasoned vet in his first nba season, and i see some manu ginobili in him. kevin pritchard isnt moviing him for a measly 8th pick in what is projected to be one of the weakest classes ever. and you hating on every1 for mocking ur camby idea yet u cant even make a deal up? and the clippers management have stated that they want to keep camby, even refusing to trade him to the cavs when they gave some enticing offers. they are looking to get rid of kaman or randolph not camby. and playing lebron at the point for defense? lol better luck next time bro

this is what i mean.you're another blowhard that doesn't read.read, or shut the **** up.I've repeated myself a buncha of times, and fools keep asking the same questions, which is why used the caps lock idiot.
    portland could draft lawson.who the **** knows.
    fernandez is stuck between roy, and a future star in batum.
    pritchard loves picks.give him a ****ing toy.

jordan seem like he's going to be a very good player.why would they keep camby? because you're a dickhead.

if you're such a ****ing genius you come up with a deal.

I'm done arguing with you morons.

everybody can disagree with what i said.it's ok. I can deal with people disagreeing with me. unlike you zoloft children.

i think the knicks would be better with a star pg and have lebron off the ball. just look at the cavs since mo will arrived. the cavs went from a 4th seed to the best team in the playoffs with james off the ball. having someone else create for lebron puts less pressure on him since he doesnt have to score and create but just score.