Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: why we shouldn't draft a pg(lebron related)

  1. #76
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    No, he came into the league as a small forward/point forward, he did play PG for Cleveland sometimes that season because their PG spot was virtually empty of any talent, but why would you want to put him there when there are so many talented PGs available around the league now?

    If you don't see what's stupid about it, go back and read through the first 4 pages of this thread dude.
    im not saying i agree with lebron playing pg
    im just saying its not fait to call it stupid
    and for your info
    Lebron came in as a pure pg
    play nba 2k3
    or live
    check espn, look around
    he even ran the point in their playoff appearance
    he rarely ran the 2 guard spot....much less the 3 or 4
    get ur facts right

    we must get lebron by any means....he really is that good

  2. #77
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    im not saying i agree with lebron playing pg
    im just saying its not fait to call it stupid
    and for your info
    Lebron came in as a pure pg
    play nba 2k3
    or live
    check espn, look around
    he even ran the point in their playoff appearance
    he rarely ran the 2 guard spot....much less the 3 or 4
    get ur facts right

    we must get lebron by any means....he really is that good
    I think Smokes is right. LeBron came in as FOWARD. He can play the point when neded and depending on the match up but he is not a pure PG in NBA.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=420><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD vAlign=top>1.

    </TD><TD vAlign=top>Cleveland Cavaliers</B>

    </TD><TD vAlign=top>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], F, St. Vincent-St. Mary's HS

    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #78
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    SMOKES, THE 1950'S HOUSEWIFE REFERENCE IS MY WAY OF CALLING YOU REPRESSED AND CONSERVATIVE.

    you're right.it isn't innovative.it's been done before.I'm saying it's innovative because that's what it sounds like when any of you say its ridiculous.
    when its not.
    lebron = magic of this era, to me and alot of people agree.

    you're acting like I'm saying that jose reyes should play our point because he can run fast.

    if we do get lebron, where will he play?
    gallinari and chandler play his positions.should one of them come of the bench?
    why? when i could easily see them compliment each other perfectly.
    lebron isn't a sg.
    should chandler get moved to the 2? james jumpshot is as decent as his.
    chandler's handle isn't up to par to what a sg should have, when the pg needs help.
    lebron isn't a pure pg, why cause he's a friggin tank?
    he's the most versatile player in the league, hell in this system dantoni might even lay him at the 5.


    rudy.
    maybe we can get him.maybe not.(pritchard is a bitch)
    a lebron rudy tandem in the backourt would be ridiculous.
    teams will think more than twice about double teaming james when rudy is the kinda player that can drop a dozen ina quarter at any given time.
    none of the things i mentioned are impossible.

    camby.
    i just threw his name out there as a big.their are plenty of c's we can get.
    t chandler got traded for peanuts, and we all know n.o.'s owner is extra stingy.rasheed?


    we are knicks fans.
    we have been bred to believe the worst.no longer my friends.I'm hear to guide you.i'll be your guru.j/k.
    my apologizes to those who faced my e-wrath in this thread.

    it's not as crazy as some might think..........

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    From what I remember he wasn't solely a guard in his high school career, he flipped between guard and forward. Either way, his game has developed into that of a forward, so I still don't see why playing him at the point is a good idea, when so many aspects of his game would take a hit from playing there.
    Oh I am right there with you, I do not think it is good idea for him to play PG.

  5. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    I think Smokes is right. LeBron came in as FOWARD. He can play the point when neded and depending on the match up but he is not a pure PG in NBA.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=420><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD vAlign=top>1.

    </TD><TD vAlign=top>Cleveland Cavaliers</B>

    </TD><TD vAlign=top>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], F, St. Vincent-St. Mary's HS

    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If you look at the top high school players coming out that year Lebron was listed as the number one guard.

    The main reason I know this is because us Maryland fans were so happy we got Mike Jones to commit to us when he was the number two guard. We all knew Lebron was going to the NBA. Unfortunately, that got us a whole lot of nothing.

    I apologize but I failed in finding a link to back my claims. But ask any hardcore Terps, they should know.

  6. #81
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    if we do get lebron, where will he play?
    gallinari and chandler play his positions.should one of them come of the bench?
    why? when i could easily see them compliment each other perfectly.
    lebron isn't a sg.
    should chandler get moved to the 2? james jumpshot is as decent as his.
    chandler's handle isn't up to par to what a sg should have, when the pg needs help.
    lebron isn't a pure pg, why cause he's a friggin tank?
    he's the most versatile player in the league, hell in this system dantoni might even lay him at the 5.
    Well you already suggested Gallo could play the 4... Your words not mine. I don't see the problem of Chandler playing the 2, when he's had another season to grow into it, improve his shooting stroke etc. I also don't see what's worse about having LBJ at the 2 instead of the 1, he already D's up star SGs like Wade and Kobe when they match up.

    Honestly, I don't know or particularly care at this point, because theres 1 year and a ton of lineup changes that are gonna happen before we even have the possibility of getting Lebron, and my personal opinion is that I'd rather have a true PG feeding Lebron than have him at the point.

    im not saying i agree with lebron playing pg
    im just saying its not fait to call it stupid
    and for your info
    Lebron came in as a pure pg
    play nba 2k3
    or live
    check espn, look around
    he even ran the point in their playoff appearance
    he rarely ran the 2 guard spot....much less the 3 or 4
    get ur facts right
    What's stupid is suggesting that we don't draft a PG when there are like 5 nice ones coming through this year, just because of some slim possibility of getting James next year and letting him play the point. I already said, I know he ran the point some that year, but not purely.. seriously. My 2k9 has Wade and Kobe playing the point every game, so sorry if I trust what I remember instead of your 6 yr old games.

  7. #82
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Well you already suggested Gallo could play the 4... Your words not mine. I don't see the problem of Chandler playing the 2, when he's had another season to grow into it, improve his shooting stroke etc. I also don't see what's worse about having LBJ at the 2 instead of the 1, he already D's up star SGs like Wade and Kobe when they match up.

    Honestly, I don't know or particularly care at this point, because theres 1 year and a ton of lineup changes that are gonna happen before we even have the possibility of getting Lebron, and my personal opinion is that I'd rather have a true PG feeding Lebron than have him at the point.



    What's stupid is suggesting that we don't draft a PG when there are like 5 nice ones coming through this year, just because of some slim possibility of getting James next year and letting him play the point. I already said, I know he ran the point some that year, but not purely.. seriously. My 2k9 has Wade and Kobe playing the point every game, so sorry if I trust what I remember instead of your 6 yr old games.
    sorry but this thread isn't interesting enough for me to read the entire thing....i saw something i disagreed with and addressed it...i merely said its not stupid for him to play point....and that he played point b4 and was far from last in the league in assists. i bring up 2k3 because it was lebrons first game, and he only played point in his first year. and yes, it is stupid fo rthat to be the reason not to draft rubio or any other good guard in this years draft. i agree with u on that

  8. #83
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    SMH @ Knick fans debating where Lebron will play BEFORE he is even acquired.???!!?? Looking past next season and debating a hypothetical biggest acqisition and his position = you have no clue what direction we're headed this or next season. Anywhoooo.... NFL draft this Saturday. I find picks 1 thru 60 more interesting than anyone the dysfucnctional Knicks plan on drafting/acquiring, IMO. Please continue your boring, senseless, meaningless, inconsequential debates while further emphasizing your lack of knowledge and planning, echoing the Knicks braintrust. Fittingly Knick fans....smh?!? P.S. If we draft a PG and don't get a solid big be prepared for more garbage.

  9. #84
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    "IF" we get Lebron he can play any position on the court he wants. He is at worst the second best player in the NBA so just having him on the court is good enough for me.

  10. #85
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    SMH @ Knick fans debating where Lebron will play BEFORE he is even acquired.???!!?? Looking past next season and debating a hypothetical biggest acqisition and his position = you have no clue what direction we're headed this or next season. Anywhoooo.... NFL draft this Saturday. I find picks 1 thru 60 more interesting than anyone the dysfucnctional Knicks plan on drafting/acquiring, IMO. Please continue your boring, senseless, meaningless, inconsequential debates while further emphasizing your lack of knowledge and planning, echoing the Knicks braintrust. Fittingly Knick fans....smh?!? P.S. If we draft a PG and don't get a solid big be prepared for more garbage.
    u didnt get the memo?
    this is a forum, we are her to discuss the what if's....if we only talked about what happened then the site would be useless....its a broing topic, but everyone is welcomed to speak their mind here

  11. #86
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    u didnt get the memo?
    this is a forum, we are her to discuss the what if's....if we only talked about what happened then the site would be useless....its a broing topic, but everyone is welcomed to speak their mind here
    Thread re-named: Why we shouldn't make a thread about what position will [arguably] the best player not even acquired NEXT-NEXT season will play & then argue about it, while paying no attention to the current issues. ** Case in point... refer to the above. Anyway Toons to clarify I have no problems w/ stating ur points for the present or future. And yes we can talk about what's "currently" happening or what if's. But have u even read the entire thread? If u did then u see the senlessness and unimportance of the topic taking into consideration the odds of it even happening the NEXT season. Those are Knicks fans 4 ya

  12. #87
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    sorry but this thread isn't interesting enough for me to read the entire thing....i saw something i disagreed with and addressed it...i merely said its not stupid for him to play point....and that he played point b4 and was far from last in the league in assists. i bring up 2k3 because it was lebrons first game, and he only played point in his first year. and yes, it is stupid fo rthat to be the reason not to draft rubio or any other good guard in this years draft. i agree with u on that
    after writing this... that was your response? What u bipolar or something?

  13. #88
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    "IF" we get Lebron he can play any position on the court he wants. He is at worst the second best player in the NBA so just having him on the court is good enough for me.
    Co-sign. End thread.

  14. #89
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    jesus.

    when people who actually know about basketball compare lebron, they compare him to magic( a 6-9 pg) and to Oscar Robertson(a 6-5 pg).just because the guy is a 6-9 mack truck does not mean all he is capable of doing is sf things.he is a point forward.you have a problem with lebron running the point because TECHNICALLY he's a sf, but you call rubio a surefire superstar.smh.

    lebron is a facilitator.just look at his team.clearly, they have two or three could be or would be all stars.like l.a. or boston. again, smh.

    28 PPG 7 REB 7 AST.

    as usual, **** needs to be explained to the know it alls on this site time and time again.

    1) People who know basketball dont compare lebron with magic or oscar YET They merely say that when everything its said and done and his career its over he could be there or better( he is that good).

    2) Although lebron played some Pg in high school he is a SF in nba but I agree with you that he is a great facilitor. Beside that how you asume lebron wants to play Pg IF HE EVER COMES HERE. He did not showed that desire in cleveland and is not like D'antogny will or can say you play PG for my team or DNP

    3) As for the stats that you show to prove he s a natural PG in the nba save it.

    Magic Jonhson (recognized PG not assumed) 19.5 PPG, 7.2 RPG, and 11.2APG

    Oscar Robertson (same as above) 25.7PPG, 7.5 RPG, 9.5 APG

    Lebron James (SF with good passing skills and vision) 27.5PPG, 7RPG, 6.7APG

    Larry Bird (Combo forward with the same skills) 24.3PPG, 10RPG, 6.3APG


    I dont think anyone thought Larry Bird was a PG in Magic or Oscar mold.

    So i think we should draft (or at least try) Rubio or the best availble PG or SG
    and lets worry about what possition lebron plays IF HE EVER COMES HERE(I hope so ) for 2010.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 07, 2009, 16:50
  2. Donnie Walsh draft record
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2008, 03:06
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 27, 2008, 18:29
  4. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •