Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ron Artest

Default Ron Artest

should never have been ejected. His reputation gets him into trouble.

Saying that, do you think we should have cut a deal before he went to houston? we needed a veteran and some defense. Id have liked to see us aquire him.

Ron Artest has been what the Knicks been missing the past 5 years. A dominant/defensive presence and a guy who plays passionately every night.

I was vying for Isiah to swap for him.

Forget all his antics, Ron Artest is that intimidating big man we've been lacking.

Sorry, David Lee is a sunflower next to him.

Superstar

He is an incredible player..I still think thats a joke that he was never banned from the NBA. I can't see the knicks ever considering him just based on his reputation.

Still can't believe how we passed up on him in the draft!! My jaw dropped!! What ever happened to that French dude? Last time I saw him, he was posterized by Vincanity!!

I was actually about to make a thread like this. Anyway, we should definitely look into acquiring him next year, if possible. He's one of the best defensive players in the league, plays hard, and stands up for his teammates. He brings a toughness to that Rockets team, that we desperately need.

He's a free agent after this year, and the Rockets will most likely try to resign him. No way he accepts the MLE, he's only 29, and still very much in his prime. But maybe Donnie could do a sign and trade for him? I'm sure Ron wold like to come here, he's from Queens, and it's always been meant to be for him to play here. Unfortunately we had to pick Weis back in 1999.

i think our chance went as soon as houston got him. Who was he swapped for? bobby jackson and donte greene? we could have offered way more! seeing him guide the rockets into the second round made me realise how much we missed out on!

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    i think our chance went as soon as houston got him. Who was he swapped for? bobby jackson and donte greene? we could have offered way more! seeing him guide the rockets into the second round made me realise how much we missed out on!
    Damn....

Artest's rep kills it man. This guy is as dominant as a Bosh or Amare. If not, more dominant.

His rep hurts his bottomline. He has the potential to be an absolute monster down-low.

The Knicks need a guy with that kind of intimidation.

Kobe def. ain't taking it to Ron anymore LOL. Ron was on the verge of shredding Kobe's life last night LOL.

Artest's "attitude" is really blown out of proportion. He didn't start that fight in Detroit. Wallace caught feelings because of a foul, that wasn't really that hard. Ben Wallace started that entire thing, I'm not sure why Artest gets almost 100% of the blame.

Artest gives back to his community, and donates a lot of money. He's actually an excellent teammate, evidenced by the way he always stands up for them.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I'd trade for Artest only if he agreed to see a therapist once a week. As a player, can't take anything away from him. Solid defender with a good offensive game and he tries hard. On the flip side, it only takes one guy to **** up a locker room (See Stephon Marbury).

We need leadership as much as we need defense. This is why I always wanted to see Baron Davis in a Knicks uniform, but since B Diddy's contract is atrocious, why not sign J. Kid for a veterinarians exemption? To me a floor leader and a voice in the locker room should be top priority.

Superstar

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Artest's "attitude" is really blown out of proportion. He didn't start that fight in Detroit. Wallace caught feelings because of a foul, that wasn't really that hard. Ben Wallace started that entire thing, I'm not sure why Artest gets almost 100% of the blame.

Artest gives back to his community, and donates a lot of money. He's actually an excellent teammate, evidenced by the way he always stands up for them.
    huh? Artest didn't start that fight in Detroit??? Who was the one that jumped into the stands like a monkey to beat up a fan? What did Ben Wallace do? He shoved a player..what he did happens in sports all the time. Artest rightfully deserves 100% of the blame. I think he is in the same class as Mike Tyson as far as how the public views him. Guys who are incredibly gifted physically, but just crazy mentally.

I was never an Artest fan despite his talents because I think he has a high risk personality. However, he didn't do a damn thing wrong last night and shouldn't have been thrown out of the game. In fact, if anything, Kobe should be suspended for the next game instead of just getting a flagrant foul.

The problem is that Stern is *****. He had no problem suspending a bunch of Knicks for going on the court to OBSERVE a fight even though there was no chance of the fight growing. They were far away from it and the other players. However, he won't suspend Kobe for a blatant elbow in the middle of an especially volatile portion of a tough playoff game. It's BS politics. Some players get preferential treatment from the refs and the commissioner's office. What we really need is a Stern is an ******* thread.

Superstar

Why should Kobe be suspended? That was definitely a flagrant foul, but definitely not done intentionally to hurt Artest, like Dwight Howard's was last week. Artest is an idiot though..he didn't get the call, ok complain to the ref..and then continue playing. Instead, he goes crazy again getting in Kobe's face and gets a double technical. Way to kill your team's chances of getting back in the game. Normal players don't overreact like that in playoff games.

Houston got lucky the day they traded for Artest. Yao & Mcgrady voiced their concern as team leaders and now, Houston belongs to Ron. Yao's still the honcho, but Ron makes them tough. McGrady made them soft. The only good thing about Houston's misfortune in the T Mac trade was that they let go of Stevie Francis.

I'd love it if we signed Ron, but whether or not that dissuades any free agents is a bit of a deterent.

How the **** do you spell deterent?

Originally Posted by dave2138
    huh? Artest didn't start that fight in Detroit??? Who was the one that jumped into the stands like a monkey to beat up a fan? What did Ben Wallace do? He shoved a player..what he did happens in sports all the time. Artest rightfully deserves 100% of the blame. I think he is in the same class as Mike Tyson as far as how the public views him. Guys who are incredibly gifted physically, but just crazy mentally.
    Who was the guy who threw a beer at Artest? Oh right, that dumbass fan. Why should he get a free pass for throwing **** at people just because he's a fan. If they were out on the street, do you think that fan would of thrown a beer at Artest? I don't think so...

If Ben Wallace didn't shove Artest, none of that would of happened. Why should Artest be 100% responsible?

Originally Posted by dave2138
    Why should Kobe be suspended? That was definitely a flagrant foul, but definitely not done intentionally to hurt Artest, like Dwight Howard's was last week. Artest is an idiot though..he didn't get the call, ok complain to the ref..and then continue playing. Instead, he goes crazy again getting in Kobe's face and gets a double technical. Way to kill your team's chances of getting back in the game. Normal players don't overreact like that in playoff games.
    I always said that Artest was a moron with a big heart but last nigth and since he came to the rockets I think he showed he is more mature than before. Last night he was 100% right, after what fisher did, he let Kobe know he s fking with the wrong guy. I think, if you saw the game, Kobe spoiled his pants when he saw artest coming to him. No stare to his face no words just up his hands so the referee will see it and throw Artest out. Kobe is smart but just a punk. LA played dirty in first game but last night they were trying to put fear in the rockets and Artest just let kobe know there is a new sheriff in town. This is no more Tmac team (first round loosers) and you messing with the wrong guy. The Artest of before would of break Kobe s head but the new Artest just told him to **** off. He got tossed just because his rep.