Worst Person in the World: Kevin Garnett

Do you like KG?

• Total voters

JayJ44

Starter
It's sad, sort of. We used to love Kevin Garnett. Remember when the Bulls were supposedly in the running to trade for him? Remember when Garnett was the Hall of Fame center stuck on a horrible franchise? Remember last year, when Garnett finally won that title, and you felt good for him, felt that if there was anyone who deserved a trade to a title contender, it was him?
Remember when it was easy to like Kevin Garnett?
We do. Unfortunately, those days are long gone.
Anyone who's watched even a few minutes of the Bulls series these last few days has seen an injured, besuited Garnett. He gets more TV time than Doc Rivers, it seems. Every time the camera flashes to Garnett, sitting on the sideline because he's too hurt to play, Garnett is doing one of two things. He's either a) sticking his chin out in a defiant mean-mug that at this point just looks stupid, especially from SOMEONE SITTING ON THE BENCH IN A SUIT, or b) raining down a host of obscenities, usually at Bulls players.
Which, to a point, is fine. If that's how Garnett needs to re-emasculate himself, to make up for the fact that his body his breaking down and he can't get on the court this year, fine. But last night was worse than usual. Last night crossed a line. After Brad Miller missed the first of two potentially game-tying overtime free throws, Garnett took time out of his busy injured schedule to yell "choke" at Brad Miller. Classy, man. (And this is coming from us, someone you'll rarely ever see complain about "class" in sports.) There's also this photo of a snarling Garnett getting in Ben Gordon's face, the same Ben Gordon who played through his injury last night while Garnett threw on Armani and did his cheerleading from the sidelines.

Garnett's Adidas campaign slogan is, get this, "Basketball is a Brotherhood." If our brother acted like such a raging, overcompensating, confused and classless d-bag, we'd have disowned him long ago.
Eamonn Brennan is a Chicago-based writer, editor and blogger who seriously wouldn't mind if someone punched Garnett in his stupid jutting chin. You can also read him at Yahoo! Sports, Mouthpiece Sports Blog, and Inside The Hall, or at his personal site, eamonnbrennan.com. Follow him on Twitter.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/basketball/Worst-Person-In-The-World-Kevin-Garnett.html

:lol::lol::lol:

pat

Starter
I have to say I like him. On court. I like his passion and the heart he plays with. However, I hate his behaviour in this series. Nevertheless, the thread-title is a bit misleading. You can't really say that he is up there on the list with Hitler, Charles Manson etc. I could deal with most embarrassing person in professional basketball when sidelined.

GetRealistic

Starter
I find it hilarious that every single time TNT or ABC show Garnett he is firing off about 10 curse words a second yet they still consistantly show him.

LeFlume

All Star
It's OK to be fired up when you play. A lot of trash-talking on the court, but when you're in a suit!!!, It's just retarded. KG is a punk..

JayJ44

Starter
I have to say I like him. On court. I like his passion and the heart he plays with. However, I hate his behaviour in this series. Nevertheless, the thread-title is a bit misleading. You can't really say that he is up there on the list with Hitler, Charles Manson etc. I could deal with most embarrassing person in professional basketball when sidelined.

There's nothing wrong with heart and passion. But he always starts fights with other players. He's a smug punk. But if anyone stands up to him, he always backs down. He's a bitch, IMHO.

As for the thread title, it was a hyperbole. It wasn't meant to be taken literally...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
As great as an individual player he was, he could never carry a team deep into the playoffs by himself. Not until last year when he got all the help in the world did he win a title (too many 7 game series). Was never a clutch player.